First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-05 09:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Revision said:

Bold. Genius. Stop Trolling. Level Ranger than come back and share your wisdom. Sam isn't needed and will stay unlocked ;) muah!

gimp.
[+]
 Bahamut.Revision
Server: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 09:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Revision said:

Bold. Genius. Stop Trolling. Level Ranger than come back and share your wisdom. Sam isn't needed and will stay unlocked ;) muah!

gimp.

Lazy
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-05 09:26:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lazy is good too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 09:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Revision said:
Ludoggy said:
Revision said:

gimp.

Lazy

Don't you mean it'll stay Locked?

Thank ya teach. Yes, locked. Unless I get really bored :/
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-05 09:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be useful on Khimaira and such!
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 09:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

<3 ,3 <# ,# gimps so so so so so much.

God, I would love to watch the Khimira that you go rng/nin to and start tping away on its ***, because /sam sux and is staying locked.

I'm already playing that fight through my head now and the lulz are abundent.
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 09:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
<3 ,3 <# ,# gimps so so so so so much.

God, I would love to watch the Khimira that you go rng/nin to and start tping away on its ***, because /sam sux and is staying locked.

I'm already playing that fight through my head now and the lulz are abundent.

Good thing I never fight Khimira :) Stop failing.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-05 09:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't be dualwielding Kraken Club with a dagger by the way <_< just on a random note. Dunno if it's just for looks or anything... it'll slow down the TP gain which is the whole point of using a KC in the first place.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-06-05 09:44:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Man you guys make me laugh. Why does almost every thread on here that's about something in game always turn in to a damn flame war. Can't you guys stop being childish for 1 minute and just post your opinion once and never post in the thread again. I won't be surprised if the thread gets locked soon...and that's pretty damn sad for such a simple question.

But on the RNG pants topic...What about pants for someone who does not do Salvage nor ZNMs (or have the gil to buy Hachi)?
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-05 09:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dusk or AF2 really.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 09:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack said:
Man you guys make me laugh. Why does almost every thread on here that's about something in game always turn in to a damn flame war. Can't you guys stop being childish for 1 minute and just post your opinion once and never post in the thread again. I won't be surprised if the thread gets locked soon...and that's pretty damn sad for such a simple question.

But on the RNG pants topic...What about pants for someone who does not do Salvage nor ZNMs (or have the gil to buy Hachi)?

This would be a good option, if people weren't posting incorrect information. The fact is, that some people may read this thread looking for real advice as to what are good options for Rng to wear. As much as people want to make gear an opinion topic its not. FFXI is built on math and that math can be used to determine what gear is mathmatically best. There are "right" and "wrong" options, some are just more clear than others, but when idiots come on to a thread and post misinformation it is the duty of the informed to correct the mistake so that the uninformed are not lead to be believe that the misinformation is truth. Flame wars start when the misinformed get all butthurt when they are told they are wrong and start crying that their peepee hurts and everyone else are elietist *** who need to let them have their 12.95.

For non salv/znm peps, AF2 and Palawawalaan are pretty good options.
Edit: Yeah, dusk is purrty guud too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-06-05 09:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
This would be a good option, if people weren't posting incorrect information. The fact is, that some people may read this thread looking for real advice as to what are good options for Rng to wear.

Yes I agree, but the problem is there is no way to know 100% who's information is best because everyone is so confident that their own is, which defeats the purpose of the OP in the first place and leaves the person who is seeking advice still unsure which is best...
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 10:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack said:
Frobeus said:
This would be a good option, if people weren't posting incorrect information. The fact is, that some people may read this thread looking for real advice as to what are good options for Rng to wear.

Yes I agree, but the problem is there is no way to know 100% who's information is best because everyone is so confident that their own is, which defeats the purpose of the OP in the first place and leaves the person who is seeking advice still unsure which is best...

Not so, in this very thread someone posted a little bit about how STR affects Rng and also provided a link to the math itself. I do agree that some people may still be confused, but is that a reason to not argue the truth and allow misinformation to be accepted as truth?
 Bismarck.Anuket
Server: Bismarck
user: Anuket
By Bismarck.Anuket 2009-06-05 13:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Dasva said:
should use... byakkos...

Use byakko's for when your TP'ing with KC.

thats what i always do ^^
 Gilgamesh.Phonics
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Phonics
By Gilgamesh.Phonics 2009-06-05 13:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Dusk are easily the best you can buy from the auction house without putting in any effort to kill an NM or do assaults or something. I wear Pahluwan pants full time until I finish Skadi.

If Dusk are too expensive we can refer back to this list
Matix said:
hachi, dusk/+1, pahluwan, enkidu, galliard, scouts braccae, oily trousers, skadi, republic cuisses(nation control), denali, paddock, war brais? in no particular order, but those are like most if not all the pants ull ever look at

Barring War brais, all of the other pants require a group to obtain or some form of dedication to an endgame event. Pahluwan are probably easiest to obtain. It just takes a few weeks of assault spamming. Only other option is Jaridah/Akinji salvars. Racc2&ratk3 is not horrible and should outperform the war brais in most circumstances.

Just because I argued the benefits of STR does not mean I feel everyone must go out and get Hachiryu. I probably will never get them myself. I just dislike all of the false information being spread that STR is useless to tp in.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-05 13:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack said:

It happens on all sites.
We on ffxiah aren't special.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-05 13:35:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bojack said:

Because FFXI are an opinionated bunch...and gear questions ALWAYS turn into a mathematical argument.
 Pandemonium.Rida
Server: Pandemonium
user: Yoichi
By Pandemonium.Rida 2009-06-05 13:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I Use to TP in AFv2 body (waits for the laughs) but seriously with full Rapid shot build (AFv1+1 hat and Body) and 5/5 merits my TP build was awesome since the velocity shot update. Well worth a try for any doubters.

PS b4 the arguments come back if hitting faster is gimp then why does ever MElee job use Haste gear. Rapid shot = Haste for Arrowburn RNG.
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-06-05 13:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, I never said that Str was useless while TPing. I simply was stating that the overall benifits of the Skadi vs Hachiryu pants are better, IMO, for a more solid build. 5 Hit build chance, R. Acc so you may be able to dump another R. Acc slot for something better (maybe some more Str w/ other benifits?) and some more R. Att.

Also, with merits and Job Traits how much R. Acc do you have? And how much do you have if you dump all the gear on Str? The trick to Rng is being balanced.

This also applies to subjobs. Nin, War, Sam and even Drk have their situations. If you are going to want the most power for High Def or Zerg mobs, then /War is optimal. /Sam is great for when you really need that TP and you may only have a small window to gain it, as well as the Store TP and Hasso is nice. /Nin is for those longer fights where you KNOW you are going to get hate and the mob won't die quickly. A Rng/Nin does more damage than a dead/weakened Rng/War. /Drk is mostly just for fun, though sometimes it can be useful. An extra stun can be very helpful and Last Resort/Souleater is awesome for boosting your WS.

Frobeus, Rng is a beast that you obviously have not mastered. And no, Sam/Rng is no where close to Rng. Come back when you've been playing it for 6 years, gone though all the changes, and still can match Relic Bow users without a Relic.
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 14:03:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalix said:
Lol, I never said that Str was useless while TPing. I simply was stating that the overall benifits of the Skadi vs Hachiryu pants are better, IMO, for a more solid build. 5 Hit build chance, R. Acc so you may be able to dump another R. Acc slot for something better (maybe some more Str w/ other benifits?) and some more R. Att.

Also, with merits and Job Traits how much R. Acc do you have? And how much do you have if you dump all the gear on Str? The trick to Rng is being balanced.

This also applies to subjobs. Nin, War, Sam and even Drk have their situations. If you are going to want the most power for High Def or Zerg mobs, then /War is optimal. /Sam is great for when you really need that TP and you may only have a small window to gain it, as well as the Store TP and Hasso is nice. /Nin is for those longer fights where you KNOW you are going to get hate and the mob won't die quickly. A Rng/Nin does more damage than a dead/weakened Rng/War. /Drk is mostly just for fun, though sometimes it can be useful. An extra stun can be very helpful and Last Resort/Souleater is awesome for boosting your WS.

Frobeus, Rng is a beast that you obviously have not mastered. And no, Sam/Rng is no where close to Rng. Come back when you've been playing it for 6 years, gone though all the changes, and still can match Relic Bow users without a Relic.

Well said. Especially last three sentences.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-05 14:11:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Rapid Shot isn't quite as good as Haste... it's a pretty weak trait.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-05 14:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:

Snapshot is the closest thing to Haste.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 14:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Rida said:
I Use to TP in AFv2 body (waits for the laughs) but seriously with full Rapid shot build (AFv1+1 hat and Body) and 5/5 merits my TP build was awesome since the velocity shot update. Well worth a try for any doubters.

PS b4 the arguments come back if hitting faster is gimp then why does ever MElee job use Haste gear. Rapid shot = Haste for Arrowburn RNG.

Snapshot is awesome.
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-06-05 14:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:

True enough, but that is why we also have Snapshot. Fully meritted, with Zha'Go's Barbut, then add in Velocity shot (Rng Haste) and you are shooting pretty fast.

As well, haste (spell/song) does not affect Ranged attack rate.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-05 14:18:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The only problem with Rapid Shot is that it tends to come on slots where there are very strong other options (osode, ACP body etc) :(
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 14:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalix said:

Your the one telling me that worse gear > better gear, and I'm the one that hasn't mastered the job?

The relic holder on the first page told you how to get Xhit build w/o skadi. Rep Acc w/ Str elsewhere to use skadi over hachi is *** stupid. Hachi is such an upgrade on the legs slot that you make adjustments around it, not the other way around.

If you have to /nin in longer fights, then get a real tank who isn't ***and knows wtf he is doing. /Nin has its purposes but its not to increase damage.

Who the hell was talking about Sam/Rng and when did ANYONE compare the two.

If you are keeping up with a relic user, then the relic users sucks *** and should have his account deleted.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Rida
Server: Pandemonium
user: Yoichi
By Pandemonium.Rida 2009-06-05 14:29:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:

Have you tried it? Then how do you know its weak.

I never said Rapid shot was Haste, or Haste effected Rapid shot.

Snapshot = Direct % down in delay

Rapid shot = Makes Arrow Delay 0 on proc meaning only delay on bow is in effect. So lets say you have Valis bow @ 500 delay + demon @ 90 delay so roughly a 20% delay reduction.

On Ixion using Sushi on /NIN with BRD I parsed 1% below a /WAR using meat with a BRD and COR. So tbh you shouldnt ignore this "redundant" JA.
 Bahamut.Revision
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-06-05 14:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Kalix said:

Your the one telling me that worse gear > better gear, and I'm the one that hasn't mastered the job?

The relic holder on the first page told you how to get Xhit build w/o skadi. Rep Acc w/ Str elsewhere to use skadi over hachi is *** stupid. Hachi is such an upgrade on the legs slot that you make adjustments around it, not the other way around.

If you have to /nin in longer fights, then get a real tank who isn't ***and knows wtf he is doing. /Nin has its purposes but its not to increase damage.

Who the hell was talking about Sam/Rng and when did ANYONE compare the two.

If you are keeping up with a relic user, then the relic users sucks *** and should have his account deleted.

I've decided your the biggest nitwit on ff ever. You have no clue what your talking about.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-06-05 14:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That's an 18% delay reduction, if we assume a 10% proc rate that's 18 * 1/10 = 1.8% delay reduction over time.

Not really very exciting.