First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ragnarok.Matix
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Matix
By Ragnarok.Matix 2009-05-30 06:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
So can I TP in denali jacket and WS in osode?

Why would you want to over osode? <_> 10str annihilates 9r.atk in almost every conceivable situation & they have the same r.acc value.

see it like this, mind you fSTR2 is about twice as potent as melee fSTR, giving you roughly 1base dmg per 2-3 points of str instead of melee 4-6.

osode: 10str 5r.att 5r.acc
denali: 9r.atk 5r.acc

crunch it down and the diff is giving up 10str(3-5 base damage), for gain 4r.att. an absolutely terrible trade.

id recommend the ACP body(with stats mentioned earlier in this thread) for every/anyone who can, but keep osode around forever, best ws body, and in a place where you will indefinitely need to hold back tp'ing osode will do well over the ACP body since you wont be able to effectivly utilize snapshot if being forced to hold back(usually for hate reasons etc..)
 Bahamut.Kelia
Server: Bahamut
user: Kelia
By Bahamut.Kelia 2009-05-30 11:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

clearly the best ones are byakko's haidate

User submitted image
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-30 12:20:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Matix said:
Rowland said:
So can I TP in denali jacket and WS in osode?

Why would you want to over osode? <_> 10str annihilates 9r.atk in almost every conceivable situation & they have the same r.acc value.

see it like this, mind you fSTR2 is about twice as potent as melee fSTR, giving you roughly 1base dmg per 2-3 points of str instead of melee 4-6.

osode: 10str 5r.att 5r.acc
denali: 9r.atk 5r.acc

crunch it down and the diff is giving up 10str(3-5 base damage), for gain 4r.att. an absolutely terrible trade.

id recommend the ACP body(with stats mentioned earlier in this thread) for every/anyone who can, but keep osode around forever, best ws body, and in a place where you will indefinitely need to hold back tp'ing osode will do well over the ACP body since you wont be able to effectivly utilize snapshot if being forced to hold back(usually for hate reasons etc..)

Unless your at the fstr2 cap...
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-30 12:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
I tried lotting against a bunch of nins and plds for byakko's haidate last night and the only job I have that can use it is rng. People would have been pissed if I won it. But the leader said he didnt wanna seem biased so he let me lot anyway.

I say if BRD can lot, it's fair game. lol Sure they can use it, but it's a sure-fire way to see grown elfs cry. Why were PLDs lotting that anyway?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2009-05-30 12:51:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Skadi legs > Hachiryu haidate for tp, hands down.

Jiyo said:
With 6-hit build, say you do 200dmg a shot. Let's also say you do 1,000dmg Sidewinder.
Over 106 shots, you would do 21,200 Melee damage, and 21 WS's (assuming you miss none) for another 21,000 WS damage giving you a total of 42,200 Dmg.

With a 7-hit build, say you do 220dmg a shot using hachiryu (that's being generous imo), and you do 1,100dmg Sidewinder. Over 106 shots you would do 23,320 Melee damage, and 17 WS's for another 18,700 WS damage giving you a total of 42,020 Dmg.

These are just ballparks though. If your Dmg/Shot isn't even raised by 20, and your Dmg/WS isn't raised by 100 using Hachiryu Legs, you would more than likely do better using a 6-hit build. However if I'm not being generous enough with the increase in dmg by Hachi Legs, 6-hit probably wouldn't be your best option.

I think this question can only be raised by 6-hit vs Hachi, as the next highest Str legs are Enkidu which are only 4. Only then do I think it would be clear 6-hit > Str in legs slot.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kalix
Server: Ifrit
user: Tokitung
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-05-30 13:01:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Funkworkz said:
Skadi legs > Hachiryu haidate for tp, hands down.

Jiyo said:
With 6-hit build, say you do 200dmg a shot. Let's also say you do 1,000dmg Sidewinder.
Over 106 shots, you would do 21,200 Melee damage, and 21 WS's (assuming you miss none) for another 21,000 WS damage giving you a total of 42,200 Dmg.

With a 7-hit build, say you do 220dmg a shot using hachiryu (that's being generous imo), and you do 1,100dmg Sidewinder. Over 106 shots you would do 23,320 Melee damage, and 17 WS's for another 18,700 WS damage giving you a total of 42,020 Dmg.

These are just ballparks though. If your Dmg/Shot isn't even raised by 20, and your Dmg/WS isn't raised by 100 using Hachiryu Legs, you would more than likely do better using a 6-hit build. However if I'm not being generous enough with the increase in dmg by Hachi Legs, 6-hit probably wouldn't be your best option.

I think this question can only be raised by 6-hit vs Hachi, as the next highest Str legs are Enkidu which are only 4. Only then do I think it would be clear 6-hit > Str in legs slot.

Yes, Skadi are best TP pants, with AF2+1 behind it. Idk, I just could never TP in Hachi, it seems like a Sam TPing in Shura Haidates when he has Byakko's Haidates available.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-30 13:03:57
Link | Quote | Reply

ah but you cant buy skadi or af2+1...
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-30 13:05:56
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you got gil pouring out of your ears and nostrils who would buy hachiryu?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-30 13:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Unless you got gil pouring out of your ears and nostrils who would buy hachiryu?

Well rng is the job of throwing gil at the mob till it dies...
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-30 13:07:55

Ah, so that's why they took back the "Coin Toss" job ability from thief. They just made the RNG job instead.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-30 13:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Coin Toss used to be Samurai :(

EDIT: Was it Samurai or Ninja :( god, been so long.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-30 13:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Raenryong said:
Coin Toss used to be Samurai :(

EDIT: Was it Samurai or Ninja :( god, been so long.

SAM in FFV!
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2009-05-30 13:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought so! For some reason Ninja came to mind but I abused both jobs in that game so :D
 Ragnarok.Zakules
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zakules
By Ragnarok.Zakules 2009-06-02 17:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I vote for Skadi as well. Best pants for TP gain at least at this point in game.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2009-06-02 17:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this a joke? I don't know why I would ever use skadi over hachiryu for tp; I can't believe that's even being discussed... I think everyone would agree that in terms of damage, hachiryu and skadi have almost no comparison; hachiryu clearly wins. Now, when I use my gun, I need 21 tp to get a 5 hit build. I can get 20 store tp from /sam and rajas ring. I can either equip a brutal earring or use hachiryu feet (store tp +5 with the legs and feet) to get 21+. Thus, why the hell would I wear skadi for legs? Anything over 21 store tp does absolute ***and the stats other than store tp on the legs are lol in comparison to hachiryu.

Summary:
-The store tp +7 is USELESS if you already have a 5-hit build. Get better pants or level THF.
-If you want a 5-hit build on /war get hachiryu legs and feet, +5 store tp right there for the set bonus and you don't have to wear shitty gear in the process. And yes I have skadi.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-02 17:39:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Because 4racc+5ratk is > just 5 ratk. for tp.
hachiryu should just be macroed in for ws.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kalix
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-06-02 19:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Helel said:
Is this a joke? I don't know why I would ever use skadi over hachiryu for tp; I can't believe that's even being discussed... I think everyone would agree that in terms of damage, hachiryu and skadi have almost no comparison; hachiryu clearly wins. Now, when I use my gun, I need 21 tp to get a 5 hit build. I can get 20 store tp from /sam and rajas ring. I can either equip a brutal earring or use hachiryu feet (store tp +5 with the legs and feet) to get 21+. Thus, why the hell would I wear skadi for legs? Anything over 21 store tp does absolute ***and the stats other than store tp on the legs are lol in comparison to hachiryu.

Summary:
-The store tp +7 is USELESS if you already have a 5-hit build. Get better pants or level THF.
-If you want a 5-hit build on /war get hachiryu legs and feet, +5 store tp right there for the set bonus and you don't have to wear shitty gear in the process. And yes I have skadi.

Oh, the things that, IMO, are wrong with this:

1. Hachiryu Legs +5 R.att vs Skadi Legs +4 R.acc/+5R.att for TP purposes = duh
2. Hachiryu Feet +5 R.acc vs AF2/AF2+1 Feet +10/12 R.att = Hmm.
3. Hachiryu Feet & Legs +5 R.att/R.Acc and some STP vs Skadi Legs & AF2/+1 Feet +4 R.Acc +15/17 R.Att, some STP, some HP, and Enmity -3/4 = Um SUPER DUH
4. Brutal Earring on Rng = [What?]
5. Using a Gun over Bow as a Rng @ 75 = >.>

Hachiryu Legs are hot for Sidewinder, but to TP in them is a waste.
[+]
 Ramuh.Konoko
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-06-02 19:52:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there something wrong with using a gun as Ranger at 75? I mean, outside of RidillRangers, Culverin+1s, Cannon Shells and Heavy Shells, is it bad to see a RNG wielding a Hellfire +1 (Pretty sure that that's a nice 75 gun.) to do stuff? Endgame stuff, meriting, etc. If they have enough money for bullets and what not, I don't really see the problem.

Maybe because the sweetspot for guns is more in melee range, so that may pose a problem when you are fighting an NM where you'd want to stay out of AoE Range but aside from that, is it really that uneffecient to be a Gun RNG at 75 aside from a bow RNG?
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-02 19:53:13

Konoko said:
Is there something wrong with using a gun as Ranger at 75?

Nope.
 Ifrit.Kalix
By Ifrit.Kalix 2009-06-02 20:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Konoko said:
Is there something wrong with using a gun as Ranger at 75? I mean, outside of RidillRangers, Culverin+1s, Cannon Shells and Heavy Shells, is it bad to see a RNG wielding a Hellfire +1 (Pretty sure that that's a nice 75 gun.) to do stuff? Endgame stuff, meriting, etc. If they have enough money for bullets and what not, I don't really see the problem.

Maybe because the sweetspot for guns is more in melee range, so that may pose a problem when you are fighting an NM where you'd want to stay out of AoE Range but aside from that, is it really that uneffecient to be a Gun RNG at 75 aside from a bow RNG?

No, that's a personal choice, i.e. why I put "IMO" and I didn't really comment on it, just went ">.>"

I just perceive that with so much Str build, that you would get more benifit from using a Bow (Guns are Agi mods vs Bows that are Str/Agi.)
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2009-06-04 02:17:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I Know zip about Rng, but Hel has a Relic gun. Might *possibly* be why he chooses gun over bow...
 Bismarck.Anuket
user: Anuket
By Bismarck.Anuket 2009-06-04 02:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Frobeus said:
Hachi > all for everything as long as you can make up the acc elsewhere.

i wont tp in hachi ^^
[+]
 Garuda.Amara
Server: Garuda
user: Amara
By Garuda.Amara 2009-06-04 02:33:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalix said:
Helel said:

Summary:

3. Hachiryu Feet & Legs +5 R.att/R.Acc and some STP vs Skadi Legs & AF2/+1 Feet +4 R.Acc +15/17 R.Att, some STP, some HP, and Enmity -3/4 = Um SUPER DUH

Helel has a point, it's similar on sam, if you can get to 100TP in 5 hits/bullets/arrows (whatever you want to call it) so that you can WS sooner is actually better and provides better DPS then waiting for 6-7 hits/bullets/arrows.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-04 08:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalix said:
Helel said:

Summary:

In this topic people don't understand how STR affects /RA.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-04 09:12:40

Well I'm sure 10 STR does hell of a lot more than just give 5 r.atk for RNG. I guess if the STP in skadi makes a difference between a 6 and a 7 shot then TP in those, if not then use Hachi if you're lucky enough to have em. R.acc is cheap for the most part, and easy to cap and put in almost any gear slot.
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-04 09:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Well I'm sure 10 STR does hell of a lot more than just give 5 r.atk for RNG. I guess if the STP in skadi makes a difference between a 6 and a 7 shot then TP in those, if not then use Hachi if you're lucky enough to have em. R.acc is cheap for the most part, and easy to cap and put in almost any gear slot.

You get 7 internets for posting smart post.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-04 11:50:00
Link | Quote | Reply

2str=1ratk....anything else?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-04 11:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

should use... byakkos...
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-04 12:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
should use... byakkos...

Use byakko's for when your TP'ing with KC.
[+]