What Job Makes The Best Puller? (apart From BRD In Merits)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » What job makes the best puller? (apart from BRD in Merits)
What job makes the best puller? (apart from BRD in Merits)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Hades.Spoon
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Spoon
By Hades.Spoon 2009-04-27 14:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Since we've gotten onto the subject in another thread, I thought it fair to give it some attention in its own thread.

My op: THF

thoughts?
 Bahamut.Danagon
Server: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-04-27 14:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

COR
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-04-27 14:56:51
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Well each situation has it's own pros and cons. RDM/NIN pulling could do more then a THF/NIN could due to Gravity + Bind, or RDM/THF for the bonus of Flee and just rely on Stoneskin + Blink.

Final answer, situational. Give us a scenario(s) and then we can give you an answer.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-04-27 14:58:19
Link | Quote | Reply

i pulled pretty decent on blm/nin, pull with ranged -> Sleep1/2 on same macro for ease + Bind if things get too bad or in the unlikely event of 2 zz resist in a row!
 Hades.Spoon
Server: Hades
user: Spoon
By Hades.Spoon 2009-04-27 15:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Just looking for personal faves really. blm pulling sounds interesting, I personally dislike for COR to pull, just because i would imagine it to make timing rolls a pain in the ***, same for BRD, i feel bad for both jobs cuz they have to run around like they're on crack
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-04-27 15:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Pulling on Brd is the only thing that keeps your sanity after singing the same damn songs over and over and over and.. Well on Brd/Nin at least, I personally dislike going Brd/Whm to merits.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-04-27 15:10:28

Yakutatazu said:
Pulling on Brd is the only thing that keeps your sanity after singing the same damn songs over and over and over and.. Well on Brd/Nin at least, I personally dislike going Brd/Whm to merits.

my brd is 67 and my /whm is lvl7 lol >.>
/nin ftw

Im serious if I had to come /whm i'd fall asleep
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-04-27 15:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

thf or a cor.
Thf wont be pulling a ***load of hate since they are the hate control. and they just use low delay crossbows.

Cor...they buff...they got a gun...k?
[+]
 Shiva.Dwyte
Server: Shiva
user: dwyte
By Shiva.Dwyte 2009-04-27 15:13:03
Link | Quote | Reply

if its a DRG burn pt, than rdm pullers ftw :D but if not brd for merit, then cor is my #2 pick
 Phoenix.Mayuri
Server: Phoenix
user: Ricard
By Phoenix.Mayuri 2009-04-27 15:14:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i usually prefer COR over BRD
 Cerberus.Maryanne
Server: Cerberus
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-04-27 15:18:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dia III pulling is awesome in merit parties, especially colibri if your RDM is subbing WHM for erase.
More often than not Dia gets reflected on the RDM anyway, and that's a bonus in itself for the occasions us RDMs end up slept.

I personally hate COR pullers just because of the delay.
Unless they're using a Peacemaker, anyway.
 Fairy.Yakutatazu
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Yakutatazu 2009-04-27 15:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cor + Brd ftw really.. I refuse to merit w/o a 2nd Brd or a Cor.. but being able to make demands is a benefit of being a Brd I guess ;D
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-27 16:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Mytoy said:
The only downside to COR pulling is recast. If you've got a REALLY good bird party...a COR won't cut it. COR has a 60sec recast (can be brought down to 45 sec with merits and mirke) per charge on its sleep and they only get two charges.

I hate having to explain this to people that think Cor is an excellent puller. It can also throw off our buff rotation, especially if we have 4 rolls going.

Without a Peacemaker, it's hard to pull fast, and we all know how often that gun is up for sale. >.>;

In bird parties, Cor pulling is just silly. Seriously, get a Brd or even a Thf. ><;
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-27 16:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh we're talking about merits. Well yeah a Cor is better than a Thf with Light Shot and all.
[+]
 Remora.Dubont
Server: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-04-27 16:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I prefer Thf pulling (mainly b/c i dont like subbing nin on cor..and i hate pulling) and as a cor, if it links when the thf pulls, i just sit back and light shot. Keeping 4 rolls up and DDing (or if im forced...backup healing) is enough for me imo. Ill pull with any other job..just not cor.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-27 16:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I just hate pulling as Cor, I don't know why. ; ;

I swear the gun takes twice as long to shoot.
Not an issue for me - I merit with my ls, and we always have a Brd, so not an issue here. :3
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-04-27 16:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

iv seen cor pull in merit ptys..iv actually had higher chains with a thf pulling..of course none of these cor used a peacemaker but still, I'm not willing to sacrifice my dmg output just to be a sufficient puller >.> So yea..to me BRD>Thf>Rng>Cor as far as pulling goes.

Danagon said:
COR

I am going to kill you.

Yeah COR is a good puller (if you have Peacemaker) but there's more beneficial things you can be doing.

Like buffing and owning ***.
 Bahamut.Danagon
Server: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-04-27 16:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Aledacia said:
Danagon said:
COR

I am going to kill you.

Yeah COR is a good puller (if you have Peacemaker) but there's more beneficial things you can be doing.

Like buffing and owning ***.

didnt say it should be puller
 Remora.Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-04-27 17:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i honestly do prefer a rng pulling over cor..b/c aside from sitting there shooting arrows, what else are they doing? Nothing. So they can easily run and shoot and arrow/bolt at something else. As far as Cor dmg sucking..yea..we cant pull off 2k ws (well unless u have OMG AGI sticking out of every pore on ur body) but we can still do pretty decent dmg. Up to 1k slug shots, around 700ish dmg Savage blades and the dmg taken from shooting, using barrage, or just flat out beating on it with a joyeuse.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-04-27 17:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah Rng is a horrible puller for a meripo, they are generally tanking. :c

Needs more Brd so I can pew pew my Detonator and its awesomelookingness.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-04-27 17:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mytoy said:
STR > AGI on ranged WS (until you're at the cap)

RNG builds way to much hate to be able to pull! If they were to pull, they would have to WS midfight..which means they got hate for a while...which means the mob is going to follow them out...it's not easy taking hate from a RNG that's just WS'd (which is why they wait til the end!)

Same applies for any RNG after LV55.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5