What Job Makes The Best Puller? (apart From BRD In Merits)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » What job makes the best puller? (apart from BRD in Merits)
What job makes the best puller? (apart from BRD in Merits)
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-19 11:25:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
maybe if the rng is missing it wont pull hate...

Yeah if one shot from the rng is too much for the tank I'm gonna get a new tank
 Fairy.Lethewaters
Server: Fairy
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-06-19 11:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Kungfuhustle said:
any job can pull.. end of thread.

Wait even pup?

As posted on Page 3.

Lethewaters said:
Honestly it depends on the player. I've been in PT's with BRD/NINs that don't cast shadows and link the Tokyo Bullet Train. Half the time they needed a raise because they never made camp or to the healer.

You can have a decently geared SAM outpull a COR or RNG (Been there done that). I even PT'd once with a PUP that was an AWESOME puller.

It depends on the person's skills as a puller. Some can, others shouldn't even leave their Mog House.

So yes even PUP. Again I echo that it doesn't matter the job but the person's skills.
As for a THF not being able to sleep the mobs and the status bolts don't count? I have a 40-50% chance of sleeping a T-IT mob with uncapped Marksmenship and can handle 2 links with the exp mob.

I've seen THFs take a sizable train to PT's and not get hit but maintain the train.

If you have a BRD or COR pulling that has never even attempted pulling in an EXP PT, you're going to have a very good chance of a SNAFU.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-19 11:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, but you gotta love the RNG's that like to Sidewinder->Barrage->Sidewinder and then are like "WHY DO I HAVE HATE GAWD"
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-19 11:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You do expect the Rng to keep shooting, right?
No matter how good a tank is - a Rng is a strong *** DD, and that DD getting an early boost at hate at the beginning of a fight is never good.
It's like idiots that WS the second a mob is pulled; it's never a good way to start. I'd rather have a Drk Poison pull over a Rng pulling.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-19 11:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
It's like idiots that WS the second a mob is pulled

But but...nvm, they're still stupid.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-19 11:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
No matter how good a tank is - a Rng is a strong *** DD, and that DD getting an early boost at hate at the beginning of a fight is never good.
It's like idiots that WS the second a mob is pulled; it's never a good way to start. I'd rather have a Drk Poison pull over a Rng pulling.

I used to tank as rng...Why you might ask? Cause at low lvls pimping myself full out for racc/agi I usually got alot more evasion as an addon then the nin tanks. And I certainly could get hate better especially with the in your face gun spam or the crazy dmg from holy bolts. I actually out survived our nin tank in promys repeatidly. Was really sad when I could survive at red hp asleep for a full min while he died from full hp in less time while awake lol. Still really tanks need to get better at getting and keeping hate. I've known some pretty good ones and some really bad ones. Most are kinda meh.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2009-06-19 11:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:

Pew Pew Pew!

Tachi: Gekko!

/sam dies

/rng : good thing for HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE DDs xD

ok well THF, DNC, DD (with Range /equip)
 Carbuncle.Elgato
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Elgato 2009-06-19 11:38:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm. 1st attack creates a lot more hate then any other attack, so having a rng pull when you have a thf, war(with range) or any other job that can range.

And if you don't wanna loose a mob to another person have a bst or /bst charm pull nothing and I meant NOTHING is faster then charm.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-19 11:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I've pulled a few times as DNC and I hated it, although TBH it's totally because I *** hate pulling, not because there's anything wrong with it really...
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-06-19 11:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Haseyo said:

I used to tank as rng...Why you might ask? Cause at low lvls pimping myself full out for racc/agi I usually got alot more evasion as an addon then the nin tanks. And I certainly could get hate better especially with the in your face gun spam or the crazy dmg from holy bolts. I actually out survived our nin tank in promys repeatidly. Was really sad when I could survive at red hp asleep for a full min while he died from full hp in less time while awake lol. Still really tanks need to get better at getting and keeping hate. I've known some pretty good ones and some really bad ones. Most are kinda meh.

That ticked me off as PLD in exp. GD RNG would pull and after my 2nd voke I'd lose hate. It wasn't until after we disbanded I saw his dmg output.

I would've thought it was just me until I went into a PT where the same thing happened but I was SAM.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-06-19 11:42:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Oh we're talking about merits. Well yeah a Cor is better than a Thf with Light Shot and all.

They aren't talking about merits though, just the title uses a BRD as an example as a situation.

My take? SMN is the best puller.

If you can get a specific mob from a whole gang of mobs that links with each other, SMN gets the job done period.

Sic Carby at the mob you want, let everyone rape Carby, and the mob you want will only come to you. If you do it right that is.

You sic Carby at your mob, and when it hit it first, retreat it, so the other mobs will link to carby, and when Carby dies, you do not get hate at all except on the mob you first attacked. That way, you can pull a specific mob away from everything else, as long as they don't have alliance hate, like Darters in Aery.
 Remora.Rhinok
Server: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-19 11:44:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Black mage is the best puller and you know it! *_*b
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-19 11:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mind pulling at low levels (pre-Colibri), I just hate having to chain pull at high levels like as Thf. I sit on the mob for like 5 seconds then must run out again. Why bother even attack ><
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-19 11:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Korpg said:
Haseyo said:
Oh we're talking about merits. Well yeah a Cor is better than a Thf with Light Shot and all.

They aren't talking about merits though, just the title uses a BRD as an example as a situation.

I said that awhile ago, I think during the off-topicness of the thread during the Merit Vs Exp party.
 Hades.Dierdren
Server: Hades
user: Dierdren
By Hades.Dierdren 2009-06-19 11:47:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Situations:

Meripo: BRD hands down!
Dynamis: THF hands down!
EXP Party: Just about anything. BRD (just like a Meripo),
RNG,THF,COR (kill mob, pull mob style)
DRK (Stun pull)

cba to put more, just my thoughts.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-19 11:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

My monk's the best with my speeeedy shoes!
 Carbuncle.Elgato
By Carbuncle.Elgato 2009-06-19 11:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Haseyo, 'cuz you wanna be a good player?
'Cuz you want ppl to remember you when they forming a party?
'Cuz the more dmg you do the faster you get exp?

Need more?
Lol
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-19 11:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Elgato said:

Need more?
Lol

You lost me.
 Carbuncle.Elgato
By Carbuncle.Elgato 2009-06-19 11:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol I can't /post on the phone :p
You said that on merits you pull then sit on the mob for like 5 sec then off to pull again, y attacking in the 1st place?
Well I gave you 3 reasons :)
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-19 11:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Being I only merit on Cor, I doubt the name of the Cor matters - they want me anyway. :P
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-19 12:00:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Haseyo said:
Elgato said:

Need more?
Lol

You lost me.

I think that was a burn...
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-19 12:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Yeah, but you gotta love the RNG's that like to Sidewinder->Barrage->Sidewinder and then are like "WHY DO I HAVE HATE GAWD"

I still wonder to this day. Even after I use stealth shot and everything!

Who the **** puts merits in stealthshot!?
 Sylph.Jax
Server: Sylph
user: MissJax
By Sylph.Jax 2009-06-19 12:20:33
Link | Quote | Reply

COR
Most don't believe cor can be a good puller, and i HATE pulling, but i can do it like a brd. (* ")b

&RNG makes the worse puller since the mob likes to follow after you...
 Leviathan.Shurtugal
Server: Leviathan
user: Shurtugal
By Leviathan.Shurtugal 2009-06-19 13:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I've pulled a meripo as rdm/nin once x.x Just treated it like brd. pull with blind, then sleep at camp. Was a decent pt. 20k/hour with no brd or cor.
 Lakshmi.Alaric
Server: Lakshmi
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-06-19 14:11:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to say BRD, pull and sleep helps with Chain. Nice Exp too :P