Games You Regret Ever Playing..

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Games you regret ever playing..
Games you regret ever playing..
First Page 2 ... 19 20 21
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-28 00:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

MMO's are excluded, as countless people who play will say they regret ever starting WoW or FFXI (since for the most part they take up so much of your time and become like crack where you're just unable to quit..)

I'm talking about single player games that are just so shitty you can't believe you invested/wasted any time on..

To date, mine is Far Cry 2.. I've never seen such repetivness in a game, literally practically every mission was just driving to a specified spot and blowing something up... Even using the bus, it would take you 10-15 minutes to get there (because the roads wound around to an absolutely ridiculously length and none of the cars could handle going offroad, though the most common (the jeep) was designed for just such a purpose.. It would get suck on rocks and in water that even a BMW would go through without a second thought (and I do mean literally for anyone who's never played it, just ask someone who has.)
 Phoenix.Ailoki
Server: Phoenix
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-04-28 00:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-28 00:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

X-2 agreed!!!!!
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-28 00:43:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang, Ail beat me to it. Oh well, runner up:

Phoenix.Ailoki
user: Xenophire
By Phoenix.Ailoki 2010-04-28 00:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree with Weewoo, too.

Imo, 2 of the worst games SE ever came out with.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-28 00:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

For crying out loud, even Penny Arcade hopped on to show how bad it was.

[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-28 00:47:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and one more. Was like a low budget Oblivion wannabe. So *** terrible.

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-04-28 00:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bayonetta...damned game was a complete waste of money and time. The graphics are very pretty though!
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-28 00:50:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ailoki said:

Lol, trying playing Just Cause 2, it's *** horrible, I'd expect such glitchy-ness from Ubisoft, but not from SE.. It had/has lots of potential, but the storyline is short as hell and I doubt you'd even see as many glitches in an Alpha release.

Don't get me wrong, the game's fun (although it shares that same characteristic with Far Cry 2 of rinse, wash, repeat, at least the world is wide open for you to come in your own way, and do things your own way.)

Far Cry 2's world was open, but just being open isn't good enough. You still only actually had a couple of ways to enter the base where your objective was. But still, that game was horrible.. I loved the game at first, but when all the glitches started hitting, I quickly learned it was a mistake ever starting to play it to begin with..

One of the worst glitches is that there's a mission, that involves a plane, and if you die durring it (extremely easy to do since the planes handle like a school bus and you have to be very close to the target for it to register any damage) you will be unable to do it.. For whatever reason, you dying while on this mission = the building getting god mode cheat.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-28 00:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Bayonetta...damned game was a complete waste of money and time. The graphics are very pretty though!

Eh, I loved the demo. Might buy it when if it becomes a best seller/cheaper.
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-04-28 00:55:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Two worlds, I forgot about that piece of crap!! Yeah, that game sucks for sure.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-04-28 00:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Oh and one more. Was like a low budget Oblivion wannabe. So *** terrible.

woah now.. Oblivion was on a different plane of existence ya but two worlds was not that bad, there was a ENORMOUS world with so much ***to do. I enjoyed it 7-8/10
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-28 00:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Weewoo said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:

Eh, I loved the demo. Might buy it when if it becomes a best seller/cheaper.

Just buy Devil May Cry 4... Or the earlier ones if you have A PS2 or B/C PS3.

Bayonetta is to DMC as Perfect Dark is to Goldeneye 007..

Same game, different guns/objectives/graphics.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-28 01:03:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Phoenix.Ailoki said:

Lol, trying playing Just Cause 2, it's *** horrible, I'd expect such glitchy-ness from Ubisoft, but not from SE.. It had/has lots of potential, but the storyline is short as hell and I doubt you'd even see as many glitches in an Alpha release.

Don't get me wrong, the game's fun (although it shares that same characteristic with Far Cry 2 of rinse, wash, repeat, at least the world is wide open for you to come in your own way, and do things your own way.)

Far Cry 2's world was open, but just being open isn't good enough. You still only actually had a couple of ways to enter the base where your objective was. But still, that game was horrible.. I loved the game at first, but when all the glitches started hitting, I quickly learned it was a mistake ever starting to play it to begin with..

One of the worst glitches is that there's a mission, that involves a plane, and if you die durring it (extremely easy to do since the planes handle like a school bus and you have to be very close to the target for it to register any damage) you will be unable to do it.. For whatever reason, you dying while on this mission = the building getting god mode cheat.

Keep in mind that SE bought out Eidos, so though the publisher is as one now, I'm sure they kept most of their developers so it's still gonna be sub par despite being bought out. IMO SE went downhill after buying out Enix as far as game quality goes. Business wise I'm sure they're booming.
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
Server: Alexander
user: xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-04-28 01:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-28 01:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I know that much, but they still have to stamp their approval on the game before it goes into actual production/sales..

The fact that they Ok'd it with as flawed as it is (literally one of the most flawed games I've seen since the days of Super Nintendo) really damning..

It's so bad that I'm almost embarrased to even say I played through the story line, which by the way only accounts for about 20% of the game, the other 80 is just destroying Government Property** and finding skill ups.. They made the map absolutely huge in what I'll guess is an attempt to make up for the lack of depth involved int he missons...

**The way you progress through the missions is by causing so much 'chaos', you obtain chaos almost exclusively by destroying buildings and such labeled with the star of the Panuan (sp?) government.

The map is so huge, that even in the fastest plane, it will take a minute or two for you to travel 3 kilometers, the entire map is over 32 kilometers from one side to the other.

I've already beat the story line, and have all weapons/vehicles unlocked, yet I'm only at 26% of the game, if that gives you any refrence to just how much of the game is the same thing over and over again (going to a new location, finding all the powerups and destroying all the govt. buildings)

That game is just horrible... At first I thought it was going to be great..

*Maps huge, good sign
*You can literally approach your target from any direction (it's not just squarely linear where you can only advance on the target from the ground, good sign)
****tons of towns/army bases to explore, good sign
*Missions that it's actually easy to die on even in normal mode if you don't pay attention, good sign
*An actual story line, which is not predictable (even thought it is an extremely common occruance in enetertainment recently), good sign
*SE signature stamped on the game, bad, baaad,, BAD, EXTREMELY BAD SIGN!

Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-28 01:14:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Xgalahadx said:

LOL!
 Lakshmi.Feifongwong
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Feifongwong 2010-04-28 01:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ailoki said:

The story was very very bad, but the gameplay itself was pretty fun.
[+]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-04-28 01:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL!

The first one was good don't get me wrong but the second was just crap.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-28 01:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

man i dont know how to post ***in forums. how do i post a pic? >.>
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-28 01:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:

Oh wow, I had a friend that was looooooved that game, tried to get me to play it, which I tried, just so he'd shut up... I never could get that game, I didn't know what to do or where to go.. When I asked him for help, he'd tell me to figure it out on my won.. To which I'd be like 'what the ***!? YOU want me to play this game and see the storyline, not me, YOU!..'

Never did finish it, got maybe 10% through it before we stopped being friends (not over the game though lol..)

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
Server: Leviathan
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2010-04-28 01:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

woot figured it out
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-28 01:31:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried so hard to convince myself it was a decent game. But the gravity of reality weighed down on me. It was pretty shitty.
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-28 01:43:08
Link | Quote | Reply

2 Ways, make your own photobucket, save the image to your computer, then go to photobucket and upload that pic, when it's done uploading click save, then you'll be brought to the album where it was sent, either hover over the pic, or click the pic, and somewhere on the page you will see 4 different options, one of them wlll say IMG Code, copy that entire line and post it here..

The other way is to right click (assuming on Firefox) and select View Image Location (copy image location works too, but it can be iffy at times, this is the most reliable way), copy the URL (will say http://www.whatever.com/whatever.jpg/.png/.bmp/.whatever) in your Address bar, then put it between these (without the .'s)

[img.]URLGOESHERE.jpg[./img]
 Alexander.Xgalahadx
By Alexander.Xgalahadx 2010-04-28 01:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> <.<
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-04-28 01:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL!

The first one was good don't get me wrong but the second was just crap.

I've never played the first one, but yeah I bought the game only because I was expanding my game library and it was 20 bucks, I've yet to do so much as the first mission on it. I tried it on the demo, didn't like it.. and yes that was before I bought the game, I bought the game anyways, because I figured at some point I would be bored/desperate enough to play it, along with 5 other games that I got for 20 bucks or so..

I've yet to get bored enough to play any of them.. Lol.. Time Shift is in that list that I bought for 20 bucks or less, as well as Endwar

Jesus Christ, Endwar.. I remember waiting forever for that, The way the dev's made it seem, it was COMPLETELY REVOLUTIONARY (yes deserves all Caps) They made it seem as if it was going to a FPS, with a command position like there is in BF2, but the matches would go on for months, and there would be hundreds playing the same match..

Imagine my face when I put it in for the first time, saw it was even less then Command and Conquer : Red Alert, just with voices..

Seriously, 4 groups of fighters? (don't give me none of that it's a strategic game either, cuz, *** no.. Command and Conquer is a strategist's game.. This game is for people who just can't handle anymore then 4 tasks to watch over at a time..)

Anyways.. If anyone followed Endgame from the time it was announced, you can probably vouch for the Dev's making it seem like it was going to be like MAG (that IS a FPS game, and there IS up to hundreds of people on at a time well supposed to be anyways, I haven't got it, because I gave up on that idea) Massive let down.. It's pretty sad when a PS3 game with no predecessor is beat out by a PSX game..

First Page 2 ... 19 20 21