Games You Regret Ever Playing..

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Games you regret ever playing..
Games you regret ever playing..
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-06-06 05:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
I made a mistake and played WoW for 3 months. I really regret the time and money I spent on that ....

I already regret getting the trial version. played for about 30 mins, logged off and never logged on again.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-06 07:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Leviathan.Remoraforever said:
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
^Your reason for hating Fallout 3 is amazing, really. One game you hate the graphics, the other game you hate the storyline. The other game you hate for being repetitive. There are very few games that have all three of the aspects above in good abundance.

And hating a game because it has a certain "feel" to it and because it hurts your fanboy pride is called being an elitist gamer.

You're a joke.

I'm sorry, I'm not built to live up to your expectations, if I'm an "elitist" well then fine, I play games that entertain me, I don't play them just to figure out how to win. And the whole remark about me being a joke is a little much considering we're talking about video games here, I mean come on, You don't even know me and you judge me on how I pick and choose my games? Come on, that's the real joke here.

Your reasoning on Fallout 3 is based upon nostalgic elitism instead of any real reasons.

"I don't like any Call of Duty games, because I don't like shooters in general."

That's my reason for disliking a game, not even hating it.

You're going as far as hating a game because it "feels" like Oblivion? And because you're a fanboy of the franchise?

I'm sorry, but that's just angling for attention. You might dislike the game, but there are more practical and valid reasons for that.

Alright, There are more practical reasons behind why I don't like fallout 3, I just though I'd be short and sweet to save time, but since you're obviously calling me out on this statement I'll list them.

My reasons for hating fallout 3 include:
Bethesda lost the whole feel of 50's futurism, and lost the feeling of nuclear-wasteland and turned it into a running joke among the "fallout 3 crew"
The graphics had plenty of room for improvement and they could have done much better with the time they had to make the game.
Fallout 3 was majorly buggy, and to some people, even after the supposed "fixes" patched by bethesda the game still hasn't been fixed in some areas.
Bethesda made the console leaned towards XBox towards the start, and for a good while before releasing the additional content to the ps3 owners, And yes I do know it was because Microsoft and Bethesda still had a contract dealing with exclusive contents for xbox system, but they delayed the content for ps3 a good while before releasing it on the deadline they announced.
The game had very repetitive running around "Go here, go there, no wait, come back there and do this, then go there etc."
There's probably a lot I'm forgetting here, but You get the point.

Edit:

Found out the game that I confused Chrono Trigger with, The title is Growlanser. My friend Andy helped me find the title of the game.

At least Bethesda didn't make you lose the game for loving it. (500 [game]Day time limit wtf srsly...) You can Fault Bethesda's Fallout on a lot of Opinions, you can't fault it on any real poor design choices, not like that anyway. And mind you, this was an age when a fairly small percentage of people could actually GET the patch that removed the time limit.

Fallout 1 and 2 were equally buggy, depending on what you qualify as a bug.

Repetitive...? And here you are singing praises of a Turn Based game? Nothing in this world is more repetitious than enemies that kindly wait for you to shoot them.

Fallout 3 had a layer of detail to the world that only a close-in (1st person) game could have. Instead of relying on text, it used the environment to tell stories. If you couldn't see things like that, stop fast traveling.

Take Notes->The one point I agree on is The loss of "Nuclear Wasteland" Feel. Survival in Fallout 1&2 was more against the world, than the denizens of that world. Fallout 3 sorely lacked this. Water Sources, Stimpacks and Rad-Away are all as plentiful as the samey brown dirt that covers most of the world now apparently. Drug Addiction is lol at best, a slight inconvenience at worst. Broken Limbs/Serious Injury as well are just a simple poke away from being 100%. All in All, the Survival Aspect was virtually lost in it's entirety. (But hopefully Obsidian's Hardcore mode can Revive that in NV)

Honestly, I respect opinions and all, but it really seems like you're just using stock reviewer comments to disparage a game you just plain up don't like because you're a Fallout Purist. And that's okay. But at least have the stones to admit that, because none of your 'criticisms' are either Fallout 3 exclusive, or even appear in the game at all. Honestly, I doubt you've even played FO3.

Bold Typface: If you really want people to respect your bashing, at least show you've played the game by providing real details, instead of things that can really be misinterpreted on the back of the box.
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2010-06-06 07:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

how many people have said or are going to say FFXI do you think? >.>
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-06 08:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

At the same time, I both loved and hated Fallout 3. I'm a huge fan of Oblivion and liked the direction they went with Fallout 3, but everything is just too dark and depressing after a while. Somehow the cheery music ended up making it a lot worse, also.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-06 09:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
At the same time, I both loved and hated Fallout 3. I'm a huge fan of Oblivion and liked the direction they went with Fallout 3, but everything is just too dark and depressing after a while. Somehow the cheery music ended up making it a lot worse, also.

The Cheery 50's music was supposed to be Ironic Contrast. The actual default soundtrack is a lot more hopeless and depressing. I frankly never used the Pip-Boy's radio feature, because there was something eerily atmospheric about entering a dilapidated building and hearing the music echo through the hallways, or hearing John Henry Eden's haunting optimism while you fight through hordes of ghouls. It was enough to make you forget that any unshielded consumer electronics would have been destroyed by the initial EMP of the atomic bombs detonating.

Fallout 3 had a layer of atmospheric depth that Oblivion was lacking. It seems, because of the new-gen rush to get great launch titles on the 360, they skipped that last layer of polish that a game like Morrowind Had. 90% of the gaming community can be forgiven for not even noticing that missing, but I absolutely felt the Copypasta technique was used all too often on Oblivion (As much as I still do love that game). It's almost as if they got the game to the point where they were ready to start adding those details, and all of a sudden, just released it with all the stock placeholder things instead of true variety. This assumption is further substantiated by the Expansion Shivering Isles, that does show that layer of Detail the main game is missing.

To keep things Relevant. Games I regret Playing:
Grand Theft Auto IV. (Should be renamed Cell Phone adventure II amirite?!)

Armored Core 4 (Armored Core Fan to the max, but 4 blew *** except for the Online which was only passable, 4 Answer was pretty good though)

By bbane 2010-06-06 10:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tuvae said:
how many people have said or are going to say FFXI do you think? >.>

Me, as I'm playing, and once I stop playing I'll say the same.
 Alexander.Sumo
Server: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2010-06-06 10:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Shadow Hearts. This game imo has to be one of the lamest titles ever. Granted, I played the sequel and was surprised at what a vast improvment it is from the first. In fact, i'd go on the record to say that Shadow Hearts 2 is one of the best games i've ever played. The first however, just garbage.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
Server: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-06-06 10:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2010-06-06 11:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Not my game, but a friend's. Bought at Best Buy, beat the first 2 levels, sold on eBay, and all within 30 minutes. The art on the box is easily the best part.

The graphics were/are terrible and the music made you want to stab yourself. You get to control a dragon but only to pop balloons/shoot down enemy blimps. Nothing good about this game whatsoever.

[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-06 11:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Indeed. It was like SE's attempt at Dynasty Warriors but with dragons. It was made of fail.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-06-06 12:00:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Sumo said:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Shadow Hearts. This game imo has to be one of the lamest titles ever. Granted, I played the sequel and was surprised at what a vast improvment it is from the first. In fact, i'd go on the record to say that Shadow Hearts 2 is one of the best games i've ever played. The first however, just garbage.

Seriously? They were very much similar, so I really don't see where you're getting that 2 was so much better than 1. I like both considerably.
 Alexander.Sumo
Server: Alexander
user: sumo
By Alexander.Sumo 2010-06-06 12:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Alexander.Sumo said:
Seriously? They were very much similar, so I really don't see where you're getting that 2 was so much better than 1. I like both considerably.
I guess my major sticking points have to be the crazy skill animations, dialogue and the monster art. It seems like no matter what you fight, theres always something with a leg sticking out of it's head or somehow standing on it's own face. I guess I was looking for atleast a few conventional 2 legged enemies to fight. Going back to the animations though, Things like Margerete's calling in a giant syringe from the sky to cure status effects is just beyond silly to me, and God forbid having to use Halley's skills that make him sound like a butthurt Tidus. I'm not trying to knock the game too much on it's originality because it has it's finer points too but I think that SH2 was a little more refined and an overall much better experience.
By Sylph.Flyinghippress 2010-06-06 21:16:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lost Odyssey is on my list of most recent. OMGAWD all of a sudden they're all aliens.
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-06 21:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Flyinghippress said:
Lost Odyssey is on my list of most recent. OMGAWD all of a sudden they're all aliens.
 Bahamut.Megrim
Server: Bahamut
user: Megrim
By Bahamut.Megrim 2010-06-06 21:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-06-06 22:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause you know they're gonna be all 'durr hurr this game r popular now, lets throw in meme's and be cool derp derp there's cake'

The first one was interesting, but I fear they'll try too hard on the second one.
 Diabolos.Otahar
Server: Diabolos
user: Takustar
By Diabolos.Otahar 2010-06-06 22:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

resonance of fate- This game was boring. The combat was interesting though

White Knight Chronicles- bad story, it was like one of those saturday cheesy cartoons

By Blkninja 2010-06-06 22:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Metro 2033
By ararita 2010-06-06 23:37:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinetika and Dirge of Cerebus as it was far to short...easliy beat in 5 hours.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-07 00:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:

Cause you know they're gonna be all 'durr hurr this game r popular now, lets throw in meme's and be cool derp derp there's cake'

The first one was interesting, but I fear they'll try too hard on the second one.

Clearly, you don't know Valve very well.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Gats
user: Gats
By Siren.Gats 2010-07-23 21:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Kujata.Akeda said:

Clearly, you don't know Valve very well.

Clearly he doesn't.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-07-23 21:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Prolly already posted, but
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-07-23 21:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Prolly already posted, but

lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-07-23 21:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Quest 64. God that game was so horrible. I beat in a couple hours (an RPG you can beat in a couple hours? wtf is that?) and never played it again. Dragon Quest VII also sucked horribly; I never managed to finish it and I regret spending as much time as I did trying to.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-07-23 22:23:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Would FFVI count?
seriously though, game was worse than FFIV in every way but graphics <.<
and leveling in FFIV didn't feel like grinding.... FFVI was a pain with putting/taking out espers for spells and stats
And after Kefka destroys the world, the game turns into crap >_>.
inb4 "obvious troll is obvious" for not liking an overrated game, etc
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-23 22:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Call of duty!!! Never again!!
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-07-23 22:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Bloodbathboy said:
Call of duty!!! Never again!!
IM ASHAMED
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-07-23 22:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

And I sucked at it to!!! How do you think I feel, lol!!
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-23 22:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Would FFVI count?
seriously though, game was worse than FFIV in every way but graphics <.<
and leveling in FFIV didn't feel like grinding.... FFVI was a pain with putting/taking out espers for spells and stats
And after Kefka destroys the world, the game turns into crap >_>.
inb4 "obvious troll is obvious" for not liking an overrated game, etc

wat

I don't know whether to point out the XII avatar or to just hope this is an elaborate troll.
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-07-23 22:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

awww you should play with me if you have xbox & if you have mw2or the first mw.! its so much fun!!!
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21