Update On It's Way.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Update on it's way.
Update on it's way.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-02-27 04:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

imagine the happy blm with:

FOV Mount Zhayolm Page 3:
Ebony Pudding x8 = 2000k exp

I'd be a very happy BLM.

Just my 2cents but, what I'd REALLY like to see, is removing merits category caps. If I want to freakin' merit to cap enhancing skill too because I'm that way and white mage is cooler than everything, then let me. Elemental merits are just too good to not get them >_>. I'd love singing, wind, summoning, healing, divine, and enhancing skills too. Stop limiting stuff!

Also make salvage bodies cost less gil by doing something to change imperial wootz ingots. 14.4m on my server atm is just ridiculous. 8m sure, but not 14.4m.
By Antonaki 2010-02-27 05:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:

I'd be a very happy BLM.

Just my 2cents but, what I'd REALLY like to see, is removing merits category caps. If I want to freakin' merit to cap enhancing skill too because I'm that way and white mage is cooler than everything, then let me. Elemental merits are just too good to not get them >_>. I'd love singing, wind, summoning, healing, divine, and enhancing skills too. Stop limiting stuff!

Also make salvage bodies cost less gil by doing something to change imperial wootz ingots. 14.4m on my server atm is just ridiculous. 8m sure, but not 14.4m.

Salvage bodies do cost less, its called ISNM.
 Phoenix.Smileybone
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-02-27 05:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd really like to see Tavnazia in the past D:

Maybe Tavnazia could incorporate some new endgame event similar to salvage, dynamis, limbus, etc. too.

Also, COR's marksmanship rating go up a notch or two and maybe some new spells for BLM like Burn II, Choke II, etc.
 Unicorn.Aiiiight
Server: Unicorn
user: Aiiiight
By Unicorn.Aiiiight 2010-02-27 06:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i would like to see mage and dd merits in different groups, pathetic having 5 upgrades to cover mnd, vit, str int etc
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-27 06:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonaki said:

I'd be a very happy BLM.

Just because you get the kores from ISNM doesn't mean it reduces the price a whole lot. There is opportunity cost in the fact that instead of making them into ingots you could sell them. Not to mention if the crafter breaks your synth you might have been better just selling your kore and buying ingots.

Salvage bodies still cost around 13-14mil depending on server.
 Pandemonium.Areis
Server: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2010-02-27 06:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

lets see what would i like to see from the update?

Salvage:
While I'd love to whine and say increased salvage drop rates, and more ways to get Khroma Ore / IM.Wootz ingots... ok yeah I do want them. But I can live with the system as is.

Blue mage, more spells & more set points! I actually like farming spells and I wish it wasn't always a fight for what to cast

Corsair, ??

Dragoon, A native refresh piece besides Ares body

Monk, Raise the skill up rate for Guard
Samurai, A GTK that doesn't look like a meatcleaver which can compare to Rind & Hagun and isn't excessively difficult to obtain.

Paladin, ??

Summoner, could use something but it works well for what i do

White Mage, I *** love Whm/Sch! and the last update was wonderful. maybe raise the native shield skill a bit 210 cap feels kinda low
FoV:
Books added to Conquest dungeons & buffs to last through level sync.
Drop rates for weapons increased >.<; it's really annoying to only be able to gather 4 friends and end up having a personal record of 0/60 and maybe 1/150~ for all Tabula (which went to a mule of all things!)

I could probably think of more but this seems a good enough break point.
 Unicorn.Aiiiight
By Unicorn.Aiiiight 2010-02-27 06:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Gilster said:
Diabolos.Sovereign said:
All I really want to see is the completion of WotG storyline, and with it a new endgame area similar to Sea or Sky. (Walk of Echoes, <Yes, Please>)
i never did / cared about WotG so i could care less bout it

what a stupid respone, and totally pointless...
FYI wotg has the best storyline in the game
[+]
By Antonaki 2010-02-27 06:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Antonaki said:

I'd be a very happy BLM.

Just because you get the kores from ISNM doesn't mean it reduces the price a whole lot. There is opportunity cost in the fact that instead of making them into ingots you could sell them. Not to mention if the crafter breaks your synth you might have been better just selling your kore and buying ingots.

Ingots cost was minimal before salvage, supply and demand, its the player base that decides the cost, not SE. Ingots drop from einherjar and ANNM where as before it was just from mining and crafting, the availability of ores/ingots is much higher than it was before yet the demand is also much higher, after the mog lottery there were 50+ ores on the AH and the price dropped to just under 400k each, yet the ingots stayed the same.. blame the crafters for the costs.
 Unicorn.Aiiiight
By Unicorn.Aiiiight 2010-02-27 06:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

would also like to see alot less npc's in campaign battle, its getting stupid, a wave comes in and is destroyed straight away.
Nice way to put people off
[+]
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-02-27 08:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonaki said:
Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
Antonaki said:

I'd be a very happy BLM.

Ingots cost was minimal before salvage, supply and demand, its the player base that decides the cost, not SE. Ingots drop from einherjar and ANNM where as before it was just from mining and crafting, the availability of ores/ingots is much higher than it was before yet the demand is also much higher, after the mog lottery there were 50 ores on the AH and the price dropped to just under 400k each, yet the ingots stayed the same.. blame the crafters for the costs.
SE certainly knows what they are doing when they introduce an event like salvage. It wasn't a mistake that salvage bodies ended up costing what they do.

I don't know about your server, but on mine the price on ingots stayed the same because wootz ore increased in price to adjust for all the crafters making ingots.

Now we are seeing some downward movement in wootz ore prices and concurrently in ingots.

Considering the ~5% chance to bust the synth I think it warrants some mark up from the crafters.

You are right that the costs of salvage bodies is because of supply and demand. What you over look is that SE controls both of those. I don't personally have a problem with the price of them, but claiming that they are cheap if you get the materials yourself, or that it's the crafters fault ignores some aspects of the situation.
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2010-02-27 08:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Aiiiight said:
would also like to see alot less npc's in campaign battle, its getting stupid, a wave comes in and is destroyed straight away.
Nice way to put people off

When WoTG Started, it was like that, not many NPC's. The result was almost all Nations losing the areas. What I would like to see changing in campaign its The Losing the Medals ***. I hate that you HAVE to keep Campaigning to keep your medals.
Phoenix.Smileybone said:
I'd really like to see Tavnazia in the past D:

Maybe Tavnazia could incorporate some new endgame event similar to salvage, dynamis, limbus, etc. too.

Same ^^
I don't recall if during the WoTG Storyline or NPC talk they mention the attack on the Marquisate, but since the Massacre of Garlaige Citadel has not passed yet in the Past, it could be a huge possibility opening the Tavnazian Marquisate to players. ^^b

As Endgame event maybe not, but as a Huge Campaign with all Allied Forces battling, maybe. Or as a Campaign/Dyna event
@.@

Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-02-27 08:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like some kind of endgame for people who don't have as much time to play.

I would be doing endgame, but having school sets me back. I can't seem to find a LS that's run times work with me =/
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-27 10:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Stiklelf said:
I would like some kind of endgame for people who don't have as much time to play.

I would be doing endgame, but having school sets me back. I can't seem to find a LS that's run times work with me =/
Limbus and Einherjar? Run times can definitely be a problem though.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-02-27 10:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Fenrir.Stiklelf said:

Limbus and Einherjar? Run times can definitely be a problem though.

Can't do Limbus, and I know very little about Einherjar.

But still, I would need a group that has runtime that works with me.

Ninja edit: I hate to say it but I would like something like they have in wow, where you can set it up to make a party for you, once it finds the people for the party it takes you to the battle field.

I know nothing like that can/will come from the update, but it would be nice to have
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-27 10:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Aiiiight said:
FYI wotg has the best storyline in the game

Disagree.
Shantotto AND the King (of hearts?) makes ToAU the best storyline imo.
 Fairy.Nekozuko
Server: Fairy
user: Nekozuko
By Fairy.Nekozuko 2010-02-27 12:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Stubbs said:
I hate to bring everyone down, but I'm pretty sure SE has already decided and coded most of what will be in the next update. These decisions were likely made and finalized months ago.

They probably have their testing teams working on the debugging process right now, as some of the new content and changes will surely be playable at Vanafest.

That said, I'm not really looking forward to any potential job or event changes. Everyone knows SE won't improve any jobs, they'll just gimp all the others to bring them down to a "fair" level.

Truth hurts.

SE has a track record of buffing jobs they decided to buff 2nd rather then nerf dual wield, they decided to buff whm instead of nerfing Rdm. Really the only nerfs seem to be the haste cap and Rng, well unless I'm missing a few nerfs.

I believe SE will far more likely attempt to buff jobs oppose to nerf.
By Alaik 2010-02-27 12:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Utsusemi Nerf, Fuidama Nerf, RNG nerf, haste nerf, repeated casting nerf, multi-hit WS TP nerf, WS-nerfs (Penta, Sidewinder, etc, etc)

Just off the top of my head, but I've played a while.

But yeah, my money is on buffs of some sort, it seems to be their modus operandi lately.

If those buffs will be good or to jobs that could use it however...

Still half-considering if I should take my friend's bet on his 2-handed Great Bell prediction...
 Fairy.Nekozuko
Server: Fairy
user: Nekozuko
By Fairy.Nekozuko 2010-02-27 12:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah I forgot about those, and the TP floor nerf <.<
By Alaik 2010-02-27 12:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

That also, but compare nerfs the last two years to the buffs they've given in the last three years, and you'll see why I agree with you.

Retaliation, Footwork (Almost feel bad for putting that there as a buff), Accomplice/Collaborator, Afflatus, Composure, Dread Spikes, Yonin/Innin, Sekkanoki, the list goes on.. Only two jobs I can think of that haven't gotten anything in these last rounds are DRG and BLM.

BBL, I think I will take my friend's bet, provided he umbrellas it with a month of messed up campaign after.
 Midgardsormr.Natlow
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Natlow
By Midgardsormr.Natlow 2010-02-27 12:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love the ability for Dragoons to use jumps in skillchains so we can self SC.

A guy can dream right...?
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-02-27 12:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Natlow said:
I'd love the ability for Dragoons to use jumps in skillchains so we can self SC.

Wouldn't that be a bit unfair since it's a JA and not a WS? That would be like SCH being able to Magic Burst from using Stratagems.

Midgardsormr.Natlow
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Natlow
By Midgardsormr.Natlow 2010-02-27 14:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I know. It's not really a feasible idea, but it would be cool. Might give us a chance to compete with Samurais which (sorry for jumping on the bandwagon) do seem a little overpowered
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-02-27 20:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonaki said:

I'd be a very happy BLM.

I'm not even going to get into that.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8