Update On It's Way.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Update on it's way.
Update on it's way.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-25 04:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Up the limits on skill based merits (Weapon, Magic etc.) but keep individual skills limited to 8. This way, people with multiple 75s can still merit their necessary skills for multiple jobs instead of having just 2-3 well merited jobs.

BLM should receive an update. Something along the lines of more conserve MP or an ability that helps with conserve MP. It doesn't break the job at all. The job is not broken. It's the sheer number of BLMs you use that can makes the job seem broken. New spells would be nice but they don't have to be devastating spells. We don't need Meteors or Ultimas or whatever. Just something new to play with but is actually useful.

BST needs some GOOD jug pets. A slime, leech, spider or fish one for example. Also why not add some jug pets of mobs you normal can't charm. Wyvern or malboro for example. Make them last a little longer and they'd be useful for endgame events.

Fix Last Resort for DRK. It should be equivalent of WAR's Berserk.
Premium
By Sigmund 2010-02-25 05:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

More Storable Item Sets!!!! ect: Nyzul, Campaign, Salvage

Was/Is it the hard to just do this when you introduce the sets!?!
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-25 05:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing I want more than any job buff or nerf in the world would simple be a more sophisticated and enhanced storage/inventory system.

Starting with equipped items not taking up inventory space...
 Fairy.Maimed
Server: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-02-25 17:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM should learn REFLECT.
[+]
 Asura.Artemicion
Server: Asura
By Asura.Artemicion 2010-02-25 17:55:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it's in the dats, so it exists somewhere but obviously was never implemented but, Libra would be *** amazing if they did it right.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-02-25 18:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh if they gave Devotion a recast timer reduction, and/or an ability like "Holy Channel" which syncs your Mana pool with a party member, ie a Paladin, this could help WHMs stay more competitive in lowman and exp party situations. The big drawback is WHM still lacks the ability to debuff a mob like RDM and SCH can. Yes it has Slow/Paralyze, but it's definitely not a job capable of consistently landing enfeebles on high level NMs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-02-25 18:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Maimed said:
Tbh if they gave Devotion a recast timer reduction, and/or an ability like "Holy Channel" which syncs your Mana pool with a party member, ie a Paladin, this could help WHMs stay more competitive in lowman and exp party situations. The big drawback is WHM still lacks the ability to debuff a mob like RDM and SCH can. Yes it has Slow/Paralyze, but it's definitely not a job capable of consistently landing enfeebles on high level NMs.

Devotion has a recast timer reduction. Its called merits D:
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
Server: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-02-25 18:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
-Add a BRD automaton that sings songs
Automatons have no voice.

COR having a B in Marksmanship along with 'RNG ONRY' guns is one of my biggest annoyances, especially when they keep implying that Corsair is a gun wielding job.

Libra and Reflect would be awesome, but you just know SE would screw it up one way or another.
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
Server: Fenrir
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-02-25 18:47:33
Link | Quote | Reply

BST being able to SC with pets would be nice, every other job that has a pet can use it in a SC in some way, why not BST?
 Fenrir.Stiklelf
user: stikle
By Fenrir.Stiklelf 2010-02-25 18:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Kujata.Akeda said:
Quote:
-Add a BRD automaton that sings songs
Automatons have no voice.

Yes they do. Get a new frame for your Automaton, it will talk to you about it.

And if you do Toau missions you can see they do indeed talk.
 Fairy.Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-02-25 18:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
Fairy.Maimed said:
Devotion has a recast timer reduction. Its called merits D:

I was implying an even lower recast timer to make the MP awarded to party members equivalent to the amount refreshed by a RDM. Perhaps a 2:30 min timer, or 5:00 min timer. This wouldn't break WHM seeing as you're only capable of using this on one party member at a time, and not yourself as well.
 Siren.Talonn
Server: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-02-25 18:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

needz to up drop rate on Hyakinthos and Lamina ^^
[+]
By Nightcrew 2010-02-25 20:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

personally i'd rather see another Rdm update then lolSmn getting more Avatars they wont use properly. 99% of the Smn i've encountered think they're the ***DD and wont lift a finger to help buff/cure.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2010-02-25 20:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Maimed said:
Manaburnable colibri, GO!
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-02-25 20:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:
It'd be awesome if they could like throw something partly useful on Afflatus: Misery. Like hMP 10 with it on would be really nice. For some reason I always thought hMP should be tacked on it.

Esuna turning into Erase-ga being able to remove 2 effects instead of 1 and being able to remove Flash, along with Cura being possibly able to cure as much as Curaga II for 1/4 the cost isn't enough?

Regarding whether WHM needs more love, I don't think they do. Solace and Misery are already pretty awesome. They can remove Flash, something Blindna can't do. They also have their Cureskin and as I just stated, Cura can be very powerful in the right situations.

Erase can remove flash. You never needed Esuna+afflatus misery to do that.
 Phoenix.Sathon
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Sathon 2010-02-25 21:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Drk- If Aspir II is made make it drain hp and convert that to Drk mp at a higher rate than that of Aspir. A dark diffusion that takes the absorb spells and increases amount absorbed and divides it amongst the party. Increased amount absorbed varied by the number of party members. Last resort increase in duration and mods.

Dnc- A- t- A+ Dagger rating. A larger dagger vareity. Drain and Aspir actually drain mob hp/mp. Should make Dnc a more viable option for those who are 'meh' about it I think.

Blm- Let Magic bursts acutally mean something again in an exp party. Better mp management abilities. Give all the mp recharging ws a huge boost to where a mage could melee (Even I laugh reading that)

Pld- An ability early on where they get an acc and attk % boost for damage taken.

Blu- Increased magic points Auto refresh trait is 2 mp per tick so they aren't kneeling as often in pty without refresh.

Pup- A higher skill rating in ANY weapon.

War- A weapoon/shield bash of some sort.

Phoenix.Jile
Server: Phoenix
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2010-02-25 21:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Well here's a pipe dream for an update.

At the end of any Campaign battle anyone that doesn't have reraise on would be given autoreraise so they wouldn't have to lay there and hope someone will take pity and raise them >.<

Another update that imho may be late in coming but how about an all-job equipable piece that gives TreasureHunter. A piece that would effectively give TH5 to THF and TH2 to anyone /thf. They also need to make it when Treasure-Hound is in effect that it doesn't break a THF's drop rates lol.

Oh and if we're really wishing for the moon here, I'd like more powerful jugpets for my BST and I'd like more avatars for my SMN....

..and for all these dreams, they're prolly just going to add a few WOG missions and give us new lvl1 armor options >.>
[+]
By sztoid 2010-02-25 21:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If we got another tier in White Magicor even new spells:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoiV85YFUpA

or even if we got another tier in Black Magic or new spells:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeBn_LwGqm4&feature=related
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-25 22:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Hades.Stefanos said:
Carbuncle.Sterling said:
It'd be awesome if they could like throw something partly useful on Afflatus: Misery. Like hMP 10 with it on would be really nice. For some reason I always thought hMP should be tacked on it.

Esuna turning into Erase-ga being able to remove 2 effects instead of 1 and being able to remove Flash, along with Cura being possibly able to cure as much as Curaga II for 1/4 the cost isn't enough?

Regarding whether WHM needs more love, I don't think they do. Solace and Misery are already pretty awesome. They can remove Flash, something Blindna can't do. They also have their Cureskin and as I just stated, Cura can be very powerful in the right situations.

Erase can remove flash. You never needed Esuna afflatus misery to do that.

Shows you how often I deal with Flash huh? Thanks for that bit of info, I honestly didn't know that.

If WHMs want any kind of Refresh, I propose that they get some kind of mini-Devotion that only targets them, 5 minute JA, and it can only replenish about ~150-200 or so MP, so it isn't as powerful as RDM and SCH. Just a thought.
By dckbiggins 2010-02-25 22:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

give drk a move that removes hate kinda like super jump
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Hades.Blevien
Server: Hades
user: Blev
By Hades.Blevien 2010-02-25 23:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

ps2 limitations etc....

but yeah, i like some of the ideas i've seen here.

a decent NIN 2hr would be nice, i'd settle for jubaku: ni.

ADD utsusemi: san, make it so u have to unlock it with merits and put it on a 3min timer or something so it can be an "oh ***!" spell.

give MNK PUP and DNC some useful abilities that allow them to be included in some endgame events. and no, i don't mean zergs

1 thing i would definitely like to see, the ability to cap all weapon and magic merits. if you can find the time to get that many merits, why shouldn't you be able to?

stop nerfing ***. players like their overpowered jobs just the way they are. why not increase the power of jobs that are lacking? that way, everybody wins.
 Fairy.Geefunk
user: Buster
By Fairy.Geefunk 2010-02-25 23:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Talonn said:
needz to up drop rate on Hyakinthos and Lamina ^^

Stop wasting your time and get a rajas

All i want is uncapping Weapon merits, im fine with 8/8 but being stuck with only two capped skills sucks for multi 75 DDs

Funny thing is.... nothing in this thread is going to happen
 Alexander.Lacas
Server: Alexander
user: Rakasu
By Alexander.Lacas 2010-02-26 00:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind some new jug pets, but i'd rather they just made the cap on all jug pets 75 so that some outside CourierCarrie, LifeDrinkerLars, ShellBusterOrob and FunguarFamiliar are actually useful.
 Remora.Sedda
Server: Remora
user: Sedda
By Remora.Sedda 2010-02-26 00:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
Fenrir.Tiaraa said:
Anything to make people choose WHMs over RDMs as a healer..
WHM is supposed to be the main healing class ;;

I agree. And so tired of SCH always trying to explain to me why they're better healers when I never asked anyone >.>

Also, BST jugs YES PLEASE! How can we make the most out of our killer effects without an amorph jug? cmon!

Funny how sch got mass Raise and whm didn't. That's just..silly. And whm's only mp restore is..to give to someone else? Meh I say! Meh!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-26 00:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Accession doesn't stack with Raise.

Ignore the SCHs who feel the need to flaunt... they're not as right as they think they are.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-02-26 00:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Maimed said:

Love this idea, but I don't see WHM needing much more, first it was "RDM has to much" then "SCH has to much" now "RDM has to much" again. Not directed at you but bulk of WHM posts have been more like WHM wanting to be the onry mage it seems to me.
Sylph.Oddin said:
Undo the "fix" to the *** walls in campaign. Tired of getting 70ish xp for an hours worth of work. Make it so you can redo the damn final fight of ToAU for a new/different ring. Stop updating jobs that don't need them. RNG is no different than it was before the last update and the so called "distance finder" is junk. Fix it or ditch it. Sans the last item, give us a *** ingame distance measurement from our targeted mob/player. Tired of PC users being able to use third party programs and having the advantage over PS/Xbox360 users. Might as well level the playing field. Give all jobs the damn ability to see mobs on the radar. I don't understand why some can and some can not. Fairly stupid to give it to only certain jobs. Fix it so we can actually hit mobs that were chasing. Tired of being hit in the back from 40 feet away while I'm 2 feet from a mob that I'm chasing but I can't hit because it's moving.

I agree on the walls fix, was so lame in the first place, they shouldn't have been lazy and just figured out some sort of afk fix while having tags on, and for the love of god make mob go to the tower and stay near the tower, hunting down mob horders sucks balls. Being able to switch rings sounds good too. Also, the radar thing, I thought that was a NIN job trait onry? All these other jobs are getting it from /NIN not because they have it.
Phoenix.Jovant said:
1. increase in how many merits u can hold onto 2. SE should implicate Job evolution. Job evolution: player spends x amount of merits (100 ) to evolve it to the next Job title (New Job) opening a series of new job abilities and/or spells, inorder to use these spells player has to spend x amount of merits to unlock them. player can also use all existing job abilities/spells inwhich it evolved from. job evolution should only be for starting jobs for now and as game progress then zilet job can get a evolution ectect. the new job abilites/spells should be regulated as well so the job wouldnt be overpowered so u can get some of them not all at the same time and if u want to switch u have to unmerit a spells to obtain another. White mage > Shaman Black mage > Warlock Monk > Master (cant call it black belt due to item) Red Mage > Time Mage (only reasonable name, and they can gain access to time magic demi,reflect,immobilize, ectect) Thief > (cant think of one, pervious ff games thf evolved into nin >.>) Warrior > Gladiator (cant call it bersker due to ja) job evolution system is something i would love to see.

You sir have the hands down best idea for an update I ever heard ^^ Job Evolution FTW! Talk about breathing new life into the game, that alone would have an awesome effect. Possible upcoming thing with Evolith too for it, Synergy gears from synergy recipes lv60-100 being equippable by the evolutioned jobs *pee's himself* It's a start but a freaking great idea, I salute ya o.o\ But, BLM into Warlock can never be due to Warlock AF :P needz new name....SORCEROR or... WIZARD to go with the gear, for the love of god SE GO! Sadly we all know SE 1) won't do it, 2) will screw it up. As well as some people who will oddly be against it. Lazy? Maybe. :(

Also, make freaking relic/mythic weapons easier obtainable beside to the rich. Those scenes are way to monopolized.

Xp parties aren't scarce cause we need server merges, their being replaced by afb's.
 Remora.Sedda
Server: Remora
user: Sedda
By Remora.Sedda 2010-02-26 00:32:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Accession doesn't stack with Raise.

Ignore the SCHs who feel the need to flaunt... they're not as right as they think they are.

Really now. Hrm was told otherwise. You see how much I've worked into the job hm? *Snickers and gives pompom for whm*
By Nightbear 2010-02-26 00:35:03
Link | Quote | Reply

*Ding good idea* how about more merits camps that are decent to go too. Having 2 bird camps and 3~4 mammol camps kinda sucks. when @ peak hours they always full. If you think "level sync" go stab your self.
 Bahamut.Freugrer
Server: Bahamut
user: freugrer
By Bahamut.Freugrer 2010-02-26 00:54:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Pup- A higher skill rating in ANY weapon.

Even though I would love to agree with you, that would make pup overpowered. Our automatons already have A ranking skills depending on frame types. Which makes them our weapons not our fist or daggers.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8