Update On It's Way.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Update on it's way.
Update on it's way.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
By Yuffy 2010-02-24 23:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
All I want is:
*Penta Thrust taken from SAMs

Yup that's all
Do you really think it will change anything?
By Nightbear 2010-02-24 23:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny thing is the game is so easy now you can get to 75 in 40 days.. yet we want more!.. anyone remember 2005? MPK.. taking 12 monts to reach 1 75.. and having 1 merit was a real challenge.
 Fairy.Nekozuko
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Nekozuko
By Fairy.Nekozuko 2010-02-24 23:54:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightbear said:
Funny thing is the game is so easy now you can get to 75 in 40 days.. yet we want more!.. anyone remember 2005? MPK.. taking 12 monts to reach 1 75.. and having 1 merit was a real challenge.
I was a bard it took only 1 month ;)
By Nightbear 2010-02-24 23:55:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol first sam's & drgs' used to cry about not getting invite to merits.. now the other DDs cry about SAM burns.. NIN burns-> WAR Burns->MNK Burns->DRG burns->SAM burns .. let them be.

I hope never to see PUP burns >_> take over.. game over.
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-24 23:56:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightbear said:

That's because xping was the main aspect of the game back then. The game has now evolved where xp isn't so much the main focus but moreso the endgame events and such. Sure we still merit our *** off but even that isn't as grinding as it used to be. Back then the game didn't offer all that much endgame so they had to make xping more of a grind to ensure that people played as much as possible.
By Nightbear 2010-02-25 00:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Well my point is all this "I want more more more" on the easy part. not saying the game should stay like it was back then. Dualweild on non-ninja jobs.. defeats the only reason to level NIN now.. Well if wishing is the thing hell yeah i want a NIN throwing WS, a Ja to save ammo. Give back power to dualweilders would be nice. Having to level SAM just couse any other job will do less than 1k dmg a pop is sad.

But yeah <3 my NIN and is sad i have to prove my self over and over -.- that nin can still do merit burns/tank gods/jailors.. not hating the PLD job just bad batch of new nins.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-25 00:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yuffy said:
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
All I want is:
*Penta Thrust taken from SAMs

Yup that's all
Do you really think it will change anything?
Would take them down from being the best with 3 weapons to the best with 2, at any rate...

EDIT: /NIN doesn't give Utsusemi? There's two reasons to /NIN, not one.
By Nightbear 2010-02-25 00:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pfff who needs Utsusemi when you can dualweild and not have shadows! that is overated ;o
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-25 00:20:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightbear said:
Well my point is all this "I want more more more" on the easy part. not saying the game should stay like it was back then. Dualweild on non-ninja jobs.. defeats the only reason to level NIN now.. Well if wishing is the thing hell yeah i want a NIN throwing WS, a Ja to save ammo. Give back power to dualweilders would be nice. Having to level SAM just couse any other job will do less than 1k dmg a pop is sad. But yeah <3 my NIN and is sad i have to prove my self over and over -.- that nin can still do merit burns/tank gods/jailors.. not hating the PLD job just bad batch of new nins.

Nothing wrong with wanting something. It's wanting something and expecting it to come to fruitation. A lot of jobs actually just use /NIN for the utsusemi more than dual wield so it doesn't really hurt to give another job or 2 the ability to dual wield. I do agree that there should be a bit more power to dual wielded weapons. Atleast bring them up to par with 2handed weapons as much as possible.
 Bahamut.Freugrer
Server: Bahamut
user: freugrer
By Bahamut.Freugrer 2010-02-25 00:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Well since everyone is giving good/bad ideas for ffxi might as well jump on the bandwagon...

(Guess which ones are awful! :D)

WAR:
-Give them a job ability that allows them to change their weapon type (ex. Piercing Edge, Blunt Edge, Slashing Edge)

MNK:
-Create a new weapon type "Tonfa" that increases Evasion and Guarding Skills (equip able to PUP also)

THF:
-Give them "tools" that they can only use in battle.

RDM:
-Give them a Job Ability that allows them to store a "almost fully casted" spell. They use the job ability again and the spell is casted.

BLM:
-While under the affect of the job ability "Manafont", they will get access to "forbiden" spells.

BRD:
-Allow them to have a 3rd song up that is purely defensive such as carols and warding songs.
-Allow them to have access the weapon skills "Vorpal Blade" and "Dancing Edge" natively.
-Give them a job abilty that allows them to instant cast etude's on themselves only. However the effect of the etude won't last very long.

PUP
-"Conserve MP" attachment should change the behavior of automaton spell casting based on how many dark maneuver are up. They cast nukes less frequently (RDM/BLM) and use regen/enfeeble/d.o.t. spells more frequently (WHM/RDM).
-Create a "Adds Enhancing Magic" attachment that allows automaton to have access to enhancing spells. Spells are exclusive to frame types.
-Give automatons a "job ability" that they can use (Valdorege has one).
-Add a BRD automaton that sings songs based on active maneuvers. More maneuvers stronger or mixed effects.

DNC:
-Give them "dagger mastery job trait" that increases dmg done and lowers the amount of tp enemies gain from it.
[+]
By Yuffy 2010-02-25 00:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightbear said:
lol first sam's & drgs' used to cry about not getting invite to merits.. now the other DDs cry about SAM burns.. NIN burns-> WAR Burns->MNK Burns->DRG burns->SAM burns .. let them be.
Exactly.

I dont know for the majority of the people crying rivers on these forums about SAM, but personally, when i leveled it it was to a point where "lolsam" was pretty much official and you could wait weeks before getting an invite to bibiki bay past lv 60, no matter what your gear or whatever could make you better than X or Y person/job was.

I'm not going to say its justice to nowadays be the overpowered job in game, i just dont believe it, but i never whined when any of the other jobs was good and i wasnt playing any of them, so there is no reason to feel guilty about current SAM situation.
 Bahamut.Weasel
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-02-25 01:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Freugrer said:
BLM:
-While under the affect of the job ability "Manafont", they will get access to "forbiden" spells.

I like this. Ideas for those kind of spells could be like tier V nukes or tier IV ga nukes. Or Light/Dark nukes.
Bahamut.Freugrer said:
DNC:
-Give them "dagger mastery job trait" that increases dmg done and lowers the amount of tp enemies gain from it.

DNC already has Subtle Blow up the wazoo, but the increased dmg (or just a sheer increase in Attack) would be great. I'd rather see them have JAs that dancers can keep up at all times. Like dmg mode (increased dagger skill or increased attack) and a support mode (increased waltz/samba potency).
 Bahamut.Freugrer
user: freugrer
By Bahamut.Freugrer 2010-02-25 01:02:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well mostly people tend to cry more about overpowered SAM's is that they can go all out with dmg and the "high possibility" of avoiding dmg with all the tools at their disposal. Which made them more popular "bandwagon" job at this moment. Every healer loves the SAM since they don't need to be heal as frequently.

When DRK's go all out, they die most of the time unless they have shadows and good luck taking hate back. Which leads to healer going /sigh of actualy you know healing their party member. Also they lack a "piercing" weapon against everyone favorite xp mob.

When DRG's go all out, they MIGHT survive depending on job abilities. Other than that shadows are a must. Then of course you got a sidekick that adds tp to the mob and dies to here and there.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-02-25 01:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it amazing that anyone thinks RDM needs another update.

I've been wanting to see an update for BLM for a long time. Nothing particular in mind, but something that makes it so that my 75BLM isn't a complete waste of everything, being outdone by my SCH in almost every conceivable way.

Also, not that this will ever happen, but...Massacre Elegy for BRD? Anyone?
By semimmortal 2010-02-25 01:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:
Also, not that this will ever happen, but...Massacre Elegy for BRD? Anyone?
Oh yeah! Maybe they'd finally let us use those hidden spells (Utsusemi: San, and the rest of the BLU spells etc).
Would be too nice if they did :)
 Seraph.Drakelth
Server: Seraph
user: drakelth
By Seraph.Drakelth 2010-02-25 02:09:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dual wield JA from setting spells on blu, and increased salvage drop rates(serously 2.7%)
 Pandemonium.Yov
Server: Pandemonium
user: poff
By Pandemonium.Yov 2010-02-25 02:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Nezea said:

I've been wanting to see an update for BLM for a long time. Nothing particular in mind, but something that makes it so that my 75BLM isn't a complete waste of everything, being outdone by my SCH in almost every conceivable way.

Then you are doing it wrong.

By Nightbear 2010-02-25 02:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Freugrer said:
Well since everyone is giving WAR: -Give them a job ability that allows them to change their weapon type (ex. Piercing Edge, Blunt Edge, Slashing Edge)

>_> They have is called go and level your other skills.. Warrior can use every weapon in the game but Katana and GK..
By Nightbear 2010-02-25 02:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Yov said:
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:

Fact~ only new BLMs get outnuked by SCHs, I'm yet to see a SCH outnuke a good merited/geared carrer BLM.
 Gilgamesh.Nezea
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Nezea
By Gilgamesh.Nezea 2010-02-25 02:17:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightbear said:
Pandemonium.Yov said:
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:

Fact~ only new BLMs get outnuked by SCHs, I'm yet to see a SCH outnuke a good merited/geared carrer BLM.

False. BLM was my first job and has near perfect gear (only missing Morrigan's but has a Genie Weskit) and my SCH consistently nukes as hard or harder than my own BLM and any other BLM I've ever met, with much higher MP efficiency...not to mention everything else it can do on top of that.
Pandemonium.Yov said:
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:

Okay, go level SCH and see it for yourself, then tell me I'm doing it wrong. I don't care to turn this into another epeen debate.
By Nightbear 2010-02-25 02:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hear him Roar!
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-02-25 02:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

It'd be awesome if they could like throw something partly useful on Afflatus: Misery. Like hMP+10 with it on would be really nice. For some reason I always thought hMP should be tacked on it.
[+]
 Bahamut.Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-02-25 02:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nightbear said:
Pandemonium.Yov said:
Gilgamesh.Nezea said:

Having good gear in your inventory is one thing. Using the right gear for what you're nuking is another. So depending on the activity, a BLM that isn't thinking can easily be out-nuked by even a RDM. That's the only real reason I can think of since I've out-nuked BLMs many times on SCH, even ones that I know possess pretty good gear. Maybe I just got lucky and they happened to resist, and my Macc was better than theirs (which it usually is).
 Sylph.Dubberrucky
By Sylph.Dubberrucky 2010-02-25 02:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

just a wish to get my poor blm back into parties I wish they would just give it a job ability to convert our magical damage to physical damage and make last at least until its recast is up but do it where it would cut damage down vs the normal non-resisted magical damage when converted to not make it over powered.
then again this wouldn't even be an issue if people would get out of the freaking bird camps /sigh
 Carbuncle.Rinomaru
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Rinomaru 2010-02-25 03:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM-More JA's that might help get more EXP pt love.
BLM-Oldschool magic, Demi(only can cast non-NM), Ultima(ya.... awesome) Meteor(use on KB for lols)
SMN-More Avitars, get some of X's stuff besides lame Dark Ixion being an NM. Get some Bahamut Zero from VII
NIN-more JA's, maybe something with throwing, and Needs Jubaku:Ni. Nin's dont need guns, get some quick *** blowdarts
PLD-Holy II, for funzies(lol), Enlight

Stuff I'd want to change/add

More NM's, less "Set" stuff.
Opposite weapons, like GK with pericing, or a GA with blunt.

What everyone wants:
Once 14 comes out 11 should be FREE or LESS monthly, if needed merge servers to save money. If ur gunna be emo bout server merge, see you in 14. Cuz it's about Profit for SE...
 Bahamut.Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-02-25 03:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Rinomaru said:
Once 14 comes out 11 should be FREE . . . Cuz it's about Profit for SE.

That doesn't quite add up.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-25 03:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

give thf a+ dagger and dual wield trait up to lv 1-3.

adjust and fix accomplice and collaborator and give a new ability.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-25 03:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
It'd be awesome if they could like throw something partly useful on Afflatus: Misery. Like hMP 10 with it on would be really nice. For some reason I always thought hMP should be tacked on it.

Esuna turning into Erase-ga being able to remove 2 effects instead of 1 and being able to remove Flash, along with Cura being possibly able to cure as much as Curaga II for 1/4 the cost isn't enough?

Regarding whether WHM needs more love, I don't think they do. Solace and Misery are already pretty awesome. They can remove Flash, something Blindna can't do. They also have their Cureskin and as I just stated, Cura can be very powerful in the right situations.

As for what I'd like to see, BSTs need a little more love. Ready was a step in the right direction, but having more jug choices would be nicer, and maybe give us something new to bring to endgame. The rest of the things I'd like to see have already been stated, like changing ToAU rings, being able to set more merit points on skills, etc.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-02-25 03:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Would it be asking too much to bring back Meteor Storm or something to that close liek what Carby does as a AOE spell...

Maybe thats too powerful. I overheard they tok it away from Blm at one time.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8