Update On It's Way.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Update on it's way.
Update on it's way.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-26 13:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not likely.
Pld just got some major additions, It's likely to be jobs that haven't been changed recently.
 Alexander.Haptic
Server: Alexander
user: Haptic
By Alexander.Haptic 2010-02-26 13:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Make it so blm can cast and walk at the same time...
LOL

Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-02-26 14:03:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Tiaraa said:
if no server merges lower level campaign battles please?
This is one of the better ideas I've read so far..lower lvl campaign would be awesome.
Shiva.Lordtip said:
Mabee in the update, they can make it so TH4 actually works =P
IT WOULD BREAK THE GAME!
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-26 15:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Something they should look into in my opinion. I have a LOT of gear for my 5 75s (BLM MNK RNG BST and DRK). I like to gear myself well on all my jobs so I have very little room. I'm not one of those people who likes to decorate my Mog House with furniture but they're out there. They basically have to decide between good gear for their jobs or the furniture. Now this isn't a problem if everything you own is able to go in the delivery box but I own a LOT of rare/ex items. They should separate the space for furniture and space for items.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zephyran
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zephyran
By Ragnarok.Zephyran 2010-02-26 15:59:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like for them to revise their Inventory in general.

Add separate Inventory/Bags per category (example: Weapons, Armor, Ammo, Consumables, Ninjutsu Tools/Cards, Crystals, Materials, Misc., etc). Each bag being as big as your original Goobiebag.

It wouldn't be hard to add too, it would just look like this on the Main Menu: Items » Category List » Categories Inventory/Bag.

The same would be done for Mog House, Mog Locker, and Mog Satchel (Storage would work as it does currently).
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-02-26 16:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Tibirian said:
Well another update and another week to get excited that maybe your job will get that update you waited so long for. So what jobs do you think need an update, what would it be, have fun making up your new powers but stay within reason =)
I still want a extension of the duration for Azure Lore. Its effects are decent and I don't mind it as a two-hour, but the 30-second duration makes it virtually useless. And why not? Don't both Manafont and Chainspell have 60-second durations?
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-26 16:04:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope never mind. I'm wrong. Both are 60 seconds.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-26 16:07:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that Azure Lore needs a buff - it's a very understated 2hr right now.
 Odin.Dryzt
Server: Odin
user: Dryzt
By Odin.Dryzt 2010-02-26 16:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

oh since someone has mentioned Campaign battles, here's another thing I want to see: Campaign battles on ships. that Galka NPC (Invincible Shield if I'm not mistaken) says something about fighting out in the sea during campaign and iirc, Sahagins were in the Crystal War too.
[+]
 Phoenix.Toshii
Server: Phoenix
user: Toshii
By Phoenix.Toshii 2010-02-26 16:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep seeing people asking for a JA ability for throwing on NIN. There already is one. It's called Sange.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-26 16:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of Campaign Battle, balance it out so we don't get those 30 second battles where 4 Allied units show up and instantly rape the Beastmen forces.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-26 16:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Dryzt said:
oh since someone has mentioned Campaign battles, here's another thing I want to see: Campaign battles on ships. that Galka NPC (Invincible Shield if I'm not mistaken) says something about fighting out in the sea during campaign and iirc, Sahagins were in the Crystal War too.
Campaign in weird places would be cool, lower lvl campaign would be cool as well. More space would be cool, maybe the ability to mule rare/ex gear?

Fix fort fights, or eliminate them at the rate of exp we get now. Let us get AN for partying in past areas? More city battles :( Or at least city settings.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2010-02-26 16:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Or how about BST jugs and pet biscuits you can buy with Allied Notes so I don't have to spend 10k or 30 mins searching for a pet every time I use BST in campaign? :O
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-26 16:18:11
Link | Quote | Reply

lower level campaign, skillups in campaign, AN from xping in the past, smarter campaign AI.. not sending 4 groups to 1 area and raping the mobs from players.. also I havent seen any nation with all the zones in a very long time, it seems impossible to do it anymore so chuch,witch etc are all extremely expensive

and wtf with not giving any skillups in campaign, god forbid more people do them
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-26 16:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna see *** Tavnazia damnit! Release it and then make it so we can campaign there!
[+]
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-02-26 16:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Yeah. Y'know, it's a decent two-hour if you use it properly, but its painfully-short duration just kills it. As soon as you start casting your spells, it's all over.
 Fairy.Maimed
Server: Fairy
user: Maimed
By Fairy.Maimed 2010-02-26 16:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

New BLM ability = AGONY

AGONY Works just like Souleater except it's strictly for Magic Based Damage.

Could see some sexy new numbers to beat when nuking with your buddies.

---

New WHM ability = [Can't think of a decent name without sounding too cheasy)

Consumes a cure spell (full recast timer and MP used) and stacks onto any Regen spell. The amount healed by Regen will include the total amount by the Cure consumed over the entire duration of that Regen.

(This could help WHMs land powerful Heal over Time and rest up without too much concern for breaking rest to recover MP. Plus it helps make Regen useful again)

---

New NIN ability = Discharge (name'll have to change, forgot Chariots have a move named Discharge as well)

Consumes a random Ninjutsu spell, along with the corresponding tool, and does ranged damage equivalent to the shiruken equipped (note, a Shiruken MUST be equipped otherwise this would be broken if you used sky Winds). If you lack the corresponding Ninjutsu tool it will expend your currently equipped Shiruken.

Recast timer could be equivalent to provoke. This could make doing ranged damage a viable option for NINJAs.

(Could be a nice way to kickstart crafting for random ninjutsu tools again, therefore helping out the economy some AND it finally gives NIN a realistic use for throwing)

---

New BLU ability = Primal Rage

10% increased in melee Haste for a 30 second duration. The BLU is unable to cast BLU magic during this period due to their frenzied status.

This should help BLU stay competitive as an all-around damage dealer and not be used as a cannonball *** in groups. Even so, it helps BLUs build TP at a solid rate to help make Chain Affinity more effective.

---

New DRK trait = Bloodthirst

Every critical strike caused by the DRK grants a small Haste buff for 5-10 seconds. (Idk my #s well enough to find a %'age Haste or duration that would be significant yet avoiding making DRK broken).

---
 Phoenix.Airbag
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-02-26 16:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

>Primal Rage
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-02-26 16:48:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
I wanna see *** Tavnazia damnit! Release it and then make it so we can campaign there!

^^^^ this

I still haven't done the Promies on any of my characters as nobody ever wants to do them on Gilgamesh, even though Miala is lvl 70 MNK she has never been to Tavnazia >.<
 Fairy.Nekozuko
Server: Fairy
user: Nekozuko
By Fairy.Nekozuko 2010-02-26 16:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Or how about See the Mithra Homeland >.>
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-02-26 16:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Primal Rage would have to be JA Haste to even resemble something worthwhile, you can easily exceed 15% gear Haste on BLU. Even then, it's not going to fully compensate for the loss of casting DoT. Bloodthirst is broken.
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-26 19:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sterling said:
Or how about BST jugs and pet biscuits you can buy with Allied Notes so I don't have to spend 10k or 30 mins searching for a pet every time I use BST in campaign? :O

Shepherd's Drink says hi. If anything, take off the rare tag so we can carry a few of them to save on buying pet food out the ***. I do agree with the jugs suggestion, being able to buy jugs with AN would kick major ***.
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

QFT.
Phoenix.Airbag said:
>Primal Rage

Old school nostalgia!
 Seraph.Gilhaven
Server: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-02-26 20:27:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Make it so that I don't have to drag my *** all the way back to my MogHouse nation to get into Storage?
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-26 20:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Gilhaven said:
Make it so that I don't have to drag my *** all the way back to my MogHouse nation to get into Storage?

I do find that a bit odd. I get it that the items are in the furniture and all but if your ***is getting moved around to all your other MHs, why cant the damn moogle go through your furniture and get the rest of it?! Moogles must not be able to open drawers and cabinet doors. Stubby hands.
 Asura.Masekase
Server: Asura
user: masekase
By Asura.Masekase 2010-02-26 20:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Drk = Auto refresh,lower recast on Dread Spikes or alternative Def spell or Ability.Increase duration of Last Resort and decrease speed Absorb Spells tick down when absorbed.
En-Dark spell.Bring ws upto par with other jobs.

Blm = Auto refresh,Conserve Mp II,Conserve Mp III,new spells.Instead of bursting sc make it so dd can sc off of the spell and adding the damage to the total of the sc.

Bring in the idea you suggested last year about job gobbiebags that you was working on apperently.

Avitars I'm guessing next 2 updates again lol

Move jobs like brd rdm away from staves maybe make alternatives like elemental swords daggers etc.

Give all mages/magic users tp from casting spells and/or a form of
ws that gives mp back.

By Antonaki 2010-02-26 20:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How about...

SAM can have 33 acc and pwn anything.. even Dark Ixion

RNG 100+ in acc gear and STILL needs acc food to hit Dark Ixion...

Put RNG back to how it use to be!!!!!!!
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-26 21:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SAM is the new RNG basically. They might as well revert RNG back to its old ways. At least people would have an option of which overpowered job to choose from.
 Unicorn.Blackstormy
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Blackstormy 2010-02-26 21:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Two words.....

MORE COWBELL!!!
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-02-26 21:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Christopher Walkens needs more cowbell as well. You better *** listen to Christopher Walkens if you value life.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8