Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Vanadoubt 2 hope you like fishing
Vanadoubt 2 hope you like fishing
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 15 16 17
By drakefs 2024-05-20 12:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Decided to try something a little more braindead for Emptiness this time around, WHM MNK MNK in Spire of Holla.

I was going to do HFx2, but one of them was on cooldown. Went in with just a single HF and it was dead by the time HF wore off, with only one Combo from each of them. This also while I "Couldn't see" the mob for like 15 seconds. WHM also didn't cast a single cure the whole time and I left the fight with most of my HP remaining on both MNKs.

Not saying it's soloable by a single MNK without any support...but it might be. Bring some meds and HF and you'll prolly be fine. Multiple MNKs and you're cake. I didn't wear a single piece of level-appropriate gear.

I attempted the Gorger, I didn't win but spamming Bludgeon on BLU did a ton of damage. Couldn't keep up with heals as a BLU and WHM duo, with its drain extending the fight.
By drakefs 2024-05-20 12:20:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ymora said: »
Reading these threads is giving yourself 1000000 mental damage irl because Eiryl & co. had to spend days tying up an event thread to complain about the game for the 1000th time (:

The irony is palpable...
[+]
 Bismarck.Yvan
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: yvan
By Bismarck.Yvan 2024-05-20 12:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Decided to try something a little more braindead for Emptiness this time around, WHM MNK MNK in Spire of Holla.

I was going to do HFx2, but one of them was on cooldown. Went in with just a single HF and it was dead by the time HF wore off, with only one Combo from each of them. This also while I "Couldn't see" the mob for like 15 seconds. WHM also didn't cast a single cure the whole time and I left the fight with most of my HP remaining on both MNKs.

Not saying it's soloable by a single MNK without any support...but it might be. Bring some meds and HF and you'll prolly be fine. Multiple MNKs and you're cake. I didn't wear a single piece of level-appropriate gear.

My braindead method is bring pups and throw out some maneuvers. Goes really quickly if you have someone overdrive as well.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-20 12:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yvan said: »

My braindead method is bring pups and throw out some maneuvers. Goes really quickly if you have someone overdrive as well.

Yeah I've definitely heard of this method, but the characters I normally play are:
PUP not unlocked
PUP not unlocked
PUP level 1

And I don't plan to change that any time soon.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-20 13:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Imagine not unlocking the second best job in the game.
Couldnt be me.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-20 13:19:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Imagine not unlocking the second best job in the game.
Couldnt be me.

They really need to add a dislike button to this site
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-20 13:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Truth = Dislike
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-20 13:35:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Samuraiking found out you didnt have pup unlocked so he commit seppuku.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-20 13:38:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Samuraiking found out you didnt have pup unlocked so he commit seppuku.

He deserved it for being a filthy PUP player. There, I said it.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-20 15:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Yvan said: »

Yeah I've definitely heard of this method, but the characters I normally play are:
PUP not unlocked
PUP not unlocked
PUP level 1

And I don't plan to change that any time soon.

... I mean, I can respect not wanting to level pup, but "not unlocked" isn't an excuse. I was clearing fights with a pup that unlocked the job somewhere around May 12th. (Automaton skillups suuuuuck, I'm not sure anything besides the skillup campaign actually affects them and apparently one of the HTMB animators makes the puppet scared to run in and punch anything and that's the only one I can get to drop why did I let this make me try to master puppets.)
By fillerbunny9 2024-05-20 15:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Percolator increases rate of skillups, but it still sucks. a lot.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-20 16:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-20 23:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Regarding the issue in which the Eminence Records “Vana Bout” goal may not be received in “2nd Vana Bout”

Hello.

In the 2nd Vana Bout, there was an issue where the Eminence Record "Vana Bout" could not be received properly under certain conditions, and it was fixed during today's emergency maintenance. In consideration of the fact that some players were unable to participate in Vana Bout from the first day due to this issue, we will be providing compensation for plaudits.

<Compensation details>
500 Plaudits

<Target>
Players who meet the conditions for participating in Vana Bout

<How to receive> We apologize for the inconvenience caused
by automatic receipt when logging in .

Please continue to enjoy Vana Bout.

five hunnit free pointies for errrbody (still means you will be unable to win top ten, womp womp)
By jubes 2024-05-20 23:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

damn 135% with over a week to go too. guess i have no excuse not to get at least tier 2 now
By Tokimemofan 2024-05-20 23:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Weird, just logged in post maintenance and now I have 1360 plaudits. Did they simply force a reset of some sort as compensation for the missing objectives? I was at about 830 before

Edit: just saw the post 2 above mine. Lol I’m done as far as vanabout I think now
By Tathamet 2024-05-20 23:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You probably missed the message when you logged in that said you gained 500 plaudits.
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-20 23:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So that means every active character can purchase empyrean weapon materials.
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2024-05-20 23:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Tathamet said: »
You probably missed the message when you logged in that said you gained 500 plaudits.
Yep I saw that looking back on the chat log.
 Bismarck.Johnb
Server: Bismarck
user: Johnb
By Bismarck.Johnb 2024-05-20 23:38:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if there is a real-life day or conquest tally wait to use the Cordial Invite / Hero's Combat? I tried to re-enter from failed one but it said I couldn't use any of the unused items I had.

A lot of people talk about PUP here but I was doing fine on job master BST with 1200-1600~ tail blows on Pulling the Plug ENM. My gear isn't even that good too.

Can you get all rewards from Gold tier or does your total plaudits go down after you get an item like Login points?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-20 23:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Pup is lower energy and brainless, it's kind of the go to. even when a bst is much faster. pup is (almost) idiotproof.

Points do not go down. You don't expend them. You get a pick from each level you hit.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-20 23:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Philemon said: »
Just incase anyone gets the idea that they will nab this ***on their mules and cheese their way through 96 of the more annoying trophies, I logged onto a lv1 mule and didnt get plaudits. So you must either have done some VanaBout, or atleast met the requirements to participate.

lv99 mules who are used for extra ambu loot will probably get the plaudits.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 00:07:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ecks *** Dee

That's only counting people who managed to log in before 1 am and get the points, the next update might be even *** funnier.
[+]
 Valefor.Philemon
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-21 00:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just incase anyone gets the idea that they will nab this ***on their mules and cheese their way through 96 of the more annoying trophies, I logged onto a lv1 mule and didnt get plaudits. So you must either have done some VanaBout, or atleast met the requirements to participate.

Yeah I realized that later. All my mules are level 99 for DM augments and Trove.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 06:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

We're finally going to beat the first round of vanadoubt!
By Pantafernando 2024-05-21 06:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats, slobs
[+]
By Tokimemofan 2024-05-21 06:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
We're finally going to beat the first round of vanadoubt!
Doing some math here, if progress has more than doubled since the update and they gave everyone logging in that had met the requirements 500 plaudits we can infer that the average qualifying player has done less than 500 points. Probably far less as there are no doubt a lot of 500 point bonuses that haven’t been counted yet and since free login just ended many otherwise qualifying players will never receive. This says a lot about participation and none of it is good. Tying so many high value objectives to 3 player onry obscure content and to login point battle fields in a month where trusts are competing for attention is beyond stupid. Bonus points for a bad objective tying up the slot for 2 days in the event that you can’t find someone willing to do a level 30 cap promyvion fight that people despised even when it was current content. I don’t envy the position of someone at SE having to chose which content to tie objectives to but these are some pretty dumb choices, none of which have the meme worthy flair of Vana’versary RoEs of years past. It’s light years better than Vana’bout round 1 but that’s because the first time was even worse.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2024-05-21 07:25:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Logged into my mule who has done no Vana'Bout and received the 500 plaudits. It does have Vana'Bout unlocked, though, so I assume those mules who are not receiving the compensatory reward did not qualify for them because of this.
By Shichishito 2024-05-21 07:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I can see people wanting the extra deeds if they still don't have monbro yet but glancing over the rewards I fail to see why anyone else would want to participate, what do I miss?

If you're getting exited about the haste trust please keep in mind we used to get her for free for 6 months in a row, this time she only lasts 2 months(?) and they expect you to work for it?

Usually it's considered a cardinal sin to charge for something that used to be free.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 07:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

All told if you get gold rank you get like 30m(+) so that motivates some. and/or 2-4 chances at Crep cloaks and whatnot.

Some want the title. Some are just content slaves. Some want the Deeds cause they fell behind. Cornyface for 6 months!! is a pretty good motivator too, even if it's trashy to make you earn what used to be free.

It does a "not bad" job of motivating multiple groups of people.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-21 08:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

With the full extended rewards it's worth:

6 more days of some campaigns (including at least ody)
6 months of Cornelia
100 deeds for long-time players = abdhaljs sealx3, mars/venus orbs, maat's concoction/mixes, pulse weapon, Pandemonium key, etc.
Mulcibar's Scoria
5 Super reraisers, a cosmetic, 2 (6?) abyssea items of your choice

It's not a bad reward for like...an hour's worth of work 5 times, or whatever it takes.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 15 16 17