Vanadoubt 2 hope you like fishing
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-14 13:55:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares when it was fixed? It was fixed in a relatively timely manner.

Japanese company builds things in japanese then translates to other languages, can you believe it?!? Only people who say “speak American” when they hear a foreign language in the USA would make a big deal out of this.

SE dropping news on the RSS feed early when the accompanying link isnt made yet is a bigger thing to complain about, and its still very minor. Its actually funny when that happens.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-14 13:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Only people who say “speak American” when they hear a foreign language in the USA would make a big deal out of this.
Yeah! What's that all aboot?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-14 14:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hola amigo. Je ne sais pas.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-05-14 14:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Vous n'avez pas vos velos? Je peux aller à la salle de bain?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-14 14:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

No hablas espanol senor
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-05-14 15:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
What...?

They just announced:
Besieged level 99
RoE for Sortie
Gamepad mapping for targeting nearest enemy
Dynamis timer adjustments for flexibility
Race change
Vanabout will auto-set and not count towards the 30 RoE cap

To be fair, all of this stuff required almost no development effort and has truly minimal impact. It was a little surprising to see in maintenance mode, but for all the things you listed:

Besieged bumping up mob stats is literally only to make the event take a little longer because Japanese players complained they couldn't get their RoE for their one measly silver voucher. Great, now it's MORE of a time-sink (x2) each month to get your 1/6 of a chance to get Ka-Thwacked, or get a Loud Thud and a Voidtorso: BST.

RoE for Sortie looks incredibly lame and they shouldn't have even bothered. A one-time NQ Old Case? Really?

Gamepad mapping is nothing more than assigning F8 to a controller button. (that being said, being able to configure controllers without having to shut down FFXI/POL and use a different configuration app is helpful)

Dyna timer is cool I guess. But only done because nobody bothers doing Dyna these days (my group won't go any more outside of Statue Crusher campaign).

Race change is mildly interesting, but not going to affect me because I chose right the first time.

Vanabout... we shall see.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-14 16:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
required almost no development effort

[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-05-14 23:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, it is actually really quite a major development task to allow players to bind F8 to a controller. And they probably needed TWO interns to add a new Sortie RoE to the game. Maybe THREE interns to copy/paste some new mob stats to Besieged mobs.

I'm happy to see a smattering of minor new stuff too, but come on...
 Odin.Senaki
Server: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2024-05-15 03:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny enough, tying these rewards to fishing might be a blessing given fishing bots are still a thing lmao.

The bots will do the work for us real ppl.
[+]
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-05-15 06:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if they are going to fix the bug where people were unable to even collect their reward for participating.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-15 07:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It wasn't a bug. User error. Reward was only collectable after certain date/time.

Not that anyone reads anything.
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2024-05-15 09:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
I'm sorry, it is actually really quite a major development task to allow players to bind F8 to a controller. And they probably needed TWO interns to add a new Sortie RoE to the game. Maybe THREE interns to copy/paste some new mob stats to Besieged mobs.

I'm happy to see a smattering of minor new stuff too, but come on...

They couldn't make Fencer+4 work on Empy+3 legs, so they had to make it Fencer+3 and 100 TP Bonus. Don't underestimate spaghetti code.
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-05-15 09:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
It wasn't a bug. User error. Reward was only collectable after certain date/time.

what was the date/time then? because the personal rewards was collectable at any point until the moogle disappeared, but the server reward was supposed to be collectable after the event was over and before the moogle went away. it was roughly 2 weeks if I recall correctly, and every day I checked and no reward could be obtained.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-15 09:40:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »

what was the date/time then? because the personal rewards was collectable at any point until the moogle disappeared, but the server reward was supposed to be collectable after the event was over and before the moogle went away. it was roughly 2 weeks if I recall correctly, and every day I checked and no reward could be obtained.

What server reward are you referring to? There were 3 rewards, Bronze, Silver, and Gold. I got rewards from all 3 tiers after the redemption period opened. The only "server reward" was extended campaigns, which aren't handed out by a moogle.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-15 09:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There was an additional ending bonus of 10k mexp or something.

The end reward wasn't available until.... The end. Even though it appeared as though it was available as soon as it was earned.

It'll be exactly the same this time.
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-05-15 13:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, that one, that I didn't try to even get until after the campaign ended, knowing that it was a post campaign reward. Then in the 2 weeks that followed, I still couldn't receive it even though I ended with personal of 1460 points. an error message kept popping up when I tried to collect it, and I tried daily till the moogle was gone. how exactly is that "user error"?
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2024-05-15 13:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What server reward are you referring to? There were 3 rewards, Bronze, Silver, and Gold. I got rewards from all 3 tiers after the redemption period opened. The only "server reward" was extended campaigns, which aren't handed out by a moogle.

When I said "server reward" I was referring to the fact that everyone on the server who participated got the reward once the campaign was complete.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-15 13:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

When I said "server reward" I was referring to the fact that everyone on the server who participated got the reward once the campaign was complete.

Ah I see. I think I remember some glitch in the menu where after you had already claimed the CP for your plaudits (1k per plaudit or w/e it was) it still looked like it was claimable, but you couldn't claim it a second time. This was a little while ago though so I could be mis-remembering the details.
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-05-15 13:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

This was a little while ago though so I could be mis-remembering the details.

No, you are correct, this was a bug. It would tell you that you claimed the reward and you could do it repeatedly, but it never actually gave it to you. This happened before you could actually legit claim it at the end, as well, it just kept presenting the option to obtain it and telling you it was granted, but it never was.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-15 14:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Because it wasn't actually available to be taken yet

I guess that counts as a display bug in fairness. It shouldn't have existed until it was able to be obtained.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-15 23:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's go Stans. Move them *** and get me 6 months of Cornyface.

Failure will not be tolerated. I don't care how bad the rewards are.
[+]
By warmech 2024-05-15 23:59:28
Link | Quote | Reply

you tell em, saxxon of the forums
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-05-16 01:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao Warmech
By Beau 2024-05-16 03:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Objectives are live, check your ROE menu
By jubes 2024-05-16 03:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

to be honest i'd rather sit in ambu all day than cook sausages or whatever. pass

similar to the vana'versary ROE from 15th and 17th years, didn't do those either.
By Beau 2024-05-16 03:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

One objective's title: Deal 500+ Water Damage (VBD)
Description: Deal over 500 lightning damage to foes in any Ambuscade....
[+]
 Bismarck.Indigla
Server: Bismarck
user: Indigla
By Bismarck.Indigla 2024-05-16 03:45:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
One objective's title: Deal 500+ Water Damage (VBD)
Description: Deal over 500 lightning damage to foes in any Ambuscade....
It's lightning damage. Also wish they didn't make Incursion a daily objective.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-05-16 03:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
“speak American”

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Odin.Boogs
Server: Odin
user: Boogs
By Odin.Boogs 2024-05-16 04:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone tell me what the "Lost Chocobos" one is about?
By Eboneezer 2024-05-16 05:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you even access the ROE objectives? When I go to Quests, I see Vana'Bout but it's greyed out. When I go to Objective List, I don't see anything about Vana'Bout or Special Events. Do you have to talk to an NPC to gain access to it or anything? Wiki doesn't mention anything.

I just checked all of my mules, including a few that are level 20ish and have done nothing but crafting...they can all access the Vana'bout menu. My main character cannot.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 15 16 17