First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-21 11:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
i've been hearing of people getting the points even while previously having 0 plaudits as well so I guess we can't really track anything meaningful with this anyway

You just need to have fulfilled the ambuscade tutorial RoE according to earlier posts in this thread, so it's really just a measure of characters online at best. Probably a few bazaar mules that don't have that done, can't imagine any meaningful percentage of real players don't. Even legitimately new sub-99s that don't do ambuscade probably clicked off the tutorial objectives and talked to the NPC for the most part.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-21 11:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah. if it were just people who had done at least 1 RoE before the maintenance we may have at least been able to estimate the number of characters that people actually do content with and cut out AH mules and ***but alas
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2024-05-21 11:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
If you're getting exited about the haste trust please keep in mind we used to get her for free for 6 months in a row, this time she only lasts 2 months(?) and they expect you to work for it?

She just needs to be permanent at this point. Amazing trust for small group or solo play on low intensity content.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 12:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Another excess 8+ million (37,000 total character logins, give or take)

24,501,130 / 4,000,000

18.5 million free pointies and right around officially 6 million earned
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2024-05-21 12:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

The running total is a bit of a joke now but I have been enjoying doing the daily random ***. I see myself continuing to do the daily objectives for the remainder of the event, even with the gold tier reward in hand already. I'll take Cornelia for half a year and some other bonuses. I think this was a good event and it energized a good portion of the playerbase.

Maybe don't have this all the time but for two weeks, every 3-4 months? Sure sign me up. The next Vana'bout will need some new and varied objectives and rewards to top this one.
[+]
By LightningHelix 2024-05-21 12:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Shichishito said: »
If you're getting exited about the haste trust please keep in mind we used to get her for free for 6 months in a row, this time she only lasts 2 months(?) and they expect you to work for it?

She just needs to be permanent at this point. Amazing trust for small group or solo play on low intensity content.
If they weren't married to never removing anything we could likely keep her, but as is doesn't she share the Matsui-P rotating trust ID slot? Thought they were "out of room" for those, more or less.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-21 12:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

They've done a lot of things that were previously not possible due to PS2 limitations.

Shiva.Thorny said: »
I can do 75 apa horns in under 2 hours
Cap or crazy lucky.

Suggesting getting ~50 Sisy Fragments in 2 hours is a bold statement, no matter how many cleave bots you're running.
By Taint 2024-05-21 13:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You buy them. I’ve def done 75 in an evening using the AH for Sis Frag.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-21 13:57:43
Link | Quote | Reply

No one mentioned using the AH though.
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Pulling in 6 Buds per hour with this cheese might actually be a better rate than someone 12-box cleaving for pops.

Theres also only 1 on the AH on your server, presuming you're still on Cerberus. Even Asura doesnt have enough AH stock to burn through 50 kills in one sitting.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-21 14:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Suggesting getting ~50 Sisy Fragments in 2 hours is a bold statement, no matter how many cleave bots you're running.
Taint said: »

I don't buy them. Last time I did it, I went out with 12 chars:

THF(farming olyphants)
THF(popping upas-kamuy in between sisyphus timers)
THF(popping koghatu)
THF(popping ironclad)
THF(cleaving acroliths)
THF(cleaving detectors)
THF(cleaving gears)
THF(cleaving snolls)
NIN + GEO (pop+proc dhorme, pop apademak, return to dhorme ???)
THF(killing apademak.. nin and geo return once it's up)
THF(farming VNM)

Manually capped azure with my GEO for one cleaver, partied up the rest and took amber to 80. Once started it was fully automated, every char opens their own chests and adds to pool as needed. Had all of my plates, all of my horns, and a decent start on souls in ~1:50.

If it was a time trial or something, there's still room for improvement[the bots popping+killing single NMs should've been killing trash in between, could easily have more cleavers if specifically targeting only horns]. But, even as is, I lost a few frags to timer. It takes up to 2 min to proc and kill a dhorme, and I had nothing set up to store/trade them.. they just sat in pool for NIN to lot and could only bank one extra at a time.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-21 14:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh man, all this talk about Apademak horns is reminding me I should use this Abyssea campaign to work on those. Almace/Mandau '24!
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-21 14:10:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Either I'm mentally challenged or not up to date on exploits
how does THF cleave without raising amber?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-21 14:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

If you one shot unclaimed mobs, they don't give any light at all. Gandring path C for tp, magic aggro for pull[this is helpful anyway for speed].
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-21 14:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough, last time I cleaved on THF I was lv90.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-21 14:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

FWIW, I'm also not convinced cleave is actually faster than single targeting with MNK. Most things die in 2 attack rounds, and that means the respawn timer is starting almost immediately after pop instead of ~90-120 sec after pop. Any AOE strategy is trading away respawns for killspeed, and depending how clean your movement and engage automation are, that's not necessarily a worthwhile trade.

Mostly went with edge because of TH(for the snoll/gear/acrolith triggers) and it's one less layer of complexity to code killing the cleave in a safe area and open chests vs dealing with potential aggro/interruptions.

Another note, you do want to destroy every chest, there's a limit of 80 in the zone and if you're running a ton of multiboxes with no regard for them you'll screw yourself out of them.

(None of this changes that if you can do plaudits on a fresh char, and you can script automatic abyssea, you could script auto plaudit redemption and get them on all your chars just as easily.)
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-21 14:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to go back 10 topics but...today I was a bit slow to farm my vanabout since I got distracted by other stuff, here's an interesting note:

Maje & Panama turned in before me, and an anon person also turned in, prior to my turnin it looked like:

Maje
Panama
???

I turned in on Male before Meki this time, and still ended up with:

Maje
Panama
Mekillthings
Maletaru
???

So....it seems the order is pre-determined based on...something? and not based on when you turned in. Draw whatever conclusions you'd like to from this information.

Reminder, previous information:
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Maje
Panama
Mekillthings
Maletaru

Meki turned in first, then Male, then the other 2.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-21 16:35:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd still agree with you that it's unlikely any tied players won't get credit. Unless they did something stupid like sorting only the first 10 to assign ranks, it seems clear that all tied players would be represented as #1 and a check for rank would see them as #1 and give the reward accordingly.

If they did manage that though, it'd be pretty lame to have the winners decided by character ID or some other artificial sorting mechanism. Especially if it results in the same people having preference every round.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-21 16:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree it would be really stupid of them to display #1 next to 15 people and then only give credit for being top 10 to the first 10 of them based on some arbitrary system, which is why I've been advocating all along that it makes no sense that they would do it that way.

It is interesting to see that the order the ties are ranked in is consistent and also not based on who turned in first or last. This means if the system of ordering players is the same as the system to determine the "top 10" AND the top 10 is restricted to 10 players, it will be impossible to game the system (IMO) by turning in early, late, or getting lucky with a character named AAAAAAB.

I don't care about the title at all, just doing vana'bout because I enjoy it and wanted to contribute to the overall results...at least before the numbers got totally whack.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 16:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It not making sense is the exact reason it's more likely to happen.

Any common ranking system awards all "tied for first" as first,

BUT They do so many things pants on head and assbackwards that it's not a given.

Also, they could reasonably be expected to use time stamps to rate a true first top ten. Even if a thousand tied.

There exists a larger than you should expect percentage of a chance that not all maximum score earners do infact place "top ten".
By Shichishito 2024-05-21 21:16:41
Link | Quote | Reply

LightningHelix said: »
Thought they were "out of room" for those, more or less.
That's code for "we don't want to". If they could they'd still use the "PS2 limitiations" phrase.

Even if that was true they could still repurpose one of the dozens of trusts that got a useless toolkit and revamp them like they did with valaineral or add a second trust category.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 21:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, for what it's worth we cleared the first rounds 150% bonus

It was 16m / 20m / 24m pre nerf.
By Beau 2024-05-22 00:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Taint said: »

I don't buy them. Last time I did it, I went out with 12 chars:

THF(farming olyphants)
THF(popping upas-kamuy in between sisyphus timers)
THF(popping koghatu)
THF(popping ironclad)
THF(cleaving acroliths)
THF(cleaving detectors)
THF(cleaving gears)
THF(cleaving snolls)
NIN + GEO (pop+proc dhorme, pop apademak, return to dhorme ???)
THF(killing apademak.. nin and geo return once it's up)
THF(farming VNM)

Manually capped azure with my GEO for one cleaver, partied up the rest and took amber to 80. Once started it was fully automated, every char opens their own chests and adds to pool as needed. Had all of my plates, all of my horns, and a decent start on souls in ~1:50.

If it was a time trial or something, there's still room for improvement[the bots popping+killing single NMs should've been killing trash in between, could easily have more cleavers if specifically targeting only horns]. But, even as is, I lost a few frags to timer. It takes up to 2 min to proc and kill a dhorme, and I had nothing set up to store/trade them.. they just sat in pool for NIN to lot and could only bank one extra at a time.

How are you monitoring/opening the botted golden chests for Sisy Frags, PM me with a working addon!
 Lakshmi.Khyal
Server: Lakshmi
user: kelman66
By Lakshmi.Khyal 2024-05-22 02:15:20
Link | Quote | Reply

For "I'm on a Boat VB" I tried Lu Shang's +1 with Sabiki Rig and got nothing but Yellow Globes. Switched to Lugworm and same thing. I have capped skill or close to it.

Tried Halcyon Rod with Sabiki Rig and got a mix of Quus, Cone Calamary, and Bastore Sardines. No Yellow Globes. Took me 3 or 4 trips but got it done.

Also turn off FastCS for the boat ride or it will last 7 seconds
By Tokimemofan 2024-05-22 02:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Oh yeah, for what it's worth we cleared the first rounds 150% bonus

It was 16m / 20m / 24m pre nerf.
“We” didn’t, SE gave that to us on a silver platter because they f’ed and bugged the objectives for some people. Maybe round 3 will be balanced and implemented properly.
[+]
 Sylph.Pve
Server: Sylph
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2024-05-22 04:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The emergency maintenance just now in Maura fixed the exploit where new characters created after the 500 plaudit compensation update could receive 500 Plaudits.

One of LS member created characters after update and was getting the Plaudits, then tried another new character after tonight's 5 minute maintenance and it didn't get Plaudits anymore.

I tested another one of my mules that's several years old but never got ambuscade unlocked, still got Plaudits.

Timestamp in screenshot is in PST just to confirm.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-22 05:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Beau said: »
How are you monitoring/opening the botted golden chests for Sisy Frags, PM me with a working addon!

I don't give out my custom automation.

Surprised they're that fast on patching the 'exploit', though if people were spamming it that probably undermines any attempt to use the plaudit numbers to calculate players.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
Server: Siren
user: Kruel666
By Siren.Kruel 2024-05-22 05:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The Plaudit total probably went way past their projections, even accounting for all the free 500 plaudits given out.

So they'll have instantly looked into why, and found out people are spamming new characters.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-22 05:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, but that level of attention to anything exceeds their usual behavior by quite a bit.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2024-05-22 05:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Dissapointed they were so on top of this.. only had time for 78 chloris buds lol
[+]
By zeta 2024-05-22 06:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So they fixed it?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17