Vanadoubt 2 hope you like fishing
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17
 Sylph.Pve
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: zsky
By Sylph.Pve 2024-05-21 08:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone who wanted the 500 free Plaudits on mules (already created) but didnt get them yet because Ambuscade wasn't unlocked yet, it's not too late.

Confirmed.

You can go do "The First Step Forward" followed with "Stepping into an Ambuscade" which is talking to Gorpa-Masorpa NPC.

FYI I do not know if you can create new characters and go claim the 500 Plaudits without the 30-45 day cooldown period, I didnt test that.
 Fenrir.Zenion
Server: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-21 08:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

... so, if we got three extra days of campaigns and two extra months of Cornelia for 25% and 50% over the target, shouldn't that mean another 24 days of monthly campaigns and five more full seasons with the bonus trust?
[+]
By zeta 2024-05-21 08:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Pve said: »
For anyone who wanted the 500 free Plaudits on mules (already created) but didnt get them yet because Ambuscade wasn't unlocked yet, it's not too late.

Confirmed.

You can go do "The First Step Forward" followed with "Stepping into an Ambuscade" which is talking to Gorpa-Masorpa NPC.

FYI I do not know if you can create new characters and go claim the 500 Plaudits without the 30-45 day cooldown period, I didnt test that.

I havent looked to much into this but does that mean my lvl 1 mules can get this?
 Sylph.Pve
By Sylph.Pve 2024-05-21 08:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

zeta said: »
I havent looked to much into this but does that mean my lvl 1 mules can get this?

This specific mule was Lv 6 so pretty much yes

I used UNM warp to Buburimu and walked across zone to Mhaura, but to use the UNM warp, you need Unity unlocked on that mule which requires 10 RoE's completed beforehand.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-21 09:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought you need to be lv99 to do ambuscade?

This is so easily abusable lmao
 Sylph.Pve
By Sylph.Pve 2024-05-21 09:10:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
I thought you need to be lv99 to do ambuscade?

This is so easily abusable lmao

AMAN Trove requires Lv99, need mules leveled for that.

BGwiki page for Ambuscade 'Eligibility Requirements' section has no mentions for level requirements.

Again, maybe characters created after the emergency maintenance won't qualify?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-21 09:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
2.1 Cheating and Botting. ... In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay.

Just gonna leave this here, do with it what you will.

Still unconfirmed whether you can make infinite mules, level them to 5~10, get them to Mhaura, and turn in 500 plaudits for Chloris Buds, but if it turns out to be true...be careful how you decide to use that information.
[+]
By zeta 2024-05-21 09:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Quote:
2.1 Cheating and Botting. ... In addition, you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay.

Just gonna leave this here, do with it what you will.

Still unconfirmed whether you can make infinite mules, level them to 5~10, get them to Mhaura, and turn in 500 plaudits for Chloris Buds, but if it turns out to be true...be careful how you decide to use that information.

And here i was already planning out my next week of use....
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 09:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfectly acceptable action (seriously) no different than making 80 mules to collect them from login, only login in finite and this would be infinite.

And still easier than glavoid or chloris.
By Dodik 2024-05-21 09:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE decide to give everyone eligible for Vanabout 500 free plaudits because of their bug they can't really claim "abuse of bug" that everyone eligible for Vanabout gets 500 plaudits.

They literally gave it as a reward for an existing issue.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 09:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Dodik said: »
If SE decide to give everyone eligible for Vanabout 500 free plaudits because of their bug they can't really claim "abuse of bug" that everyone eligible for Vanabout gets 500 plaudits.

They literally gave it as a reward for an existing issue.

No, that's not how it works. If they decide it's an exploit, it is, period.

But they will not. In this specific case.
By Dodik 2024-05-21 09:20:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Would love to see that happen. The official forums will be lit up higher than the clusterfrak of original stage 4 Sortie NMs.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 09:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

You underestimate apathy. Most won't even do it, it's not for gil it's for another weapon they won't even use.

Wouldn't even be worth the free anv keys either, 10000 to hit anything worth a mil instead of a log.

The outcry for someone banned over it would be nonexistant.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-21 09:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a difference between SE giving your active characters 500 plaudits and someone creating 3000 brand new characters, getting the dial key #ANV, deleting them, and making a new one. Or whatever the scheme is...

Quote:
you may not take advantage of game system bugs and exploits during gameplay.

If they decide what you did was taking advantage of a game system exploit, then get ***.

Maybe they won't. I'm certainly not going to *** around or find out, personally. You do you, boo.
By Dodik 2024-05-21 09:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
someone creating 3000 brand new characters

Yeah, would not do that. Don't see an issue with unlocking ambu for existing mules though.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-21 09:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, now that I think about it, dont dealer moogles have a 45 day restriction before they will accept kupons from characters?
 Fenrir.Zenion
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-05-21 09:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a technical impossibility to get a level 1 mule out to Mhaura to get those plaudits, but it's basically a practical impossibility. You need to either hit 10 RoEs - about 7 are doable without going out and fighting monsters, the objective for healing by resting requires some HP to be lost but you could hypothetically transfer HP+ level 1 gear over I guess so call it 8? So you're either gonna Metal Gear your way to Mhaura or you're gonna bite the bullet and fight like five mobs to hit level 5 for trust RoEs.

It's still at least a little work to leverage this. Not nearly as much as getting even one Chloris pop though.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-21 09:41:16
Link | Quote | Reply

All this still presumes that the dev's didnt put a creation date check on the plaudits handout and the kupon is available for immediate turn in.

But presuming it takes an hour to get through the character creation process and get to mhaura (you dont have to MGS, just pop a silent oil and prism powder), nabbing 6 of the more annoying trophies (Glavoid, Chloris, the 3 non-dragon Heroes ones) per hour is a better rate than whats attainable in the field.
[+]
By zeta 2024-05-21 09:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Still wondering how much of a risk this might be in the end. Or if even worth it.
 Fenrir.Richybear
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-05-21 09:48:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, it's worth it.

-Draylo 2002-2024
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-21 09:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

zeta said: »
Still wondering how much of a risk this might be in the end. Or if even worth it.

Nobody on these forums can answer either of those questions for you, so keep wondering I guess.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 09:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Literal zero risk,

Worth; I'd say also zero, considering the 99.99% chance you'll never finish or use the weapon. If you really wanted it, you'd have done it by now.

But if you would actually use it, it's worth your time 100%
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-21 09:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Or Johnny Casual Singlebox wants a Verethragna, but spending 80 hours farming pops and killing Chloris isnt their cup of tea.

Pulling in 6 Buds per hour with this cheese might actually be a better rate than someone 12-box cleaving for pops.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-21 10:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems unlikely they'd ban for it or anything like that, at least to me. I wouldn't bother unlocking unity, just make the character in windy, send it a stack of oils/powders, and book it to mhaura. Probably can do 2 characters per hour, 3 if you know how to skip cutscenes, 4+ if you're stupid enough to speedhack.

It's undeniably faster than farming in the field would be, but it's also cheesy and sounds incredibly boring. Can't say I'll be doing any.

Quote:
Pulling in 6 Buds per hour with this cheese might actually be a better rate than someone 12-box cleaving for pops.
Depends on quality of tools and how you're comparing, I can do 75 apa horns in under 2 hours and 50 glavoid+50chloris in about the same. But, if you figure on all 12 chars simultaneously doing the plaudit trade, you're still getting a considerably better deal(just not all on one character).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-21 11:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

i still had a tab open from last night right before maint. as of that tally we were at 5,420,130. after maint we were at 7,905,700. 2,485,570 point difference. imperfect since cant tell who registered points between those two tallies etc but that'd be approximately a maximum of 4,971 active characters worth of 500 pity points who have completed at least a single vanabout objective since last week
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 11:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to attempt to figure out active characters like that, but it was too early to maff.

Because the bump came 30 minutes after maint, it's impossible to get clear numbers. as it was split by anyone logging before maint, and after update.

You get the 500 whether or not you participated at all so far, I had characters with zero go to 500.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-21 11:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

10,322,130 plaudits registered from last night until the most recent update. You don't get the plaudits until you log in, and the rate from prior to that was around 1100k/day. Given the period between updates was around half a day and jp time, maybe 700k goes to normal accumulation. 9,622,130 / 500 = ~19,244 players with RoE complete logged in by that update.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-05-21 11:12:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The jump was 2.2m higher than expected at 1 am (should have been 200k so dont count that)

And the jump was 7.6m higher than expected at 7am, 10 million free points 20,000 characters (so far) anyone who didn't log in yet, still hasn't gotten them

Thornyy hit enter first U_U
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-05-21 11:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Chart with average updates definitely represents it better, but still same takeaway. Around 20k folks logged in during that period. If they don't ninja-patch it over the abyssea mats, looking at excess over a week is probably going to give a better idea because not everyone logs in every day. I'd wager a good portion of NA/EU went to bed before the maintenance and didn't bother logging in before work, as well.

Not exactly concrete, especially since there might be a falloff in people doing the side objectives with the 500 handout and the goals already being met. But, probably at least as accurate as the xiah DB[with different biasing factors].

Also seems they've completely ***the bed on the cross-server goal again, since it was already going to be 150% met in half the challenge period, and this just completely blew it out of control. Not saying it's an easy thing to balance, but it'd be cool to have it go down to the wire so people are actually incentivized to try the last few days..
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-05-21 11:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »
You don't get the plaudits until you log in

ah alright, that makes sense. i've been hearing of people getting the points even while previously having 0 plaudits as well so I guess we can't really track anything meaningful with this anyway.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17