First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 37 38 39
 Valefor.Furyspawn
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-07-09 00:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is there anything SE can do that would be "right" by community standards? They gave us brand new content and the ability to use multiple job combinations in something never done before in Odyssey, with the best rewards scale to date, and people complained a lot. Now they continue to upgrade older fights so that they are worthwhile in the current state of this game, with somewhat decent stats (but nothing crazy) and now it's too much older content rehashed and the fights are too annoying to bother with the gear being offered?

It might be time for a lot of y'all to just move on from ffxi.

I think in this case, the obvious lack of effort in the copy-paste was a little disappointing. At the very least, they could've adjusted the colors like they've done with Odyssey gear or Ambuscade weapons. In the case of remaining identical, the stat upgrade for Odin and Alexander feels like we ended up with something much more unique and impressive compared to the 75/99 versions versus what we're seeing so far for the Shinryu items.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
Server: Asura
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-09 00:38:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Is there anything SE can do that would be "right" by community standards?

In a better reality, they gave the option to toggle off Mount theme and just let any normal background music or silence play.

This is still the worst timelines.
[+]
By Bosworth 2021-07-09 00:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I legitimately don't understand why the players complain so much about lack of content or reskinned content. The game was supposed to die in 2015, yet here we are getting updates 6 years later, some of them quite substantial. It's no secret they have a skeleton crew working on ffxi. Be happy we're even getting anything at all. Unless someone is holding a gun to your head making you pay a subscription, you can always quit paying a sub for a few months if you're not happy with what they're doing
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-07-09 00:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
HTBF were always about mobs we already fought, just brought up to ilevel with appropriate rewards. None of them are new, so I don't see why they would add new monster models to that system for now.

u mean like Bahamut v2? at least the items were a bit diffrent unless i was wrong like the enmity mask, we dont even get recolors, need atleast something new
By Shichishito 2021-07-09 00:44:41
Link | Quote | Reply

what was the last new mob design that wasn't just a reskin of a existing model, geas fete cloud of darkness? siren? can't remember if any of the resurgence quest mobs were new but feels like they were just reskins of goblins/moblins.

you really shouldn't be thankfull that they still add halfassed content updates, the bar for bare minimum kept falling over the years but the sub fee stayed the same.
By Bosworth 2021-07-09 01:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That's the beauty of it. Stop paying the sub if you don't like what they're putting out. It's really that simple.

Like I said, they have a skeleton crew working on the game. They've admitted that. Since their "maintenance mode" in 2015, we've gotten: Ambuscade, Omen, Dyna D, Aman Trove, Odyssey, the VR (which already includes more missions than RoTZ, the 3 add-on scenarios, ect) for free, all the HTMBs last year, lots of job changes, a new installer, all kinds of advertising we didn't previously get. I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of ***, but that's just off the top of my head.

Is there stuff to be bummed about? Sure. Is there stuff to be happy about? You bet.

Again, if you're not happy, walk away. It's your money.
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-07-09 01:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
what was the last new mob design that wasn't just a reskin of a existing model, geas fete cloud of darkness? siren? can't remember if any of the resurgence quest mobs were new but feels like they were just reskins of goblins/moblins.

you really shouldn't be thankfull that they still add halfassed content updates, the bar for bare minimum kept falling over the years but the sub fee stayed the same.
ACTUALLY Resurgence mobs were new models, thats the only good thing about it plus the story
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-09 01:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't mind me. Just working on a template. It's not supposed to be super funny. I'm just sticking it here because I'm kicking around ideas and kind of giving up because it's 1:09 AM.

[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-09 01:10:32
Link | Quote | Reply

but the sub fee stayed the same.

Exactly it stayed the same. You know what inflation is? Sub should be 46% more now if you would want to keep same value of it as in 2003
By Bosworth 2021-07-09 01:16:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good point, but undermines the whole "don't *** pay a sub if you're just going to *** about everything they put out" thing
By SimonSes 2021-07-09 01:23:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
SimonSes said: »
Because youre assuming everyone in the game is playing every job with unlimited gil for BiS equip and gear at all times and has every possible rema. For most players and jobs, thats not really feasible. Yeah, you can, hypothetically, get 70% FC without body and head.... nearly no one will, either because of inventory needs so you cant get niche aug pieces or just players that dont have the gil or gear.

No I assume if we are talking on forum about the possibilities of the job, we are talking exactly about that, not what you can do half assing job on your mule or playing it on your main as 15th job you don't really care about. I don't assume everyone have everything, but in discussion like this I assume every serious player who care about casting impact on their job in the first place, can get anything in the game. The only items I co consider out of reach are bonanza exclusive items.

Also you can probably easily get mp+ set to get almost whole 666 mp back with Myrkr.

Your entire argument was "Impact should always be used at all times, and its drawbacks are minimal". I pointed out the clear and obvious drawbacks, to which you claimed they could easily be mitigated. Which is simply false for the majority of the playerbase, and most of the jobs that can use it. Impact is a major investment into a single spell. There is no real way around that without being geared bis. Your argument falls apart when should always be used conflicts with the reality of what you actually have.

It should be cast by every support job having access to cloak unless that support job needs to conserve MP.

I think you don't understand what "should" mean. It means it's a best scenario. I haven't wrote "it needs to be casted" or "its required". It's what you should be ideally aiming for. If you can't do it because gear limits you then ok, but it's still possible to get better gear and cast it.

If I say people should care for their health and care for environment, you will say to me it's not true, because some people don't have money to buy healthy food or don't have time or again money to care for environment? No, my statement is true, people not being able to do it for some reason won't change that.
 Pandemonium.Zeto
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Zeto 2021-07-09 01:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
Don't mind me. Just working on a template. It's not supposed to be super funny. I'm just sticking it here because I'm kicking around ideas and kind of giving up because it's 1:09 AM.

FF1 remakes: best shield
FF4: best holy sword
FF5: Eh its good Knight Sword but it's worse than the Chicken Knife and it's a KNIGHT SWORD far from game breaking
FF9: LMAO JUST A SPEEDBUMP BOSS SO WEAK IT GOT ITS NAME CHANGED IN TRANSLATION
FFX: Drops some useful stuff but nothing particularly game breaking
FFXI: Drops some situationally useful stuff
FFXIV: STORY BOSS NO DROPS till you do the EX version then you get a weapon that became dated a patch later

FFXI is about par for the course as far as Shinryu appearances go. Honestly, probably a bit above average as far as rewards go.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2021-07-09 01:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

people don't have Abyssea clears in 2021? The ***?
[+]
By Notacka 2021-07-09 01:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There’s been a decent amount of new players.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-07-09 03:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

most new accoutns are probably alts and most go the way of least resistance for alts. empy armor hasn't been reforged yet and i can't think of many abyssea items that still hold up today. maybe eponas ring but BLU has been nerfed to bottom tier and i think most other jobs on that ring got newer, better alternatives like gere ring. from that pov there wasn't much incentive to tackle abyssea.
By SimonSes 2021-07-09 03:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

but BLU has been nerfed to bottom tier

What? lol
Maybe you mean pure DPS, but BLU isnt pure DPS.

i think most other jobs on that ring got newer, better alternatives like gere ring.

I dont think so. Gere is more like a pair for Epona's on every job that can't use Niqmaddu.
[+]
By mhomho 2021-07-09 07:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Inspectorgadget said: »
people don't have Abyssea clears in 2021? The ***?

Notacka said: »
There’s been a decent amount of new players.

I got Epeo, Idris and some Empyreans maxed out. Still haven't cleared all of Abyssea. Outside of Empyreans there wasn't much point to going to Abyssea now-a-days. Adding content locked behind clearing it is nice to force people to do it like they did with WotG. For the longest time it was just Cait Sith summon as the dominant reward. Malignance gear changed so much. I wouldn't say it was a mistake so much as a happy accident.

On that note: Lilith HTMB has how many drops? 9? If we've seen 4 of Shinryu's so far, one being a set piece so 5, then how many different pieces can we expect? 119 versions of all of Shinryu's loot?
 Asura.Tsm
user: rangler33
By Asura.Tsm 2021-07-09 07:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Zeto said: »
Asura.Aeonova said: »

FF1 remakes: best shield
FF4: best holy sword
FF5: Eh its good Knight Sword but it's worse than the Chicken Knife and it's a KNIGHT SWORD far from game breaking
FF9: LMAO JUST A SPEEDBUMP BOSS SO WEAK IT GOT ITS NAME CHANGED IN TRANSLATION
FFX: Drops some useful stuff but nothing particularly game breaking
FFXI: Drops some situationally useful stuff
FFXIV: STORY BOSS NO DROPS till you do the EX version then you get a weapon that became dated a patch later

FFXI is about par for the course as far as Shinryu appearances go. Honestly, probably a bit above average as far as rewards go.
I wish ffxi got enough content these days to make things dated a patch later. i'm sure you might this as a slight, but it's not anymore
By Jetackuu 2021-07-09 08:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Its completely accurate. Have you MET the playerbase?

Indeed, and the ones generally that are ambitious enough to get an obscure piece and use it with minimal effort.

Also somebody cracked the idea of whms not having an enfeebling set: ***, ehat is augmenting Yagrush for then? :P
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-07-09 08:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming Fetters…

Cuz SE has a fetter fetish and all
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-09 08:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »
I wish ffxi got enough content these days to make things dated a patch later. i'm sure you might this as a slight, but it's not anymore

If you like vertical progression go play ffxiv. I hate when items get obsolete fast and FFXI was never like that.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-07-09 08:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tsm said: »

If you like vertical progression go play ffxiv. I hate when items get obsolete fast and FFXI was never like that.
I just obviously wish they'd condense slightly faster. Sidegrades and situationals are great, storage limits aren't.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-07-09 09:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
If we've seen 4 of Shinryu's so far, one being a set piece so 5, then how many different pieces can we expect? 119 versions of all of Shinryu's loot?

Twilight set was head/body only.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-09 09:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
Incoming Fetters…

Assuming he has doesn't get fetters, what were his other big bad moves?
Meteor, Cataclysmic Vortex (AOE to 1), Dark Matter (Terror) and Supernova (Doom).

Does Scherzo or Migawai block Cataclysmic Vortex (worth testing now)? With as much magical damage as he uses, seems like dark or fire carol (or attunement) might be essential. What was the trigger that make his wings go up and down?

He also possesses Draw-In, which mean that a full wipe is impossible to recover from, right? I seem to recall there was no safe place to die in the vanilla version, as he will draw you back in upon raising and kill you again.

They can change all of this behavior in the BC, but just looking to jog my memory of it all. I remember he was annoying, but how that will translate with all of the -DT/Mdef/Meva gear we now have access to, I am no really cetain.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-09 09:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
mhomho said: »
If we've seen 4 of Shinryu's so far, one being a set piece so 5, then how many different pieces can we expect? 119 versions of all of Shinryu's loot?

He's saying they've displayed 4 items so far, and one is part of a set, so we can assume at least 5 pieces.

It's entirely possible they release updated versions of all of Shinryu's goodies. He was the abyssea big-bad, so it makes sense to have his large spread of loot available. They seemed to follow a similar pattern with at least Odin HTBF. His loot pool was 7 items, Lilith had 9 items, so 8 from Shinryu seems reasonable. Might even throw in a couple extra, just because of the challenge required.
 Bahamut.Blze
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Blze 2021-07-09 10:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That's great and I'm ready for it but I'd rather had the add-on bcnms turned into htbfs then this. Well back to waiting.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-07-09 10:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oops, misread, too early in the day still.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-07-09 10:48:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Its completely accurate. Have you MET the playerbase?

Indeed, and the ones generally that are ambitious enough to get an obscure piece and use it with minimal effort.

Also somebody cracked the idea of whms not having an enfeebling set: ***, ehat is augmenting Yagrush for then? :P

While i hate SE for still making yagrush essentially mandatory to play whm without wanting to hate yourself the entire time, most people who do get yagrush get yagrush and leave it at 75 and thats it.
[+]
By mhomho 2021-07-09 10:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
gear shown:
cloak
dagger
ammo
head

THAT'S 4 pieces of known drops from the instance with the head mentioning a set detail so we can assume a body to go with it MAKING 5 PIECES OF LOOT WE KNOW OF. Not pieces of Twilight, pieces of loot from the instance.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-09 11:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Neojuggernautx said: »
Incoming Fetters…

Was honestly thinking that thisd be the gimmick. Fetters that are removed if you use the abyssea proc system.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 37 38 39