New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 4 ... 37 38 39
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-08 17:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

99% of fights don't need Dia either, but that's still considered an essential part of nearly every fight. Not being required doesn't mean that using it wouldn't make your victories smoother and faster.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-07-08 17:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM should easily cap FC, it's elemental magic (Elemental Celerity gives 38% starting point).
SCH should be able to reach cap (or get very close) between fast cast and grimoire even losing body/head. A good FC aug on Grio (8%) would make 74% possible without something like weatherspoon ring. Which is 4 under capped. Only expensive piece would be Pinga Pants +1.
RDM easily caps
WHM is rough all around
SMN not sure, don't play it
DRK ???

Edit: Forgot GEO, probably the hardest one to cap of the jobs likely to actually be using it.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-07-08 17:08:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Your role is to help your group win, not whatever your job's nominally defined role is. Keeping up Impact whenever possible is going to help the group a hell of a lot, and in 99% of fights a mage can take 6 seconds off to land a very potent debuff.

Sure, now you can spend 8 seconds casting impact and using myrkr, and then people got nuked and someone died because youre the healer.

Rdm has a million buffs/debuffs to track, as well as supply damage itself. Generally, these are more important than impact, and depending on the mob and gear might mean you wont even get impact for a decent amount of minutes into the fight.

Geo and Blm are the only ones that can realistically free cast it whenever they want, and even then the investment goes out the window if you get a bad resist.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-08 17:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it sounds crazy, but you don't have to have capped FC to use the spell. It fires off in 5-6 seconds instead of 2. That is not really the loss that in time it's being made out to be. The MP cost is much more critical, IMO.
By Nariont 2021-07-08 17:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

guys never learn do ya, but only job that should have some major issues capping FC are SAM, and I think WAR/DRG, NIN might have been ever so slightly below max, but point is at the very least natural magic caster jobs can reach max FC pretty easily, whether it be through direct FC or simply -casting time
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-08 17:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Your role is to help your group win, not whatever your job's nominally defined role is. Keeping up Impact whenever possible is going to help the group a hell of a lot, and in 99% of fights a mage can take 6 seconds off to land a very potent debuff.

Sure, now you can spend 8 seconds casting impact and using myrkr, and then people got nuked and someone died because youre the healer.

Rdm has a million buffs/debuffs to track, as well as supply damage itself. Generally, these are more important than impact, and depending on the mob and gear might mean you wont even get impact for a decent amount of minutes into the fight.

Geo and Blm are the only ones that can realistically free cast it whenever they want, and even then the investment goes out the window if you get a bad resist.
You don't have to use Myrkr right away if your melees are in danger, and a well-chosen 6 seconds is not a problem at all for no heals if your group is competent; there are other ways to get MP back. You can even have your melees turn around for a couple seconds so the mob doesn't TP while you're casting.

Impact is one of the most important debuffs RDM has, and the only debuffs that matter more are Dia III and occasionally Distract.

Not wanting to resist is the entire reason people are excited for the new cloak, so I'm not sure what your point is here. Even a 1/2 resist is still worth the effort to cast it.
VIP
By Lili 2021-07-08 17:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

If the party does their job right, 8s to spare for Impact from any of the jobs on the cloak are really easy to find.

Anyway, in case anybody is wondering, the new name for these items is "Crepuscule" - Crepuscule Dagger, Helm, Mail, etc (Kurepasukura)
 Bahamut.Mhysa
Server: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-07-08 17:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to disagree, as a white mage, I don’t have the time to be debuffing every 2 minutes. If I wanted to cast Impact as much aa you’re suggesting, I would just bring a SMN to use Fenrir to do it.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-07-08 17:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
guys never learn do ya, but only job that should have some major issues capping FC are SAM, and I think WAR/DRG, NIN might have been ever so slightly below max, but point is at the very least natural magic caster jobs can reach max FC pretty easily, whether it be through direct FC or simply -casting time

It's a little harder when you have to exclude two slots that generally have really good options for FC and -casting time, but you're point is generally true.

Of the 4 jobs that are likely to be casting Impact in the first place, all of them have the ability to get to FC cap, even excluding those two slots.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-08 17:15:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »

I would like to disagree, as a white mage, I don’t have the time to be debuffing every 2 minutes. If I wanted to cast Impact as much aa you’re suggesting, I would just bring a SMN to use Fenrir to do it.
White mages should be debuffing MORE than every 2 minutes unless there's a RDM in the party to handle stuff like Slow and Paralyze for them. If you can't find the time, that's your (or your group's) problem.

Fenrir's Impact is much weaker on any enemy that matters, and has a much higher resist rate.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-07-08 17:15:43
Link | Quote | Reply

99% of fights don't need Dia either, but that's still considered an essential part of nearly every fight. Not being required doesn't mean that using it wouldn't make your victories smoother and faster.

Comparing Dia to impact is braindead for clear reasons. The fights are already smooth at what point in the game did you say I need impact that's why we not having great fights? Dia can be reapplied and is same rate. 99% of the fights don't require Dia you not wrong on that which is why some put it on and some don't. But you guys making it seem like impact is like the new hotness and its gonna boost kill speed by a massive amount is just silly.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-07-08 17:16:48
Link | Quote | Reply

White mages should be debuffing MORE than every 2 minutes unless there's a RDM in the party to handle stuff like Slow and Paralyze for them. If you can't find the time, that's your (or your group's) problem.

Fenrir's Impact is much weaker on any enemy that matters, and has a much higher resist rate.
If your group can't kill without impact it seems like it's a your group and you problem no?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-08 17:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Justthetip said: »

Comparing Dia to impact is braindead for clear reasons. The fights are already smooth at what point in the game did you say I need impact that's why we not having great fights? Dia can be reapplied and is same rate. 99% of the fights don't require Dia you not wrong on that which is why some put it on and some don't. But you guys making it seem like impact is like the new hotness and its gonna boost kill speed by a massive amount is just silly.
It noticeably boosts kill speed, reduces damage taken by melees, and lowers mob TP rate. It's absolutely a big deal when you can land it.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-07-08 17:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM is probably the least likely candidate for casting impact, /sch is a super useful sub, and even with iLvl gear, you'd probably need /blm Elemental Seal to even land it due to the super low elemental magic skill from sub only.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-08 17:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If your group can't kill without impact it seems like it's a your group and you problem no?
I would appreciate it if you would stop putting words in my mouth, thank you.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-07-08 17:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Also for reference:

Shadowmeld said:
Is it needed? No, of course not. Do I like the idea of giving my rdm the option to not sub /blm any time I want to use impact? Hell yeah!
By Nariont 2021-07-08 17:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
WHM is probably the least likely candidate for casting impact, /sch is a super useful sub, and even with iLvl gear, you'd probably need /blm Elemental Seal to even land it due to the super low elemental magic skill from sub only.

If time allows you can simply swap to dark arts, pop it off then swap back

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-08 17:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

You need Abyssea clears to get a Crimson Traverser Stone at all, so you're going to need to have them to participate regardless of where the entance is.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-07-08 17:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean you just put words in someone else mouth just following your post. A whm casting this would be stupid because the elemental skill wouldn't even be there and they don't have elemental seal to boot. Your kill speed isn't gonna be noticeably faster a few seconds faster isn't noticeably faster.
By Nariont 2021-07-08 17:27:59
Link | Quote | Reply

dark arts any job /sch has more ele skill than base RDM, and arts swapping doesnt even cost a charge
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-07-08 17:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean you just put words in someone else mouth just following your post. A whm casting this would be stupid because the elemental skill wouldn't even be there and they don't have elemental seal to boot. Your kill speed isn't gonna be noticeably faster a few seconds faster isn't noticeably faster.

I mean technically I think Geriond has solo'd the whole game, so does he even need a group? :P
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-08 17:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't put any words in anyone's mouth; they said they don't have time to debuff, and I said they do time unless there's a problem with their group.

White Mages are /SCH 99% of the time (and in Odyssey where you can't, Impact doesn't work on much anyway), which gives them 404 Elemental Skill for free. You rarely need Elemental Seal, and the new cloak is going to shore up the last unusual MACC problems it had, which is what this entire conversation was originally about.

Impact makes a hell of a lot bigger difference than "a few seconds faster" killspeed. It makes them hit less hard, it makes them less likely to land debuffs, it makes them easier to land spells on, it makes them TP slower, it makes them less evasive, and it makes them take more damage.
By SimonSes 2021-07-08 17:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

BLM should easily cap FC, it's elemental magic (Elemental Celerity gives 38% starting point).
SCH should be able to reach cap (or get very close) between fast cast and grimoire even losing body/head. A good FC aug on Grio (8%) would make 74% possible without something like weatherspoon ring. Which is 4 under capped. Only expensive piece would be Pinga Pants +1.
RDM easily caps
WHM is rough all around
SMN not sure, don't play it
DRK ???

Edit: Forgot GEO, probably the hardest one to cap of the jobs likely to actually be using it.

SCH can cap it even without Pinga actually, but with Pinga its easy.

Grio 12
Ammo 2
earrings 6 (log and malignance)
rings 6 (Kishar and Prolix)
neck 4
back 10
waist 5
legs 7 (Psycloth or Agwu)
feet 12 (Merlinic or Af+3)
gloves 7 (Merlinic)
71 in gear and dark arts should provide 10% to cap

WHM can cap it too using Pinga and jse neck and switching to dark arts for a sec if using /sch. If using /rdm its even easier.

SMN and GEO might not cap FC, but also they dont need it. They have big gaps between actions where they just stand doing nothing (not counting melee GEOs and SMNs, which almost never happens on NMs you would want Impact on anyway) and wont have problem casting even 7 sec Impact.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-07-08 17:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean technically I think Geriond has solo'd the whole game, so does he even need a group? :P

Solos cause he has no friends.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-07-08 17:36:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems so lol guess I been doing it wrong this whole time needed impact to clear stuff that's what helps him solo I guess. Either way impact hasn't been needed for pretty much anything its just cool to have at the end.
By joemamma 2021-07-08 17:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems so lol guess I been doing it wrong this whole time needed impact to clear stuff that's what helps him solo I guess. Either way impact hasn't been needed for pretty much anything its just cool to have at the end.

Let's keep this quote train going though !
By Draylo 2021-07-08 17:39:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shinryu, what a surprise. I don't expect every new item to have to completely blow all the others away, so it will be nice to have ilevel versions of auto reraise and impact.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-07-08 17:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless by "debuff" you mean "casting dia", then no. SCH can debuff mobs more freely, but has few debuffs available. Whm regens arent potent enough to constantly enfeeble, especially on mobs that are more serious where it can take 3-8 casts to even stick from immunobreaks. The game isnt as slow paced as it used to be, and often wants you to cure every other spellcast.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 37 38 39