Game: FFXI
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-08 17:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nyaarun said: »
Asura.Geriond said: »
Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
Your role is to help your group win, not whatever your job's nominally defined role is. Keeping up Impact whenever possible is going to help the group a hell of a lot, and in 99% of fights a mage can take 6 seconds off to land a very potent debuff.

I would like to disagree, as a white mage, I don’t have the time to be debuffing every 2 minutes. If I wanted to cast Impact as much aa you’re suggesting, I would just bring a SMN to use Fenrir to do it.
White mages should be debuffing MORE than every 2 minutes unless there's a RDM in the party to handle stuff like Slow and Paralyze for them. If you can't find the time, that's your (or your group's) problem.

Fenrir's Impact is much weaker on any enemy that matters, and has a much higher resist rate.

Unless by "debuff" you mean "casting dia", then no. SCH can debuff mobs more freely, but has few debuffs available. Whm regens arent potent enough to constantly enfeeble, especially on mobs that are more serious where it can take 3-8 casts to even stick from immunobreaks. The game isnt as slow paced as it used to be, and often wants you to cure every other spellcast.
Having debuffs like Slow and Paralyze on helps you have time between heals, and 3-8 casts to stick is an extreme exaggeration with a good MACC set and some MACC food. Most relevant enemies (minus a couple like sleep on Mamool Ambu) get enfeebled after 0-1 immunobreaks, including in Odyssey.
 Asura.Friedrik
Server: Asura
user: Friedrik
By Asura.Friedrik 2021-07-08 18:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It noticeably boosts kill speed, reduces damage taken by melees, and lowers mob TP rate. It's absolutely a big deal when you can land it.

You are throwing pearls before swine, the swine being mouthbreathers in this case.
By joemamma 2021-07-08 18:06:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Nerds calling other people nerds.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-07-08 18:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »
BLM should easily cap FC, it's elemental magic (Elemental Celerity gives 38% starting point).
SCH should be able to reach cap (or get very close) between fast cast and grimoire even losing body/head. A good FC aug on Grio (8%) would make 74% possible without something like weatherspoon ring. Which is 4 under capped. Only expensive piece would be Pinga Pants +1.
RDM easily caps
WHM is rough all around
SMN not sure, don't play it
DRK ???

Edit: Forgot GEO, probably the hardest one to cap of the jobs likely to actually be using it.

SCH can cap it even without Pinga actually, but with Pinga its easy.

Grio 12
Ammo 2
earrings 6 (log and malignance)
rings 6 (Kishar and Prolix)
neck 4
back 10
waist 5
legs 7 (Psycloth or Agwu)
feet 12 (Merlinic or Af+3)
gloves 7 (Merlinic)
71 in gear and dark arts should provide 10% to cap

WHM can cap it too using Pinga and jse neck and switching to dark arts for a sec if using /sch. If using /rdm its even easier.

SMN and GEO might not cap FC, but also they dont need it. They have big gaps between actions where they just stand doing nothing (not counting melee GEOs and SMNs, which almost never happens on NMs you would want Impact on anyway) and wont have problem casting even 7 sec Impact.

SCH AF+3 feet aren't fast cast, it's 12% grimoire cast, which translates into roughly 3% fast cast. I was using relic +3 there, which are 8, but yeah, merlinic would be better. Also forgot about prolix, so only had one ring in my set.

Edit: Arts is not the same term as fast cast. It's like how haste and DW interact.

Edit2: 10% arts still requires 78 FC to cap, 22% arts using the feet, you still need 75 FC
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
Server: Bismarck
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-07-08 18:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mhysa said: »
Your role is to help your group win, not whatever your job's nominally defined role is. Keeping up Impact whenever possible is going to help the group a hell of a lot, and in 99% of fights a mage can take 6 seconds off to land a very potent debuff.

I would like to disagree, as a white mage, I don’t have the time to be debuffing every 2 minutes. If I wanted to cast Impact as much aa you’re suggesting, I would just bring a SMN to use Fenrir to do it.
White mages should be debuffing MORE than every 2 minutes unless there's a RDM in the party to handle stuff like Slow and Paralyze for them. If you can't find the time, that's your (or your group's) problem.

Fenrir's Impact is much weaker on any enemy that matters, and has a much higher resist rate.

Unless by "debuff" you mean "casting dia", then no. SCH can debuff mobs more freely, but has few debuffs available. Whm regens arent potent enough to constantly enfeeble, especially on mobs that are more serious where it can take 3-8 casts to even stick from immunobreaks. The game isnt as slow paced as it used to be, and often wants you to cure every other spellcast.
Having debuffs like Slow and Paralyze on helps you have time between heals, and 3-8 casts to stick is an extreme exaggeration with a good MACC set and some MACC food. Most relevant enemies (minus a couple like sleep on Mamool Ambu) get enfeebled after 0-1 immunobreaks, including in Odyssey.

3-8 casts isnt an extreme exaggeration unless you have a rdm landing frazzle, in which case you dont need to debuff, or a geo reducing meva for you. Whm doesnt get the immunobreak gear/abilities rdm gets, so youll often need 2 casts just to get through that. Sometimes youll get unlucky and end up needing 4 casts to land, or more. This isnt even taking into account that most people arent going to have an above average enfeebling set for whm, since enfeebling is not a priority for the job.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-07-08 18:40:16
Link | Quote | Reply

This isnt even taking into account that most people arent going to have an above average enfeebling set for whm, since enfeebling is not a priority for the job.

You keep saying about lack of gear or sets etc. If you gonna lower the standards like that, then ofc most jobs cant do half the ***they can with gear. I dont see the point to discuss this tho. We discuss whats possible, not whats possible with budget set, because budget sets assume you are not interested in full potential of the job in the long run.

Also what's the other Immunobreak items other than Chironic's Hose? Because WHM can use those.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-07-08 18:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This isnt even taking into account that most people arent going to have an above average enfeebling set for whm, since enfeebling is not a priority for the job.

You keep saying about lack of gear or sets etc. If you gonna lower the standards like that, then ofc most jobs cant do half the ***they can with gear. I dont see the point to discuss this tho. We discuss whats possible, not whats possible with budget set, because budget sets assume you are not interested in full potential of the job in the long run.

Also what's the other Immunobreak items other than Chironic's Hose? Because WHM can use those.

Because youre assuming everyone in the game is playing every job with unlimited gil for BiS equip and gear at all times and has every possible rema. For most players and jobs, thats not really feasible. Yeah, you can, hypothetically, get 70% FC without body and head.... nearly no one will, either because of inventory needs so you cant get niche aug pieces or just players that dont have the gil or gear. At best, you can argue 40-50% FC on average, so impact will be ~6 seconds.

The game expects you to be able to juggle and play too many jobs with not enough inventory to play all the jobs.

And rdm gets immunobreak merits/AF now, as well as sabo/sabo+ gear.
By SimonSes 2021-07-08 19:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Because youre assuming everyone in the game is playing every job with unlimited gil for BiS equip and gear at all times and has every possible rema. For most players and jobs, thats not really feasible. Yeah, you can, hypothetically, get 70% FC without body and head.... nearly no one will, either because of inventory needs so you cant get niche aug pieces or just players that dont have the gil or gear.

No I assume if we are talking on forum about the possibilities of the job, we are talking exactly about that, not what you can do half assing job on your mule or playing it on your main as 15th job you don't really care about. I don't assume everyone have everything, but in discussion like this I assume every serious player who care about casting impact on their job in the first place, can get anything in the game. The only items I co consider out of reach are bonanza exclusive items.

Also you can probably easily get mp+ set to get almost whole 666 mp back with Myrkr.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-08 19:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk why anyone bothers arguing with Nyaarun anymore. They've proven over a dozen times now that their opinions are bad and their playstyle is entirely self serving.
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-07-08 19:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

the helm says "set: auto reraise", save to assume there are more item drops than listed on the frontpage?

hope they leave the proc shenanigans aside or change it. the old one heavily favored MNK blunt procs and the BCNM doesn't drop anything desirable for MNK so it makes little sense to builds the gimmicks around MNK. iirc it was also vana time dependant, queue chaos incoming.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-08 19:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It will 99% be the same as the original set: body and head. They never show the entire ensemble in these previews
 Cerberus.Aerandir
Server: Cerberus
user: aerandir
By Cerberus.Aerandir 2021-07-08 19:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

FF11 players are a unique community that will plead with the devs for years about making ilvl Twilight Cloak and then spend hours arguing about how much of a waste it is when they finally get it...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-08 19:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

In no way is that unique. But also, accurate. There is zero functional difference, they could've at least made it better.

I don't know how, occult omen, refresh, sphere, increased duration, increased potency, something. It's not a great carrot. They're going to want it, because obviously, but yeah.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-08 20:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Idk why anyone bothers arguing with Nyaarun anymore. They've proven over a dozen times now that their opinions are bad and their playstyle is entirely self serving.

FTFY
[+]
By Shichishito 2021-07-08 20:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

i think the disappointment is more with the upscaled copy paste approach of the cloak combined with the endless grind + annoying mechanics you have to endure for it. a little quest to upgrade the legacy items would have been more reasonable for this kind of underwheelming but nice to have ilvl version.

maybe the twilight set will be usefull for DDing but the auto reraise is a unique defense mechanic and only usefull for zombie situations to buy the party time. imho they should have built upon that concept and add a heavy defense buff + aquaveil for a couple of seconds after reraise to give PLD the chance to drop a raise on a team mate, something that fits the armors theme.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-07-08 20:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They should have just done a different HTBF. Maybe Bubbly Bernie with 119 version steam clock.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-07-08 20:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shichishito said: »
the helm says "set: auto reraise", save to assume there are more item drops than listed on the frontpage?

hope they leave the proc shenanigans aside or change it. the old one heavily favored MNK blunt procs and the BCNM doesn't drop anything desirable for MNK so it makes little sense to builds the gimmicks around MNK. iirc it was also vana time dependant, queue chaos incoming.
It will probably be the same gear as the original fight. For those that don’t remember, that fight had the set: Auto-Reraise armor, Twilight Mail and Helm.

Also, since this is in the Paradox, we might have access to Atmas and Brew
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-08 20:34:00
Link | Quote | Reply

This many pages and no memes or even any images?

[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-08 20:35:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Also, since this is in the Paradox, we might have access to Atmas and Brew

Nope
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-07-08 21:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Because youre assuming everyone in the game is playing every job with unlimited gil for BiS equip and gear at all times and has every possible rema. For most players and jobs, thats not really feasible. Yeah, you can, hypothetically, get 70% FC without body and head.... nearly no one will, either because of inventory needs so you cant get niche aug pieces or just players that dont have the gil or gear.

No I assume if we are talking on forum about the possibilities of the job, we are talking exactly about that, not what you can do half assing job on your mule or playing it on your main as 15th job you don't really care about. I don't assume everyone have everything, but in discussion like this I assume every serious player who care about casting impact on their job in the first place, can get anything in the game. The only items I co consider out of reach are bonanza exclusive items.

Also you can probably easily get mp+ set to get almost whole 666 mp back with Myrkr.

Your entire argument was "Impact should always be used at all times, and its drawbacks are minimal". I pointed out the clear and obvious drawbacks, to which you claimed they could easily be mitigated. Which is simply false for the majority of the playerbase, and most of the jobs that can use it. Impact is a major investment into a single spell. There is no real way around that without being geared bis. Your argument falls apart when should always be used conflicts with the reality of what you actually have.
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-07-08 21:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
In no way is that unique. But also, accurate. There is zero functional difference, they could've at least made it better.

I don't know how, occult omen, refresh, sphere, increased duration, increased potency, something. It's not a great carrot. They're going to want it, because obviously, but yeah.

Impact on its own is too strong as a single spell to really add much else. Its getting a lot more macc into the set as the new item. Theres not much they can really do beyond that.
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-07-08 22:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The real issue with the magic accuracy difference between the non Ilvl version and the Ilvl version is just the way the magic accuracy system works inherently. Most mobs have elemental resistances to specific elements, and whenever a mob is resistant to something it doesn't really matter how much magic accuracy you add because you're still gonna struggle to land the spell. If impact lands on a mob now then it will still land with the Ilvl variant. If a mob resists impact with the current version then it will still probably resist impact after the fact. Casting impact is something we can already do, and unfortunately the difference between the Ilvl stats and the non Ilvl stats are not going to be terribly relevant in most cases.

Quote:
There is zero functional difference, they could've at least made it better.

I don't know how, occult omen, refresh, sphere, increased duration, increased potency, something. It's not a great carrot.

And this sums it up. Shinryu has some of the most taxing mechanics of any fight, and if the drop rates follow the typical HTBF scheme you won't see items load very frequently on anything below difficult. The fight is a royal pain.
By Jetackuu 2021-07-08 22:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Impact always hits, macc affects duration. (Last I checked, anyway).
By Jetackuu 2021-07-08 22:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Your entire argument was "Impact should always be used at all times, and its drawbacks are minimal". I pointed out the clear and obvious drawbacks, to which you claimed they could easily be mitigated. Which is simply false for the majority of the playerbase, and most of the jobs that can use it. Impact is a major investment into a single spell. There is no real way around that without being geared bis. Your argument falls apart when should always be used conflicts with the reality of what you actually have.

Yeah, not accurate.
By alzeerffxi 2021-07-08 22:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

im honestly tired of re hashed content, its sucking the fun out of the game
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-08 23:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there anything SE can do that would be "right" by community standards? They gave us brand new content and the ability to use multiple job combinations in something never done before in Odyssey, with the best rewards scale to date, and people complained a lot. Now they continue to upgrade older fights so that they are worthwhile in the current state of this game, with somewhat decent stats (but nothing crazy) and now it's too much older content rehashed and the fights are too annoying to bother with the gear being offered?

It might be time for a lot of y'all to just move on from ffxi.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-08 23:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

It's always like that, people just love to complain. I know we're all paying still, but I am thankful they are adding content still. I just wish they did a lot more of it at a better pace.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-07-08 23:22:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Yeah, not accurate.

Its completely accurate. Have you MET the playerbase?
By alzeerffxi 2021-07-08 23:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
It's always like that, people just love to complain. I know we're all paying still, but I am thankful they are adding content still. I just wish they did a lot more of it at a better pace.

no they can do odyessy but they cant give us a new HTBF with new Mobs? hell even Boss new design is all we need
By Draylo 2021-07-09 00:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

HTBF were always about mobs we already fought, just brought up to ilevel with appropriate rewards. None of them are new, so I don't see why they would add new monster models to that system for now.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 37 38 39