Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 53 54 55
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-15 12:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I'm not celebrating, but this an amusing line of attack you are attempting. I feel bad for the people of Oklahoma having such an idiot in the governors mansion, they don't have the resources to fight this virus. They don't have nearly enough hospitals or doctors to contain the current surge their leadership has brought on them.
Yet, there "surge" is still low compared to other states like California and New York/New Jersey.

But I guess those governors are magnanimous to you, never mind that Cuomo's policies have killed more people both with COVID and without COVID per day than the entire state of Oklahoma has cases per day.

But hey, keep cheerleading your side. It's amusing, the hypocrisy you display.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-15 12:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Well lets see, New York and NJ aren't even having a surge atm. So there goes that conspiracy theory. I mean they are worried about it and actively trying to prevent it, and I believe I saw earlier this week NY had its first day with zero covid deaths. But really, just because Oklahoma's surge is currently "lower" than a different state, doesn't mean Oklahoma is doing better.

The current surge has been located in the Deep South for a month now. Florida, the new epicenter, Texas, Alabama, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Arizona. All Republican governors that adopted Trump's covid denial policies and are now drowning in them.

California made the same mistake Texas and Florida did but at least they are being honest about it. They pushed through their reopening phases too fast and didn't slow down when they should have. And now they are shutting down again, Texas is going to follow soon, probably following the same model. Close down the restaurants and indoor recreation. But you don't see the Cali governor out there trying to catch covid, and you don't see him acting like DeSantis just pretending like everything is fine while his state is breaking records.

All you have been able to accomplish is pointing to NY's death toll and trying, unsuccessfully, to claim the Southern states are "doing better" because their death count is still lower, as if its some kind of contest. How long you think thats gonna last for Florida and Texas? The idiot governors have both said the people dying right now are the people that got infected in late May. We are a couple of weeks away from losing 500+ people a day in just those two states. But hey, still "better" than New York, for now.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-15 12:59:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The surge can be attributed to the increased number of testing done per day.

More test = more results.

That is not a conspiracy theory, which seems to be your new fall-back line on things that goes counter with your viewpoints.

<me> The sky is blue!
<Vic> No it isn't, you are repeating right-wing conspiracy theories! The sky is really green!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-15 13:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

All you have been able to accomplish is pointing to NY's death toll and trying, unsuccessfully, to claim the Southern states are "doing better" because their death count is still lower, as if its some kind of contest.
Pointing out death rates show how policies enacted by governors have affected people's lives and how effective they were.

I mean, if you want to have a higher death rate and less ability to work/earn money, by all means go live in NY or CA.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-15 13:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are tired of visiting Grandma or Grandpa, you can always put them in a nursing home in New York. I'm sure you will be very happy with their survival rates there.
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-15 13:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

wait is vic arguing that because less people are dying in NY today, that they are somehow doing better that other states that are seeing BARELY an uptic comparatively? jesus christ is he dumb or something? If NY already killed off a massively large amount of its at risk population, then guess what slows down? their death rates! you cant keep killing people that arent there! what an absolute moron?
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-15 13:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
All you have been able to accomplish is pointing to NY's death toll and trying, unsuccessfully, to claim the Southern states are "doing better" because their death count is still lower, as if its some kind of contest.
Pointing out death rates show how policies enacted by governors have affected people's lives and how effective they were.

I mean, if you want to have a higher death rate and less ability to work/earn money, by all means go live in NY or CA.

Or Texas or Florida.
By Viciouss 2020-07-15 13:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »
wait is vic arguing that because less people are dying in NY today, that they are somehow doing better that other states that are seeing BARELY an uptic comparatively? jesus christ is he dumb or something? If NY already killed off a massively large amount of its at risk population, then guess what slows down? their death rates! you cant keep killing people that arent there! what an absolute moron?

Check out this hilarious cowardice. Personal attacks that don't land while hiding behind a block button!
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-15 15:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
mind control starts with information control
Yep. And this new information black hole database will NOT be available to the public, nor medical researchers, nor the press.

But I am sure we will be able to trust whatever numbers the administration pulls out of its *** the database.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-15 15:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This should be really encouraging.

St. Pete law firm offering free living wills for teachers returning to school amid coronavirus surge
WFLA.com Tampa
By volkom 2020-07-15 15:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Yep. And this new information black hole database will NOT be available to the public, nor medical researchers, nor the press.

But I am sure we will be able to trust whatever numbers the administration pulls out of its *** the database.
yup! can't wait to have the govt manipulate data and the news. 1 step closer to being the new china
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-15 16:23:51
Link | Quote | Reply

yup! can't wait to have the govt manipulate data and the news. 1 step closer to being the new china
To be fair the media does a really good job manipulating data and news themselves.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-15 16:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the media and the government (well, at least one half of it anyway) are already in cahoots, so "the new China" is already in the works.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2020-07-15 17:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair the media does a really good job manipulating data and news themselves.
to be even fairer so have medical researchers during this. It's even better when each does it to cover for the others doing it or their incompetence.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-15 18:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Texas continues to set new records in new cases and deaths, there is a county in Dallas that has been adding 1k cases per day for over a week now.
By volkom 2020-07-15 19:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

let us know when we pass new york
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-15 19:40:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-15 20:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You know he would be out celebrating.

That's all he has been doing each day. Nothing but celebrations that more people are dead.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-15 20:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said that false accusation remains amusing.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-15 21:25:44
Link | Quote | Reply

You know he would be out celebrating.

That's all he has been doing each day. Nothing but celebrations that more people are dead.

Correction, more people he doesn't like are dead.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-15 21:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a false accusation when you post it on this thread, barely containing your glee.

Your wording shows it.

If you were really sad about the number of people who tested positive/died today, you would have worded it differently, like "It is unfortunate, but the number of people who tested positive today has increased by XXX...." or something along those lines.

Instead, you gleefully use those cases/deaths to attack Abbot and DeSantis like it's your birthday.

So, don't claim you aren't happy that more people in Texas and Florida have tested positive in recent days. Nobody here was making daily updates on California or New York and attacking those two governors, since we all know that there is very little they could do to stop the spread. Even on total lockdowns the spread was worse than what it is today.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-15 22:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

EvErYoNe In FoRidA aNd TeXaS iS GoNnA DiE!1!

/s.
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-15 22:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not a false accusation when you post it on this thread, barely containing your glee.

Your wording shows it.

If you were really sad about the number of people who tested positive/died today, you would have worded it differently, like "It is unfortunate, but the number of people who tested positive today has increased by XXX...." or something along those lines.

Instead, you gleefully use those cases/deaths to attack Abbot and DeSantis like it's your birthday.

So, don't claim you aren't happy that more people in Texas and Florida have tested positive in recent days. Nobody here was making daily updates on California or New York and attacking those two governors, since we all know that there is very little they could do to stop the spread. Even on total lockdowns the spread was worse than what it is today.
\

Your assumptions and accusations continue to amuse, not as much as the continued cowardice of Saevel and Hideka, but funny nonetheless. I've never taken any happiness in reporting the numbers, as bad as they are. I will not be changing how I report them, but you may continue with your false accusations, along with the cowards Saevel and Hideka, which are easily dismissed.
By Viciouss 2020-07-15 22:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Also yes, we had at least two people here giving us daily updates and taking shots at Cuomo tbroughout March and April. Hell we still have people swinging and missing at Cuomo, as recently as today.

The difference today is, Abbott and Desantis had the ability to slow the spread, and they simply chose to stop, and in Desantis' case, he continues to choose not to even try.
By Prong 2020-07-15 22:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Also yes, we had at least two people here giving us daily updates and taking shots at Cuomo tbroughout March and April. Hell we still have people swinging and missing at Cuomo, as recently as today.

The difference today is, Abbott and Desantis had the ability to slow the spread, and they simply chose to stop, and in Desantis' case, he continues to choose not to even try.

I don't know exactly who you are arguing with or what about, but serious question: If Cuomo was a Republican, do you think the media would have let him off as easy over placing Covid-positive people into nursing homes with basically hordes of people with weak immune systems? I mean, the outcome of every governor who did this was disastrous, not just Cuomo.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-15 22:29:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »

EvErYoNe In FoRidA aNd TeXaS iS GoNnA DiE!1!

/s.

I need to find it, but just asking in case someone else already knows.

I read a story yesterday about how the Covid-positive numbers in FL were extremely skewed due to the VA improperly reporting like, 98% tested as positive, instead of 9.4%, which was the correct number? Now was that just some BS fake story or did I misread it somehow?

Anyone can answer, I just copied Hideka's post because it had that list on it.
By Prong 2020-07-15 22:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I also read that now, Japan is having a surge in cases. Wasn't someone just using Japan as an example of how this could be handled flawlessly?

I think this shows that humans are pretty much egotistical to think anything they can do short of finding a cure or digging holes in the ground to live in can do a damn thing to contain an airborne virus.
By Viciouss 2020-07-15 22:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

All I had seen was Florida wasn't reporting negative tests, but I never read the article.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-15 22:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

there i threw in cases per mil for ya too
By Prong 2020-07-15 22:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

All I had seen was Florida wasn't reporting negative tests, but I never read the article.

Ok I'll try to find it. I honestly don't recall the source, this poison ivy is wrecking me.
First Page 2 3 ... 32 33 34 ... 53 54 55