Coronavirus Death Toll Estimation USA

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
Coronavirus death toll estimation USA
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 53 54 55
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-14 23:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Fox news for ya
https://fox6now.com/2020/07/14/trump-administration-tells-hospitals-to-bypass-cdc-with-covid-19-data-reporting/

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/nation-politics/administration-orders-hospitals-to-bypass-the-cdc-with-key-virus-data/

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/14/21324688/white-house-covid-19-coronavirus-data-collection-cdc-bypass-trump-hhs

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html

https://politicalwire.com/2020/07/14/hospitals-ordered-to-bypass-cdc-for-reporting/

and the other one is on page 10 of the PDF:
 Cerberus.Hideka
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-14 23:11:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Trumps about to start trying to hide numbers.

Quote:
The Trump administration has ordered hospitals to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and, beginning on Wednesday, send all coronavirus patient information to a central database in Washington

https://www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/covid-19-faqs-hospitals-hospital-laboratory-acute-care-facility-data-reporting.pdf
Quote:
As of July 15, 2020, hospitals should no longer report the Covid-19 information in this document to the National Healthcare Safety Network site.

all that document said is that they need to report their covid numbers directly to mike pence's team? it doesnt say anything about not reporting it to the CDC anymore?

given the CDC seems to be inundated with workers perpetuating a bankrupt ideology from today's recent news, i think it might be an appropriate play. if your scientists are being political, can you trust them to be impartial to the data? we already caught climate scientists faking climate data to try and push climate narratives; we saw 'scientists' push fake data over hydroxychloroquine related fatalities.

i can understand the move if there is a concern of bad science, or bad data analysis - of which there has been sufficient evidence to prevent it from being ruled out.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-14 23:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

There's only one reason to change where the data goes 6 months later.

To fudge numbers.

CDC doesn't decide who or how, just takes data and reports it. Now that data will skip the CDC and go straight to the people who benefit the most from "suddenly dropping numbers"
By volkom 2020-07-14 23:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

then we'll be 1 step closer to be like china right? isn't that what we want?
[+]
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-14 23:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

To fudge numbers.

CDC doesn't decide who or how, just takes data and reports it. Now that data will skip the CDC and go straight to the people who benefit the most from "suddenly dropping numbers"

you're assuming a motive without all of the facts involved in what went into making that decision.

look back at how many times people claimed trump was doing something nefarious for nefarious reasons to be a nefarious person, and every time its come up as just more media bullshittery.

i dont think they have any intention of 'fudging numbers', and have every intention in making sure a covid death is classified as a covid death.
[+]
By Prong 2020-07-14 23:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I beg to differ. The problem with guns is they are inherently a non violent way to kill things. Well... non violent on the part of the user.

If people had to commit ACTUAL violence up close and personal, like fists, knives, clubs, quaterstaves, swords, shovels, rakes, and implements of destruction, there would be a LOT less violence.

I assume you mean to say, you feel people have "evolved" into not being able to stomach other forms of violence? Because there were tons of wars/conflicts prior to the invention of guns, actually more often than there have been since the invention of guns. The Chinese use to eat some of their fallen foes after a battle. I really don't think humans don't have it in them to carve someone up with a machete, it still happens today in some countries, quite often.

But, I do agree with Rooks' assessment, which I think he is just saying a gun (especially an automatic weapon) is simply a much more efficient way of killing more people in a shorter amount of time than say, a baseball bat.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-14 23:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Hideka said: »

To fudge numbers.

you're assuming a motive without all of the facts involved in what went into making that decision.

look back at how many times people claimed trump was doing something nefarious for nefarious reasons to be a nefarious person, and every time its come up as just more media bullshittery.

i dont think they have any intention of 'fudging numbers', and have every intention in making sure a covid death is classified as a covid death.

CDC doesn't make the call on what is a covid death. ME at the hospital does.
By Prong 2020-07-14 23:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

To fudge numbers.

CDC doesn't make the call on what is a covid death. ME at the hospital does.

Correct, but maybe they are going to do some research and edit those to show the actual cause of death?

Like I said when we talked about this earlier, it just makes no sense after hundreds of years of medical advancement that a medical examiner cannot differentiate between the actual cause of death and, "well, they had this so....it MAY have done it?"
[+]
By Viciouss 2020-07-14 23:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The hospitals can just ignore the "guidance" and continue sharing their numbers with the CDC. Its not an enforceable order.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-14 23:31:38
Link | Quote | Reply

it's simply reported data. They aren't sending the bodies.

Hospital says 1000 died > they send that data. That's the beginning and end of CDC involvement.

Only now, HHS will say what do you mean 800 people died, we only see 600 died, imagine if 400 died, wheres the paper that says 200 died, we got no report that said anyone died.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-14 23:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
The hospitals can just ignore the "guidance" and continue sharing their numbers with the CDC. Its not an enforceable order.

This is half the problem... data will be split. Neither CDC or HHS will have accurate data if hospitals "decide" to not comply... this is EXACTLY the game plan.
By Prong 2020-07-14 23:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of medical ***, does anyone know a home remedy for severe poison ivy that actually works?

Tried all the usual suspects, like calamine lotion/Benadryl/bleach...this stuff laughed at those.
By Viciouss 2020-07-14 23:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Just skin lotion, and don't scratch it.
By Prong 2020-07-14 23:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just skin lotion, and don't scratch it.

Ugh, I think I already crossed that threshold in my sleep. I awoke with oozing/bleeding spots on my ankles, probably scratched it with my other foot. Worst case I ever had.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-14 23:55:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Prong said: »
Speaking of medical ***, does anyone know a home remedy for severe poison ivy that actually works?

Tried all the usual suspects, like calamine lotion/Benadryl/bleach...this stuff laughed at those.

hot water and dawn for me if its a fresh exposure to get the oil off the skin, and then a pretty thick layer of medicated vaseline.
By Prong 2020-07-14 23:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

hot water and dawn for me if its a fresh exposure to get the oil off the skin, and then a pretty thick layer of medicated vaseline.

Hmm, I'll try that. Can't hurt.
 Cerberus.Hideka
By Cerberus.Hideka 2020-07-15 00:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I'll try that. Can't hurt.

if you have open sores, use neosporin instead; can get infected if using regular old vasaline.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-15 07:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Like I said when we talked about this earlier, it just makes no sense after hundreds of years of medical advancement that a medical examiner cannot differentiate between the actual cause of death and, "well, they had this so....it MAY have done it?"

It has to do with a "contributing factor", meaning something that while may not be a primary cause, could of contributed to the death. It's important to note whenever a person's cause of death is something that might of been preventable. Like lets say someone dies from cancer while also having an infectious disease. The body fighting that infectious disease could of weakened it sufficiently that it couldn't also fight the cancer. A person OD's on meth while also having a really high blood alcohol level, they are going to list the BAC as a contributing factor. For that reason if someone dies from a gunshot to the head while having COVID-19, they are going to list the COVID-19 as a contributing factor.

The issue here is Democrats Mayors and Governors have ordered any paperwork with COVID-19 anywhere on it to be listed as a COVID-19 "related" death to pump those numbers up. They intend to blame President Trump for creating COVID-19 and try to link the inflated death count to his name during the 2020 election.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2020-07-15 09:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Trump administration is now ordering hospitals to send coronavirus patient data to a database in Washington, DC as part of a new initiative that may bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), according to a report from The New York Times published on Tuesday. As outlined in a document posted to the website of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), hospitals are being ordered to send data directly to the administration, effective tomorrow, a move that has alarmed some within the CDC, according to The Times.

The database that will collect and store the information is referred to in the document as HHS Protect, which was built in part by data mining and predictive analytics firm Palantir. The Silicon Valley company is known most for its controversial contract work with the US military and other clandestine government agencies as well as for being co-founded and initially funded by Trump ally Peter Thiel.
From the Vox link

Peter Thiel... The fix is in.
By Viciouss 2020-07-15 09:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It definitely looks like a move to be less transparent with the public that is consistent with Trump's everyday efforts to downplay and outright ignore covid.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2020-07-15 09:59:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The Trump administration is now ordering hospitals to send coronavirus patient data to a database in Washington, DC as part of a new initiative that may bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), according to a report from The New York Times published on Tuesday.

Outlined the important part.

Now notice how the tone of the article has us mentally translating "may" into "will".

That folks is how mind control really works.
[+]
By volkom 2020-07-15 10:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

mind control starts with information control
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-15 10:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:
The Trump administration is now ordering hospitals to send coronavirus patient data to a database in Washington, DC as part of a new initiative that may bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), according to a report from The New York Times published on Tuesday.

Outlined the important part.

Now notice how the tone of the article has us mentally translating "may" into "will".

That folks is how mind control really works.

Not only that, but Trump “may” do something, according to the New York Times. Might as well not write an article at all for all that’s worth.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-15 10:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait, nobody is going to call out Eiryl for confusing Fox News as a local Fox channel station?

One is not like the other.....
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-15 10:24:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, it's like saying NBC news with WOAI4, or CBS news with KENS5, or ABC news with KSAT12 (to use San Antonio news station as examples).
By Viciouss 2020-07-15 11:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the Oklahoma governor just announced he has tested positive for covid, a day after his state hit 1,000 new cases for the first time. Another Republican that had been mirroring Trump, never wore a mask, dined out constantly, went to the Tulsa rally, just didn't care about being responsible.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-07-15 12:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

And there's Vic, celebrating somebody getting COVID because the person in question is a Republican.

I guess that, for every death, you get a tingle down your legs, don't you?
By Viciouss 2020-07-15 12:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not celebrating, but this an amusing line of attack you are attempting. I feel bad for the people of Oklahoma having such an idiot in the governors mansion, they don't have the resources to fight this virus. They don't have nearly enough hospitals or doctors to contain the current surge their leadership has brought on them.
By volkom 2020-07-15 12:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

the native american tribes will teach them how to run a state
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2020-07-15 12:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not celebrating, but this an amusing line of attack you are attempting. I feel bad for the people of Oklahoma having such an idiot in the governors mansion, they don't have the resources to fight this virus. They don't have nearly enough hospitals or doctors to contain the current surge their leadership has brought on them.

Funny how you only wax poetic on the "terrible leadership" in Republican-run areas when there are plenty of Democrat-run areas that have been slammed.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 53 54 55