Disjoined Mithra Dead, Dynamis Jueno (D) Cleared.

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Disjoined Mithra Dead, Dynamis Jueno (D) Cleared.
Disjoined Mithra Dead, Dynamis Jueno (D) Cleared.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Xenophane
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Phaedon
By Bahamut.Xenophane 2018-10-28 15:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

After reading this thread I felt like I needed to chime in as part of the leadership of Dreadnaught.

Did you see who won the parse? :D
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-28 17:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I skipped through the video and at one point you were almost double the next person, and then they caught up. How did that happen?

On BLM strat, your total damage comes down to how on top of getting first burst you are. Getting a 99k burst vs getting a 50k burst. At the beginning he was definitely pulling more first bursts than I was, then I caught a few, our other blms started catching a few, etc.

His BLM gear is a good bit better than mine. Also he was the one keeping Shattersoul up. So skipping most of a burst round to apply it will lower your total damage.
By Jetackuu 2018-10-28 17:20:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just curious: what all third party utilities are those?
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-28 17:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Windower
Main plugins/addons include -
Gearswap
equipviewer
xivhotbar
xivbar
partybuffs
enemybar
shortcuts
timers (modified config)
ja0wait (only accessible by performing konami code on windower launcher)
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-10-28 18:02:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought that last one could easily get you banned? no?
 Asura.Warusha
Server: Asura
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-10-28 18:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bans only happen when someone does something culturally inappropriate.
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2018-10-28 18:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cziella said: »
They have been gone like years before Adoulin came out, at least 3.

ah, it's been years since I played on that server. They used to be so big.
 Odin.Archaide
Server: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-10-28 18:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »

Windower
Gearswap
equipviewer
xivhotbar
xivbar
partybuffs
enemybar
shortcuts
timers (modified config)

Can you link where you got those modified timers?
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-28 18:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

They all can get you banned. All third party tools are a bannable offense. The only thing that will blatantly get you banned is POS Warping/Speed hacking.

Odin.Archaide said: »

Windower
Gearswap
equipviewer
xivhotbar
xivbar
partybuffs
enemybar
shortcuts
timers (modified config)

Can you link where you got those modified timers?

I think I based mine off Mekia's config.
Code
<settings>
    <global>
        <EnableRecast>true</EnableRecast>
        <EnableBuffs>true</EnableBuffs>
        <GraphicalMode>true</GraphicalMode>
        <ExtendText>true</ExtendText>
        <TextColoring>false</TextColoring>
        <SlimMode>true</SlimMode>
        <ShowTenths>true</ShowTenths>
        <!--One of: Alphabetical, Creation, Duration-->
        <SortType>Creation</SortType>
        <Show1HourName>true</Show1HourName>
        <HighRed>255</HighRed>
        <HighGreen>0</HighGreen>
        <HighBlue>0</HighBlue>
        <MedPercent>0.5</MedPercent>
        <MedRed>255</MedRed>
        <MedGreen>160</MedGreen>
        <MedBlue>0</MedBlue>
        <LowPercent>0.25</LowPercent>
        <LowRed>0</LowRed>
        <LowGreen>255</LowGreen>
        <LowBlue>0</LowBlue>
        <TextA>255</TextA>
        <TextR>255</TextR>
        <TextG>255</TextG>
        <TextB>255</TextB>
        <RecastLowToHigh>true</RecastLowToHigh>
        <BuffsLowToHigh>false</BuffsLowToHigh>
        <CustomLowToHigh>false</CustomLowToHigh>
        <BGA>128</BGA>
        <BGR>0</BGR>
        <BGG>0</BGG>
        <BGB>0</BGB>
        <RecastFlashDuration>2</RecastFlashDuration>
        <BuffsFlashDuration>2</BuffsFlashDuration>
        <CustomFlashDuration>2</CustomFlashDuration>
        <FlashR>255</FlashR>
        <FlashG>255</FlashG>
        <FlashB>0</FlashB>
        <FontName>Arial</FontName>
        <FontSize>10</FontSize>
        <FontBold>false</FontBold>
        <BarSpacing>0</BarSpacing>
        <RecastTimerLimit>10</RecastTimerLimit>
        <BuffsTimerLimit>10</BuffsTimerLimit>
        <CustomTimerLimit>10</CustomTimerLimit>
        <RecastX>20</RecastX>
        <RecastY>350</RecastY>
        <BuffsX>250</BuffsX>
        <BuffsY>350</BuffsY>
        <CustomX>480</CustomX>
        <CustomY>350</CustomY>
        <!--If true, only items on the recast/buff lists will be displayed-->
        <WhitelistMode>false</WhitelistMode>
        <!--List of ability names to display recasts for if in whitelistMode and to exclude otherwise-->
        <AbilityRecastFilter />
        <!--List of spell names to display recasts for if in whitelistMode and to exclude otherwise-->
        <SpellRecastFilter />
        <!--List of ability names to display buffs for if in whitelistMode and to exclude otherwise-->
        <AbilityBuffFilter />
        <!--List of spell names to display buffs for if in whitelistMode and to exclude otherwise-->
        <SpellBuffFilter />
        <!--If true will show a font outline-->
        <Stroke>true</Stroke>
    </global>
</settings>
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-10-28 19:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
On bahamut I run a huge social shell, from that shell I have seen 3 successful LS breaknoff and break Aeonic wall.

No offense, but the Aeonic wall was mostly broken by 2 years of gear creep, 2 nerfs, and conduit being buffed to stupid as *** levels. Even after all this time, conduit is still being used by almost all the shells in Bahamut as the go to when it should be wwwwaaaaaaaaay easier to kill them in other ways, much like Eminence Lak, Inquisition, and Blame Mochi did before all the nerfs, when they were 'hard.'

That being said Dreadnaught is doing very well and is starting to move away from cheese strats.

Yes the wave3 bosses are nothing like what Tumult Curator was before the nerfs when it was literally only killed 3 times in 1.5 years, but killing all the volte mobs and 8 circles and getting to the boss with enough time is not necessarily easy. They should be proud of their 1st win, even though this content isn't considered to be 'super difficult' like other things when they were released.

Afania said: »
For many years, on this forum Bahamut has a bad rep of only having 2 big endgame ls, which siphoned all the endgame ready player and blocked endgame access from majority of player That's not in it.

This statement is wrong. Inquisition started from scratch in 2015. we had quit for 2 years. So although the shell existed, It was empty. The core players who returned to the game were pretty good so they attracted more like skilled people.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-10-28 20:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

They all can get you banned. All third party tools are a bannable offense. The only thing that will blatantly get you banned is POS Warping/Speed hacking.
Sliding on the ground while getting raised and casting while running without changing gear are just as blatant.

There is a world of a difference between the child plugins you mention and JA0wait. It's called a 72h suspension (or a perma if you're a slow learner).

People seem to be more accepting of "actual" cheating these days, but be careful, it would be very easy to hit you with this video and what you said just now. Would take 15min in fact.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-28 20:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: »
Even after all this time, conduit is still being used by almost all the shells in Bahamut as the go to when it should be wwwwaaaaaaaaay easier to kill them in other ways

Easier? I don't think so, conduit is basically foolproof.

Faster? Maybe, curious to see. I can buff at entrance, run to ???, conduit, kill, warp, reset 1hr, and get back to entrance in 8 minutes. Do you have a strategy that can kill all T4 that quickly counting time for job changes..?
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-10-28 20:19:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Sliding on the ground while getting raised and casting while running without changing gear are just as blatant.

There is a world of a difference between the child plugins you mention and JA0wait. It's called a 72h suspension (or a perma if you're a slow learner).

People seem to be more accepting of "actual" cheating these days, but be careful, it would be very easy to hit you with this video and what you said just now. Would take 15min in fact.

This is effectively fear mongering. There are at least a hundred bots running every night on Asura grinding JP or Sparks. It's very obvious and blatant. Nobody is getting banned. The current mantra for SE seems to be as long as you aren't directly taking actions to hurt other players it's whatever.
[+]
By ForteGSX 2018-10-28 20:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Xenophane said: »
After reading this thread I felt like I needed to chime in as part of the leadership of Dreadnaught.

Did you see who won the parse? :D

Espa did in mah <3
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-10-28 20:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »

This is effectively fear mongering. There are at least a hundred bots running every night on Asura grinding JP or Sparks. It's very obvious and blatant. Nobody is getting banned. The current mantra for SE seems to be as long as you aren't directly taking actions to hurt other players it's whatever.
I don't really know what kind of mentality people have on Asura outside of the shouts I see when I go there for shopping but on my server, most people use those "blatant" cheats and brag about it. When you tell them there is nothing to brag about, they just stop talking and ask you to be quiet about it.

Nobody report anyone, people just support each other on using crutches and botting most of what they do. They then congratulate each other when they get 0,1% on their Escutcheon after getting back from groceries. And so on.

I don't mean to diminish what these guys have done, though.

I don't know, when I see people like this guy it makes me want to go back and just hammer him for being stupid. I'm all for defending yourself when attacked on something but sometimes people really need to learn to admit they're still using training wheels on their bike. It's ok, we all use crutches here and there, there is no shame in admitting it.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-28 20:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

This statement is wrong. Inquisition started from scratch in 2015. we had quit for 2 years. So although the shell existed, It was empty. The core players who returned to the game were pretty good so they attracted more like skilled people.

Saevel was the one who claimed big LS blocked endgame access so they had to move, not I. I don't know exactly which LS he refers to but I guess it's probably E Lak based on the time he was on the server.

Elazer was another person who complained about "only 2 endgame ls" on these forum, so it's probably in the 2017 era.

Either way, I think they are not wrong about it in 2015 to 2017 era, that Bahamut had slightly lower endgame ls count but bigger size than some other server. I mean, my "aeonic ls" in 2016 blm era had like 8 real people and a bunch of mules, lol. But there were at least 5ish english speaking group with aeonic clears. And even a group of mule army ls with 4-6 boxers that can clear aeonic counted as 1 ls that time.
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-10-28 21:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Bahamut.Lexouritis said: ยป
Even after all this time, conduit is still being used by almost all the shells in Bahamut as the go to when it should be wwwwaaaaaaaaay easier to kill them in other ways

Faster? Maybe, curious to see. I can buff at entrance, run to ???, conduit, kill, warp, reset 1hr, and get back to entrance in 8 minutes. Do you have a strategy that can kill all T4 that quickly counting time for job changes..?

Well I meant more so that it is much easier to kill them nowadays with traditional methods then it was ~3 years ago (with traditional methods) instead of still needing to resort to conduit to win. (which probably 95% of the groups that do aeonics still do, and no not because of speed, but because they can't do it any other way or unwilling to try other ways because of the broken nature of conduit)
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-10-28 21:18:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Saevel was the one who claimed big LS blocked endgame access so they had to move, not I. I don't know exactly which LS he refers to but I guess it's probably E Lak based on the time he was on the server.

He's probably talking about Enigma, which was a huge Ls that split due to, as far as i understand it from what I was told, half the group was a bunch of hackers and there was internal leader drama because of it. A large part of the Ls jumped to Asura to avoid a banstick that was going around. (not saying this is true, this is what I was told by parties on both sides) They pretty much controlled everything in Bahamut from Delve/SoA until the beginning of the Vagary era and had most of the end game capable players, at least until we pretty much started playing again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-28 22:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That being said Dreadnaught is doing very well and is starting to move away from cheese strats.

Already killing everything with melee/mages.

Once in a while we'll bring them out if we don't have full support available or we're trying to 5-man something. I actually despise doing Erinys with thfs/cors. We've done it several times, but it's literally the worst experience. Even stacking CORs for resets/more savage blades.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-28 22:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lexouritis said: ยป

Well I meant more so that it is much easier to kill them nowadays with traditional methods then it was ~3 years ago (with traditional methods) instead of still needing to resort to conduit to win. (which probably 95% of the groups that do aeonics still do, and no not because of speed, but because they can't do it any other way or unwilling to try other ways because of the broken nature of conduit)

Today with full support, it's super easy to melee burn almost everything. Very few fights need actual coordination. Buff up and spam Resolution, that's the way she goes.

Having a steady stream of well-augmented Reisenjima, cheap HQ abjuration gear, AF and Relic +3s, cheap REMAs makes it so you can afford the gear to roll anything in this game.

Way different than some of these original kills I watched while putting our strategies together.
By Jetackuu 2018-10-28 23:27:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So much smn hate.
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2018-10-29 03:09:51
Link | Quote | Reply

People are being rude about it because rather than post a simple screenshot like everyone else, they made a thread and add in arrogant nonsense like 'second EN linkshell on Bahamut' and 'only 5 attempts'.

They are probably not even in the first 100 groups overall to clear, and it's not like Delve or Aeonic or Master Trial where there was a difficulty barrier. It was beaten in the first week. Shout groups can win this if they have something near a reasonable setup, the bosses are completely harmless and the fetters require only minimal organization(or can be sacced out completely).

It's cool they won, but they'd have gotten a much different response if they had simply posted a screenshot or at least left out the self-hype. 'We finally beat Dyna-Jeuno, we're pumped! Here's a video if anyone wants to look at it!' sounds a lot better than 'SECOND EN CLEAR BAHAMUT! ONLY TOOK 5 TRIES!'.
Or people can just congrats and move on. If you dont like someone killed something because you weren't in on it or merc'd stuff doesn't mean you need to post if dont like it skip over it. Comment is for anyone who cant just say congrats over zomg it's not hard content. I need to see the post that says ***on everyone when you dont like a post over skipping to the next post. Congrats on the clear guys.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-10-29 03:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

it comes from the accessibility of the gear to do it.

This so much. People frenquently forgot how it feels to do endgame when all of your connections from social ls has little to no endgame experience/gears/jobs or even motivation, and all the people with endgame experience/gear/job already have groups, or left for Asura.

I personally think it's quite an accomplishment knowing the resource they had.

I agree with pretty much all you've said on this topic. So many people don't know the difference between participating in content and having to organize content. They'll post about how everything is easy when they rode someone else's coat tails all the way up, and berate lesser geared players for not having their good fortune, when often times they'd have never gotten it done without the hard work and dedication of 2 or 3 (sometimes even just 1) leader.

Frankly, if you're the kind that participated, but still understood every detail of what was being done, and why, and you weren't pretty much carried through it; you're the exception, not the rule.
[+]
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-10-29 04:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say there's really is a switch in player mentality (well on Asura its getting out of proportion) I'm for some reason a sackholder in Redditls (its ok, you can giggle) and yesterday the subject of gilbuying came up and I actually was one of the very few who wasnt ok with it while most of our members were pretty much laughing with us for not buying gil...

I'm not even gonna start on the massive amount of bots on Asura, nor all the people using anchor.
....yeah Assura...sometimes I miss Leviathan.

Also grats on win! We beat Sandy this week. Wish we could win without saccing though. As a WHM I find saccing quite boring lol.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-29 04:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya know, it was cool when I was the only one (of the few) that was BLATANTLY botting lol.

I went for giggles to check the camp I used to use. There were 6 *** different bots fighting over mobs in one tiny *** spot. That's HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

You got 2 sparks wearing anons fighting over single bomb pops in garliage, like come the *** on lul. Absolutely shameless.

Like, it was bad when CP came out but this is the botpocalypse

Far as the RMT thing, obviously I'm biased, but its a lot easier to earn $100 than it is to farm your first 100m without botting so it's not ever gonna stop. P2W isn't a choice, it's a way of life in the 20teens.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-29 05:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vienner said: »
Wish we could win without saccing though. As a WHM I find saccing quite boring lol.

This, bro. We had to sac 3 fetters to ensure we had like 50min on clock so nothing would go wrong during the boss. Our DPS is going up though, BLM AoE is really strong on those mobs.
 Asura.Vienner
By Asura.Vienner 2018-10-29 06:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Wish we could win without saccing though. As a WHM I find saccing quite boring lol.

This, woman. We had to sac 3 fetters to ensure we had like 50min on clock so nothing would go wrong during the boss. Our DPS is going up though, BLM AoE is really strong on those mobs.
fixed that for you
By Jetackuu 2018-10-29 14:54:55
Link | Quote | Reply

....yeah Assura

You know you could just come hang out with me. :/
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-10-29 15:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say there's really is a switch in player mentality (well on Asura its getting out of proportion) I'm for some reason a sackholder in Redditls (its ok, you can giggle) and yesterday the subject of gilbuying came up and I actually was one of the very few who wasnt ok with it while most of our members were pretty much laughing with us for not buying gil...

I'm not even gonna start on the massive amount of bots on Asura, nor all the people using anchor.
....yeah Assura...sometimes I miss Leviathan.

Also grats on win! We beat Sandy this week. Wish we could win without saccing though. As a WHM I find saccing quite boring lol.
Honestly, I've always felt terrible issuing a suspension or perma for someone for gil buying.
I used to avoid doing it until I was scolded by a SGM.

As a player, it never bothered me that people bought gils. It never stopped me from doing anything. Now that I'm older, I actually understand people who may have bought gils, being a stable adult with disposable income, not much time on your hands to play, you just want to enjoy, I don't know, why not?

As a GM, it was VERY annoying but for a different reason. You'd hunt RMTs for 8h30 a day, they'd be doing stuff that you wouldn't even think of, I'd be calculating how much money they made per day per character and I was like "HOOOOOOOLY ***". They didn't even need the economy from us, players, to make ANY of their money. It was unreal.
And while you do that, people ask you if X is cheating or not, there are calls of harassment, people report being compromised and so on, and you can't help them.

Also, especially nowadays, I know a lot of people who wouldn't play if they couldn't just, simply, enjoy the game. Like, work their *** getting an abjuration or an item but then RMT the money to upgrade them, or to buy a cursed -1. I don't know, it's really grey to me, not as black and white as cheating.

But I understand there is no right and wrong here.
[+]