users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dev Tracker - Discussion
Dev Tracker - Discussion
First Page 2 3 ... 213 214 215 ... 431 432 433
By Draylo 2021-07-06 17:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Fighting Bumba with 4 DD's using Naegling is exciting and fun.

DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.

Thats some quality content.
YouTube Video Placeholder

Tell me about it.

What exactly are we seeing different here from what he said?
By joemamma 2021-07-06 17:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
Asura.Essylt said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
No content roadmaps
That's actually not entirely true, they did share some plans a month or so ago.

SE: "We can't share specifics right now" lol

Too busy working on Leafkin Beds.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-07-06 19:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Static mobs are fine on direct drop content, where the more you bring, the more you have to split up the rewards. But unless there was an RP penalty for groups above 6, even if you removed the 3 job requirements and potential multiple fights, it's too exploitable for this style of reward system.

This was the same song and dance with Omen and then they moved it to alliance-based content. The servers didn't explode and it didn't rain blood 40 days and nights. Instead, it allowed people to bring their friends/Mules and enjoy the content with casuals. Imagine that... People enjoying the game... with their friends. How dare SE do this to people...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-06 20:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Static mobs are fine on direct drop content, where the more you bring, the more you have to split up the rewards. But unless there was an RP penalty for groups above 6, even if you removed the 3 job requirements and potential multiple fights, it's too exploitable for this style of reward system.

This was the same song and dance with Omen and then they moved it to alliance-based content. The servers didn't explode and it didn't rain blood 40 days and nights. Instead, it allowed people to bring their friends/Mules and enjoy the content with casuals. Imagine that... People enjoying the game... with their friends. How dare SE do this to people...

Truly depends on what you call "enjoying". I'm sure for many it meant that- for others, changing Omen to 18 man content was the end of that being serious content.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-07-06 21:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

it didn't rain blood 40 days and nights.
:'(
[+]
By joemamma 2021-07-06 21:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe I'm in the minority but I like being able to do things with pick up groups. No I'm not going to log on every Thursday at 8 pm or whatever to do content.

Doing Odyssey notorious monsters is not very pick up group friendly.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-06 21:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I find it more entertaining to do pug stuff.

It's unfun to plan your entire experience in advance and follow the script. Day after day, week after week.

....but it's also incredibly frustrating when you run into people that still manage to *** up simple tasks.

it's healthy to do some of both. play with new people, attempt to actually enjoy more than the same 5 people all day every day. play outside the meta. do more than farm gil.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-07-06 22:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno if this goes here but the We Remember Vanadial and We Illustrate Vanadiel is cool as ***
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-06 22:13:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There's probably some good stuff in that new post. Gogo translate.

https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/

* Part 1 Part 2 will be released on July 14, 2021
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-06 22:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

New expansion cmon!
By alzeerffxi 2021-07-06 22:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

In preparation for the 20th Vana'versary of FINAL FANTASY XI, we are pleased to announced the launch of the We Are Vana'diel website! This site will serve as a hub for a variety of information leading up to the 20th Vana'verasary in the next year.

This site includes snippets not just from the development and operations teams, but players as well, and aims to provide a comprehensive one-stop shop for all manner of FFXI content. Whether you are a current or former adventurer in the world of Vana'diel, you'll be able to find absolutely anything related to the 20th Vana'versary!

sounds like a classic and retail + expansion maybe with a graphical and ui changes too, since there is a new ffxi logo
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-07-06 22:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

WHO IS THIS GUY?? I WANNA FIGHT A HUMANOID THAT BIG. PW?

[+]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2021-07-06 22:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

nega-selh'teus, obvs
[+]
By alzeerffxi 2021-07-06 22:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

shadow lord or proamthia concept art, Seltheus is the COP BOXART
[+]
By Oragel 2021-07-06 22:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I’d say Ifrit concept art.
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-07-06 23:06:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
There's probably some good stuff in that new post. Gogo translate.

https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/

* Part 1 Part 2 will be released on July 14, 2021

It's in English too, click the lines on the top right then EN is there.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-06 23:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I may or may not be completely blind and/or it's being blocked by an addon

I found it, https://we-are-vanadiel.finalfantasyxi.com/?lang=en
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-07-06 23:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't appear unless you scroll down a tick. It's there on mobile anyway.
 Bahamut.Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-07-06 23:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I may or may not be completely blind and/or it's being blocked by an addon
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-06 23:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

joemamma said: »

It might not be, but they are giving everybody who participates free RP, for even failing. I have never seen an event in FFXI that rewards you for losing so similarly to winning. You just have to do it the way they asked you to do it.

If the complaint is that it's difficult for PUGs to complete Odyssey bosses, then sure (Why wouldn't it be?). But they did say that it would be difficulty scaled and harder for less experienced groups, and more solid groups would get more benefit from higher difficulty. Idk, seems like a really jank thing to complain about. You can lose a dozen Bumbas and still cap a couple of pieces of Nyame. Wipe your tears in free RP. Odyssey is probably the last thing you should be complaining about is non-PUG friendly.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-06 23:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So, the whole History page of the We Are Vana'Diel website is basically The History of FFXI page from BG wiki, with Tweet links to it and some additional commentary.

Did they hit you with a paycheck for that, Funk? XD
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-07-06 23:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So, the whole History page of the We Are Vana'Diel website is basically The History of FFXI page from BG wiki, with Tweet links to it and some additional commentary.

Did they hit you with a paycheck for that, Funk? XD

Lol nope. I was salty at first, but then I realized it's an incredibly gimp version. I'll have to run through theirs tomorrow to make sure I didn't miss anything.
[+]
By joemamma 2021-07-07 00:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

History of FFXI:

It all began with a troll yell on Asura or so the legends says...
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-07 00:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

History of FFXI:

It all began with a troll yell on Asura or so the legends says...

People think some random drunk or person with mental health issues yelling on a video game is somehow exclusive to Asura or caused by Asura's population still?

Jesus. Get over it. There are many games with much worse chat. The main current issues with Asura's yells are as such:

1. the blacklist doesn't work when you zone

2. some people get away with serious yells for FAR too long even when reported by multiple people because GMs are nearly non-existent to the point where it takes hours to get help with anything that a GM can't solve with a "please report this on the FFXI official STF report page" generic reply. I RARELY see someone actively being disruptive to the point where it looks like they are looking for a ban by using profanity/racism/sexual things though.

3. SE lets merc yell botter accounts exist for far too long. The advertisements for blatantly obvious botted stuff REALLY should have been addressed, but see problem 2 for that. STF doesn't exist. Prove me wrong with non-made up numbers from SE about "gil they removed from the game" fake info they spout.

4. Free-to-play exists and yells get seriously worse because people are not giving a *** on accounts they didn't pay for and don't care to lose

If we had real active GMs 24/7 that policed yell actively, RMT botters were nuked quicker than they could make JP farming bots to advertise for, and free-to-play was never a thing, yell would be much better.

This is not an "Asura" thing. It's any unsupervised online chat anywhere; especially free-to-play.

FFS. Is it just "fun" to say "Asura. Hur hur". Must be the same "fun" people have when saying "backwater server" or "ghost town server". You backwater servers keep existing though. We love that you exist because there has to be some servers active where Asura players can pay to travel when they want to farm an Empyrean Weapon without competition or where people can take a bunch of stuff off-world to off-load it for profits on barren Auction Houses.

[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-07-07 01:51:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

It might not be, but they are giving everybody who participates free RP, for even failing. I have never seen an event in FFXI that rewards you for losing so similarly to winning. You just have to do it the way they asked you to do it.

If the complaint is that it's difficult for PUGs to complete Odyssey bosses, then sure (Why wouldn't it be?). But they did say that it would be difficulty scaled and harder for less experienced groups, and more solid groups would get more benefit from higher difficulty. Idk, seems like a really jank thing to complain about. You can lose a dozen Bumbas and still cap a couple of pieces of Nyame. Wipe your tears in free RP. Odyssey is probably the last thing you should be complaining about is non-PUG friendly.

Not sure you are getting the point on why people hate Oddy. It is 6 man content with the best gear in the game. People are being left out for many reasons besides being scared to lose (Unable to play every day, no points, don't have the jobs or gear to get in, etc).

The whole making your own group is thrown out the window on this one as people don't like losing battles because of losing points and would rather go with exp. players. Those Exp. players are usually in set groups with mules because they rather have more control of the situation (which isn't a bad thing as it makes sense). Also, Not many people have V15 access for Tier 3/4, especially on small servers and if they do more than likely they aren't going to go back to spam points for people once they cap.

This pill would be much easier to swallow if it was 18 man content. You wouldn't be able to do the 3x kill method, They could reduce points gained, increase mobs stats or make it every alliance eats up another moglaphoneII etc.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-07-07 02:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Nariont said: »
To me its really just lazy design, with either little to no knowledge or care about the current state of a players dmg ceiling with topped out buffs. They seemingly only recently figured out how strong GEO bubbles are, but its too late to scale back their potency without outcry, so the alternative is to just handicap it, potentially always going forward.

This bleeds into WS sets, or really just sets in general, they had to keep introducing new content that can be navigated quickly, often with low shelf life because of that, and you need new gear to entice people to do that content, so you keep raising the bar, without raising the content to match. I'm wondering what they can do going forward to keep things engaging that isnt just additional handicaps to buffs and/or debuffs.
The obvious answer is to expand the range in which gear can be improved both vertically and horizontally. Or, in other words, release an update/expansion that both increases the level/ilvl cap on mobs and, potentially, loot as well as massively adjusts jobs to allow new ways of optimizing them.

Unfortunately, unless some of the more wild theories about the 20th anniversary are correct, that's not going to happen in the foreseeable future.
 Sylph.Herbs
user: JoeRogan
By Sylph.Herbs 2021-07-07 07:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
July Performance ・Adjust drawing for certain GPUs

Vague as possible.
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-07 08:10:08
Link | Quote | Reply

One can hope it's a fix for the awful performance on 30xx cards.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-07 08:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

God I hope so. Get awful tuttering and lag in Adoulin and Batallia Downs and a few other places.
First Page 2 3 ... 213 214 215 ... 431 432 433