First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 436 437 438
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 11:25:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I do wish they would raise the metals/fibers/armor vouchers/capes+mats caps

It's fine if you've been going for months, but now that nothing new is added, it would be nice for new accounts to be able to catch up faster.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-05 12:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Not how SE works. Time gate all the things! (except for the things that can be merc'd to keep mercs and people that only pay for merc'd items subscribing because subs pay SE's electricity bill).

I suppose it could be worse. We could have lootcrates. Locking those good new weapons behind a lottery is as close to that as we have now I think.

Anyhoo, back on topic of new HTBF. I guess Shinryu maybe? Twilight stuff hasn't been updated in a while. Maybe they are holding back on that until some new level 150 Abyssea or something though.

What other HTBF options could there be?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-05 12:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Provenance Watcher, Cloud of Darkness, Bahamut, Siren, and the mini-Expansion bosses are all reasonable possibilities. They could also start doing HTBC battles for more esoteric stuff, like Mercenary Camp.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 12:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

There was another thread specifically for that, but, as far as what's still open.

They've got a lot of options, and anything could be turned into a new HTB.

ACP ASA AMK are really good targets (amk is an ambuscade, I guess) Bahamut, Apoc Nigh, are the only good candidates

Ger got it pretty much. Nothing really stopping them from turning anything into a HTB too, it doesn't have to be an existing battle iGarbaged
By Rips 2021-07-05 12:58:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambu is tedious, but you know there’s people out there that have 4 maxed out characters that can do D - VD on most months and bring in mules for the fillable slots and just bank.

And of course there’s people automating it.

Tedious to the core. I couldn’t do it. I barely cap ambu every month and I have an IGeo.
 Asura.Shermansmith
By Asura.Shermansmith 2021-07-05 14:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know who was selling what in the recent July update vendor glitch?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 14:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Quote:
[Update Details]
To address an issue, the following items were removed from the item list of the NPC "Curio Vendor Moogle" in Port San d'Oria, Port Bastok, and Port Windurst.

Max-Potion / Ether / Boiled Crab / Persikos au Lait
[+]
By joemamma 2021-07-05 15:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
[Update Details]
To address an issue, the following items were removed from the item list of the NPC "Curio Vendor Moogle" in Port San d'Oria, Port Bastok, and Port Windurst.

Max-Potion / Ether / Boiled Crab / Persikos au Lait

Damn I was just about to purchase 10 million boiled crabs too.
By joemamma 2021-07-05 16:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The real question is what color for the new armor/weapons the most important thing.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-05 16:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yellow
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-07-05 18:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought purple + black combo was the only color armor in the world now according to SE?
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-07-05 18:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aeonova said: »
I understand the arguments for it, but they can't really change my mind that it is a ***system due to the limitations and resets. If everything was available in unlimited quantity all the time as well as every battlefield option so far being available like Beastmen(etc) Seal NM Orb fights so you could pick what was good for your setup, that would make it highly more desirable. I really dislike when an entire month is wasted because you don't have a desirable job geared.
This is a terrible idea and further proof that most players know jack ***about game design. If you could have your pick of the fights, people would just locate the easiest one and do nothing but that all day, every day. There would also be a designated "best" job setup for it, and if you don't have one of those geared, you'd be screwed over permanently and not just for a month.
And yes, there should be "bad months", because they force people to actually use their heads and come up with different strategies for once instead tank&spanking everything with RUN COR WHM BRD DDx2.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-05 20:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly really enjoy Ambuscade and I think its been the glue holding things together for a long time now. They should create more things like it, maybe some HTB that are "surged" like WOE and rotate, giving better rewards. It's always fun when you have to change your strategies up and use different jobs.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-05 20:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Rips said: »
Ambu is tedious, but you know there’s people out there that have 4 maxed out characters that can do D - VD on most months and bring in mules for the fillable slots and just bank.

Tedious to the core. I couldn’t do it. I barely cap ambu every month and I have an IGeo.

I kinda find this odd, what do you even find fun in the game then? This is content that rotates every month and you can play different jobs for it each time that are optimal, for the most part. It is a way to generate currency for new weapons or Gil. I don't see any downsides to it that make it tedious.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-07-05 20:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fighting Bumba with 4 DD's using Naegling is exciting and fun.

DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.
DD1 uses Savage Blade.
DD2 uses Savage Blade.
DD3 uses Savage Blade.
DD4 uses Savage Blade.

Thats some quality content.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-05 20:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

DD1 isn't wsing fast enough to earn the title of DD1 regardless whatever DD2 3 and 4 are
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-07-05 21:37:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea - Not much is right with current ffxi

Unable to join groups to do events with due to either party spots being filled with Mules, Skill level difference, or being on a ghost town server. Ambu is pretty bland now as it's only Gil for vets. No 18 man content while 6 man content holds the best gear in the game(terrible game design for an MMO). Savage blade everything. Inventory still being a major cockblock in leveling new jobs. No content roadmaps and SE has no intention of discussing this with their player base whatsoever. Don't even get me started with super cool weapons being locked behind a Lottery.
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2021-07-05 21:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
No content roadmaps
That's actually not entirely true, they did share some plans a month or so ago.
By Felgarr 2021-07-05 21:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
No content roadmaps
That's actually not entirely true, they did share some plans a month or so ago.

SE: "We can't share specifics right now" lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-07-05 21:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
SE: "We can't share specifics right now" lol

SE: Please look forward to it
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
By Asura.Essylt 2021-07-05 21:51:49
Link | Quote | Reply

They did mention that the big feature planned for this year is Job Points 2.0 and next year is empy armor reforge and w/e big announcement they have been teasing for the 20th anniversary.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2021-07-05 21:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Essylt said: »
They did mention that the big feature planned for this year is Job Points 2.0 and next year is empy armor reforge and w/e big announcement they have been teasing for the 20th anniversary.

Roadmaps give proper dates on when we should expect content. Please look forward to it, it will be out eventually gets old when they been spouting these changes for half a year already.
By Draylo 2021-07-05 23:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sadly the company doesn't expend almost any resources for the game, shame on them. The mule thing is really a silent killer, and has been for a while. The WS spamming has been around for decades, people always default to the easiest strategy, nothing new there. Before it was with Alexander and now its not even needed lol. Thankfully not every single fight is like that, but most have become that way. Main reason I hate gear like this Nyame and Naegling, no idea why they have gone so far into broken territory but maybe they have something big coming.
[+]
By Rips 2021-07-06 01:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Draylo said: »
Rips said: »

I kinda find this odd, what do you even find fun in the game then? This is content that rotates every month and you can play different jobs for it each time that are optimal, for the most part. It is a way to generate currency for new weapons or Gil. I don't see any downsides to it that make it tedious.

I guess I was mostly being facetious reading back on it. I do recognize its importance.

What I really find tedious is trying to make pickup groups work. I need a static with some friends.
By Draylo 2021-07-06 02:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, thats probably the best way to enjoy the game atm. Sad part is that most of them are like you said, multi-boxers who don't want to include others to hurt their bottom line. Kind of a sad state atm, but not sure what can be done to reverse it. Everyone rushing so they can just sit in town.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-06 08:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

That post doesn't have anything to do with Dev tracker discussion. Confused as to why it's included here.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-06 08:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the point was supposed to be power creep, but missed the mark

Possibly wrong thread though too
By Nariont 2021-07-06 09:08:52
Link | Quote | Reply

To me its really just lazy design, with either little to no knowledge or care about the current state of a players dmg ceiling with topped out buffs. They seemingly only recently figured out how strong GEO bubbles are, but its too late to scale back their potency without outcry, so the alternative is to just handicap it, potentially always going forward.

This bleeds into WS sets, or really just sets in general, they had to keep introducing new content that can be navigated quickly, often with low shelf life because of that, and you need new gear to entice people to do that content, so you keep raising the bar, without raising the content to match. I'm wondering what they can do going forward to keep things engaging that isnt just additional handicaps to buffs and/or debuffs.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-07-06 09:27:41
Link | Quote | Reply

If you actually look at the stats in the post, the point appears to be that mixed sets are still better than Nyame. However, given the poster, it's really just an excuse to make something about him.

That said, this is only true for purely physical WS anyway. For magical or hybrid WS, nyame blows nearly everything away unequivocably.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 436 437 438