Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-07 04:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Charlottie said:
Blazza said:
Well I gotta admit I'm impressed, but I would have thought that a decent party could still do better on mamool, considering I've gotten 30k there without even really chaining.

leave the thread and return whenceforth you came, to the realm of odin, troll!

I was being serious <_< My last party there (mamool above bird camp) we capped out at around chain 10 (Only my second ever merit party on brd, so kinda sucked at pulling), and we were sitting on just over 28k, so I'm really interested to know what peoples max exp/hr is there, at either of the mamool ja staging point camps or at mamook secret room.
 Ramuh.Konoko
Server: Ramuh
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-10-07 04:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryukuro said:
Dud
Ironguy said:
Vegetto said:
Get a gorget, swift belt, pole grip

That, and don't emphasize on riceball builds on anything outside of birds, because that's when you'd be swapping between both polearm and katana, and let's just say riceball builds with a katana don't work as good as intended.

Even then on birds, last I recall the statistics, you need Shogun(HQ) Riceballs to begin with for a riceball build to even compare to crab sushi/meat mithkabobs on those, which the HQ aren't exactly a common thing to come by.

Well sorry, but you're wrong i use polearm on almost everything (besides Gods, HNM etc of course) and no, you do not need shogun, tonosama balls do the trick fine, when using the rice ball set i guarantee i do more dmg on almost everything with penta thrust than i do with YGK, i know ive tested it FOR MONTHS ON END i know what im talking about, go test the ***yourself before running your mouth acting like you know it all. Does not have to be on birds to be effective. And yes i use pole grip sometimes, and yes i would use a shadow gorget if i could get my last yovra organ and yes i would use a swift belt if the NM dropped one for me (0/14 yay im lucky!)

Using sushi/meat/curry buns etc with normal penta gear doesnt even compare to using riceball gera with tonosama balls, and tbh i dont give a ***if you dont believe me, ive tested it myself against a full usukane, 8/8 merits in pole, cuch mantle sam/war with Tomoe using sushi and curry buns and he averaged 900-1k pentas while i had no cuch mantle, not using any usukane just using tonosama balls with riceball set and i averaged 1700+ easily, carry on all you like about what you think you know but you sir know fk all, take care now bye bye then!

You use Potent Belt when TPing.

You're probably basing this off eyeballing everything, with no actual parsing. What a good way to "test" like you say. Good job.

Tool.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 08:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yovra organs are hard to get these days?
 Kujata.Argettio
Server: Kujata
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-10-07 08:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

So a average geared SAM eating rice balls averages over 700-800 more on WS than a well geared SAM eating decent attack food.

OK...

I smell the potent combination of eyeballing and BS.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 08:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hurray for 2.2k penta average, 700 over my highest colibri pt average. Gl w/ that. I smell ***.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-07 08:59:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Charlottie said:
Blazza said:
Well I gotta admit I'm impressed, but I would have thought that a decent party could still do better on mamool, considering I've gotten 30k there without even really chaining.

I was being serious <_< My last party there (mamool above bird camp) we capped out at around chain 10 (Only my second ever merit party on brd, so kinda sucked at pulling), and we were sitting on just over 28k, so I'm really interested to know what peoples max exp/hr is there, at either of the mamool ja staging point camps or at mamook secret room.
My last party at that camp we got chain 80 before someone DC'd. >.> Maybe you just suck at keeping chains?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 09:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Blazza said:
Charlottie said:
Blazza said:

My last party at that camp we got chain 80 before someone DC'd. >.> Maybe you just suck at keeping chains?

If you kill too fast, you have to wait on repops and will lose chain while you wait.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-07 09:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

It also helps to have a puller that knows what they're doing and can snag birds from down below as well as the Mamool up top.

Really though... I think this topic's about done. >.> There are only a few Polearm at 75 that you should even consider using. If you're not using them... Don't bother using some gimp piece of junk. Just use an Onimaru or something if you're that cheap. lol
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 09:19:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody wants to snag birds in a mamool party. You use real food in a mamool party, not just cheap kabobs. I'd go afk if I was in a mamool party that pulled a bird. They're not snatching my pizza+1
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-07 09:21:19
Link | Quote | Reply

*Shrugs.* They generally don't get a chance to steal my food even if we're at the middle or bottom camp. :P
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 09:22:49
Link | Quote | Reply

*** that, I go through 3-4 stacks of kabobs in a 1-2hr merit on birds, no way I'm risking the good food. If you wanna steal birds from the group below, just jump in their camp and push them out so I can fulltime kabobs, not just take the occasional bird.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-07 10:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Blazza said:
Charlottie said:
Blazza said:

Did you happen to read anything I wrote after the first half sentence? Vegetto answered my question on that camp anyway, not enough mobs, what about mamool ja staging point camps or mamook?
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-07 10:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
*Shrugs.* They generally don't get a chance to steal my food even if we're at the middle or bottom camp. :P

Can be easily taken that you don't have hate enough for said food snatching to happen.

Vegetto said:
*** that, I go through 3-4 stacks of kabobs in a 1-2hr merit on birds, no way I'm risking the good food. If you wanna steal birds from the group below, just jump in their camp and push them out so I can fulltime kabobs, not just take the occasional bird.

This. And usually more on WAR cuz I voke :/ Also slightly voke happy from leveling more then 1 Tank to 75 :x

They need to make 30min Pizza "Slices" lulz.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-07 10:42:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Tbest said:

Can be easily taken that you don't have hate enough for said food snatching to happen.

Vegetto said:

This. And usually more on WAR cuz I voke :/ Also slightly voke happy from leveling more then 1 Tank to 75 :x

They need to make 30min Pizza "Slices" lulz.
Naah. They just generally use Flurry or Tickle if they even get to use a TP move before they die.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-07 10:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Naah. They just generally use Flurry or Tickle if they even get to use a TP move before they die.

Then F you! Eat better food then if it don't get stolen :p

But srsly Pizza Slices.
[+]
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-07 14:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Argettio said:
So a average geared SAM eating rice balls averages over 700-800 more on WS than a well geared SAM eating decent attack food.

OK...

I smell the potent combination of eyeballing and BS.

haha yeah you know it all dont you, my friend parsed many of my merit parties and i know the truth, talk ***all you like, i know i came out way on top in every occasion i have mentioned, you dont believe it? I DONT GIVE A *** haha, just putting my experience out there for other ppl to give it a go, i KNOW it works, if you havent tried the riceball setup yourself then STFU you dont know what you're talking about!

Konoko said:
You use Potent Belt when TPing.

You're probably basing this off eyeballing everything, with no actual parsing. What a good way to "test" like you say. Good job.

Tool.

Yep you go on and believe that, i just run my mouth in here and i know nothing, ok if you say so, dont be an ignorant ***. Also, i'm 0/14 on Swift Belt, knowing that i don't have that yet what else you suggest i TP in besides potent, fool.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 17:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

"Yep you go on and believe that, i just run my mouth in here and i know nothing, ok if you say so, dont be an ignorant ***. Also, i'm 0/14 on Swift Belt, knowing that i don't have that yet what else you suggest i TP in besides potent, fool."
Why are you meriting? Go farm codexes

"my friend parsed many of my merit parties and i know the truth"
Share them.

You are not averaging 700-800 more w/ rice balls. Pics or it didn't happen. You can try to fool someone who doesn't know anything about the mechanics, but you won't get this one passed me.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 17:59:58
Link | Quote | Reply

90 attack, 3 DA is not going to increase your ws average by 700, haha.
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-07 18:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
90 attack, 3 DA is not going to increase your ws average by 700, haha.

This.
To do 700 more, by the way it sounds, you'd have to have something like 300 more atk and capped acc along with more DA.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-07 18:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, that's news, you not allowed to merit unless you don't have a swift belt?? lmfao, get over yourself. I use a 360 so unless i have my camera next to me or nearby i cant get pics. My friend uses the parser, not I.... and its 150 extra attack not 90 lol, dumbass...

and yes i do average that much even without madrigal, i dont feel i need to satisy your disbeliefs, i know it to be truth and i personally couldnt give a rats arse if you believe me or not, i dont need your approval haha..

i tell you what, next time i merit with my friend ill have him parse the PT and ill get him to send me a pic of the results, not that i need to show you, i dont see why you'd think id come onto ffxiah to talk ***about ws dmg numbers on final fantasy lol, i came in here to offer advice about riceball penta setups and how they are more effective than using meat/sushi.

Tell me, have you tried it yourself or are you just guessing im incorrect? Im willing to bet its the latter and you know sweet *** all what you're on about.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 18:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryukuro said:
Haha, that's news, you not allowed to merit unless you don't have a swift belt?? lmfao, get over yourself. I use a 360 so unless i have my camera next to me or nearby i cant get pics. My friend uses the parser, not I.... and its 150 extra attack not 90 lol, dumbass...

and yes i do average that much even without madrigal, i dont feel i need to satisy your disbeliefs, i know it to be truth and i personally couldnt give a rats arse if you believe me or not, i dont need your approval haha..

I did that on purpose to see how dumb you really are. You're assuming what? That you eat no food vs Rice ball? Eat a kabob dumbass. 60 attack. 150-60 = +90

Nice to see you calling me a dumbass when you have no clue what the *** you're even talking about.
[+]
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-10-07 18:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol.... this reminds me of that Galka!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 18:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

sup DF
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-10-07 18:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well at least he is not on any of our servers which is a blessing, trust me on that.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-07 18:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Ryukuro said:

I did that on purpose to see how dumb you really are. You're assuming what? That you eat no food vs Rice ball? Eat a kabob dumbass. 60 attack. 150-60 = +90

Nice to see you calling me a dumbass when you have no clue what the *** you're even talking about.

Hahahahaha, *** you really are ignorant, GET OVER YOURSELF, you honestly think i do not know that curry buns, kabobs meat etc dont give extra attack?

I was stating that the set itself when using riceballs GIVES 150 ATTACK EXTRA, god you're a tool....

STR and DEX are not as important as ACC and Attack when it comes to Penta Thrust, any extra Attack you can add without sacrificing too much ACC will benifit your DMG greatly, regular melee attacks and WS numbers, and people who think the extra DA doesn't count for much they are kidding themselves. With gear alone and the extra DA from the riceballs i have 12% extra DA when i ws, thats not including the DA you get from having WAR sub. Believe what you will, you're too ignorant to even consider i may be right, so i wont waste my time on you, good luck know it all!
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-07 18:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Here here, glad im not on your server lmao!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 18:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I just checked out his gear. I don't see how he holds up to his claims of always coming out on top, unless that server has ***for DDs.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 18:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryukuro said:
Vegetto said:
Ryukuro said:

Hahahahaha, *** you really are ignorant, GET OVER YOURSELF, you honestly think i do not know that curry buns, kabobs meat etc dont give extra attack?

I was stating that the set itself when using riceballs GIVES 150 ATTACK EXTRA, god you're a tool....

STR and DEX are not as important as ACC and Attack when it comes to Penta Thrust, any extra Attack you can add without sacrificing too much ACC will benifit your DMG greatly, regular melee attacks and WS numbers, and people who think the extra DA doesn't count for much they are kidding themselves. With gear alone and the extra DA from the riceballs i have 12% extra DA when i ws, thats not including the DA you get from having WAR sub. Believe what you will, you're too ignorant to even consider i may be right, so i wont waste my time on you, good luck know it all!

When you're comparing 2 pieces of gear, you would stay how much attack the stronger one has over the weaker one. You do not get 150 extra attack, you only get 90 in comparison. Unless you're comparing it to no food at all, your 150 is useless.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-07 18:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Ryukuro said:
Vegetto said:
Ryukuro said:

When you're comparing 2 pieces of gear, you would stay how much attack the stronger one has over the weaker one. You do not get 150 extra attack, you only get 90 in comparison. Unless you're comparing it to no food at all, your 150 is useless.

Hmmm yeah 1600-1700 avg penta thrusts are really useless, i see your point in this, not to mention the 2k+ pentas i do every 5 or so WS, no, thats useless huh, yeah im sorry you're right my bad.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 18:31:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, I call *** on your 1.7k penta average, but let's say you are doing them just for the sake of the argument. I average 1.5k w/ kabobs. 1,700-1,500 = 200, not the 700-800 dmg more that you were claiming.