First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-03 18:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Even w/o merits polearm kills GKT. As far as yor exp goes, chain means nothing, unless you break it. You can keep chain at 18k/hr and you can keep chain at 30k/hr and that is certainly a large gap in exp/hr. Simply reaching chain 300 does not mean that your exp wasn't slowed.

At bird camp it does since there's only enough birds in either camp for ~18k an hour. Only way you're getting higher than that is by pulling mamools or birds from either of the other two camps which often isn't an option anyway.
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-10-03 18:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

What Blazza said...

on Odin, best you'll do at Bird camp is maybe 22-25k/hr, IF you have COR with Corsair's Roll going.

We were pulling 21k/hr at Mamool SP camp with COR, BRD, NIN, SAM/DNC, DRK/SAM, RDM, and honestly, to me, I'd rather kill Mamool anyway. Birds are boring. Mamool take more strategy and smart Bardplay...

I haven't used SAM/RNG at Bird Camp, although I've synced it on Lesser and NQ Colibri before and had a blast! I do use it in Sea quite often, and in some KS99 also, so I probably could hit birds alright if I can hit Jailers.
By Odin.Dirtyfinger 2009-10-03 18:59:34
Link | Quote | Reply

You need 54 Store TP for a 5hit standard 480delay Polearm, and yes Penta-Thrust is highly ACC dependent so I'd just recommend WS in your ordinary TP gear, add O-Kote, Potent Belt as a start and only add additional gear if/when you need it.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-03 19:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

/plants Odin flag in thread.
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-03 19:10:01
Link | Quote | Reply

"At bird camp it does since there's only enough birds in either camp for ~18k an hour. Only way you're getting higher than that is by pulling mamools or birds from either of the other two camps which often isn't an option anyway."

Totally incorrect

You guys haven't heard of Wivre? They're all over the place. You don't need to pull mamools. Birds from the other party help, but they are also not required.

by the time you kill all the wivre, the birds will have begun to repop and if you lose chain from Wivre, you are doing something wrong.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-03 19:10:26
Link | Quote | Reply

in before "but wivre are too hard, we can't kill them fast enough"
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-10-03 19:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

"but wivre are too hard, we can't kill them fast enough"
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-03 19:30:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Wivre are a ***way to keep chain, bird parties are the non-serious merit parties imo, where anyone can be semi-afk and it doesn't really matter, in order to kill ONE wivre without breaking chain you need to have 4 very well geared DDs, store TP on the bird before it, and have at least one /whm to erase spam their attack down. Most parties lose chain trying wivre, and I've never heard of killing more than one in a row and keeping chain.

Since it's so easy for you, mind sharing your party set-up?
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-03 19:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Gladly
Sam sam drg rdm cor(corsair roll chaos roll) brd (march march)

30k/hr
User submitted image

153 battles

124 birds, 29 wivre

Birds = 81%
Wivre = 19%

So not only the occasional wivre here and there, but Wivre were nearly 1/5 of all the mobs fought in a 30k/hr party.

Again, Wivre are easy to chain.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-03 19:43:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, as far as exp goes
Birds + Wivre > Mamools > Birds > trolls > ect ect
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-03 19:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Birds + Wivre > Mamools > Birds > trolls > ect ect
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2009-10-04 08:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

have at least one /whm to erase spam their attack down

from my exp if attack down goes off the chain is done, rdm/whm can erase but only single target

ive only been in groups that can chain wivres if u have brd/brd or brd/cor party

cor/cor wasnt so hot :(
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-10-04 08:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi2u Esuna...?
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-04 08:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I gotta admit I'm impressed, but I would have thought that a decent party could still do better on mamool, considering I've gotten 30k there without even really chaining.
 Asura.Chefm
Server: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2009-10-04 10:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not the stone-splitter
Stone-splitter
(Polearm) All Races
DMG: 66 Delay: 396
Latent effect: DMG: 71
Lv. 73 SAM / DRG

Damage Per Second: 10
TP Per Hit: 10.2%

Latent effect

Active while TP < 100% (includes Weapon Skills).
Damage Per Second: 10.7
Hidden Effects are also triggered under this latent.
Hidden Effect: Attack +24, Accuracy +5
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-04 10:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

TP Per Hit: 10.2%

gl w/ your 5hit
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-10-04 11:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Well I gotta admit I'm impressed, but I would have thought that a decent party could still do better on mamool, considering I've gotten 30k there without even really chaining.

leave the thread and return whenceforth you came, to the realm of odin, troll!
 Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-04 12:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
Nalien said:
Who the *** cares about mob TP , only a loser of a RDM or WHM would have trouble.

^

GUIDE: Use Penta Thrust once you get it at Lv.51, spam crab sushi whilst leveling because it's dirt cheap and good food.

Lv.60, you get Couse, and murderrape to an even further extent.

Lv.70+, use Engetsuto until Tomoe, and once the skill is capped, pretty much be ready to use polearm on 80%+ of every TW-VT you fight.

This is what your Penta Thrust equipment should look like, end product.

TP gear is essentially the same as GK; make sure you have 5/5 Store TP merits as soon as you can, and you'll hold your five-hit no problem. Incase you're curious though, here's what you should look like when TP'ing with a polearm.

Assuming you gear it all effectively, let's just say,
User submitted image

User submitted image

you might just parse like a boss.

That was from yesterday's Einherjar, tier three with demons, taurus, imps/single-bats, and the boss being a Vampyr (though I used my Hagun on this guy obviously). I used Yellow Curry Buns too there, but I also have 8/8 polearm, so you may be inclined to use Marinara Pizza (+1) at Lv.75 for an such as that.

LOL dude, i dont have 14.7mil worth of equipment but my sam is geared ok... i use rice ball setup with tonosama rice balls as food. If you got nobushi kyahan, af gloves, roshi jinpachi and ws in those pieces along with your other gear and also use tonosama rice balls you would make ppl ***in their pants...lol. for reference this is the gear i use, i need lots of things but it does me fine for now and i still kick *** harder than any other pole sam or drg ive ever been with in meripo.

Polearm TP - http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=51969
Polearm WS - http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=70478

For people that do not know the extra effects rice balls give when using these three rice ball pieces i will inform you. For every piece you wear while using a tonosama rice ball you get 50 Attack and 1% Double Attack. So with all 3 pieces you're looking at 150 extra attack and 3% extra DA, ive tested it for about 6 months now, using regular penta gear (usukane, enkidu gloves, champions galea with ws acc+15 etc) doesn't come close to the power of the riceball setup, try it for yourself and u will be amazed. Just to give you an idea, with no MINUET and ONLY DOUBLE MARCH i have done 2708 Penta with Gondo and 2798 Penta with Tomoe, imagine if i had better gear and minuet, chaos, hunters roll when i hit those numbers? lol. Good luck to u all!!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-04 14:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Get a gorget, swift belt, pole grip
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-10-04 15:31:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:

That, and don't emphasize on riceball builds on anything outside of birds, because that's when you'd be swapping between both polearm and katana, and let's just say riceball builds with a katana don't work as good as intended.

Even then on birds, last I recall the statistics, you need Shogun(HQ) Riceballs to begin with for a riceball build to even compare to crab sushi/meat mithkabobs on those, which the HQ aren't exactly a common thing to come by.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-10-04 15:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
you need Shogun(HQ) Riceballs to begin with for a riceball build to even compare to crab sushi/meat mithkabobs

Well with Shogun Rice Balls, you get 150 Attack, 90 DEF, and 15% Double Attack. That's like eating two Mithkabobs at once and still getting 15% Haste from food.

I'm not saying I condone Rice Balls but it's not a bad idea really.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-04 15:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

15% DA is not 15% haste, not even close.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-10-04 15:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't fulltime the riceball pieces, only the feet during TP; even then though, it's risky putting your -hit build on the line with only 10 Store TP during TP (unless with Usukane Haramaki), as well as the fact that you're losing out on 2% haste atleast, either way you look at it.

So the grand question is, are you willing to go out of your way for T0 food that in the long run is no better than the stuff that's already available to you?

Ballista it makes more sense, since you have to fulltime everything (bar ammunition), and the food also happens to give a considerable amount of DEF (food x3), but elsewhere, uh...
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-04 15:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Rabbit pie for ballista
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-10-04 15:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just looked up Shogun Rice Balls, and apparently they actually only give 90 DEF (thought it gave 150 DEF total), so yeah, Rabbit Pies are pretty much atleast on-par, if not better for that situation as well.
 Asura.Subzorro
user: Tuxedo
By Asura.Subzorro 2009-10-04 16:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Weak!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-04 17:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
Just looked up Shogun Rice Balls, and apparently they actually only give 90 DEF (thought it gave 150 DEF total), so yeah, Rabbit Pies are pretty much atleast on-par, if not better for that situation as well.

Oh they're better, not only the defense but have to compare what you could wear in the rice ball slots as compared to what you can wear w/ the pie as well.
 Asura.Subzorro
user: Tuxedo
By Asura.Subzorro 2009-10-04 18:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

pawn
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-07 04:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Dud
Ironguy said:
Vegetto said:

That, and don't emphasize on riceball builds on anything outside of birds, because that's when you'd be swapping between both polearm and katana, and let's just say riceball builds with a katana don't work as good as intended.

Even then on birds, last I recall the statistics, you need Shogun(HQ) Riceballs to begin with for a riceball build to even compare to crab sushi/meat mithkabobs on those, which the HQ aren't exactly a common thing to come by.

Well sorry, but you're wrong i use polearm on almost everything (besides Gods, HNM etc of course) and no, you do not need shogun, tonosama balls do the trick fine, when using the rice ball set i guarantee i do more dmg on almost everything with penta thrust than i do with YGK, i know ive tested it FOR MONTHS ON END i know what im talking about, go test the ***yourself before running your mouth acting like you know it all. Does not have to be on birds to be effective. And yes i use pole grip sometimes, and yes i would use a shadow gorget if i could get my last yovra organ and yes i would use a swift belt if the NM dropped one for me (0/14 yay im lucky!)

Using sushi/meat/curry buns etc with normal penta gear doesnt even compare to using riceball gera with tonosama balls, and tbh i dont give a ***if you dont believe me, ive tested it myself against a full usukane, 8/8 merits in pole, cuch mantle sam/war with Tomoe using sushi and curry buns and he averaged 900-1k pentas while i had no cuch mantle, not using any usukane just using tonosama balls with riceball set and i averaged 1700+ easily, carry on all you like about what you think you know but you sir know fk all, take care now bye bye then!
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-07 04:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
You don't fulltime the riceball pieces, only the feet during TP; even then though, it's risky putting your -hit build on the line with only 10 Store TP during TP (unless with Usukane Haramaki), as well as the fact that you're losing out on 2% haste atleast, either way you look at it.

So the grand question is, are you willing to go out of your way for T0 food that in the long run is no better than the stuff that's already available to you?

Ballista it makes more sense, since you have to fulltime everything (bar ammunition), and the food also happens to give a considerable amount of DEF (food x3), but elsewhere, uh...

LOL, no you do not fulltime the riceball pieces you put them in your Penta Thrust macro.....lol. I have 5 hit still and i TP in the feet, when TPing i use Ace's and hachi kote respectively.