Valefor.Ryukuro
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-07 19:45:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Sacreddawn said:
Just need a little clarity please. Vegetto you said madrigal/hunters is waste of a song/roll and then a couple sentences later you say March/march, Chaos/Hunters is best. How can hunters be a waste and the best? I assume you were meaning if you have Cor alone in pt then it is a waste of a roll or...? Anyways, i enjoy this topic! Thanks you guys!

Typo, meant to say chaos/corsair's

In typical meripo March/March Hunter's/Chaos is the best setup in my opinion, granted that is usually when you have SAm or DRG or WAR using multi hit ws, if you are in a meripo with DD using GKT or Gaxe it may be more useful to use corsair's roll instead of hunters, but usually not the case, by having more acc your DD will miss less TPing and will achieve higher ws numbers in the long run so therefor mobs die faster resulting in more exp per hour anyway, corsair's not really that useful...
 Bahamut.Rumaha
Server: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-07 19:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryukuro said:

Ill GTFO when i wish to, I haven't done anything wrong. I don't feel the need to prove myself to someone I dont know or don't care about, why dont you GTFO? lol!

Then I don't feel the need to treat you like a person. See how easy it is to say things? When you make a claim that no one believes, you have to support it, that's how normal people do it, if you don't support it don't act surprised when people say GTFO, and CERTAINLY don't go trying to slander other people, all you do is make yourself look like a jackass. You tell Vegetto to grow up lol? You don't even know how to argue like a person.

And wow you can type what I type, you are a *** genius! Get a better come back.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2009-10-07 19:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryukuro said:
Vegetto said:
Sacreddawn said:
Just need a little clarity please. Vegetto you said madrigal/hunters is waste of a song/roll and then a couple sentences later you say March/march, Chaos/Hunters is best. How can hunters be a waste and the best? I assume you were meaning if you have Cor alone in pt then it is a waste of a roll or...? Anyways, i enjoy this topic! Thanks you guys!

In typical meripo March/March Hunter's/Chaos is the best setup in my opinion, granted that is usually when you have SAm or DRG or WAR using multi hit ws, if you are in a meripo with DD using GKT or Gaxe it may be more useful to use corsair's roll instead of hunters, but usually not the case, by having more acc your DD will miss less TPing and will achieve higher ws numbers in the long run so therefor mobs die faster resulting in more exp per hour anyway, corsair's not really that useful...

Hunters w/ BRD COR isn't horrendous but corsairs roll is better because you are already killing them as fast/faster then they pop, killing chains, capping exp, and corsairs makes you go over cap.
 Ramuh.Konoko
Server: Ramuh
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-10-07 19:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryukuro said:
Vegetto said:
Sacreddawn said:

Thanks for confirming again to us that you are a *** retard! :)
 Fairy.Vegetto
Server: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 19:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Corsair's roll is about a 16-18% increase in exp. For hunter's roll to grant an equal amount or more, it would have to increase each and every DD in the pt's damage by 16-18% just to match corsair's roll, and more to beat it.

A) DD's acc should not be that low to begin with.
B) Even if there is one or two who may need it, I doubt your entire pt will need hunter's roll.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 19:59:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Mabrook said:
Cor roll is good in some situations where you have a party at bottom and middle bird camps so you don't kill too fast and leave yourself without any birds. But if there isn't any parties at bottom and middle then by all means stay in the middle and rape ***np.

Even if mob supply isn't a problem, corsair roll is superior.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-07 20:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto said:
Corsair's roll is about a 16-18% increase in exp. For hunter's roll to grant an equal amount or more, it would have to increase each and every DD in the pt's damage by 16-18% just to match corsair's roll, and more to beat it.

B) Even if there is one or two who may need it, I doubt your entire pt will need hunter's roll.

Assuming the cor gets lucky on rolls all the time and doesn't but bust ever... lol
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-07 20:03:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Konoko said:
Ryukuro said:
Vegetto said:
Sacreddawn said:

Thanks for confirming again to us that you are a *** retard! :)

Thanks for confirming you think you know it all and that one way to do things is always the best way in every situation, good on you!
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 20:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ryukuro said:
Vegetto said:

Assuming the cor gets lucky on rolls all the time and doesn't but bust ever... lol

Nope if the cor got lucky rolls all the time, would be a 24% increase. The average is taking nothing less than 5 and not doubling up at 6+
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-07 20:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Rumaha said:
Ryukuro said:

Ill GTFO when i wish to, I haven't done anything wrong. I don't feel the need to prove myself to someone I dont know or don't care about, why dont you GTFO? lol!

Then I don't feel the need to treat you like a person. See how easy it is to say things? When you make a claim that no one believes, you have to support it, that's how normal people do it, if you don't support it don't act surprised when people say GTFO, and CERTAINLY don't go trying to slander other people, all you do is make yourself look like a jackass. You tell Vegetto to grow up lol? You don't even know how to argue like a person.

And wow you can type what I type, you are a *** genius! Get a better come back.

I'm sory i didnt know there was standard i had to live up to. Apparently im not a human because i tell people to grow up and i dont prove my claims with pictures, haha, you sir crack me up.
 Odin.Blazza
Server: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-10-07 20:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Vegetto may care way too much about his e-peen size, but he knows his ***on this matter. Whenever you announce something that's so far different from what everyone believes to be true, of course they're going to say you are lying. You can argue with them for weeks and you're never going to convince them, in fact the more you argue without showing ANY form of proof just makes you look more and more like a liar. If you really don't care about proving yourself right, be the better man and stop replying. On the other hand, if you're telling the truth, get your friend to post the parse and watch everyone in here ***bricks.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2009-10-07 20:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:
Vegetto may care way too much about his e-peen size, but he knows his ***on this matter. Whenever you announce something that's so far different from what everyone believes to be true, of course they're going to say you are lying. You can argue with them for weeks and you're never going to convince them, in fact the more you argue without showing ANY form of proof just makes you look more and more like a liar. If you really don't care about proving yourself right, be the better man and stop replying. On the other hand, if you're telling the truth, get your friend to post the parse and watch everyone in here ***bricks.

fair enough wont say no more, proof will come, i dont meripo much while levelling up jobs but i'll be sure to get my friend to merit with me soon and parse us ^^
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-07 21:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazza said:

*** a epeen, care more about my badass necklace yo!
User submitted image
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-10-07 21:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The face you're making makes me lol more than the necklace
 Asura.Kiowa
Server: Asura
user: Kiowa
By Asura.Kiowa 2009-10-08 01:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

hax
 Asura.Kiowa
Server: Asura
user: Kiowa
By Asura.Kiowa 2009-10-08 01:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironguy said:
Nalien said:
Who the *** cares about mob TP , only a loser of a RDM or WHM would have trouble.

^

GUIDE: Use Penta Thrust once you get it at Lv.51, spam crab sushi whilst leveling because it's dirt cheap and good food.

Lv.60, you get Couse, and murderrape to an even further extent.

Lv.70+, use Engetsuto until Tomoe, and once the skill is capped, pretty much be ready to use polearm on 80%+ of every TW-VT you fight.

This is what your Penta Thrust equipment should look like, end product.

TP gear is essentially the same as GK; make sure you have 5/5 Store TP merits as soon as you can, and you'll hold your five-hit no problem. Incase you're curious though, here's what you should look like when TP'ing with a polearm.

Assuming you gear it all effectively, let's just say,
User submitted image

User submitted image

you might just parse like a boss.

That was from yesterday's Einherjar, tier three with demons, taurus, imps/single-bats, and the boss being a Vampyr (though I used my Hagun on this guy obviously). I used Yellow Curry Buns too there, but I also have 8/8 polearm, so you may be inclined to use Marinara Pizza (+1) at Lv.75 for an such as that.

haxer whatchu have four healers in your pt and a loss that day cause you thought you would be cute and sub drg
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-10-08 13:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess this can go here:

I need some help with my Penta Thrust gear setup for sam, I have a few pieces but I just don't really know what to get.

Some information that you need to know:

I don't have Kirin's Osode OR Byakko's Haidate's but I am working on getting those soonish (that reminds me....) I am on a VERY limited budget (as in I can't go and spend 500-1m on 1 piece of gear) and (um...) I guess it need's to either be on the AH or something that I can easily farm from a NM (I don't want some obscure piece of gear I have to get a ally for to kill the damn thing)
 Quetzalcoatl.Thalos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Thalos 2009-10-08 13:26:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said:
I guess this can go here:

I need some help with my Penta Thrust gear setup for sam, I have a few pieces but I just don't really know what to get.

Some information that you need to know:

I don't have Kirin's Osode OR Byakko's Haidate's but I am working on getting those soonish (that reminds me....) I am on a VERY limited budget (as in I can't go and spend 500-1m on 1 piece of gear) and (um...) I guess it need's to either be on the AH or something that I can easily farm from a NM (I don't want some obscure piece of gear I have to get a ally for to kill the damn thing)

Well, looking at your current TP/WS set up. Kirin's Osode and Byakko's Haidate will help loads. You can probably full time Chiv Chain since you don't need the Ranged Acc. and should look into evenutally upgrading to P. Charm/Amulet(Consider spamming Nyzul isle on the floors that Argus is on and try to get lucky there). Also using O. hat for WS becuase Acc plays a huge factor on Penta Trust and look to upgrade that the Shura Head. Also doing ZNMs to try and get a Tomoe as it's one of the best Pole Arms that SAM can use.
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-10-08 13:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I would not recommend using osode for penta since you're already low on accuracy from not having A or A+ in skill. Accuracy and Attack does a lot for penta so I'd work on those first. Tomoe is fairly easy to get if you farm some zeni and shout for people.
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-10-09 10:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

*Nods.* Haub +1 for Penta unless you're fighting something weak and already have capped accuracy.
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
Server: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-10-20 18:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Not quite a necro but just had a question about polearm usage in merit. Was just doing some numbers on a potential build and I realized how much acc polearm needs even with near perfect gear. For those with pimped out polearm builds, do you still end up using crab sushi for birds?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-20 18:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=103804
http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=103805

I go with meat, average over 90% hitrate per party w/ capped PA merits and this build.

Just got love torque like last week haven't updated sets yet.

For Ejar, Limbus ect, I go w/ pizza+1 and swap my TP build to
Tomoe/Pole/Empty/Black Tathlum
Turban/Ltorque/Brutal/Merman
Usukane/Dusk Gloves/Rajas/Toreador's
Forager/Vbelt/Byakko's/Usukane
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-10-20 18:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

With love torque I'm calculating you're at 388 acc (Assuming hume)?

That should be in theory 86%/91% acc on each coli respectively? So consistent over 90% seems a tad high to me but pretty close. Then again I could just be screwing up the math somewhere.

And totally realized the calc I was using earlier had the old dex formula, no wonder the acc values seemed so out of reach, lol.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-10-20 18:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I fulltime hasso
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2009-10-20 18:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, was just about to post about how I'd forgotten hasso.