First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-10 12:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

TBH, I hate all role playing in parties. We all know you're not really a *** taru, ok? You don't need to put "aru waru" at the end of your ***. It's not cool, or cute. It's creepy and *** sad. Be yourself, it's ok...

If you're a manthra you better act like one.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-06-10 12:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:

I just don't enjoy filling up the /p chat with loads of <calls> and
I use calls in low level parties when i'm pulling frankly cuz I've often died or the mob depopped because no one in the pt was paying attention to grab hate. But those macros only last thru qufim.

That's helpful but yet again that's primarely for the Newbs/Noobs within the party who never care enough to pay attention. People should be paying attention. Even so if people go randomly AFK within a PT and are not able to pay attention then they have no place in that party. Boot? I'd sure give the boot to people who just stand around while the rest of the party is doing their part to take down the mob.
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-06-10 12:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
or that rdms go to DEAD instantly.

fixed for you.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-06-10 12:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I use to have pt chat macros for ballad so peeps don't run from it which they more often than not do anyways. If I'm not the only brd in dyna I'll usually throw one on elegy.

Occasionally I'll make one for tp report in exp parties with a <call16> if I notice someone having trouble skill chaining, but merit pt's there's just no need. It only really bothers me when calls or pt chat lines get spammed like crazy, otherwise I don't say or do anything about it.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-06-10 12:11:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Rowland said:
It's more fun not to have a macro for convert, and scare the whms/tanks.

I keel you.

Seriously, our LS RDM didn't have a macro for the longest time, everytime he'd convert I'd have a *** heart attack. My life span is shorter because of him...

Pay attention and you wont have a heart attack... I still refuse to put any warning in my convert maccro

yeah, but who ever watches the RDM in an exp situation? It ain't like they're tanking...I just see red health out of the corner of my eye. And I'm usually main heal....that's my job.

And really, why is it such a big deal to say /p {Convert}? It ain't like the macro is too full for the /p line...

You don't need to watch the rdm you should already being watching tank and realize he still has the mob... or that rdms don't go to the red instantly.

Again, why is it such a big deal to say "Convert"?

It isn't!
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-06-10 12:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Webjester said:
Dasva said:

fixed for you.

For the RDMs that die during their convert. Shame on them... Not very smart. lol
 Odin.Ahligieri
Server: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-06-10 12:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to have a party sekkanoki macro. You know...to let people know I'm bout to SOLO skill chain.

Took it off since no one ever *** reads it. Ever.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-10 12:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Webjester said:
Dasva said:

fixed for you.

Ahem your fix is fail. I'm a a taru rdm and and no I don't go dead instantly in fact I can't think of anything that instantly reds me that doesn't hit the tank insane amounts too.
Lilsanchez said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

It isn't!

It's annoying to me so I wouldn't do it cause it would probably annoy other.
 Hades.Rieyuu
Server: Hades
user: Rieyuu
By Hades.Rieyuu 2009-06-10 12:19:42
Link | Quote | Reply

on thf I use macros for tp, SA TA, pulling...but sometimes they get to be a bit much if everything the person does has a macro
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 12:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Lilsanchez said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

It isn't!

It's annoying to me so I wouldn't do it cause it would probably annoy other.

Convert isn't boost, or a summon, or something else that's every minute in a party.

I dunno, I just consider it common courtesy. Even if most people know instinctively what you're doing, I would say /p {Convert} just to save other's the stress.

But whatever, do what you like. I'm just saying, a quick party line for that doesn't hurt anyone, nor fit into the "annoying" criteria...
 Remora.Rhinok
Server: Remora
user: Rhinok
By Remora.Rhinok 2009-06-10 12:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

When im tanking and i suddenly see my RDM's HP drop, that ***never ceases to scare me >< /p {Convert} helps me stay focussed on keeping the mob on me.
The more information the better.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-06-10 12:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Rhinok said:
When im tanking and i suddenly see my RDM's HP drop, that ***never ceases to scare me >< /p {Convert} helps me stay focussed on keeping the mob on me.
The more information the better.

/sigh Is it really that hard on you? lol
 Odin.Liela
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-06-10 12:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I have, for parties, only one macro. That's my pull macro, and I try not to make it too boring.
/p <t> {invite to join party.}
That's all. But for in sky, fighting seiryu and suzy, I make the most obnoxious, annoying shadowbind macros in the history of the world because I've had it broken on those two one too many times.
/p GET OFF <t>!! {Shadowbind}ing! RAWR! HISS! <most evil call I can, usually call1>
I have a tp call macro as well, but I rarely use it unless my weapon skill is important for a skillchain, which it's usually not.
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 12:49:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Rerail...
some of the more annoying macros i've seen were in jeuno with ppl using the dance motions. eg
/dance2 motion
/emote parties like it's 1999!
(not gonna name em, but it's annoying to be in jeuno or whitegate which both all ready have a lot going on, then some dumbass doin dumb dances adding to the lag)
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-10 12:50:26
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

On a side note... FF14 better not have really loud irritating call noises. I will murder puppies if I hear <call5> exist in the new game.
 Ramuh.Chelle
user:
By Ramuh.Chelle 2009-06-10 12:52:01

I hate macros in panties... oops I mean parties.

I was watching my husband's Dynamis LS last night and noticed the lone warrior using unneeded macros. "This will cut you down to size!" every time he weapon skilled...sadness.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-06-10 12:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nieko said:
...then some dumbass doin dumb dances adding to the lag)

This. Then everybody joins in... Does no one know to do /dance1 motion?
 Phoenix.Boyaci
Server: Phoenix
user:
By Phoenix.Boyaci 2009-06-10 13:01:38

My theory has always been that if what you are about to do is what the party invited you to do(i.e. Provoke), then don't tell me you're doing it. Tell me if you can't do it so Plan B can go into effect.

I don't need to know in PT chat that you're curing me, I will see my HP go up. I don't need to know that you can't voke for 15 more seconds, I saw and heard you do it 15 seconds ago. I don't need to see you violently threaten the mandy with your words of wrath; the mandy is pixels on your screen, it really can't hurt you.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-10 13:06:25

Sam using any JA (except self sc....and MAybe...) as /p macros

DRK using any JA as /p macros

MNK using any JA as /p macros

etc etc

all of you big fat FU for lagging me up and killing PT convos

I mean sometimes you get some fun convos going on >.>
 Bahamut.Citag
Server: Bahamut
user:
By Bahamut.Citag 2009-06-10 13:11:27

/p {ranged attack} <t> <call14>

Thats the only /p macro I have, and used for pulling only. I have a seperate macro for my regular ra's.
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-06-10 13:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I used a lot more on Bard (long time ago) when I was lower leveled because early on, a lot of people didn't know what different songs did, or they wouldn't know not to move when I was midcast on a song, and miss the effect.

As the levels progressed, I dropped more and more of the /p tags.

What I have now...

On WHM:

Protectra/Shellra macro telling people to stay the F still. Also have Raise macros in /p and /l, but that's standard among WHMs in my linkshell.

On BRD:

/p tags for Elegy 1 and 2 (pulling), Finale (so RDM doesn't waste MP), and Lullabies.

Also /l tags for Elegy & Lullabies for Einherjar, since I'm usually doing crowd control and pulling, but I have a separate Macro Book for Einherjar Bard.

On BLM:

Stun Order ~ /p tag and also /t to next person in order (we use /tell+sound so you hear it even if you miss the text)

Sleeps: I don't have /p tag macro with my sleeps, but I have one for Sleep alerts right next to them so I can warn people to disengage when I am going to sleep adds as needed.

On PLD:

/l next target for Dynamis + Limbus tanking since I'm usually main tanking when I'm on PLD for those.

I have my provoke, flash, and utsusemi recast info in /echo.

/p for um... i don't think I have any for that.

On SAM:

/p TP macro for SC pairings for Endgame events, and /p + /l Skillchain notices so BLMs have a heads up.

On THF:

/p pulling macro
/p TP macro
/p SA/TA UP and Down macros with TP in them, but I rarely if ever use those.

So yeah, 6 Level 75 jobs and that's about all of the /party macros that I use, and some of them even only situationally.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-10 13:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyways back on topic.. unless its something the pt needs to know say your pulling something or doing aoe buff so gathering or tp dont need to here you say it a whole bunch k!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-10 13:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Do not derail this again. Gaea please stay on topic.
 Asura.Diraphe
Server: Asura
user: Diraphe
By Asura.Diraphe 2009-06-10 14:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I reserve /p for Pulling, Protectra/Shellra, Stun, Sleep, SelfScs, and Angon. I get very annoyed by unnecessary log spamming :/ Unless you have a Magic burst setup you shouldn't need to do TP either, melee should know how to follow each others lead and sc without party chat (take it up in /tell) Of course if you have a blm they can't be expected to follow the flow of tp gain.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 14:21:30
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH, it'd be nice to see a /p XXXX TP is 100%! {Ready to start skillchain} macro in a party. If anything, just to be assured people know they still exist lol
 Ifrit.Thunderz
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-10 14:29:01

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
TBH, it'd be nice to see a /p XXXX TP is 100%! {Ready to start skillchain} macro in a party. If anything, just to be assured people know they still exist lol

Stop spamming meh!!!!!!!!!!

/stabs

lol jk =o
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-10 14:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

/l Dynamis macros are required. Pullers, tanks, Sleepers, and of course, our beloved RDMs.

if I see, another THF do "/em {Hide} Pee-A-Boo, you can't see me.", I will strangle the *** with his/her own {waist} item.
 Lakshmi.Tkai
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2009-06-10 14:43:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:

if I see, another THF do "/em {Hide} Pee-A-Boo, you can't see me.", I will strangle the *** with his/her own {waist} item.

LOL...this made my day.
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-06-10 14:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually coordinate on-the-fly SC adjustments in party chat simply because I'm usually in "/cm p" so it saves me a step of ctrl+t+name.
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-06-10 14:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:

I've never met anyone with such a macro but if I did, they'd find a dagger in their back at some point.

/l macros are a definitive requirement for any Dyna and most Endgame activities.

IMO, I find many macros useful (such as voke or Convert). If I'm part of a SC I've already worked out a telltale sign with my SC partner (like typing "3" into PT chat) as many of my SC macros are equip swaps.

I like fun macros but I do think that if the macro is made to be funny, have one that won't get annoying with overuse or another macro without your /emote.

my Convert is:
/p White Mage Panic Button!
/wai1 1
/ja "Convert"

It always ticks off my WHM Taru friend cause she screams on why RDM shouldn't have that ability :P That and she really does panic when I go into the red XD