Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Macros in parties
Macros in parties
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-10 10:41:38
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, I'm sure someone else said this, but no one should use /p macros EVER, unless its a RDM's Convert, or WHM's Pro-ra/Shell-ra.

Most annoying /p macros I've seen so far came from a SMN in my LS. She had about 3 /p lines for every summon.

/p "Come Forth Ramuh {Thunder} {Flash} {Bang}"

my god...
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2009-06-10 10:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
ok, I'm sure someone else said this, but no one should use /p macros EVER, unless its a RDM's Convert, or WHM's Pro-ra/Shell-ra.

Most annoying /p macros I've seen so far came from a SMN in my LS. She had about 3 /p lines for every summon.

/p "Come Forth Ramuh {Thunder} {Flash} {Bang}"

my god...

Seems like the general consensus here is...
SMNs and their Macros suck.

like 9 outta 10 people so far after mentioned this...
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-06-10 10:43:54
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I don't put anything in party chat unless it's something that's worthy of everyone knowing. And if you want to be cute or witty with bizarre monologues of dialog pertaining to your actions, use echo please. Nobody else needs or wants to see it.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-10 10:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

If I was to level RDM, you can bet your *** I would put somthing like "OMG AGGRO!" in my convert macro.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-10 10:51:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember a RDM having

/p "Don't mind me, I'm converting."

First time I saw that, I /shout back "To what... Catholicism?"

Yeah, took me a second to realize what was going on lol

But yeah, in the end, Convert, Prora/Shellra should be the ONLY /p macros used in parties, everything else is meh.
 Lakshmi.Tkai
Server: Lakshmi
user: Tkai
By Lakshmi.Tkai 2009-06-10 11:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to know a SMN that had /em, /say, /p, and /emo setup in his macros. It was something like this.

/welcome {Avatar name here}
/s Now, kick some ***!!
/p Oh, well I think I help out too.
/s Time for you to rest your soul.
/goodbye {Avatar name here}

I think I saw almost the same setup for a bst soloing also.
 Hades.Silentbob
Server: Hades
user: Silentbob
By Hades.Silentbob 2009-06-10 11:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

A BLM joined my Dynamis LS that has /p stuff in his macros. I /blist him for the runs sometimes.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-10 11:19:22
Link | Quote | Reply

MNKs who have /p macros for Boost, should be /blisted and /spamslapped.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-10 11:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The short stint my brother leveled MNK he had a /em boost macro.

After about 5 minutes I took the keyboard and removed it for him.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-10 11:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
The short stint my brother leveled MNK he had a /em boost macro.

After about 5 minutes I took the keyboard and removed it for him.

Good man.
 Valefor.Judda
Server: Valefor
user: Judda
By Valefor.Judda 2009-06-10 11:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes i think some people's macros are anoying but some are funny and make me laugh like my friend PLD who has something like this

/p FLASH!!! ( o)(o ) Boobs!!

n_n that made me laugh and i myself used to have a macro for every song of my bard until my husband told me "babe, that might be anoying for some ppl, more if we are fighting kirin and you dont let us read the chat" >_> i felt bad and erased all my macros xD that was long time ago... now i only have macro for Finale so the RDMs know i used it and 1 macroi in my BST that i will never take off.

/p My milkshake brings all the pets to the yard... CHARM<t>!!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Webjester
Server: Leviathan
user: Webjester
By Leviathan.Webjester 2009-06-10 11:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP, the rule I use for /p /l macros is pretty simple.

Does the party/alliance/linkshell need to know about it? Yes? Put it in the macro. Otherwise, don't bother.

If you want to keep track of stuff, you can always use /echo instead.
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 11:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
MNKs who have /p macros for Boost, should be /blisted and /spamslapped.

Agreed. Nobody gives a ***that they're boosting. Why would anyone give a ***that they're boosting?

And ditto on SMN macros. Why, oh why, do you need 3 lines of spam to bring out Garuda? Is it necessary? Is it in the SMN handbook that you have to drop 3 lines before the avatars will come out or something?

TBH, I hate all role playing in parties. We all know you're not really a *** taru, ok? You don't need to put "aru waru" at the end of your ***. It's not cool, or cute. It's creepy and *** sad. Be yourself, it's ok...
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2009-06-10 11:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My brd in my merit last night literally had every song on /p and it drove me nuts! The only "talking" macros I have are Pro/Shell5, Stun order for rdm/drk or maybe even Chainspell stun, and my new one is Tomahawk order for Einherjar..but that is it for me and most others are crazy annoying.

Side Note: /Assist is ok
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-06-10 11:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

People actually talk like Tarus?

/sits in silence O.o
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 11:47:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Kungfuhustle said:
I remember a RDM having

/p "Don't mind me, I'm converting."

First time I saw that, I /shout back "To what... Catholicism?"

Yeah, took me a second to realize what was going on lol

But yeah, in the end, Convert, Prora/Shellra should be the ONLY /p macros used in parties, everything else is meh.

I like for DDs to put what ws they're using in /p chat that way i kno if i can have a possible magic burst coming up.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 11:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I have a few party macros that have a purpose, things like :

{Gather Together} {Protectra} + {Shellra} in 2
{Party} {Sleep} <t> {Attack} {No Thanks}

and things of that nature, that matter. That's pretty much it.
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 11:52:09
Link | Quote | Reply

oh yea i def have the
/p [casting spell] [sleepga] [run away!]
and
/p [casting spell] [escape] [gather together]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-10 11:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I get really annoyed cause I prepare for convert the few times I actually need it with like composure regen2... and still like random people heal me even blms. Seriously rdms go to low hp it happens its normal. People who aren't paying enough attention to realize who is getting hit just grinds my ge... erm well ya know. Like when I have to convert 5 times in a row on blm to keep sorc ring active cause same person keeps healing me no matter how many times I say don't before they realize somethings weird about a blm losing 200+ hp ever couple of seconds with no mobs around.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 11:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
It's more fun not to have a macro for convert, and scare the whms/tanks.

I keel you.

Seriously, our LS RDM didn't have a macro for the longest time, everytime he'd convert I'd have a *** heart attack. My life span is shorter because of him...
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-10 11:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Rowland said:

I keel you.

Seriously, our LS RDM didn't have a macro for the longest time, everytime he'd convert I'd have a *** heart attack. My life span is shorter because of him...

Pay attention and you wont have a heart attack... I still refuse to put any warning in my convert maccro
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 12:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Pay attention and you wont have a heart attack... I still refuse to put any warning in my convert maccro

I admit rdms convertin has freaked me out at times.... but i'ma blm. My reaction isn't 'cast cure' at all. I immediately check to see if what ate him is coming after me next. Might need to get that sleep/warp macro in action. Call me selfish lol
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-06-10 12:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Suni said:
Personally, only macros i use that have /p text is Protectra/Shellra, Convert, stun and Elegy.

I just don't enjoy filling up the /p chat with loads of <calls> and random quotes for abilities.

Ditto. Guess they maybe helpful to newbs even if they are annoying /p macros. The majority of them are unessisary and I find very irritating :\ I keep my opinions to myself within the party though up until the point where someone feels they need to spam <calls> in all their macros as well . . . /slap

Nieko said:
Dasva said:
[quote=XxnumbertwoxxPay attention and you wont have a heart attack... I still refuse to put any warning in my convert maccro

I admit rdms convertin has freaked me out at times.... but i'ma blm. My reaction isn't 'cast cure' at all. I immediately check to see if what ate him is coming after me next. Might need to get that sleep/warp macro in action. Call me selfish lol

^ And that's funny... undoubtedly selfish tho :P ^
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 12:03:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Rowland said:

I keel you.

yeah, but who ever watches the RDM in an exp situation? It ain't like they're tanking...I just see red health out of the corner of my eye. And I'm usually main heal....that's my job.

And really, why is it such a big deal to say /p {Convert}? It ain't like the macro is too full for the /p line...
 Cerberus.Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 12:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Lilsanchez said:
Suni said:
Personally, only macros i use that have /p text is Protectra/Shellra, Convert, stun and Elegy.

I just don't enjoy filling up the /p chat with loads of <calls> and random quotes for abilities.

Ditto. Guess they maybe helpful to newbs even if they are annoying /p macros. The majority of them are unessisary and I find very irritating :\ I keep my opinions to myself within the party though up until the point where someone feels they need to spam <calls> in all their macros as well . . . /slap

I use calls in low level parties when i'm pulling frankly cuz I've often died or the mob depopped because no one in the pt was paying attention to grab hate. But those macros only last thru qufim.
 Ramuh.Lilsanchez
By Ramuh.Lilsanchez 2009-06-10 12:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Any RDM who uses convert macro should be smart is all. No one should have to worry. Sure you may look back at the RDM just to see if they got aggro or something but 99.9% of the time there is never any need to panic. I'd never put a warning convert macro on my RDM convert.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-10 12:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Rowland said:

I keel you.

yeah, but who ever watches the RDM in an exp situation? It ain't like they're tanking...I just see red health out of the corner of my eye. And I'm usually main heal....that's my job.

And really, why is it such a big deal to say /p {Convert}? It ain't like the macro is too full for the /p line...

You don't need to watch the rdm you should already being watching tank and realize he still has the mob... or that rdms don't go to the red instantly.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-10 12:09:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Rowland said:

I keel you.

You don't need to watch the rdm you should already being watching tank and realize he still has the mob... or that rdms don't go to the red instantly.

Again, why is it such a big deal to say "Convert"?