Neo-Salvage Gear Discussion
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-12 13:45:17
Link | Quote | Reply

As underwhelming as most of this is, if either of the morri bodys has +2 refresh i'll be happy. Sch needs a better looking idle body. Chasubles suck.
[+]
By Avitori 2012-12-12 13:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

Can you give some examples of level 75 stuff that beats these? I'm just not seeing it unless I'm drastically overlooking some stuff. And level 85-90 stuff you're mentioning? I agree to some extent, but think some of you guys are WAY over-reacting.

I don't think he is overreacting personally, many people were looking forward to this update and it really was a deciding factor on whether or not to play this game again. All they have to look forward to now is the next expansion.

Not to mention they broke a few things in the update and there are a few problems with the game atm. (at least for me there is lol)
 Bahamut.Relliik
Server: Bahamut
user: Rellikk
By Bahamut.Relliik 2012-12-12 13:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anybody also miss the STR+6 acc+3 ring? I'll take -1 STR for 3 acc on WS for sure. Especially for multi-hit.

Where did you see this?
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-12-12 13:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ares would've been better off left alone in its former lvl 75 glory.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-12-12 13:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

why the *** did they remove haste from the skadi legs?
[+]
By Avitori 2012-12-12 13:46:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
As underwhelming as most of this is, if either of the morri bodys has +2 refresh i'll be happy. Sch needs a better looking idle body. Chasubles suck.

Yeah I hope so too. Really liked the morrigan body look.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-12 13:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anybody also miss the STR+6 acc+3 ring? I'll take -1 STR for 3 acc on WS for sure. Especially for multi-hit.

I'll respond to the other post in a minute but, worthless if that 1str lowers fstr, and what mobs other than legion would you need acc on?

Future content? Idk, but it seems that some people also don't/can't cap acc in legion (which seems understandable. I haven't done it, but that seems to be a common complaint)
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-12 13:47:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Relliik said: »

Where did you see this?

Candent Ring Lv99 Rings STR+6 Accuracy+3 All / JOB21 / JOB22

It's in the BG link on the OP.
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-12-12 13:47:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Heres the problem dear friend,
The truth is all these pieces of gear are crap, we are at level 99, expecting some real endgame events to come back and spring life into this game. all this game needs is a challenging/rewarding endgame event to get us through till the next expansion (or even further). and salvage 2.0 should have been the one to do that. salvage 1.0 was the epeen endgame event for years.

why would i even do salvage 2.0 for pieces of gear that do not beat some of my lvl 75 gear and most of my lvl 85~90 gear from abyssea?

there is no incentive worthwhile enough to do this new event which in turn makes these pieces of gear utterly crap. combined with the fact that we are level 99 now and still have no super epeen amazing gear other than nyzule Isle 2.0 (and some of those are just situational pieces/macros....)

for all the rngs and whms there will be some gear worth getting, for the rest of the community these new gears are complete crap.

So far I have seen SAM, RNG, WHM, BRD, SMN, BLM, DNC, SCH, PUP, and BLU sentiments in this thread and a corresponding BG thread expressing interest in several pieces. That's half the jobs in the game. While I agree that the game needs more things to get us through to the next expansion, I think "the truth is" your statements are overly broad and masquerading opinion as fact.
By Valentine 2012-12-12 13:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

We're already waiting for Neo Salvage "2.0" wherein we'll upgrade those salvage armors +1 into +2!!!
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-12-12 13:49:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone bought the porter slip and traded it on the test server to get all this gear? Would be easy to knock out refresh values and stuff like that.
By Enuyasha 2012-12-12 13:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Mahoro said: »
The truth is all these pieces of gear are crap, we are at level 99, expecting some real endgame events to come back and spring life into this game. all this game needs is a challenging/rewarding endgame event to get us through till the next expansion (or even further). and salvage 2.0 should have been the one to do that. salvage 1.0 was the epeen endgame event for years.

why would i even do salvage 2.0 for pieces of gear that do not beat some of my lvl 75 gear and most of my lvl 85~90 gear from abyssea?

there is no incentive worthwhile enough to do this new event which in turn makes these pieces of gear utterly crap. combined with the fact that we are level 99 now and still have no super epeen amazing gear other than nyzule Isle 2.0 (and some of those are just situational pieces/macros....)

for all the rngs and whms there will be some gear worth getting, for the rest of the community these new gears are complete crap.

So far I have seen SAM, RNG, WHM, BRD, SMN, BLM, DNC, SCH, PUP, and BLU sentiments in this thread and a corresponding BG thread expressing interest in several pieces. While I agree that the game needs more things to get us through to the next expansion, I think "the truth is" your statements are overly broad and masquerading opinion as fact.
PLD too. My Sanguine Blade/MAWS set just got epic in the hands slot.
 Cerberus.Meatster
Server: Cerberus
user: Meatster
By Cerberus.Meatster 2012-12-12 13:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to black ops it is.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-12 13:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also if the Zanshin rate on the Omodaka body is on par/better than AF3+2 sam body that item has a use too.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2012-12-12 13:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

As other WHMs have spoken earlier in the thread, some of the Marduk pieces are making me very happy. Glad to see some melee love in that department.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-12-12 13:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

So far I have seen SAM, RNG, WHM, BRD, SMN, BLM, DNC, SCH, PUP, and BLU sentiments in this thread and a corresponding BG thread expressing interest in several pieces. That's half the jobs in the game. While I agree that the game needs more things to get us through to the next expansion, I think "the truth is" your statements are overly broad and masquerading opinion as fact.

the fact is that you have seen those people say "hmm derp ok, i'll accept these sidegrade to hold me off for now 8D"

when in fact they should be contesting this fully, this is a slap in the face to a large part of the community, If you can't see that then just keep your hater blockers on and keep playing this game of constant sidegrades >.>
 Lakshmi.Mahoro
Server: Lakshmi
user: Mahoro577
By Lakshmi.Mahoro 2012-12-12 13:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghaleon, I will just say there is a difference between sidegrades and minor upgrades, and leave it at that. I agree they could have put more items in to make all the Resolution DRK's and Ukko WAR's increase their performance on ADL and Legion mobs by 1%. If they did, I imagine the update would have been called a rousing success. But did you really expect a wholesale obsolescence of gear a year before an expansion and a short time after NNI?
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-12-12 13:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

the truth is, that you've only seen those people say "I'm ok with this sidegrade" and ignoring everyone else who is bitching because of a ***tier gear upgrade.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-12 13:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

when in fact they should be contesting this fully, this is a slap in the face to a large part of the community, If you can't see that then just keep your hater blockers on and keep playing this game of constant sidegrades >.>

Are you expecting every update to include upgrades to all slots for all jobs? I'm just wondering now where your expectations are, and if they are far too unreasonable. NNI gear was pretty huge when it came out. It wasn't all full time gear, but some of those pieces are pretty f-in spectacular. Just sayin'
By Enuyasha 2012-12-12 13:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Im used to the "Bitchateverything" status effect SE seems to inflict on most of you...so i think i built up a resistance job trait over the 10 years of "whydafuqSE" everyone spouts. So have fun with that.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-12-12 13:57:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ghaleon, I will just say there is a difference between sidegrades and minor upgrades, and leave it at that. I agree they could have put more items in to make all the Resolution DRK's and Ukko WAR's increase their performance on ADL and Legion mobs by 1%, but did you really expect a wholesale obsolescence of gear a year before an expansion?

I was expecting Salvage 2.0, new gearsets to rival af3+2 (or better tbh) for not just sams and drks and wars, but for all jobs.

All jobs to have a new gearset, at the very least something like NNI tier and have some of them be worthwhile while others are macro pieces.

the ***they gave us... you guys are literally *** happy over 3-5pieces out of the 20+ they gave us..

why man? ask yourself why you are able to accept this, and if you are really honestly happy with this update.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-12 13:57:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
A lot of ppl are calling it all crap, but i see a lot of side-grades. There are some pieces ppl will want off the bat *Marduk head, pet haste+ crap, etc* but there are still useful side grades especially to hybrid evasion sets for the Skadi set(s). now will a lot of these side grade pieces be worth the effort of getting? for some yes, for other who were expecting new uber gear probably not. Calling it all crap because you were expecting better is misleading though.

Don't be fooled and let this slide by, we should all raise our pitchforks and complain atm, because from what i saw with matsui's letter i think he is expecting it...

I am seriously disappointed with this game and the direction this new director is taking it. was really hoping to come back and play again :/

If you were looking at this update in hopes for pieces that were more than situational, then you were bound to be disappointed. Rehashed events definitely arent going to be what revives this game. SE is giving its playerbase filler events to hold them off til the expansion, which is where your hopes for revival should be pointed. This update released quite a bit of situational/worthwhile pieces to get with bits of crap pieces sprinkled in here & there which is what most ppl expected.

If you look at a new update with the incentive of "Oh i havent tried it but because the items arent epeen enough for me to enjoy the content" youre asking to be disappointed. Save that attitude for the expansion. I look at this as "new event? that means new gear that will give me some new goals to work towards with friends & hey it might be fun".
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2012-12-12 14:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Alot of this gear doesn't seem to upgrade any of the "main" jobs such as drk or even war to much extent, but each piece seems to offer less used jobs an equalizer, like usuakane on PUP, My only question is, How powerful is the set bonus? IE Morrigans +20 MAB? would be a very powerful set if this was the case, or the DA on Ares+1 if its also like 20% or just a dmg bonus ot DA? Dat. mines has shown some info tho but I need more to go off until I can access whether quit ffxi or continue.

Alot of hype but no Cigar!

Perhaps if we look at NNI after no more embrava this gear would be the upgrade to get to make NNI doable? Which wouldn't keep alot of the players which already have it and would be like 1 years too late really.

No move speed on Morrigans? For shame SE!
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-12-12 14:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of ppl are calling it all crap, but i see a lot of side-grades. There are some pieces ppl will want off the bat *Marduk head, pet haste+ crap, etc* but there are still useful side grades especially to hybrid evasion sets for the Skadi set(s). now will a lot of these side grade pieces be worth the effort of getting? for some yes, for other who were expecting new uber gear probably not. Calling it all crap because you were expecting better is misleading though.

Don't be fooled and let this slide by, we should all raise our pitchforks and complain atm, because from what i saw with matsui's letter i think he is expecting it...

I am seriously disappointed with this game and the direction this new director is taking it. was really hoping to come back and play again :/

If you were looking at this update in hopes for pieces that were more than situational, then you were bound to be disappointed. Rehashed events definitely arent going to be what revives this game. SE is giving its playerbase filler events to hold them off til the expansion, which is where your hopes for revival should be pointed. This update released quite a bit of situational/worthwhile pieces to get with bits of crap pieces sprinkled in here & there which is what most ppl expected.

If you look at a new update with the incentive of "Oh i havent tried it but because the items arent epeen enough for me to enjoy the content" youre asking to be disappointed. Save that attitude for the expansion. I look at this as "new event? that means new gear that will give me some new goals to work towards with friends & hey it might be fun".

while this is actually a really good response to this, the problem I'm having here is that, this is salvage 2.0. not another endgame event.

this is an event that should have been expanded upon enough to where it would be challenging/engaging/and fun enough to warrent some really good level 99 gear to replace a chunk of our current gear.

what we got was not good at all, and you should not fool yourself otherwise.

and i guess you guys are right, maybe i did have too much hope for this game. but what can you expect after spending so many years on it? :/
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-12-12 14:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure about the other pieces, but many of the marduk pieces are most definitely upgrades, albeit pretty minor ones. The cure pot head is amazing for those who a -mitra is out of reach, or they don't want to spend the gil on it.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/User_talk:Cairthenn

There's a couple cool grips/ammos on there.

Quote:
Oreiad's Tathlum 99 - MND+4 Magic Accuracy+1 WHM / BLM / RDM / BRD / SMN / SCH

Beats anything currently for a whm ammo.

Quote:
Erlene's Notebook 99 - "Magic Attack Bonus"+3 Enmity-2 All / JOB21 / JOB22

Anyone have any sort of idea where these would come from?
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-12-12 14:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll decide if I'm happy with this update when we find out how many Alexandrites you can get per run.

But yeah, this gear is meh at best.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-12 14:03:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
I'll decide if I'm happy with this update when we find out how many Alexandrites you can get per run.
I really don't think it will be as much as normal salvage, but that's just my opinion.

I think their justification for lowering the amount would be because you get more powerful gear in new salvage, so to keep interest in old they would make that the primary source of alex.

just guessing though.
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2012-12-12 14:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

looking at it from a BRD perspective, but I was pretty impressed with the Marduk's attire :d

Marduk's Tiara +1(CHR+13/Singing Skill+12) beats Hyaline Hat for debuffing.
Marduk's Shalwar +1(CHR+15/Wind Instrument Skill+11) beats Aoidos' Rhingrave +2 for debuffing.
Marduk's Dastanas +1(Song Spellcasting Time -7%) beat Schellenband and Aneirin's Gloves for precast.

Marduk's Jubbah+1/Nabu's Crackows also might be some good precast pieces(considering all jobs that can use) depending on the value of Fast Cast given. Especially on BRD, activating the extra Fast Cast from the set bonus pairing Body/Hands+1 together.

Odin.Calipso said: »
Nabu's Crackows
Beats nares a little (for brd) as a debuff piece.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Nares still better? I'm a bit unsure of most targets' CHR values nowadays. CHR+8 M.Acc+7 VS CHR+10 Wind+3. On most things, Nares would have 11 Magic Accuracy, and Nabu's would have 8. If target has a higher CHR value than you, than assume 1 CHR = 1 M.Acc, so would be an even 13 VS 13.
[+]
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-12-12 14:04:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Enuyasha said: »
Im used to the "Bitchateverything" status effect SE seems to inflict on most of you...so i think i built up a resistance job trait over the 10 years of "whydafuqSE" everyone spouts. So have fun with that.

btw i actually wanted to respond to your earlier comment about matsui,

honestly i wasn't going to blame him, nor did i plan on it. but at the end of the day he is the director of this game.

and honestly some of the ***he says in his forum messages just rub me the wrong way (could totally be a translation error though so)

not going to bother quoting it but in his latest post, he pretty much told everybody on the forums they will be ignored for at least a week while they respond to everybody posting about this update (what does that mean i wonder? hmm...)

edit- it's funny cause i usually don't complain about stuff this much. I think it's probably the big letdown SE just gave me, was totally waiting to come back to this game again and play with some friends.

but i probably won't now. some of you might ask "but ghal, wry not just play with friends and be happy teehee 8D"

because i was tired of afking in PJ half the day with nothing to do, i have all the NNI gear, and that was actually pretty fun and took some effort to get. i have the emps i want and the relic i wanted. and I'm not going to spend another 2-3 months dual/tri boxing more weapons.

all i wanted was a good solid event to keep me coming back for more, until the new expansion arrived. but sadly i guess i was hoping for too much :/
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14 15