Cerberus.Maeldiar
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-12-12 12:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »
Aeyela said: »
Skadi's Legs +1 look pretty damn hot for Ranger.

Quote:
DEF:52 Accuracy+7 Attack+17 Ranged Accuracy+7 Ranged Attack+17 "Store TP"+8 Set: Increases rate of critical hits

no way it beats sylvan bragues +2 with true shot +1. the only difference is 5 rattk and 7acc stp -1, unless they totally powered up the set crit hit to extremes.

What if you can't be in true shot range? If you have enough stp that is.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2012-12-12 12:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
Hard to compete vs Skyrim's 11/11/11

more in reference to the salvage bans since its the same amount of *** goin on
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-12-12 12:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nabu's body
Body: DEF:54 HP+5% MP+5% STR+10 INT+10 MND+10 CHR+10 "Double Attack"+3% Haste+4%

mjollnir whm rejoice?

really wish they added sch to marduk set rather than morrigan.. still waiting for someone to craft a mitre -1 on my server :\
[+]
By Althyk 2012-12-12 12:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

With the exception of Ares legs +1 and Body +1 (upheaval?) can war use any pieces from this set to replace any of the other gear available now?
By Xenshi 2012-12-12 12:51:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SE just......./sigh, only a few pieces are even side grades.
[+]
 Sylph.Aragonas
Server: Sylph
user: Aragonas
By Sylph.Aragonas 2012-12-12 12:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Morrigan's Robe +1 DEF:55 STR+12 INT+12 MND+12 Accuracy+13 "Magic Attack Bonus"+13 Adds "Refresh" effect Set: Enhances "Magic Atk. Bonus" effect BLM / RDM / BLU / SCH

Looks like on par/slightly better than MAgavan Frock for BLU atm.

Also, Morrigan Cuffs +1 good alt for Blu's that dont have Emp +2 Hands.

Other pieces, meh.
By catlord 2012-12-12 13:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is pretty much what i expected, 75 cap gear upgraded to 99 stats. Those of you that were looking for NNI level power creep were fooling yourselves. NNI was supposed to be impossible to get but everyone cheated their way through it. This is the past, present, and future of ffxi. Slight upgrades and sidegrades.

What I noticed:
Usukanae sune-ate +1 for sam, we are happy. let's us drop rose grip finally for duplus grip. Should be better dps. Have to test.

omodaka sune-ate. New sam ws feet.

skadi jambeaux +1 , bst 18% movement? prb still 12%.

omodaka hizayoroi for pup , 4% haste for poppet and 6% still for master.

fea's cuffs for blu hands physical spells and blu buffs.

MAB +3 ammo.

An idle axe for bst.. adds pet regen. meh.

A GA that sometimes prevents weakness... like...weakness from dying weakness? >.>

Free oranges from a level 1 shield.
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
Server: Ragnarok
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-12-12 13:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

do you like feas? D;
By catlord 2012-12-12 13:05:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I missed skadi hands +1.. pet haste 3% works.
 Cerberus.Corphish
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-12-12 13:07:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
Nabu's body
Body: DEF:54 HP+5% MP+5% STR+10 INT+10 MND+10 CHR+10 "Double Attack"+3% Haste+4%

mjollnir whm rejoice?
I wonder... Heka maybe still better for Realm(?), but solid Hexa piece. Dunno if the DA+% warrants a replacement for the Shedir (for TP), though..
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-12-12 13:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If these are the final stats on the gear, then this would have to be a fun, challenging but fair event for me to even consider coming back =/
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-12-12 13:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Corphish said: »
Nabu's body

mjollnir whm rejoice?
I wonder... Heka maybe still better for Realm(?), but solid Hexa piece. Dunno if the DA+% warrants a replacement for the Shedir (for TP), though..
Maybe if you didn't need the ACC, but idk :(

Now I don't think I like that body either so much :(
 Cerberus.Corphish
user: Lobster
By Cerberus.Corphish 2012-12-12 13:15:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Cerberus.Corphish said: »
Nabu's body

mjollnir whm rejoice?
Maybe if you didn't need the ACC, but idk :(

Now I don't think I like that body either so much :(
I've been using lolredingote, so I guess this is an upgrade for me.

I guess it looks prettier, too...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-12 13:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody is looking at ANY of the new usukane from a pup perspective? That ***looks dooooooope. I'd use the pants+1 for sure. Yeah 3% WS dmg on legion-augmented pants is nice but 20 attack is kind of huge for pup. Also the omodaka feet look pretty solid as they have the DA+3 the thaumas nails already have, but with the added STR that the nails don't normally have. Also the body has crit rate+4. ***looks siiiiiick.

And as for the "it's all crap" sentiment, refer to my avi. Pinkie is not amused... lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-12-12 13:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

A lot of ppl are calling it all crap, but i see a lot of side-grades. There are some pieces ppl will want off the bat *Marduk head, pet haste+ crap, etc* but there are still useful side grades especially to hybrid evasion sets for the Skadi set(s). now will a lot of these side grade pieces be worth the effort of getting? for some yes, for other who were expecting new uber gear probably not. Calling it all crap because you were expecting better is misleading though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-12-12 13:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

ares body will have 5/5 regen / refresh....

please:<
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-12 13:25:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Caudata belt should have had pup on it! :( omg... that would have been sooooooooo nice :(
By Enuyasha 2012-12-12 13:32:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Nobody is looking at ANY of the new usukane from a pup perspective? That ***looks dooooooope. I'd use the pants+1 for sure. Yeah 3% WS dmg on legion-augmented pants is nice but 20 attack is kind of huge for pup. Also the omodaka feet look pretty solid as they have the DA+3 the thaumas nails already have, but with the added STR that the nails don't normally have. Also the body has crit rate+4. ***looks siiiiiick.

And as for the "it's all crap" sentiment, refer to my avi. Pinkie is not amused... lol

Yea, i looked at Usukane +1/omodaka for PUP :<

Also, anyone think they added this subpar gear for everyone else so we can "have better gear" to complete NNI? That thought bounced around in my head after remembering that post :<
[+]
 Bahamut.Relliik
Server: Bahamut
user: Rellikk
By Bahamut.Relliik 2012-12-12 13:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Good-***-bye aces feet.

Those feet are ugly as ***.

#iSam #Sam4lyfe
By Quil 2012-12-12 13:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone find the npc to look at whats needed to upgrade Salvage gear cause its not the old npc
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2012-12-12 13:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Mithra near porter moogle in WG, theres no details untill you bring her an EX item, presumably from Salvage II
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-12-12 13:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
A lot of ppl are calling it all crap, but i see a lot of side-grades. There are some pieces ppl will want off the bat *Marduk head, pet haste+ crap, etc* but there are still useful side grades especially to hybrid evasion sets for the Skadi set(s). now will a lot of these side grade pieces be worth the effort of getting? for some yes, for other who were expecting new uber gear probably not. Calling it all crap because you were expecting better is misleading though.

Heres the problem dear friend,
The truth is all these pieces of gear are crap, we are at level 99, expecting some real endgame events to come back and spring life into this game. all this game needs is a challenging/rewarding endgame event to get us through till the next expansion (or even further). and salvage 2.0 should have been the one to do that. salvage 1.0 was the epeen endgame event for years.

why would i even do salvage 2.0 for pieces of gear that do not beat some of my lvl 75 gear and most of my lvl 85~90 gear from abyssea?

there is no incentive worthwhile enough to do this new event which in turn makes these pieces of gear utterly crap. combined with the fact that we are level 99 now and still have no super epeen amazing gear other than nyzule Isle 2.0 (and some of those are just situational pieces/macros....)

for all the rngs and whms there will be some gear worth getting, for the rest of the community these new gears are complete crap.

Don't be fooled and let this slide by, we should all raise our pitchforks and complain atm, because from what i saw with matsui's letter i think he is expecting it...

I am seriously disappointed with this game and the direction this new director is taking it. was really hoping to come back and play again :/
[+]
By Quil 2012-12-12 13:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ahh ok tyvm ^^
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-12 13:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

Can you give some examples of level 75 stuff that beats these? I'm just not seeing it unless I'm drastically overlooking some stuff. And level 85-90 stuff you're mentioning? I agree to some extent, but think some of you guys are WAY over-reacting.
[+]
By Enuyasha 2012-12-12 13:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad to see the lolMatsui comments are on full rage after this update, knew it had to come sooner or later. Can we make up a nice Japanese pronounced word for him too?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-12 13:41:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anybody also miss the STR+6 acc+3 ring? I'll take -1 STR for 3 acc on WS for sure. Especially for multi-hit.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-12-12 13:43:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Marduk stuff looks pretty nice?

• Nabu's Tiara

With this whm's can hit 500 enhancing magic w/o a scholar sub!

• Marduk's Tiara +1

Really really nice thing for people who can't get mitras.

• Marduk's Dastanas +1

Beats both Schellen and the Meeble piece as a pre-cast piece for brd.

• Marduk's Shalwar

Would probably be worth losing a set piece for brd (minus ballads).

• Nabu's Shalwar

Small upgrade as a precast piece over Orison Legs, can double as an enfeeb piece too.

• Marduk's Crackows +1

Nice enfeeb piece.

• Nabu's Crackows

(Edit: Fixed)Can beat nares situationally (for brd) as a debuff piece.

• Nabu's Jubbah

Whm melee rejoice?

• Marduk's Jubbah +1

Not too sure about this one. Guess it depends how much the refresh ends up being.

Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-12-12 13:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Did anybody also miss the STR+6 acc+3 ring? I'll take -1 STR for 3 acc on WS for sure. Especially for multi-hit.

I'll respond to the other post in a minute but, worthless if that 1str lowers fstr, and what mobs other than legion would you need acc on?
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15