Favorite RPG/SRPG/somethingRPG
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-26 12:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Frankly I just miss playing on the good ole SNES... though I do have one and bust it out every now and then

Yeah same here...mines currently stashed away again, but I got my ZSNES and a bajillion roms on my media center when I get the urge. ^^

I want to get a few of those SNES to USB adapters to make it more "authentic", but 360 controller plus PC dongle works just as good. Kudos to Microsoft for making that thing, dunno how I'd play my N64 roms without it ^^
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-26 12:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Legend of Dragoon had some of the best voice acting for the time I thought and a great battle system. <3
User submitted image

And then Brave Fencer Musashi. Oh how I love that punky purple headed dual sword wielding kid.
I wish I still had my copy of that game too... ; ;
User submitted image
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-26 12:03:03
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember the story for FF8 that well, it's been years since I completed it. I might have to play it again to see what justifies their emoness. Cloud was *** up physically as much as he was mentally so there's some justification there. But at the start, squall seems like such a stoic *** for no reason.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-26 12:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Brave Fencer was funny. EVERYONE was named after a food in that game. o.o

Anyway. Go play Lunar. Nowz. Everyone. Naowz.
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 12:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
The best RPG's imo, due to story would have to be Lunar: Silver Star Story and Lunar: Eternal Blue.

lol...the only thing I remember from lunar was how you'd get pics of all the girls <.>
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-26 12:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
And then Brave Fencer Musashi. Oh how I love that punky purple headed dual sword wielding kid.
I wish I still had my copy of that game too... ; ;
User submitted image

Agreed! I don't have that anymore either, but had tons of fun playing it back in the day.

Hurray for letting people borrow ***and then never seeing it again! >.<

Artemicion said:
I don't remember the story for FF8 that well, it's been years since I completed it. I might have to play it again to see what justifies their emoness. Cloud was *** up physically as much as he was mentally so there's some justification there. But at the start, squall seems like such a stoic *** for no reason.

Yeah, I wanna play that again, too. Had it for PC, but never got it to work right and the couple images I downloaded were broken, too. Gonna try and find an actual PSX version used somewhere to give it another shot...I feel that I was too hard on that game when it first came out (after VII I'm sure a lot of people felt that way) but in retrospect might appreciate it more.

Also gotta play FFX-2...bought it, and the guide, and never touched the freaking thing lol. Heard it's lame from a bunch of people, but eh, worth a shot. Hard to fit it in with FFXI, COD5, and the other games I play though...
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-26 12:04:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:

Well. A lot of orphaned kids who never got adopted end up like that. But later in the game he turns more "Alright, I'll go. It doesn't make sence, but fine. Rinoa comes? Sweet, booty call. kk, bai ya'll."
 Bismarck.Makai
Server: Bismarck
user: M4k4i
By Bismarck.Makai 2009-05-26 12:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

My favorite rpg and favorite game: Xenogears! I wuuv it.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-26 12:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:
Eternaltriumph said:
The best RPG's imo, due to story would have to be Lunar: Silver Star Story and Lunar: Eternal Blue.

lol...the only thing I remember from lunar was how you'd get pics of all the girls <.>

I hate you. xD So much. But yes, for the perverts in here! You get almost nudes of the female girl characters if you look good enough!
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-26 12:06:09
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, okay I remember a little now. I don't really care for the orphan card being played. It's relevance in FF8 was played out poorly and even worse in FF12 as Vaan had literally nothing to do with the game at all. He just tagged along for the ride.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-26 12:06:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY ZELDA!!!

User submitted image

User submitted image

fat ninja edit: ok, I didnt know that was in Spanish lol

User submitted image
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-26 12:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Agreed! I don't have that anymore either, but had tons of fun playing it back in the day.

Yeah. That's what happened to me. Except it was a girl who I broke her heart... so she kept my game... and made a video out of almost burning it for me watch... Sick ***... ; ;
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 12:10:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Zelda never has and never will be an rpg in my book <.>
 Midgardsormr.Argento
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-05-26 12:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ludoggy said:

^^This
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-26 12:13:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Yeah. That's what happened to me. Except it was a girl who I broke her heart... so she kept my game... and made a video out of almost burning it for me watch... Sick ***... ; ;

xD wtf. Did she break up with you because you were addicted to games or something? That seems like an awfully stupid way to get back at someone. rofl
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-26 12:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
Zekky said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

xD wtf. Did she break up with you because you were addicted to games or something? That seems like an awfully stupid way to get back at someone. rofl

No... I broke her heart and she knew how much I loved that game... I loved it so much that she actually named her cat Musashi. But I fell for another girl and the rest is history. =(

Ludoggy said:

I don't know how so... You interact with NPCs, your character gets stronger, their is a story, you control the outcome of Zelda and what happens if you do the main quests or side quests.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 12:20:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Zelda is an action/adventure/puzzle game.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-26 12:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Zelda is an RPG Doggy, it may not be as advanced as FF or whatever, but it still can constitute as an RPG
 Asura.Vespera
By Asura.Vespera 2009-05-26 12:24:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because there's no random battles doesn't make it a non-rpg. Everything else falls into place.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 12:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess God Of War is an rpg too, same with dynasty warriors this and that hack and slash,
hell I guess Rome:Total war isn't a strategy game its an RPG.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-26 12:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

In bare basics, it probably isn't an RPG if battles in itself don't improve character growth in levels or skill points to allocate. :/
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-26 12:28:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Comparing oranges to apples. Good job.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 12:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekky said:
Comparing oranges to apples. Good job.

Zelda is an apple when a real rpg is an orange <.<
 Fairy.Mykoto
user: Mykoto
By Fairy.Mykoto 2009-05-26 12:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, Much as I <3 Zelda, it is not an RPG. It is considered an action/adventure. You do not gain levels with Link, he doesn't *technically* get stronger (unless you include more heart containers, but that doesn't make him stronger, only prolongs his life... and the new weapons don't make him stronger either, just more versatile).

In anycase, I very much enjoy the entire Final Fantasy series as a whole. But my particular favs being:

FFIV (My very first FF, and rpg, so it holds a special place in my heart :3 )
FFVI
FFIX
Secret of Mana
Chrono Trigger
 Fairy.Ariant
user: Ariant
By Fairy.Ariant 2009-05-26 12:34:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy 10.

Flame Shield, ACTIVATE!
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 12:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ariant said:
Final Fantasy 10.

Flame Shield, ACTIVATE!

you said 10...not 12
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-26 12:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I'd like to play Final Fantasy X again, only without the godawful voice acting. Took away from the game so much IMHO...
 Fairy.Ariant
user: Ariant
By Fairy.Ariant 2009-05-26 12:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
You know, I'd like to play Final Fantasy X again, only without the godawful voice acting. Took away from the game so much IMHO...

Just play with the TV muted. I actually just captured 10 of every monster in the game. (Finally)
 Midgardsormr.Argento
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-05-26 12:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

What on earth are you talking about?
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-26 12:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah...X would have gotten you flamed before XII came out man. But XII just made X look like a god send. If XIII is like XII, after having like 5 years to make it...I see SE getting burned to the ground.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7