Favorite RPG/SRPG/somethingRPG
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-26 10:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

FFtactics ps1, GBA and psp. I am a Tactics junkie. I recreated my FFXI character on Tactics War of the Lions :D (thank you lioneditor<3).

Apart from that omgoodness Legend of Dragoon ps1, Magna Carta ps2, Tales of Symphonia gamecube (well..the whole "tales of" series) and lately been playing a lot of FFIII DS.
 Cerberus.Oric
Server: Cerberus
user: Oric
By Cerberus.Oric 2009-05-26 10:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Skyshadow said:
I got a whole bunch of games but I really enjoyed PSO (Phantasy Star Online) for DC and GC, was my favorite game for a few years, I still really like it. Dont think alot of people agree with me tho. It was a nice hack and slash mmo, and who doesnt like andriod chicks with metal miniskirts!

^This! ftw
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Server: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-05-26 10:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Jax said:
Zelda?

:D

User submitted image
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-26 10:29:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Never played PSO but I did dabble in Phantasy Star portable for a few months which is an awesome hack and slash portable rpg.
 Unicorn.Ellimist
user: Ellimist
By Unicorn.Ellimist 2009-05-26 10:30:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne.
Final Fantasy X, XII, Tactics
Vagrant Story
Vagrant Story
and OMG Vagrant Story
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-26 10:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Alyria said:
Legend of Dragoon
Chrono Cross
FF series except X-2
Super Mario RPG

Plenty of others but cant remember a few names
For whatever reason as a kid I didn't like Legend of Dragoon. Maybe this even transcends into FFXI 'goon hating? I've been trying to find the game for awhile, but no luck so I'm not sure if I'll ever get to revisit it. Also, I think one of my favorite moments of Mario RPG was getting to fight the martial arts monster in his dojo. lol And Geno's star gunnery!

Dasva said:
Secret of evermore was just non stop hilariousness as well as a good rpg with references to cecil from ff yeah awesome
It really was. I couldn't fully appreciate it the first time I played through as a kid. lol

Jax said:
Zelda?

:D
Yes! OoT and Link to the Past are still and will always be classics. Finally getting the gold gauntlets and tossing a *** mountain in OoT will always be memorable. lol
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-26 10:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyjazz said:
FFtactics ps1, GBA and psp. I am a Tactics junkie. I recreated my FFXI character on Tactics War of the Lions :D (thank you lioneditor<3).

Apart from that omgoodness Legend of Dragoon ps1, Magna Carta ps2, Tales of Symphonia gamecube (well..the whole "tales of" series) and lately been playing a lot of FFIII DS.
After PS1 tactics being my first real strategy RPG, everything after seems a little more dull in comparison. I didn't like the first "Advance" Tactics at all, really, because it felt watered down. The 2nd isn't toooooo bad.

Ellimist said:
Shin Megami Tensei 3: Nocturne.
Final Fantasy X, XII, Tactics
Vagrant Story
Vagrant Story
and OMG Vagrant Story
:D Did you obsess over getting the badass weapons too? lol The minotaur's giant ..steel ball was so wrong. I wanted Rosenpantz' giant golden cross at the end, too. I never even looked into whether it was possible to get it or not. :o
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-26 10:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Super Mario RPG
FFXI
Twelve Sky
FF7 & 8
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-26 11:03:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Suprised no one mentioned FF1 yet. That game is still one of my favs.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-05-26 11:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
After PS1 tactics being my first real strategy RPG, everything after seems a little more dull in comparison. I didn't like the first "Advance" Tactics at all, really, because it felt watered down. The 2nd isn't toooooo bad.

The only issue I had with advance was the removal of charge times for ranged attacks and magicks. It allowed for certain classes to become too overpowered *coughdoublecastsummons. Haven't played the second advance yet, need moar monies before picking it up.

The PSP war of the lions is more or less a direct port of the original ps1 game with some cool new additions. Probably my most favorite game of all time.
 Kujata.Xial
Server: Kujata
user: xial
By Kujata.Xial 2009-05-26 11:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Xenogears (original)
Star Ocean: 2nd Story
Final fantasy: VII, VIII, X, and XII
Super Mario RPG: LotSS
 Titan.Jawwz
Server: Titan
user: Jawwz
By Titan.Jawwz 2009-05-26 11:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I would like to ask why FFVII isn't on everyone's list?
 Midgardsormr.Argento
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Argento
By Midgardsormr.Argento 2009-05-26 11:10:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Jawwz said:

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan. It's good, but I prefer a lot of RPG's to it.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-26 11:12:07
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Needs moar

User submitted image
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-26 11:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Lufia & The Fortress of Doom

Such a good game ^^
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-26 11:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Such a good game ^^

Lol I especially love how it starts at the end of the next one... so if like me you played lufia 2 first... your like wait a sec... I've done this before but with better graphics
 Unicorn.Excesspain
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-05-26 11:17:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Jawwz said:

Because it is overrated. I loved it but the earlier FF games blow it out of the water IMO.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-26 11:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Such a good game ^^

Lol I especially love how it starts at the end of the next one... so if like me you played lufia 2 first... your like wait a sec... I've done this before but with better graphics

Yeah, I never really played the second one...I should look for a ROM somewhere, heard it was pretty good too. They were working on a third at some point, but think it got cancelled way back and the game is currently in development hell...

Oh well, woulda been nice ^^
 Leviathan.Shurtugal
Server: Leviathan
user: Shurtugal
By Leviathan.Shurtugal 2009-05-26 11:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Super Mario RPG: LotSS
Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete
Golden Sun 1 and 2 and
Pokemon Yellow! I played that game pretty much everyday when it came out.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-26 11:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Dasva said:
Xxnumbertwoxx said:

Such a good game ^^

Yeah, I never really played the second one...I should look for a ROM somewhere, heard it was pretty good too. They were working on a third at some point, but think it got cancelled way back and the game is currently in development hell...

Oh well, woulda been nice ^^

Actually I think they made a 3rd and 4th but they were like handheld only or something and different storyline idk never played them. Yeah great thing about 2 is even after you've beat it alot the ancient cave is awesome especially if your not roming it and actually have to beat it without dieing vs save stating alot. Its kinda hard and fairly randomly generated funness if your into dungeon crawling. Lots and lots of storyline in that game too.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-05-26 11:36:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Final Fantasy V.
 Lakshmi.Alaric
Server: Lakshmi
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-26 11:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Zelda
Final Fantasy VII
Legend of Dragoon
Vandal Heart
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-26 11:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyjazz said:
Caiyuo said:

The only issue I had with advance was the removal of charge times for ranged attacks and magicks. It allowed for certain classes to become too overpowered *coughdoublecastsummons. Haven't played the second advance yet, need moar monies before picking it up.

The PSP war of the lions is more or less a direct port of the original ps1 game with some cool new additions. Probably my most favorite game of all time.

I think my first draw to wanting to play the game was hearing they fixed the translations for the elemental guns near the end. lol I never knew they made little tweaks like that, may have to revisit this "lack of PSP" situation soon!

HAMEDO
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-26 11:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Alaric said:
Zelda
Final Fantasy VII
Legend of Dragoon
Vandal Heart

Was talking to a friend recently about Vandal Hearts and VH2. I still remember being shocked by the "anime blood spurt" effect of taking damage for such an old game. lol They're also releasing a new one for XBL/PSN soon, which should be mighty awesome.
 Lakshmi.Alaric
Server: Lakshmi
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-26 11:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be awesome, remembering Vandal Hearts again make me want to go home and play it now. I think the graphics would bother me a little but I'll get use to them quick lol.
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-26 11:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Needs moar

User submitted image

more please <.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-26 11:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Frankly I just miss playing on the good ole SNES... though I do have one and bust it out every now and then but getting most the good rpgs... cost more then when they came out lol
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-26 11:54:07

I mean cmon, what other game do you know of has monkeys, UFOs and hippies all in one game?

Earthbound is an immutable classic and will forever remain on my top list of RPGs for old school goodness.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-26 11:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

The best RPG's imo, due to story would have to be Lunar: Silver Star Story and Lunar: Eternal Blue. If you haven't played them, please go get a PS1 emulator. If you can get a Sega CD emulator, you can play the original, but it's way *** harder and has less of the CS. The CS were full animation, and one even lasted upwards of 8 minutes in Eternal Blue...which for the PS1 was freaking amazing. The gameplay was standard, but some bosses needed a strategy. @_@ (looking at you, Mega Magic Jackinthebox)

Super Mario RPG, for great Mallow justice. And FFVIII, because I thought the story on that was the best. Antihero without being super emo the whole game like cloud was. The character development really showed in VIII.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-26 11:58:17

Eternaltriumph said:
And FFVIII, because I thought the story on that was the best. Antihero without being super emo the whole game like cloud was. The character development really showed in VIII.

Ever notice how the main characters in alot of FFs are either super emo or way too happy go lucky to the point where they are borderline metrosexual; especially in how they dress.

We need more neutral badasses like Serge or Crono. Granted they never said anything throughout the entire game lol.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7