[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-05-06 21:48:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
I just wouldnt find it fun to do the event for like a week and have all the gear lol. I would rather legit earn it than be a douche and cheat because it makes it easier.
Cheating doesn't make you a douche. Being a douche because you cheated makes you a douche.
[+]
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2012-05-06 21:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Windower is cheating guys.

It's bad, and you should feel bad.

Asura.Kenrusai
Server: Asura
user: Starkzz
By Asura.Kenrusai 2012-05-06 21:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

what's going on in here
By krish 2012-05-06 22:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kenrusai said: »
what's going on in here

Someone's trying to derail our already derailed discussion.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Kaerin 2012-05-07 09:28:43
Link | Quote | Reply

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL DERAIL!

krish said: »
Ragnarok.Eriina said: »
But yeah, my group uses 2 SCH and we use communication in place of .dat swapping

It seem like even with vent and pre-setup lamb activation orders, a 5 lamp order floor is going to kill you dead in the water with just the lamp cool downtime. That's assuming you need 3 or 4 tries on average to pin down the order. If that happens do you just call it a loss and restart?

Please enlighten me.

If you get stuck on an order floor for a few minutes and are lagging behind in the floor count, and are going for 100, not 80, I would suggest calling it. To be positive though, I've really only gotten 1 order floor every other trip into neonyzul. I dunno how it is for other people, but even without dat swaps it never would of been as big of a hindrance to my group as some people suggest it is. The only problems my group ever had, was that we'd just get the absolute worst jumps possible every 3rd run or so. I'm talking 10 jumps and only be on floor 25 kind of luck. This seriously seemed to happen to every 3rd trip. I remember one time clearing 28 floors and not being on 100 yet and timing out, such BS. It was close too at the end, we thought we were gonna barely make it, then we went like 95 > 97 > WELCOME TO 99 YOU HAVE 2 MIN, CLEAR ALL AND HERE'S A KHIMEIRA AND A HYDRA AND A TURTLE. Which is typical stuff for neonyzul. lol
 Asura.Hotsoups
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-05-07 14:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaerin said: »
Cerberus.Ddbone said: »
Sorry, but I find it a little ironic that in a community where people who post misinformation get skewered so brutally, that we now consider neo-nyzul so easy to the point that optimizing a set without gear from it is worthless. It's as easy as running up to Ru'lude gardens and upgrading from a +1 to +2 relic?... at least if I read correctly.
Neo-Nyzul is easier than abyssea, even if all you use is dat swaps for the lamps. It just requires you to know what you're doing and have decent friends. Hell I went in with my mules and could clear 15 floors, if I did it 10-15 times by myself I could get a f100 win. It would just take a slightly above average cycle of floor jumps, 6.6666666 average per ??? jump would net me a f100 win just playing with my mules.

You're so full of ***your eyes are brown. No one is going to clear 15 floors by themselves with 6 instances of FFXI.

*edit* Stfu
[+]
By Kaerin 2012-05-07 14:24:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »

You're so full of ***your eyes are brown. No one is going to clear 15 floors by themselves with 6 instances of FFXI.

*edit* Stfu

So you think it's impossible to clear floors on an average time of 2 minutes each, playing just a WAR with embrava, haste, regen and phalanx, while leaving 5 characters at the rune to activate it when you win? Seriously?
GTFO gimpass.

EDIT, guess I shouldnt say that, I would stick the WHM on autofollow every floor and maybe try to do minuets.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-05-07 14:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lmao you are not clearing floors in 2 minutes with your warrior alone. I am calling you a liar.

And no one is capable of actively running around multiple characters dodging aggro, completing objectives at the same time.
[+]
By Kaerin 2012-05-07 14:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

lol you just suck at FFXI.
 Cerberus.Ddbone
Server: Cerberus
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2012-05-07 14:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember one time clearing 28 floors and not being on 100 yet and timing out, such BS.

Wow, so about 1 min/floor was your average? Maybe less actual playing time due to lags, floor ups and waiting on light activation after order etc?

No wonder its easy for your group, thats pretty good.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-07 14:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

you can do some floors in 1m, like spec mob. but no way you're doing family floors or "all mob" floors in just a minute.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-05-07 14:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You're right, I suck at XI because I'm calling you out for lying.
By Kaerin 2012-05-07 14:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember one time clearing 28 floors and not being on 100 yet and timing out, such BS.

Wow, so about 1 min/floor was your average? Maybe less actual playing time due to lags, floor ups and waiting on light activation after order etc?

No wonder its easy for your group, thats pretty good.

We were hacking the ***out of neonyzul at the time, 400% clipper, gm/maintenance flag switching, ja0wait, dat swaps, fill mode, the works. Thankfully we went 15/15 before GMs started to care.

Odin.Eikechi said: »
you can do some floors in 1m, like spec mob. but no way you're doing family floors or "all mob" floors in just a minute.

Average time per floor needs to be 2 min. Some floors can take as short as 20 seconds when you get the specified enemy and 1 room away from the rune, etc. Those floors help a lot. The only real hindrance is the code floors.
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-07 14:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

My group consistently gets kill all floors that are as big as beacudine glacier, kill all floors with 15+ mobs, or both combined.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-07 14:34:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Average time per floor needs to be 2 min. Some floors can take as short as 20 seconds when you get the specified enemy and 1 room away from the rune, etc. Those floors help a lot. The only real hindrance is the code floors.

Oh I know. I've had rooms like that (spec 1 room over, or "leader" one room over). It just takes a ton of luck with that, as well as a ton of luck with jumps. I had a shout PUG that won 1/4 attempts. Got my korazin so I can die a happy man lol
By Kaerin 2012-05-07 14:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I know. I've had rooms like that (spec 1 room over, or "leader" one room over). It just takes a ton of luck with that, as well as a ton of luck with jumps. I had a shout PUG that won 1/4 attempts. Got my korazin so I can die a happy man lol

Ya, thats all I'm saying. A fully buffed WAR is easily capable of doing 15 floors on their own, 2 min average per floor, and with some luck (6.6 average per ??? jump) you could get a f100 win. I dunno why people seem to think this is so hard.

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
My group consistently gets kill all floors that are as big as beacudine glacier, kill all floors with 15+ mobs, or both combined.

I've very rarely seen floors that were so big and cumbersome that I can recall them, so it doesn't seem like it happens that much to me. But then I was running kinda fast~
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-07 14:41:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's kind of the thing though Kaerin. A war solo (without all those hax) isn't gonna do an "all floor" in 2m, especially given some of the mob types that you can find there.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-05-07 14:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm saying it's impossible to do this on your fully buffed up warrior alone. Unless you are blatanly cheating your *** off. Like you've mentioned above.

You can't run fast enough to cover entire floors. And if you got specified families you are screwed. Or lamps at the same time you are screwed.

I think you are lying otherwise.
By Kaerin 2012-05-07 14:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's kind of the thing though Kaerin. A war solo (without all those hax) isn't gonna do an "all floor" in 2m, especially given some of the mob types that you can find there.

You don't need to do it in 2 minutes, you need to average 2 minutes per floor. if it takes you 3-4 minutes to clear, and then you get a free floor or one like spec mob 1 room away, that puts you at a 2 min average.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-07 14:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I never average 6.6 floor jumps, the times I've gotten 100 we had to do 18-21 floor jumps <_<

15 floor jumps and nowhere near 100 24/7, one time we got 15 floor jumps and were on floor 71.....

Nyzul is the second worst designed event to date, I remember when abyssea came out and I thought abyssea was the worst designed event, but nope, SE proved me wrong and released VW, an even worse designed event, then did it again with nyzul, and yet again with legion. How bad will new limbus be?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-07 15:01:02
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to do it in 2 minutes, you need to average 2 minutes per floor. if it takes you 3-4 minutes to clear, and then you get a free floor or one like spec mob 1 room away, that puts you at a 2 min average.

No I get the point of the word average lol. Just sayin' that when I went on my last run (well my only run) we had a ton of "all mob" or "family" floors. It's a lot to clear by yourself if you aren't flee hacking the bejeebus out of it.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-07 15:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My last 3 nyzul run average floor jumps: 5.6 , 5.6, and 5.2. You need 6.6 to reach 100?
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-07 15:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

My last 3 nyzul run average floor jumps: 5.6 , 5.6, and 5.2. You need 6.6 to reach 100?

At 2 minutes per floor. If you can push your average back to 90 seconds, you're fine with 5.0 avg.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-07 15:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's literally impossible to clear some(I'd say pretty much HALF) of the floors we get in 2 minutes or less even if we used clipper and ran at 300%. The floors are consistently gigantic with 15+ mobs or 5 family, and we get multiple of those a run ~_~,

I've gotten 100 a few times but it took 21+ jumps ;/ I really dislike nyzul, why can't SE figure out how to design things that challenge our ability to play the game instead of our ability to hack or roll a dice? Blizzard seems to do it fine in WOW, and their combat system + class balance + class design is beyond horrid.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Server: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2012-05-10 14:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, you'd need 7.14 average jump if you take two minutes per floor (15 floors is 14 jumps), unless floor 100 takes you 0 minutes. Highest jump average our group has had in 21 runs is 6.66 (16 floors), and only once.

So yeah, winning in 15 floors is very unlikely.
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-05-10 15:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

post videos
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-05-17 16:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Please forgive my trash set but humor me,

This is random but just a question. Could you swap out Chainmail for Velox Harness? Its that abyssea body with 2 haste on it?
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-17 16:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It's literally impossible to clear some(I'd say pretty much HALF) of the floors we get in 2 minutes or less even if we used clipper and ran at 300%. The floors are consistently gigantic with 15+ mobs or 5 family, and we get multiple of those a run ~_~,

I've gotten 100 a few times but it took 21+ jumps ;/ I really dislike nyzul, why can't SE figure out how to design things that challenge our ability to play the game instead of our ability to hack or roll a dice? Blizzard seems to do it fine in WOW, and their combat system + class balance + class design is beyond horrid.
So your point is that you have 100 gear, and you didnt get it in 2-3 days. K.