Ninja recap
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-06 19:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH is the best mage job in the game anyways.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-06 19:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

embrava is the best mage in the game.
[+]
By krish 2012-05-06 19:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Embrava is how SE gets people to buy more accounts. New events need it but don't need much else from the SCH so no one wants to play it. Solution: get a SCH mule! And if you have that, might as well get a BRD mule as well!
 Ragnarok.Eriina
Server: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2012-05-06 19:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

mortontony1 said: »
Basically what I've been wanting to know. Would only 1 person using dats/clipper or whatever be enough? I understand 6/6 would be optimal, but would 1 work?

Well, if you have good communication 1 person could tell the others what order to use I assume. However, if you had good communication in the first place you can do lamps w/o needing to .dat swap anyway.

I'm sure there are setups that work w/o 2SCH. I've heard people talk about using COR to great effect etc. But yeah, my group uses 2 SCH and we use communication in place of .dat swapping and apps so you don't need to "cheat" if you don't want to. Really just depends on what kind of play you enjoy I suppose.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-06 19:43:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wouldnt find it fun to do the event for like a week and have all the gear lol. I would rather legit earn it than be a douche and cheat because it makes it easier.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-06 19:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

krish said: »
Embrava is how SE gets people to buy more accounts. New events need it but don't need much else from the SCH so no one wants to play it. Solution: get a SCH mule! And if you have that, might as well get a BRD mule as well!
SCH is the best healer in the game, and can nuke as well as BLM. Not sure why you think SCH is like summoner and only invited for it's 2 hour, SCH is an amazing job overall, not even counting it's 2hour.

The problem is, SCH takes more skill to play than any other mage job(and almost every other job besides dnc and maybe pup), so finding a competent SCH is incredibly difficult and rare.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-05-06 19:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
SCH is the best healer in the game

you forgot the sarcastic font there.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-06 19:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

A WHM is only equal/better than SCH when if it has a yagrush. It's level 75 all over again.
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-06 19:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hybrid classes tend to take a high level of skill to master in the first place, but tend to be more attractive to less naturally skilled / more incompetent players.
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-05-06 19:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm. You must be a pretty amazing SCH, because I've never seen a SCH be able to do all that a WHM can as fast as a WHM can.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-06 19:53:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Regenga5 heals for an insane amount of hp, my cure4's heal for 1k+ without rapture and have -50 enmity, rapture cure4's are 1400+, I have haste, I have regain(they have boost-str). Our healer powers are pretty much equal, but the thing is, I have many many many many many more stratagems to accession -na all the HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE debuffs NM's and mobs use, which is why they need a yagrush to be equal to SCH.

I'm really tired right now so there might be stuff I missed.
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-05-06 19:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Divine Benison and Sacrifice are two things that come to mind when I think of why I'd prefer a WHM over a SCH between the choice of the two. And that whole cureskin thing. Not to mention and additional 2 cures and curagas if a lot of damage is being taken.

EDIT: That all being said, I'll agree that SCH can be a very good healer. I just think it falls short of WHM when considering what both have.
By krish 2012-05-06 19:57:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Eriina said: »
But yeah, my group uses 2 SCH and we use communication in place of .dat swapping

It seem like even with vent and pre-setup lamb activation orders, a 5 lamp order floor is going to kill you dead in the water with just the lamp cool downtime. That's assuming you need 3 or 4 tries on average to pin down the order. If that happens do you just call it a loss and restart?

Please enlighten me.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-06 20:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »
Divine Benison and Sacrifice are two things that come to mind when I think of why I'd prefer a WHM over a SCH between the choice of the two. And that whole cureskin thing. Not to mention and additional 2 cures and curagas if a lot of damage is being taken.
Regenga5 is basically our cureskin, it's also amazing AOE healing, we can accession cure3/4 which heals MORE than the highest tier of curagas, and sacrifice isn't really needed for anything. A SCH EASILY takes the place of a WHM, and an amazing SCH far suprasses an average, subpar, or good WHM.

Perfect balance imo, now just to make RDM be an actual job again. I just wish people would realize how good SCH is and that WHM isn't the only main healer.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-06 20:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Sylow said: »
Hybrid classes tend to take a high level of skill to master in the first place, but tend to be more attractive to less naturally skilled / more incompetent players.
This is very true lol. I'm starting to turn heads with pup lol :)
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-05-06 20:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

A SCH EASILY takes the place of a WHM, and an amazing SCH far suprasses an average, subpar, or good WHM.

I'll agree with you there. But I'll refuse to admit an amazing SCH would be better than a very good and/or amazing WHM.

I see you have SCH but no WHM, I have WHM but no SCH, we're doomed to disagree :p
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-06 20:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Check raenko, my WHM mule, I play only WHM on her, I know all about WHMing. ;p I just hate it.
By krish 2012-05-06 20:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH is the best healer in the game, and can nuke as well as BLM. Not sure why you think SCH is like summoner and only invited for it's 2 hour, SCH is an amazing job overall, not even counting it's 2hour.

I've never said anything about SCH not being a great job. I think SCH is a great job, I look forward to leveling it, for all the reasons you said. But for Nyzul, SCH is preferred, nay required say most, because of its 2hr. Just go count how many posts in the SCH forum are talking about hitting 500 enhancing magic.
By Minikid 2012-05-06 21:29:16
Link | Quote | Reply

its funny reading all these post of ppl arguing how jobs better than others and this gear better than that so on when half ppl who are 'good' are PC players and are techincally cheaters with spellcast fillmode clipper windower to dual box so on, try playing on console such as xbox and ps3 lol now compare jobs for console players not just PC
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-06 21:30:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Minikid said: »
its funny reading all these post of ppl arguing how jobs better than others and this gear better than that so on when half ppl who are 'good' are PC players and are techincally cheaters with spellcast fillmode clipper windower to dual box so on, try playing on console such as xbox and ps3 lol now compare jobs for console players not just PC
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-05-06 21:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

you choose to play on those platforms and suck
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-05-06 21:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Where is my [-]. I want it. I want it now.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-06 21:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Such a dead horse..

Lakshmi.Jaerik said: »
I will point out that the core components of Windower and FFXIAH.com were developed by the same people.

Posting on a FFXIAH.com message board about the implied immorality of Windower is a bit fundamentally flawed.

But, y'know, if you wanna keep arguing it...
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-06 21:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Tis true. When I go intense gaming mode, I swap to PC. PC is basically like having cheats rly lol. THe only thing I honestly use windower for is recast and tp so that others dont have to spam their tp amount at me, and that in my opinion should already be on ffxi. But xbox is just rly difficult to play on. Lot of up and down in macro books for even the simple DD jobs like sam. I could never play mage well on xbox.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2012-05-06 21:35:25
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2012-05-06 21:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Tis true. When I go intense gaming mode, I swap to PC. PC is basically like having cheats rly lol. THe only thing I honestly use windower for is recast and tp so that others dont have to spam their tp amount at me, and that in my opinion should already be on ffxi. But xbox is just rly difficult to play on. Lot of up and down in macro books for even the simple DD jobs like sam. I could never play mage well on xbox.
k
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-06 21:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

May as well lock this before it gets to the "no u!" stage.
By Minikid 2012-05-06 21:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

lol i play on pc and use windower and dual box and clipper lol i just like point out lack access console players have, and i do suck at game bc idc and i like my lol xbox controller on pc lade back player
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2012-05-06 21:38:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Operating System: Windows® XP/Vista/7
CPU: Intel® Pentium®III 800Mhz or faster processor
Memory: 128 MB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA® GeForce™ series with 32 MB or ATI® RADEON™ 9000 series
Sound Card: DirectX®8.1 compatible sound card
Hard Drive Space: 9.5 GB free hard disk space
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-06 21:42:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower is cheating guys.