Ninja recap
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-05-05 18:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Rikiyame said: »
*** it. Can't we just go back to 5/5 Aurore and all be ***?
No
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2012-05-05 18:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
You heard it here first folks. Usukane Feet and Dusk Gloves took you from trash status to god mode at 90!

I think you are pissed off at the wrong person. Kaern was the person who called a particular set trash. Austar merely backed up her knowledge.

I agree with you that 1-3% difference doesnt take a person from trash to perfection, I also agree with Austar that the sets she posted are indeed better than what you posted. Also the set that was referred to as trash was more than 3% less damage. It had improvements in 4/5 slots depending on if you are comparing to today's best or 90cap's best. I still wouldnt call it trash, but the philosophy behind it is considerably off which is why it is so far off. The person that built it believes that stacking agi for ws on weapons outweighs tp phase damage and dosent see the value of crit rate, but values being over gear haste cap.

I am still curious what an optimal set for marched/embrava would be.
[+]
By krish 2012-05-05 18:54:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
I am still curious what an optimal set for marched/embrava would be.

You should probably just call this thread a loss and make a new one and ask that question. I'd be curious.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-05 18:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno about optimal, but this is what I use:

Anytime I'm getting marches, I'm on DNC or MNK anyways.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-05-05 19:06:23
Link | Quote | Reply

What I use. (Koga Tekko +2 till someone makes a -1 D:)

Puts me at .203 delay with capped magic haste
[+]
By Kaerin 2012-05-06 09:02:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies to Nightfyer. I did not post a set of my own, and also agreed that the sets posted were indeed better. I am not defending AGI Katanas in a DD set. I guess I just get bent out of shape when I see people calling stuff trash relative to marginal improvements. ***starts to get silly around here sometimes.

It's not trash because there's stuff you can acquire to make it better, it was trash because it was easy to get everything else that made it better, and some of it was stuff you should of already had, speaking specifically of Byakkos and Usukane. It's funny how the set got changed since you got up on your high horse too. Iga necklace was never good, ungur boomerang and aliyat chakram- same thing. I used my AF2+1 hands more often than any other gloves at 90, I dunno about you but those have been my TP gloves on NIN since like 2006 when they were active, which was over half the time, you'll need to forgive me for not caring that those are +2. Also at 90 everyone was inside Abyssea for basically everything as said earlier, so since we're nitpicking everything not offhanding Kamome would of been HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, especially since that was said to be an agl/evasion magian. The set I quoted in this post :
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/30358/ninja-recap/2/#1848988
Would of been bare minimum 8% behind a decent set simply because of the lack of Kamome. And lets not kid ourselves, 8% is a lot, and that's the bare minimum.

If the set wasn't that bad, then how come 3 items in it got changed after I called it trash? If you look where I posted the set and where it got posted when someone quoted me, you can clearly see this.

You heard it here first folks. Usukane Feet and Dusk Gloves took you from trash status to god mode at 90!

Ya, that wasn't the only thing that got changed, like 30% of the set got changed.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-05-06 09:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

tbh I don't even care if a NIN has a good TP set. I'd rather them have a good Ninjutsu set. Not many events where I expect the NIN to be doing a decent amount of dmg. If they do good on them but I can't stand seeing some NIN that just tries to deal dmg and then can't proc the EV/HV earth/darkness/etc NIN because they don't have a Ninjutsu set :/
 Cerberus.Ddbone
Server: Cerberus
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2012-05-06 11:42:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, but I find it a little ironic that in a community where people who post misinformation get skewered so brutally, that we now consider neo-nyzul so easy to the point that optimizing a set without gear from it is worthless. It's as easy as running up to Ru'lude gardens and upgrading from a +1 to +2 relic?... at least if I read correctly.

I don't see the problem with trying to be the best you can at a job before you reach the zenith of gear. If that makes me or anyone else trash so be it...

Trash since 2003 /

That's why I started my post with "Please forgive my trash set" not to start huge debate, but to hopefully get the best information possible that applies to me. I know it's ***due to my lacking of Nyzul gear. I'm cool with that I just wanna try to be the best I can within the confines of what I can attain right now.

Whats the alternative? Retire all my jobs that haven't reached the 'best' gear, or just run around and not give 2 shits about what gear I'm wearing, be a total gimp, never ask questions etc?

I guess I answered myself, I am a total gimp for not having neo-nyzul gear as per the standards of this community, for better or worse, rightly or wrongly etc.... woah getting all philoso-raptor in here.. SOrry haha
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-05-06 11:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ddbone said: »
Sorry, but I find it a little ironic that in a community where people who post misinformation get skewered so brutally, that we now consider neo-nyzul so easy to the point that optimizing a set without gear from it is worthless. It's as easy as running up to Ru'lude gardens and upgrading from a +1 to +2 relic?... at least if I read correctly.

I don't see the problem with trying to be the best you can at a job before you reach the zenith of gear. If that makes me or anyone else trash so be it...

Trash since 2003 /

That's why I started my post with "Please forgive my trash set" not to start huge debate, but to hopefully get the best information possible that applies to me. I know it's ***due to my lacking of Nyzul gear. I'm cool with that I just wanna try to be the best I can within the confines of what I can attain right now.

Whats the alternative? Retire all my jobs that haven't reached the 'best' gear, or just run around and not give 2 shits about what gear I'm wearing, be a total gimp, never ask questions etc?

I guess I answered myself, I am a total gimp for not having neo-nyzul gear as per the standards of this community, for better or worse.
wat ? They stopped posting about your sets right here . .
By Kaerin 2012-05-06 12:18:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Neo-Nyzul is easier than abyssea, even if all you use is dat swaps for the lamps. It just requires you to know what you're doing and have decent friends. Hell I went in with my mules and could clear 15 floors, if I did it 10-15 times by myself I could get a f100 win. It would just take a slightly above average cycle of floor jumps, 6.6666666 average per ??? jump would net me a f100 win just playing with my mules.
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-05-06 12:28:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaerin said: »

Neo-Nyzul is easier than abyssea, even if all you use is dat swaps for the lamps. It just requires you to know what you're doing and have decent friends. Hell I went in with my mules and could clear 15 floors, if I did it 10-15 times by myself I could get a f100 win. It would just take a slightly above average cycle of floor jumps, 6.6666666 average per ??? jump would net me a f100 win just playing with my mules.
To be fair, if you went in with your mules it would still be a party of 6.

:3
By krish 2012-05-06 12:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Kaerin said: »
Hell I went in with my mules and could clear 15 floors, if I did it 10-15 times by myself I could get a f100 win.

How many mules do you have?
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-05-06 12:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

He has quite a few, but I think the better point is that floor80 gear is close (close enough to almost always be a fill in for the 100piece) and any decent group should be able to make it to a floor 80 stopper with a decent win rate. It's not being elitist to assume that much.
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-06 17:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Neo Nyzul is literally easier than abyssea. Can SE please add some events where mages have to actually know how to play their job/not be afk 99% of the time/can't be dual boxed again? Being a SCH main and never being challenged is z_Z
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-06 17:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

K "neo nyzle is easy if you cheat" is basically what I get out of this lol. And not every server has the ability to get floor 100 gear, as alot of people don't even know about the damn gear lol.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-06 17:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You only need to dat swap lamps and use fillmode to get 15+ jumps.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-05-06 17:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
K "neo nyzle is easy if you cheat" is basically what I get out of this lol. And not every server has the ability to get floor 100 gear, as alot of people don't even know about the damn gear lol.
My group actually sells the gear and we do it legit :/ It's just a matter of how good your jumps are and if you get a *** up floor or not
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-06 17:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

what is fillmode? and that's still cheating if it forces jumps lol
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-06 17:49:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
My group actually sells the gear and we do it legit :/ It's just a matter of how good your jumps are and if you get a *** up floor or not
Well no doubting that you can do it without dat swaps, fillmode, or clipper, but the issue is 95% of people dont do that, and now they have 100 floor gear bragging about how they cheated to get it. try that ***on xbox lol.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-06 17:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
what is fillmode? and that's still cheating if it forces jumps lol
It's a windower app that allows you to see through walls. Doesn't force jumps but it saves time which allows more jumps.
 Sylph.Kiaru
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-06 17:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually don't see how you could ever get floor 100 without dat swaps unless you never get order lamp floors.
 Shiva.Galbir
Server: Shiva
user: galbir
By Shiva.Galbir 2012-05-06 17:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
I actually don't see how you could ever get floor 100 without dat swaps unless you never get order lamp floors.
You would have to be insanely lucky. From what I've seen a lot of groups that refuse to use anything aim for 80.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-06 17:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kiaru said: »
Ya luck rly. I've had times where it was 5 person order and we got on first try haha. BUt out of the average what, 20 floors, ya you bound to get order :/ WOuld 1 person with dat swap work? or does everyone need?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-06 17:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

My LS does it legit and they've won floor 100. it's not easy but it's possible.
 Siren.Fupafighters
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-06 18:02:38
Link | Quote | Reply

That's good. Do they use 1 sch or 2?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-06 18:11:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's good. Do they use 1 sch or 2?

By mortontony1 2012-05-06 18:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

WOuld 1 person with dat swap work? or does everyone need?

Basically what I've been wanting to know. Would only 1 person using dats/clipper or whatever be enough? I understand 6/6 would be optimal, but would 1 work?
 Bismarck.Sylow
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-05-06 18:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

don't use clipper in nyzul
[+]
By krish 2012-05-06 19:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyzul was one of my favorite events so I was excited when they announced the new Nyzul. But so far I'm pretty disappointed. From what everyone I talk to or what I read about Nyzul, you're not going to have much success without 2 SCH and 4 relic/mythic/empy DDs and cheating on top of that. I don't want to force my friends into leveling SCH or farming a relic just so we can do Nyzul. And then having to cheat on top of that isn't that appealing. I might just have to steel myself that I'll never get Nyzul gear.

That being said, I do have plans to level SCH.