users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Ninja recap
Ninja recap
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
By Kaerin 2012-04-29 10:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
Kaerin said: »

That set is better, but I wouldnt say it improves the "old" build "in almost every way".

It lost 5%DW from AF1 body and added 7%DW on the legs for a 2% gain. It's missing a fraction of a point of haste. The only other real improvement I see is Thaumas Coat.

EDIT:
Trade the body for AF1 and the legs for AF3+2 and we have the "old" build.

They were refferring it to being better in every way to this:

Which was trash at 90.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-29 19:52:33
Link | Quote | Reply

28% haste build is "good" when Koga Hakama +2 are piss easy to acquire. Right. Even at 90 you had accessible and significant upgrades over that leg/feet configuration. I should also note that you're engaging in hyperbole: low-end does not automatically mean bad. By low-end, I meant that I would expect a Kannagi or Kikoku NIN to have at least that gear and hopefully better given that there are significant improvements available, including some fairly easy to acquire pieces. Same as how a 4/5 AF3+2 WAR would be considered relatively low-end for an Ukon WAR these days.

"In almost every way": there are better eva configurations with comparable DD potential and there are obviously better full DD builds (improving in accuracy, pDIF, DW, and multiattack rate, so pretty much everything except the already capped haste). You try too hard.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-04-29 20:22:23
Link | Quote | Reply

When they say "In almost every way" they don't mean "Almost every piece in that set is bad", they mean "In every imaginable in-game situation, this set is not optimal"
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-30 00:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

lol at thinking 26% haste is required to be optimal. lol at people thinking post count means ***. lol at you defending a trash set, because that set is pretty bad even more so with the fact he said it was an AGI offhand.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-30 01:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You implied it with the whole "haste is not 'capped.'"
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-04-30 02:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Played with my NIN sets a bit

TP:

or

TP capped magic haste:
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-04-30 21:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Galbir said: »
Would love to see your math on that since from what I've seen and read everywhere Chainmail shits all over porthos. If you want more haste that bad then use something good Ie: Thaumas coat

Kaerin said: »
... but it looks like Porthos at most is a 10.43%~ increase, while AF1+1 is an 11.63%~ increase from the dual wield.

P.S. Use Thaumas.

Comparison using my spreadsheet:

With 52% total DW and 21% gear haste, plus the Haste spell, using Blade: Shun and whatever other gear was in place, I get:

Iga+2: 227.231
Ninja Chainmail: 236.335
Porthos Byrnie: 236.629
Thaumas: 251.712

So, Porthos and Chainmail are almost identical (exact variance will depend on which weapons are used, though they tend to be within about 1 point of each other), and Thaumas wins.

Add Marches:

Ninja Chainmail: 313.223
Porthos Byrnie: 325.435
Iga +2: 332.517
Thaumas: 346.910

Porthos beats Chainmail (not surprising; hitting delay cap), but Thaumas and Iga+2 beat both.

So Porthos is pretty much just a sidegrade to Chainmail; not awful, but not an improvement either. Euxine +3 and Thaumas are both improvements.
[+]
 Cerberus.Ddbone
Server: Cerberus
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2012-05-05 10:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Please forgive my trash set but humor me,

Does this:

Beat this:

I use kannagi/str+2 if it makes a difference. Byakkos augmented with crit+3 stp+3 (pretty sure the stp doesn't remove a hit so ignore that)

Sometimes I use rancor but I dont really like to tp in it typically. I read through the thread I guess I'm just looking for confirmation. I'm an old dog and its hard to take out the HASTE26% training I've had over the years.

Thx
 Cerberus.Ddbone
Server: Cerberus
user: ddbone
By Cerberus.Ddbone 2012-05-05 10:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I just would like to know to switch the pants out or not.

Only reason I mentioned "trash" is I know there are other areas for improvement but I would just like to look at the pants slot. Thaumas stuff for instance is out of my reach.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2012-05-05 13:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're getting Marches, Byakko's (while also swapping AF body to Iga+2). Otherwise Koga+2.
[+]
By Kaerin 2012-05-05 13:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Ddbone said: »
Does this:

Beat this:

Byakkos will win if you're between like 88% hit rate and 92% hit rate or can win if you gain 3%+ crit rate using them. The more crit rate they give, more likely it is they win. You should also go for stp 5+ and crit damage 4 as that actually has the real potential to remove an attack round between WS's.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-05-05 14:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

This will now be a 10 page debate on why to not use set #2. Generally safer to just use set1 unless you're marched.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-05 14:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You need a pretty hefty critrate boost for Byakko's to even match Koga +2. It's possible without gaining the full benefit of the dDEX if your cRatio is low enough, but 3% isn't sufficient from what I recall.

I don't see why you'd need to be between those specific hitrates rather than simply below a certain threshold dependent on other factors, but accuracy concerns can certainly favor Haidate as well.
By Kaerin 2012-05-05 14:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I don't see why you'd need to be between those specific hitrates rather than simply below a certain threshold dependent on other factors, but accuracy concerns can certainly favor Haidate as well.

I picked 88% because I think below that you would want to switch a lot of other gear as opposed to just pants, and I didn't want to see that discussion occur since it doesn't matter that much. AF1 should be switched to Thaumas and pants should be af2+2 unless your acc is really bad anyway. Debating what to use while working towards that set is a waste of time since neonyzul is so freaking easy and AF2 pants cost 5 minutes and 500k in upper jeuno to complete unless you have to go waste one dynamis run getting the base pants.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-05 15:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, thought that might be where you were going with it but I didn't want to assume you were taking option C. No argument from me about the Thaumas build.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-05 15:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize there were better builds than that at 90 even without relic+2, right? Let's not resurrect that ***.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-05 16:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You do realize there were better builds than that at 90 even without relic+2, right? Let's not resurrect that ***.

Why don't you enlighten us all with your elitist ***.

[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-05 16:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually we all heard it back at 90 cap.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-05 17:22:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
I never said I believed in their post's point
That's not my point and you know it.

Why don't you enlighten us all with your elitist ***.
You're conflating arguments and making it very clear that you have no intention of being swayed regardless. There would be absolutely no point in even trying to discuss any of this with you, let alone something I never said.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-05-05 17:23:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya know what's funny about all of this? Kin is the only one using the word elitist and is the only one really sounding condescending towards anybody at all. Others are simply giving improvements to builds and he's the only one actin pissy. Just sayin' lol
[+]
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2012-05-05 18:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

*** it. Can't we just go back to 5/5 Aurore and all be ***?

Edit: Double AGI Arisui, too. Don't want to get hit.