Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 659 660 661 ... 834 835 836
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2020-08-06 14:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If you use Windower, then they're organized in the windower folder.

If not, then C:\Program Files (x86)\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ffxiuser
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2020-08-06 15:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. I completely forgot to check windower folders. This is why i dont do more important things with out full sleep...
 Shiva.Kasaioni
Server: Shiva
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-08-08 12:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

How much effort does it take to unlock Fiat Lux these days?
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-08 13:37:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Kasaioni said: »

A shitload. You probably have to singlehandedly take over the entire north. meaning you have to go beat on ramparts and win every battle for at least an entire day before sundays weekly shift.

Easy, but time consuming. I've done it.

You also need the highest medal and if you don't have that already it takes 3 months from zero.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-08 13:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get all the medals in a day (or more reasonably 2-3 days) now.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-08-08 14:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

All those little pointless things that RoV gives that you forget about.
[+]
By EverlastingFFXI 2020-08-08 21:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

You may want to wait because there seems to be an upcoming Fiat Lux event see this:

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/55191/august-2020-version-update/4/#3536331
By Draylo 2020-08-08 22:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick, everyone get max rank and the northlands!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-08-10 16:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been digging for a bit now but I'm not finding much. Does anyone have any verified info on the levels for the various dynamis divergence mobs? Wave1/2/3 and NMs etc?
By Chimerawizard 2020-08-10 18:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

EverlastingFFXI said: »

You may want to wait because there seems to be an upcoming Fiat Lux event see this:

You don't have to wait for a campaign battle to help your nation gain influence in the zone. So long as you force the beastmen to retreat repeatedly your nation will gain influence. I've done it in the keep when all the northlands zones were controlled by beastmen.
It takes probably something like ?24? hours of continuous beastmen defeats at the end of the week to get your nation enough influence to take control without help from the NPCs.
Once the campaign is announced there will be a lot of help, getting all 4 zones is easiest when the beastmen control them all since attacking takes less effort than defense; especially when NPCs & fortifications won't spawn due to a campaign battle never actually starting.
 Carbuncle.Papesse
Server: Carbuncle
user: Papesse
By Carbuncle.Papesse 2020-08-10 18:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
I've been digging for a bit now but I'm not finding much. Does anyone have any verified info on the levels for the various dynamis divergence mobs? Wave1/2/3 and NMs etc?
Wave1
Fodder mobs: 127
Leaders: 129
Boss: 132

Wave2
Fodder mobs: 134
Leaders: 137
Boss: 139

Wave3
Fodder mobs: 142
Leaders: 146
Boss: 149

From atwiki.jp and @long_horned, they use Level ? Holy.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2020-08-10 18:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Papesse said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Wave1
Fodder mobs: 127
Leaders: 129
Boss: 132

Wave2
Fodder mobs: 134
Leaders: 137
Boss: 139

Wave3
Fodder mobs: 142
Leaders: 146
Boss: 149

From atwiki.jp and @long_horned, they use Level ? Holy.
Wow. Fantastic info. Thank you. /bookmarked. And that is a really clever test method.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-11 20:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Does Fu actually absorb the buffs he dispels, or is it simply a DMG+/DT+ buff based on how many get zapped?
 Fenrir.Svens
Server: Fenrir
user: Tenkey
By Fenrir.Svens 2020-08-11 20:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

He absorbs them, you can dispel/finale them off afterwards.
By Draylo 2020-08-12 20:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Doess Korrigan have an evolve item required or is it really just time? He is maxed out and wont evolve in Mog Garden
 Bahamut.Drjohn
Server: Bahamut
user: drjay
By Bahamut.Drjohn 2020-08-14 10:53:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick question regarding weapon skill damage, specifically sword weapon skills.
I see a lot of posts about damage numbers when buffed but i haven't seen totally unbuffed numbers. What kind of numbers would be expected with an average unbuffed Savage Blade, CDC, Sanguine Blade, etc on Apex level mobs? I mostly use blu, rdm, or pld, but data for any job is useful.
I was away from the game for a few years due to life stuff, but now i'm back and trying to get geared back up. I see a lot of posts about 50-90k damage, but I'm hoping those numbers are with lots of buffs. Otherwise i've been gone too long cause i'm nowhere close.
By Pantafernando 2020-08-14 11:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

5~7k with meh-ish gear.

Near 10k with just a BRD trust for a physical WS.

Your numbers just starts increasing once your foes defense starts dropping very low. For that, you most likely gonna need blaze of glory frailty plus dia2/3. Without that, youR attack would be very close or even below mobs defense.
[+]
 Bahamut.Drjohn
Server: Bahamut
user: drjay
By Bahamut.Drjohn 2020-08-14 12:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like i'm on track then. Savage Blades around 10-12k. Thanks for the info.
 Shiva.Kasaioni
user: Kasaioni
By Shiva.Kasaioni 2020-08-16 09:23:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
EverlastingFFXI said: »

You don't have to wait for a campaign battle to help your nation gain influence in the zone. So long as you force the beastmen to retreat repeatedly your nation will gain influence. I've done it in the keep when all the northlands zones were controlled by beastmen.
It takes probably something like ?24? hours of continuous beastmen defeats at the end of the week to get your nation enough influence to take control without help from the NPCs.
Once the campaign is announced there will be a lot of help, getting all 4 zones is easiest when the beastmen control them all since attacking takes less effort than defense; especially when NPCs & fortifications won't spawn due to a campaign battle never actually starting.
Sorry late. So I just have to go in there and attack stuff. Will probably wait for whatever that event might be, maybe related to the new story stuff.
By SimonSes 2020-08-16 09:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

When I think about biggest QoL change SE could do for my FFXI gameplay to be way better is EU servers. Anyone know if such investment would be possible. It should be easier to do now when they have FFXIV EU servers no?
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-08-16 09:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There aren't even US servers.
[+]
By SimonSes 2020-08-16 10:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Suteru said: »

I know, but in theory having servers in other side of the planet would have more sense than in NA when its much closer to JP servers. That being said NA community is probably bigger than EU. NA servers would be an improvement too. Would drop my ping by half probably.
By Afania 2020-08-16 10:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Drjohn said: »
Quick question regarding weapon skill damage, specifically sword weapon skills.
I see a lot of posts about damage numbers when buffed but i haven't seen totally unbuffed numbers. What kind of numbers would be expected with an average unbuffed Savage Blade, CDC, Sanguine Blade, etc on Apex level mobs? I mostly use blu, rdm, or pld, but data for any job is useful.
I was away from the game for a few years due to life stuff, but now i'm back and trying to get geared back up. I see a lot of posts about 50-90k damage, but I'm hoping those numbers are with lots of buffs. Otherwise i've been gone too long cause i'm nowhere close.

It's not possible to give an estimate unless we know how unbuffed you are. Having cor and geo trust makes a difference.

There aren't a lot of people posting "50k to 90k damage", that's not normal ws avg in FFXI, unless it's magical WS with malaise, mob mechanics, war under mighty strike, or DNC using climatic.

Normal ws avg is about 30k at capped pdif(with all attack buffs), some ws like savage blade, expiacion, decimation can hit close to 40k or above. For some ws If you hold TP it's also possible to hit higher than that. That's why you see "50k to 90k" but it's not a norm.

Most magical ws is also at 30k at 1000 TP or lower, but malaise and Gambit can push it even higher. Magical ws hitting 90k or more are done with bolster.
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-08-16 10:46:26
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I know, but in theory having servers in other side of the planet would have more sense than in NA when its much closer to JP servers. That being said NA community is probably bigger than EU. NA servers would be an improvement too. Would drop my ping by half probably.

Is ping really such a big deal when you only get a chance to react every 350ms to begin with? The game plays like turn based regardless.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2020-08-16 11:02:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, I believe the JP servers route to NA via Asia and Europe, not across the Pacific Ocean.
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2020-08-16 11:31:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Thorny said: »

Is ping really such a big deal when you only get a chance to react every 350ms to begin with? The game plays like turn based regardless.

In my experience, not usually No. Just like you said, you generally have plenty of time to react to most things that happen in the game however there are some forms of content where having a dampened Ping really messes your stuff up.

Perfect Example being the Meeble Ambuscade: You have a Very Limited window to read the Breadwinner (or was it the Housemaker?)'s attack and then apply the appropriate Bar-Spell to stop it from crippling the party. This fight in particular caused a some debate on these forums about the use of React to stop it because in that particular fight it was the only sure way to stop it and proceed with the fight if you lived in US or EU. If you were in or near a Primary Server, you were likely fine but anywhere else? You were SoL.

There are some other Niche things here or there where the Reaction window is set too tight for Global Ping ranges but these are probably more far and away.

• Dynamis Divergence Total Mob Parse. For some reason, there are some people who genuinely feel the Trash Mobs should be a part of the total parse of the entire run. Ping drastically impacts one's ability to engage each trash mob, especially when they all die at First Person Shooter speeds with a proper group.

• Tefenet's "Blink of Peril"If I remember correctly has a very fast charge - kill.

• Other examples that I can't remember at the moment but probably less than 10 or 15 cases. But when these cases come up you're put in a position where it's impossible to react to them with normal reflex.

Other than that though, Ping doesn't usually mess with very much. I actually wonder if the game feels too easy for JP players now or those living very close to the servers.
--Azrael readies "Light of Death"
--Player next to server just stunned with ease: "Why do people have problems stunning this? it gives you a whole 4 seconds to stop it."

--The opposite end of the world: "OMG why is that so GodDamn Fast!?"

Wait, I thought there was a server set in California? or is that only for PoL?
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-08-16 11:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt server distance factors in at all to Divergence, those zones are so laggy anyway due to the way the game is built.
First Page 2 3 ... 659 660 661 ... 834 835 836