Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time
 
 
 
Language: JP EN FR DE
8193 users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 1012 1013
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
User: Byrthnoth
Posts: 6993
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2026-10-01 06:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
There is no command and it is a client-side ordering that (afaik) the server is unaware of. It would have to be done in memory by windower.
 Asura.Suteru
Guildwork Premium
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Suteru
Posts: 534
By Asura.Suteru 2026-10-01 11:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
With the free trial I wonder if we'll see bots/afk accounts just for overworld QOL, like a set of mages at the gate in Horutoto, weights in Garlaige, etc.
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2026-10-01 11:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Some non-zero amount, sure. There's a couple good humans who would do that if they thought about it. For a while anyway. Ex; whereisdi
Offline
Posts: 228
By Manque 2026-10-01 22:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Might be able to finally find a suitor for that darn prince…
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Akumasama
Posts: 11626
By Asura.Sechs 2026-10-02 06:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Manque said: »
Might be able to finally find a suitor for that darn prince…
My thoughts exactely!
 Cerberus.Gillesjboulon
Offline
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
User: gilles
Posts: 157
By Cerberus.Gillesjboulon 2026-10-04 21:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply
 
For item Ygnas's Resolve +1
I think Weapon skill damage +25% is only in reives
Am i right ?
Offline
Posts: 228
By Manque 2026-10-04 23:23:58
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Only in reives.
 Asura.Alkimi
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Alkimi
Posts: 34
By Asura.Alkimi 2026-10-06 09:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So this new BRD COR GEO Limbus run meta thing that everyone seems to have adpoted... If the BRD doesn't have prime and I'm using Indi-Fury, then is putting down a Frailty bubble even doing anything?

I mean there's attack capped and ludicrously attack capped
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Akumasama
Posts: 11626
By Asura.Sechs 2026-10-06 10:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Knowing when you have just enough attack to "fill" the roof heightened up by PDL, if you don't or if you have way more than required is not simple and I guess it depends on the Job's native traits and how much PDL they have (and/or if they're using Primes because prime aftermath give you yet more PDL)

So giving an absolute answer that's goin to work in 100% of possible different combinations is very difficult, but if you're in a static and know pretty much who you play with, their typical jobs and their gear, then suddenly it becomes much realistical to give a complete answer to your question.
 Bismarck.Radec
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
User: Radec
Posts: 227
By Bismarck.Radec 2026-10-06 10:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Frailty is probably not doing anything, unless your melee are expecting full buffs but no Aria and add PDL accordingly.

135 mobs have in the range of 1500 def
(Not SV) 3 Minuet/Chaos +8/Indi-Fury +10/Berserk WAR has ~7000attack
7000/1500 = 4.6 ratio.

Using the two Disaster sets from https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/All_Jobs_Gear_Sets/Warrior

Normal disaster set has 11%PDL from Prime AM2.
"High Buff" Disaster set has 11%+8%body+10%legs+3%ring1 = 32% PDL

WAR GAxe has a 3.95 pre-PDL-gear PDIF cap
Normal set, 3.95*1.11 = ~4.38. 4.38 < 4.6, no gain from additional attack/defdown
HighBuff, 3.95*1.32 = ~5.21. 5.21 > 4.6, adding attack or defdown will help.

Edit, if you're just looking to stop bothering with a Geo- Spell, you're WAY WAY better off doing indi-frailty than indi-fury.
-41.8% DEF and removing the fury attack gives 5600Attack / 870def = 6.43 ratio, well over the PDL set's PDIF cap.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Akumasama
Posts: 11626
By Asura.Sechs 2026-10-06 11:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Radec said: »
Edit, if you're just looking to stop bothering with a Geo- Spell, you're WAY WAY better off doing indi-frailty than indi-fury.
-41.8% DEF and removing the fury attack gives 5600Attack / 870def = 6.43 ratio, well over the PDL set's PDIF cap.
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY agree with that.
But there's a small catch here.
For Frailty to be active it takes you to enter into the targets' enmity list, and then it takes ~2 seconds to register.
Pretty easy to do if you have Daybreak (Dispelga all the way!), a bit slower if you're relying on healing the BRD.
Furthermore, faster if you Indi-Frailty compared to Geo-Frailty.
All of this to say, there is a small amount of seconds (which will vary according to variables) before your Frailty will matter for WS damage calculation.
This amount is tipically very small, but still it doesn't rule out that a couple (or more) of WS of your DDs might hit before that.
Will this make your run slower compared to using Fury fulltime even if Frailty is clearly better?
I'm willing to bet on Frailty, but still I guess it's good to be aware of this small difference and decide depending on your group's behaviour.
[+]
Offline
By Dodik 2026-10-06 11:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I'd just do geo-fury and run with indi-str or something.

Don't need to tag anything, and geo fury will probably 9999 your attack without a tag.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2026-10-06 11:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Radec said: »
Frailty is probably not doing anything, unless your melee are expecting full buffs but no Aria and add PDL accordingly.

135 mobs have in the range of 1500 def

Something to consider is Limbus mobs occasionally have buffs like Protect and Minne (Sahagin & Yagudo can be BRD job, any RDM/PLD/WHM mob can Protect), and Defense Bonus abilities like Shell Guard (Quadavs), Arm Block (Orcs), Parry (Yagudos), as well as Crystalline Cocoon's Protect effect (Aerns). The GEO may or may not be using Dispelga to target all of these effects, and even if they are, unless they're paying attention, there's no guarantee it will hit the proper buff that boosts defense. Not sure the value of these buffs to tell whether Frailty is really necessary in either case, but as far as making things as simple as possible, most GEO will throw up a Frailty bubble just to be sure, whether it's doing anything or not.

FWIW, I've neglected to put up a Frailty bubble for several floors in a row as a thought experiment on my own, and we killed the floors just as fast, or close enough that it didn't matter. I still use Bolster/Widened Compass/Blaze of Glory/Ecliptic Attrition here and there just because it's available.

Dodik said: »
I'd just do geo-fury and run with indi-str or something.

Don't need to tag anything, and geo fury will probably 9999 your attack without a tag.

This is probably the better alternative, but I would do indi-fury and geo str, so the attack is always present and the str comes later (instead of the reverse, but its seconds, so insignificant difference TBH)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2026-10-06 15:26:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Does the relic hat for cor 50/50 tact/alli/caster/blitzer etc even though they have a gear bonus instead of a job bonus

The wikis say "job bonus" but are they certain
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2026-10-06 15:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
That should be a fairly simple test, no?

In town
Naked without hat, snake eye, tact roll
count regain
Repeat with hat
Repeat several times with hat to observe any difference in regain value

if it changes, you got the 50/50, no change, doesn't affect it
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2026-10-06 15:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Simple if you had access to a hat, yup

Guess why I asked, instead of did it
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2026-10-06 15:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
So you farm and sell gil by doing the most with as little effort as possible, have a 5 trillion post count on every job thread (so you're not ignorant), have complete understanding of most basic concepts, but for some reason don't have access to a job-enhancing piece of equipment for the most busted job in the game that would for certain speed up your gil farming endeavors?

Yeah iite dude, trying way too hard.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
User: NynJa
Posts: 8141
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2026-10-06 15:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
User: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2026-10-06 16:13:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
What I do doesn't require it so I don't have it.

Typically the answer. Do I need it? If no, then I don't get it.

Can I still ask about it, yes.
(I roll in +5 instead of +8 too, the horror!)
Offline
Posts: 2829
By Felgarr 2026-10-07 07:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Regarding Monster Rearing and parting with monsters, what's the difference between "Sending a monster away" and "Putting them down"?

I know that there is a title associated with Putting Monsters Down ...but what happens when you send them away? I know that if you go to the Mog Garden and choose "Tidbits of Information", you get "You have freed X creature" (I assume this is Chacharoon's "Part with a creature" > "Send away"). You also have "X creatures have passed on" from the Green thumb moogle, and I assume this is the "Part with creature" > "Put down" option from Chachroon.

Is there any discernable difference between the 2?

The issue I'm experiencing is that I accidentally freed a creature while currently at Rank 3. Chacharoon says I can have up to 2 monsters at a time, but in a single 24-hour period, I never get the second monster. Now, I don't mean "I'm not seeing 2 monsters in my garden". I mean I interact with my creature #1, put it down, but never get to raise creature #2. Did my accidental "Send creature away" delay my ability to raise the next creature or something?
Offline
Posts: 2829
By Felgarr 2026-10-07 07:40:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Deleted - accidental double post.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
User: NynJa
Posts: 8141
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2026-10-07 07:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Send them away = you get gil
put them down = you get loot
[+]
Offline
Posts: 2829
By Felgarr 2026-10-07 07:49:01
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thanks Nynja. Is there a reason why I can't get a 2nd creature (sequential) at Rank 3? Or I mis-understanding Chacharoon?

I did this on my main ~8 years ago and BGWiki is sparse on details for ranking up Monster Rearing. I'm simply raising the a treant, petting it, feeding it distilled water, putting it down, repeating, each day and I'm up to Rank 3. (It's working just fine, with this exception of Chacharoon not giving me the 2nd monster in an RL day on just 1 character)
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Offline
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
User: maletaru
Posts: 4609
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2026-10-07 08:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
You can't add 2 (new) monsters per day until rank 5. You can have 2 at a time, but can't "create" more than 1 per day until r5

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Monster_Rearing#Key_Items
First Page 2 3 ... 1012 1013