Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Test Server Update - Puppetmaster
Test Server Update - Puppetmaster
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2011-10-15 14:47:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I see no issue with the Mana Booster change since before now it just shortened the universal spell timer, which we won't need to worry about as much anymore.

Besides that, I like it because fastcast will do more than just mess with recast timers, it means faster casting cures as well which will be incredibly nice for certain situations. :x
 Asura.Jadecc
Server: Asura
user: jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-18 01:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

i came
[+]
By Inuyasha 2011-10-18 01:57:00
Link | Quote | Reply

are the new adjustments on the test server yet? I want has play with my WHMbot....i want has bad D:
 Sylph.Anariodin
Server: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-10-18 03:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically you have a job that can wear some good DD gear with the ability to have a partial pocket-mage with higher cures than most jobs and seperate cast times like a normal. If the master can tell the puppet distance from mob, its almost like dual-boxing with a bot that auto-WHMs for you.
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-18 04:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, i'll be able to put my whm mule away! well.. maybe keep it around for ohshit circumstances but whm mule can't phalanx you! :D
 Sylph.Anariodin
Server: Sylph
user: anariodin
By Sylph.Anariodin 2011-10-18 04:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So puppet can cast Cure V, Stoneskin, and Phalanx with the same setup? and supposedly will be smarter than most WHMs with use of Cure V vs Cure IV
 Bahamut.Juggalo
Server: Bahamut
user: Wtfbbq
By Bahamut.Juggalo 2011-10-23 21:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm liking this.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-10-23 22:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Just don't say you're loving it on the official forums otherwise the other jobs will start QQing and we'll get gimped.
 Cerberus.Wojo
Server: Cerberus
user: Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-28 10:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

loldevs said:
Recast times for spells will be set up independently for each category (such as enhancing/enfeebling magic)
*Cure, regen, status ailment recovery spells will each have their own recast times

I hope this means that he will nuke instead of spam drain/aspir
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
Server: Bismarck
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2011-10-28 11:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So just started testing PUP out, the update is sick...
Just eyeballing right now:
Reactive Shield did around 50-53 damage.
Volt Gun did around:
21-23 damage with 1 thunder maneuvers.
31-36 damage with 2 thunder maneuvers.
67-76 damage with 3 thunder maneuvers.
Shock Absorber maybe somewhere between 350-400.
Replicator with 3 wind maneuvers give 10 shadows.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-28 11:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stfutaru said: »
So just started testing PUP out, the update is sick...
Just eyeballing right now:
Reactive Shield did around 50-53 damage.
Volt Gun did around:
21-23 damage with 1 thunder maneuvers.
31-36 damage with 2 thunder maneuvers.
67-76 damage with 3 thunder maneuvers.
Shock Absorber maybe somewhere between 350-400.
Replicator with 3 wind maneuvers give 10 shadows.

O.o
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-28 12:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Please comment on the casting abilities that change seems the most significant.
 Asura.Citag
user: Citag
By Asura.Citag 2011-10-28 12:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I want this so bad. I would totally play again... For at least a month or two lol
 Bismarck.Stfutaru
user: kivyin
By Bismarck.Stfutaru 2011-10-28 12:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Used a water maneuver, the puppet casted Regen IV then casted Protect 5 right after then Poison 2. Then I used an ice maneuver and it casted a paralyze right after Poison. Without any maneuvers, it seems to prefer casting Enhancing magic. Still trying to figure out the AI right now...

Also, Magic Mortar does 365 damage.

The Red Mage frame casts Stoneskin and Phalanx on you not the White Mage frame lol...

The Harlequin frame remains as useless as ever. It doesn't even cast spells anymore (probably bugged).
 Cerberus.Wojo
By Cerberus.Wojo 2011-10-28 12:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats awesome.
 Asura.Jadecc
By Asura.Jadecc 2011-10-28 16:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

now they need to make it easier to switch between the frames, wouldn't mind bringing out rdm frame for SS/phalanx, then switching back to whm frame if i didn't need to re-attatch all my attatchments
 Leviathan.Suljin
Server: Leviathan
user: Suljin175
By Leviathan.Suljin 2011-10-28 18:22:17
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't, just put the rdm frame up, equip it with all the gear you can put on it that you want the whm frame to have full time, then leave the few that cannot fit due to capacity off and the top left most slots blank. You can change heads then w/o taking off the attachments and then quickly add the few attachments that were limited by capacity originally on and activate again. Its what I do to quickly cure my blm frame if I have to DEA (auto dies, change to whm head, DEA, full cure itself, deactivate, change to blm head, activate and ready to nuke again)

Edit: I want more info on auto casting!!! make my last 20 mins at work go by faster please! lol
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2011-10-28 18:41:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
Just don't say you're loving it on the official forums otherwise the other jobs will start QQing and we'll get gimped.

Pup will get heavy striked if you do!
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-28 19:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

ALL of this.....just sounds, so amazing
 Ragnarok.Zargosa
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zargosa
By Ragnarok.Zargosa 2011-10-28 20:21:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So, anyone actually been able to figure out which frame and what triggers dread spikes <.<? Tried dif frames/combinations and no such luck yet =/
By Inuyasha 2011-10-28 20:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jadecc said: »
now they need to make it easier to switch between the frames, wouldn't mind bringing out rdm frame for SS/phalanx, then switching back to whm frame if i didn't need to re-attatch all my attatchments
They need to make it so we can have two puppets/pets out at the same time :|

Lakshmi.Galith said: »
Pup will get heavy striked if you do!
yea...lets not do that :| I havent gotten to play with the PUPdate yet...dont want a repeat of not getting to play with Heavy Strike D:
 Ragnarok.Zargosa
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zargosa
By Ragnarok.Zargosa 2011-10-28 21:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, Couldn't get Spiritreaver/Stormwaker to cast dreak spikes but Spiritreaver/Harlequin cast with 2x Dark maneuvers. The guy post in the SE forums was right though, that's a fun combo kinda like DRK with tier 5 nukes, especially if you're sporting some sweet victory smite goodness to chain light with Magic Mortar.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-10-29 01:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyasha said: »

No. Two pets? Yeah, sure. Two Automatons? No. Think about it. You only have three maneuvers up at a time. Means you'd have to mix up maneuvers or gimp out one automaton to make the other better.

Having two automatons out at the same time has always been and will always be a stupid idea that should never go beyond just the Empress having two automatons.
By Inuyasha 2011-10-29 04:27:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Inuyasha said: »
No. Two pets? Yeah, sure. Two Automatons? No. Think about it. You only have three maneuvers up at a time. Means you'd have to mix up maneuvers or gimp out one automaton to make the other better. Having two automatons out at the same time has always been and will always be a stupid idea that should never go beyond just the Empress having two automatons.
We can dream cant we Q_Q

but yea, well aware of the possible flaws especially when one fire heavy frame would be instantly gimped by one automoton triggering the regain attatchment while the other is prepping a WS D:

or WHMbot and BLMbot out together...it just wouldnt work....but i have dreams Q_Q
By runeghost 2011-10-29 15:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There was, if I recall, in EverQuest (years back) a 2 hour or equivalent ability that sent a half dozen mini pets (imagine 5 "Deux Ex" clones that lasted 1 minute if they DID survive) and all did mimic of whatever it did.
that would be a fun meritable 99 super 2-hour that would be fun to watch...

-R
 Bismarck.Selka
user: Selka
By Bismarck.Selka 2011-10-31 14:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zargosa said: »
So, anyone actually been able to figure out which frame and what triggers dread spikes <.<? Tried dif frames/combinations and no such luck yet =/
I heard something about how your Spiritreaver needs to have hate. Have you tried this? I would try it on DC mobs as well as EM mobs to see if mob level matters. It makes sense to me that dread spikes would work in the same way that regen spells are programmed. Go solo Cuelebre!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-11-01 20:28:52
Link | Quote | Reply

11-01-2011 08:09 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Howdy! Sorry for the delay on this information about puppetmaster!

Quote:
Will anything be done about the order of magic casting (Enhancing magic > Status Ailment healing magic > cure-related magic)?
Actually, with the current system, by having more than two light maneuvers, curing becomes priority. In order to make it even easier to use, we will be looking into adjustments to ease up on the requirements a bit and make it so cure-related magic is a priority when having more than one light maneuver.

Quote:
There seems to be a bug where the automaton tries to use Erase to cure Sleep.
We have confirmed this is indeed a bug, so we will be fixing this.
Quote:
Depending on the frame/head setup, magic and ranged attacks are not taking place properly, is this a bug?
As you have pointed out, we determined that there is a bug where magic and ranged attacks are not being executed properly when using certain combinations of frames/heads. We will be fixing this.

Quote:
It seems like the frequency of Cure V use has gone up, but at times when Cure VI would be better, for example, when I use HP boosts in Abyssea, my automaton casts Cure V. How is this being determined?
The decision of which cure to use is based on the ratio of the player’s max HP to the amount of damage sustained, so in the case of boosting your HP in Abyssea, Cure VI will not be used too often. We will be making adjustments so when you have a Damage Gauge equipped, Cure VI is selected when your HP falls below a certain point.

Quote:
Soulsoother behavior after being called is quite strange. Sometimes it just stands there not casting and the reactions are very slow.
We tried testing this out but didn’t see any of the listed symptoms. If there are similar cases, please let us know the specifics so we can help out.

Quote:
Is it possible to make the reaction time for Shield Bash faster? I can’t stop WS and magic. Actually, I don’t think it even reacts to magic…
After checking this out I found that when facing high level monsters, it will only react to magic that takes a while to cast. We will try to make adjustments so that automatons will react with Shield Bash for magic, except those that have extremely short cast times.

Quote:
Why is my automaton pretty much only casting Silence for enfeebling magic, especially on notorious monsters that resist it?
After checking this out, it appears that the behavior of their enfeebling magic is a bit off and we corrected it. We made it so that when equipping a scanner, the magic usage would be more accurate. This goes for all enfeebling magic and not just Silence.

These adjustments and bug fixes will be implemented with the next test server update.
 Cerberus.Jafah
user: Jaffa
By Cerberus.Jafah 2011-11-01 23:59:48
Link | Quote | Reply

This update cant get here fast enough :/
By Inuyasha 2011-11-02 00:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
There seems to be a bug where the automaton tries to use Erase to cure Sleep.
"oops" fits best here i think.

Quote:
Why is my automaton pretty much only casting Silence for enfeebling magic, especially on notorious monsters that resist it?
they give u a better AI...it turns into the first NPC....where it silences anything that has MP :| betting that was the issue there
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-02 00:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Speaking of the Shield Bash note: Anybody having an issue with shield bash in general? It seems my puppet won't really bash AT ALL with barrier module on...