People Unwilling To Adapt To The Way Things Are

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » People unwilling to adapt to the way things are
People unwilling to adapt to the way things are
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-19 03:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Paladin is still a highly useful job for party tactics.

However, people tend to prefer doing FFXI stuff with a maximum of 3 people these days. Although that's not how I prefer to play, I can't blame people for wanting to play that way.

And if you're doing something with a maximum of 3 people, it's silly to waste one of those 3 spots on PLD.

For party/alliance-size groups, I like to have a PLD on-hand in some circumstances because a PLD with Atma of the Future Fabulous and a good amount of MDB gear can nullify a lot of magic damage. Plus, PLD is the only job that can use Swift Blade (for blue !!).

[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2011-02-19 17:30:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spccdog said:
I leveled the job and main tanked in dynamis for 4 years, i think i have a right to say a job is dead imo. I have an open mind though unlike alot of people and accept the fact that pld really is dead right now.
LOL PALADINZ!
 Odin.Een
Server: Odin
user: Een
By Odin.Een 2011-02-24 19:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just watching how the game has turned out over the years..the progression of the jobs...fixing a job to make it better...that is the proof.

Sure SE hasn't said anything yet..but that doesn't mean anything. Watching the game over the course of so many years change the way it has...that's the proof.

It isn't going to end with with dead jobs. They better do something to keep this game going..they've already screwed themselves with 14.

The game will change again. Hey, I'm leveling paladin now, already plan on getting all +2 gear for the job. And don't ever plan on retiring the job. Just like people didn't give up on THF when they COMPLETELY SUCKED post-60 back in the day I won't give up on PLD even tho is COMPLETELY SUCKS post-75 now. :)
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-02-25 10:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I distinctly remember someone in a LS I was in a few years ago commenting "lolmnk" when I asked if the job was useful at all, since mine was(and is) very low level. It was never terrible, just back then nobody I knew had any use for it. Maybe they were just dumb, but I just think it's funny when loljobs become OMGBOSS jobs over time.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-25 11:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea turned the world of Vana'diel on its head. Once loljobs are now boss jobs, and boss jobs have turned to ***.
 Asura.Daleterrence
Server: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-02-25 11:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

OP, You are now the Male Darki, just more of an idiot.

Moving on.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-25 11:49:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Abyssea turned the world of Vana'diel on its head. Once loljobs are now boss jobs, and boss jobs have turned to ***.

MNK and WAR were always pretty high tier.

SAM and BRD used to be too though. PLD and DRK were always pretty bad outside of very situational situations.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-25 11:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:
I distinctly remember someone in a LS I was in a few years ago commenting "lolmnk" when I asked if the job was useful at all, since mine was(and is) very low level. It was never terrible, just back then nobody I knew had any use for it. Maybe they were just dumb, but I just think it's funny when loljobs become OMGBOSS jobs over time.
This happens all the time.

Loldrg lolpup loldrk(which for a very short time with the right gear it wasn't lol..but its more so back to being loldrk again :/) and on and on it goes.

It's just how the game works.