People Unwilling To Adapt To The Way Things Are

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » People unwilling to adapt to the way things are
People unwilling to adapt to the way things are
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-02-18 08:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Asura.Eeek said:
That's only 3 optimals. This is FFXI. NEED MOAR OPTIMALS!!

/racecar mode

OPTIMAL PRIME ACTIVATED

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 08:38:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So is BRD useless now? I'd heard so.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-02-18 08:39:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

When you're mainly soloing/duoing mobs in Abyssea, you don't even think about haste!
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 08:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eeek said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

When you're mainly soloing/duoing mobs in Abyssea, you don't even think about haste!

Well I was thinking of playing again and trioing with a nin and whm friend.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-02-18 08:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Bartimaeus said:
Would it be any less amazing that I just downloaded that (and similar) game(s)..

*** yea.

That is amazing, but what's more amazing is that you're not a bad enough dude to have rescued the President by now.

Maybe if you were more optimal...
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-02-18 08:42:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

it's a reference to a rinkydink comment
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 08:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Ahh ok.

So for srs... Is BRD useless now?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-02-18 08:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

it's still good for double marches

not really useless

but not the OMGZBARD it used to be
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-18 08:48:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice to have around for Gryellow goodness, still a great puller and I still love my double Marches / Elegy etc. I wouldn't turn down a good Bard.

Plus, you can DD with appropriate atma inside Abyssea >:3
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-02-18 08:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Eeek said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Ahh ok.

So for srs... Is BRD useless now?

My bad, I thought I saw you in that thread and thought you were making a deadpan joke.

BRD is still awesome. Ballads have faded in relevance, but marches (along with carols and other situational songs) certainly have not.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 08:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Nice to have around for Gryellow goodness, still a great puller and I still love my double Marches / Elegy etc. I wouldn't turn down a good Bard.

Plus, you can DD with appropriate atma inside Abyssea >:3

My dreams... come true

I need someone with a good 75 > 90 gear guide for BRD lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 08:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

And thanks Y'all lol
 Ramuh.Zangada
Server: Ramuh
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2011-02-18 09:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spccdog said:
Just wanted to get others opinion's on why people still use pld as a main tank. Mainly inside abyssea. This is not a pld hate thread. pld was my 1st 75 and i leveled all my jobs i have to 75 pre-abyssea. i loved playing pld but it is useless now. so is it people just too stuck in old ways to change or ignorance or a little of both.I get tired of waiting for groups with 12+ to proc and kill nms in 3-4 x the time it takes a small group of 3-6. Ok go on with the trolling <3

People unwilling to let us play how we want to. Last i checked we all pay the same amount to play. And i'll say it again, a job is only as useless as you make it.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-18 10:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spccdog said:
Just wanted to get others opinion's on why people still use pld as a main tank. Mainly inside abyssea. This is not a pld hate thread. pld was my 1st 75 and i leveled all my jobs i have to 75 pre-abyssea. i loved playing pld but it is useless now. so is it people just too stuck in old ways to change or ignorance or a little of both.I get tired of waiting for groups with 12+ to proc and kill nms in 3-4 x the time it takes a small group of 3-6. Ok go on with the trolling <3

So no one should ever play a job they like. Everyone should only play the approved jobs for abyssea and never the job they want to play.

This is a game not a money paying job. People have the right to enjoy the game the way they want. Just because the game balance of jobs has changed does mean anything to a person who just plays for fun.

Bottom line is: If you play to have the best set up in everything you do then your allys should only have the optmal jobs in abyssea. If not then play whatever the hell you want.

And another thing: don't say this isn't a pld bashing thread when it is. You just said why do people use pld when it sucks. That is pld bashing. Just because you used to have the job doesn't mean you get to bash that same job then turn around and say you aren't bashing it. >.>

Odin.Spccdog said:
I get tired of waiting for groups with 12+ to proc and kill nms in 3-4 x the time it takes a small group of 3-6.
So your getting tired of noobs being... noobs? There will always be bad players who play this game. The PLD job isn't to blame for that problem.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 10:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone lets you play Paladin then so be it. As long as you're not being an idiot and thinking the job is better than it is then what's the issue here?

I think you need to lighten up and let people play a game how they want to play the game.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-02-18 10:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly i've started leveling my other weapons where previously it seemed pointless to do so, right now I have all the red procs for the weapons PLD can equip and most of the blue, (just missing the trial WS for a few weapons) still most of the time it's just a case of being on RDM and then there's the "Oh ***it's freezebite, can you change to PLD rq?".

And that's in the odd situation there isn't a WAR to fall back on.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-18 10:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering that, short of the Death or Doom effects, an Ochain Paladin is unkillable by any means (Save for Encumbrance effect) I still think they're a valueble, if unnecessary addition to any HNM fight.

It's almost impossible to hurt for time as well, since with proper light strategy, you can get 500 minutes in a little under an hour, so essentially, the "Job v. Job" argument comes down to Elitist or Entertainment. Do you need to kill ***as quickly as possible, or do you need to enjoy the time you spend actually "Playing" The game a little more, some people just aren't fortunate enough to like playing Monk, Ninja or Warrior.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2011-02-18 10:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spccdog said:
everyone knows you think pld is useless. ok we got your point now stfu b/c there is no way you will be able to convince anyone here of your opinion. Fact.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-18 10:47:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Useless, perhaps hot. Inefficient? Definitely
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-02-18 10:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spccdog said:

Maybe because they enjoy playing PLD? I don't know what to tell you, patience is its own virtue. Not everyone equates high efficiency with fun, some people actually have quite the opposite view.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 10:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Though to be fair, most jobs have been inefficient for a long time now.

I guess it depends whether you play the most efficient job 100% of the time, I certainly wouldn't.

Every game has this issue, people who bandwagon into the next 'big' job and then people are left out of things to do if they don't enjoy playing as the flavour of the month.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-02-18 10:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spccdog said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I recommend you take two aspirin and quit the game. You're obviously suffering from a serious mental condition which I have diagnosed as chockfullofshititis. Listen to yourself, crying like a baby because you gotta wait a few extra minutes for us nubs to kill ***. Well excuse the hell out of us for playing a game for fun and not being a super special snowflake like you. Someone please craft this guy a box of tissues, my skill is probably not high enough. On second thought, I have alchemy 50 which is probably high enough to craft TAR, wait right here while I get the mats and all the stacks of chocobo feathers in the ah. Then we will do you pilgrim style.

We interupt this post with a special announcement to all scabby kneed elitist scum that think their ***doesn't stink.
Attention all ***... you lied, cheated, begged, borrowed and pleaded your way to the top and when you got there you found out it was overcrowded by noobs. That's just too damn bad! We are legion! and we will not be swayed by your tears. The sound of your crying, gnashing of teeth and pulling out of all your hair sounds like a beautiful symphony to our ears!

Help, stay out of the way, or smash your game disk.
That is all.

/end thread

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-02-18 10:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Odin.Spccdog said:

Maybe because they enjoy playing PLD? I don't know what to tell you, patience is its own virtue. Not everyone equates high efficiency with fun, some people actually have quite the opposite view.

I think that's me. Maybe, I dunno. It's like on other games, once I figure out the end-all, be-all perfect solution to whatever challenge the game has, I'm done with it. I like to try different, unconventional things, experimenting. In FFXI, there are those elite, high-end players who have the perfect gear combos, strats, etc, who can just annihilate everything. I figure "Hey, it's already been done, I'm gonna go do something else."

For all it's fail-i-tude, I've been experimenting with DRK spellcasting, trying to make it viable. No luck so far, but for me, the fun comes with the trial and error. Simply having someone walk up and say "No, it sucks" or even "Here, use item X, Y, and Z job ability" takes the fun out of it.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-18 10:58:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Failing is fun. You heard it on xi-ah.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-02-18 10:58:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Wow, way to completely miss the point. We can't all be Tigerwoods, ya know...
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-18 11:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Wow, way to completely miss the point. We can't all be Tigerwoods, ya know...
I've no clue why people keep saying that. It's not like I'm the best or anything. This game isn't hard. It's easy for anyone to perform well, provided they're not morons about it.