People Unwilling To Adapt To The Way Things Are

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » People unwilling to adapt to the way things are
People unwilling to adapt to the way things are
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno bart, to be optimal the crown has to be tossed :(

I was so sad when I did that quest and realised right away people who said it was a good BRD piece lied.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

If I you had a face slot I'd wear my crown and glasses onry.

Currently, sunglasses onry.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-02-18 11:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm tired of hearing what job is dead. I'm tired of hearing to level war or monk or nin. I am a monk main and a war after that, but not because Abyssea dictates it.

Just let people play their own *** game. Why do you care how other people play? The stick shoved that far up your ***? Let them play how they want. It's not like it has any effect on you at all.

*** man. Tired of the same ***.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
Server: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-02-18 11:05:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Failing is fun. You heard it on xi-ah.

Wow, way to completely miss the point. We can't all be Tigerwoods, ya know...
I've no clue why people keep saying that. It's not like I'm the best or anything. This game isn't hard. It's easy for anyone to perform well, provided they're not morons about it.

So there's no gray area at all, it's either perform optimal at all times or be a moron? That's why "people keep saying that." You look down your nose at everyone who's not a BB mnk and wonder?

I play around with the drk spell thing because I figure there's something to it. A good majority of DRK exclusive gear has some kind of casting mod on it, just look at the AF2 set for instance. I know drk isn't a mage job, but I'm just messing around with it for fun. I'm sorry if your fun involves being told specifically which mathematical combination is optimal for specific situations, and following suit like an assembly worker.

This is a game, not a Hadron Collider.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I'm tired of hearing what job is dead. I'm tired of hearing to level war or monk or nin. I am a monk main and a war after that, but not because Abyssea dictates it.

Just let people play their own *** game. Why do you care how other people play? The stick shoved that far up your ***? Let them play how they want. It's not like it has any effect on you at all.

*** man. Tired of the same ***.

I agree, but people need to understand if leaders want specific jobs.

Play what you want as you pay, but remember other people pay too.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-18 11:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
So there's no gray area at all, it's either perform optimal at all times or be a moron? That's why "people keep saying that." You look down your nose at everyone who's not a BB mnk and wonder?

As far as performing well goes, yes, that is correct. As far as fun goes, not so much.

People confuse fun with efficiency however, or fun with "good".

If someone wants to argue pld is fun, I won't in any way shape or form shoot that down, but if someone wants to come and claim the job is good or efficient because it is fun, that is a totally different story, and moronic.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-18 11:11:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
In the same sense wouldn't you like to have a scholar around if your whm was a moron? yeah sch can't heal as well but at least you won't wipe
I'd just get a new whm, lol.
[+]
By Petrah 2011-02-18 11:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What is a PLD? not sure I'm understanding your language... I remember what it was like to learn to be a tank. I fear that is no longer the case... mostly.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 11:13:40
Link | Quote | Reply

wat
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-02-18 11:19:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

If someone wants to argue pld is fun, I won't in any way shape or form shoot that down, but if someone wants to come and claim the job is good or efficient because it is fun, that is a totally different story, and moronic.

That's true, nothing is worse than an idiot who plays a "Fun" job, but still sucks at it.

Still, it's possible for inefficient jobs (RNG, DRK, PLD, SCH, RDM) to be "Good" and "Useful" if played well. I figure, if you really do like a "Lesser" job, you take the time to actually play it well enough to be a worthwhile contribution, of course, that tends to be a pretty rare occurrence.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-18 13:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kinda amaze no one add SAM in the list, i mean SAM still have they place in abyssea, probably just because ppl used to recon them as good DD, but abyssea kinda made them a poor DD now, is mainly due to no WS with Crit-Hit Mod (outside E.Wep). I mean they dmg still very decent, just not optimum as it used to be.

Personally i totally lost interest to play SAM in abyssea, but guess what E.Wep i am working on :P GK of course.

For SCH i would not say they lost they place, maybe depend on server, but our SCH on Fenrir are amazing, i just see them out damage BLM most of the time, and they can play 2 role (healer/nuker) can also help on trigger. For RDM, well no way they lost they place :P

For RNG job, i doubt anything changed for them, that jobs used to be as it is atm -> situational. Personally i never liked the idea to blow out all my gil into ammo, and with this shitty economy, for sure it make me stay hell far of RNG, but i still keep in touch on the job bc at some NM they are and always gonna be the best DD.

In general, there no 'FAIL JOB' in abyssea, just some job take more time/energy/gear to perform good, THF, DNC, WAR, ect are lucky from this chapter, with poor gear, they still can perform very awesome.

If you drop the job you love to play, just bc of ppl opinion, that is your lost lol. Is PLD a fail job now? No way, general PLD maybe, but take time to look at PLD with E.Shield and 5/5+2 then compare him with your lovely mnk tanking. But as i stated couple post ago... The MAX hate is too low, and no matter if your pld have aegis or E.shild, he wont be able to keep hate. SE will fix it, i am 100% sure.
 Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-02-18 14:18:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
SE will fix it, i am 100% sure.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-02-18 14:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Still, it's possible for inefficient jobs (RNG, DRK, PLD, SCH, RDM)
How is this inefficient in Abyssea, besides lack of higher-tier cures and MM practically replacing refresh 2?

Valefor.Ivaan
Server: Valefor
user: ivaan
By Valefor.Ivaan 2011-02-18 14:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he refers to it bc any feeble that can land can be done by a whm or blm with basic cruor buffs?

Rdm has lost some value inside abyssea i would say, i do have rdm 90, and even when i tell ppl i have it i am never asked to come as one lol.

then again, cure 4 sucks, so you cant really have a rdm main heal on most of the tougher things ide say.

Not saying im right, just my view
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-02-18 14:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

WHM can get pretty on-par with Enfeebles, I can agree to that. Though a RDM with AF3+2 body could probably beat them out marginally.

RDM has always been a back-up cure anyway, so imo I'm pretty comfortable with throwing out some nukes every now and then. RDM is just back where it was designed to be, and imo adding a little more is better than just standing around like a lot of groups end up doing anyway.
 Odin.Een
user: Een
By Odin.Een 2011-02-18 15:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

There will always be a use for Paladins for Notorious Monsters where Blink Tanking fails in 2 secs after engaging. Sure Monks can do it, get enough of them ya, but you will be healing a lot when you are fighting something that is up to Par...AGAIN... on what stuff like Tiamat and Dark Ixion used to do to a level 75 as far as damage.

They raised the level cap to 90, they aren't done. There will be more introductions of NM's where a High Defense Paladin will be needed. And NM's where only Blink Tanking is useful. SE is aware of what has happened to PLD's. There was a time when Samurai was sub-par to damage dealing compared to most jobs, SE fixed that.

They aren't going to just hang Paladins out to dry. I will level mine to 90, not as a tank, in a haste/attack build and try to be as useful as possible. Cause the end isn't here for Paladins, they will fix it just like they always have fixed a job when they started lacking.

Anyone remember THF before Assassin job trait? Best job til SATA was usable as a sub job. The job was useless past 60 as far as damage dealing when you could just stick in a WAR,DRK,SAM /THF if you needed the hate planted on your Tanks...I remember being ONLY /THF as Samurai for the longest of times and never partying with a THF...the DOT wasn't enough to want to put them in an exp party. Then...they fixed THF and then everybody loved THF cause they were no longer just hate management Hoe's which you could do with a WAR,SAM,DRK, etc. There was no good use to have a THF passed 60 back in the day....but not anymore.

SE will fix it, and there will be NM's and other good uses for PLD's again. Watch and see. SE never leaves a job behind...not for long anyways.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-02-18 19:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Een said:
There will be more introductions of NM's where a High Defense Paladin will be needed. And NM's where only Blink Tanking is useful. SE is aware of what has happened to PLD's.

I'd like to see your sources.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-02-18 19:29:55
Link | Quote | Reply

idk, Rani is the closest mob to such a thing, yet MNK is still the most useful tank for it.
also, using a PLD in abyssea is hard mode. true story.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-02-18 19:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I was so sad when I did that quest and realised right away people who said it was a good BRD piece lied.
This crown?
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2011-02-18 20:39:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fredjan said:
idk, Rani is the closest mob to such a thing, yet MNK is still the most useful tank for it.
also, using a PLD in abyssea is hard mode. true story.
oh snap!
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-18 20:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Een said:
SE will fix it, and there will be NM's and other good uses for PLD's again. Watch and see. SE never leaves a job behind...not for long anyways.

DRK
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-18 20:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

This crown?

Nah Opo crown, I thought it was a good BRD debuff piece, proves I was wrong lol.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
Server: Ragnarok
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2011-02-18 21:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I'm tired of hearing what job is dead. I'm tired of hearing to level war or monk or nin. I am a monk main and a war after that, but not because Abyssea dictates it. Just let people play their own *** game. Why do you care how other people play? The stick shoved that far up your ***? Let them play how they want. It's not like it has any effect on you at all. *** man. Tired of the same ***.

Didn't read whole thread but this would pretty much sum up my answer to this thread. If someone wants to do the game their way, who cares? Personally I've watched some Ochain/Almace JP PLD's past few weeks and can only say they are amazing. The point is there is almost always more than one way to defeat something in this game. We used to zerg Kirin in the old days in 30 seconds, yet many people still insisted on the whole kiting business. Who cares, thats how we did it, thats how they did it.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2011-02-18 21:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

This crown?

Nah Opo crown, I thought it was a good BRD debuff piece, proves I was wrong lol.
damn lol oh well
Glory Crown > All
 Odin.Een
user: Een
By Odin.Een 2011-02-18 23:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Odin.Een said:
There will be more introductions of NM's where a High Defense Paladin will be needed. And NM's where only Blink Tanking is useful. SE is aware of what has happened to PLD's.

I'd like to see your sources.

You really think that SE isn't aware of the situation in game? You really think it hasn't been talked about to SE developers and planners? From the players so to speak. I haven't read it, but I seen today on the FFXI main page, that the 'developers answer your questions'. They hear the problems, people's concerns. I bet they have a few ideas already on the table on what to do. But career PLDs, people who put 80% of their playing time into the job, have Excalibur and Aegis, Relic +1, AF +1, the best gear for PLD and back when 75 was the Cap, they were just plain out, the ***...I guarantee SE has heard plenty of earfuls from players like that.

But my Sources? Come on... They know. They knew what happened to jobs before. When THF was only good til level 60. Then any DD job /THF was more useful and THF couldn't ever get a party. Then they added in Assassin Trait. Made it useful to have a THF in party again. But that was back in the day. Samurai to went through a stage. Sub-par DD'er. Ended up getting Hasso and Seigan, Overwhelm. Hell when I leveled SAM to 75 it had 3 Job abilitys, Third Eye, Meditate, and Warding Circle. lol

Don't need sources, they know. They aren't going to leave PLD's behind to die off. They've yet to let a job die without giving some effort to fix it and they have always achieved the balance when it was missing.

One thing SE has ALWAYS done, is keep a good balance for every job in the game. They haven't ever just left one behind to die off and they aren't going to start right now. It's just obvious.

And they will probably raise the Enmity cap extremely high. That's just my guess. Back to the way it used to be or higher. When a Paladin could bring SOOO much hate upon himself he would have to die before it could be pulled off him.

But I've been around since PS2 release. I've seen all ups and downs of this game, the additions. Hell I remember when achieving level 75 took SOO much experience it was an accomplishment to reach it.

Don't really need resources when you have seen it time and time again. It's the balance that SE will 'update' to give PLD's their place back into the game. Either turning all the DEF into some type of Offense, or making Enmity useful again.

Believe me, they know. Don't think that a ***ton of PLD lovers hasn't bitched to SE about it already. It's been discussed. The balance of the game will always be kept. There's never been a 'Supreme' job, a God Job, so to speak, that is better than any other jobs in every way. That's the beauty of this game. It's one reason why I still play it after so many years. The balance. It shows. It's obvious.

The balance is what makes this game successful. It's why people play it. And right now, it is off balance...but it won't stay that way. Time and time again, Square Enix has shown us that. :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-18 23:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Don't need sources, they know. They aren't going to leave PLD's behind to die off. They've yet to let a job die without giving some effort to fix it and they have always achieved the balance when it was missing.

One thing SE has ALWAYS done, is keep a good balance for every job in the game. They haven't ever just left one behind to die off and they aren't going to start right now. It's just obvious.

DRK DRK DRK

if that isn't a dead job, I don't know what is. SE have hurt it again and again for the last 9 months, and before then there was precious little in the way of boosts. Hell, they even ninja-nerfed Abs-TP (not that it matters much).

The game balance is terrible. WAR: strongest DD, huge red/blue proc flexibility, best AoE WS farming method. MNK: Powerful DD, huge HP and great tanking ability, great blue proc versatility. NIN: Powerful DD, great tanking ability, great red proc versatility.

Can you name me a DD which comes close to those in terms of power/overall utility? Properly geared DRG is definitely competitive in damage but lacks flexibility, for instance.

WHM rapes all other mages at healing. Rapes. WHM is a REQUIRED job for a lot of battles right now (unless throwing bodies). REQUIRING one specific job for a large quantity of fights is terrible game balance.

I could go on, but I really feel that out of all things SE does well, you could not list balance among them. Hell, the last update boosted WAR and MNK...
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-02-18 23:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

... the reason people are asking for your sources is because there hasn't beeen 1 single word about the imbalnce of jobs conserning pld in any of the 'developers answer your questions' segments. nor has it been on twitter.. yet they did say they would do something about pup's imbalnce on those same pages.

The only thing they have said regarding pld is that aegis shield has become underpowered conpared to ochain but thats not gonna fix the overall problem with pld atm.

As far as we know on SE considering pld: "its working as entended" :/ there has be 0 proof that they think otherwize as of this post. All we want is ANYTHING that is telling us that they know this problem is there and that they are gonna fix it.
[+]