People Unwilling To Adapt To The Way Things Are

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » People unwilling to adapt to the way things are
People unwilling to adapt to the way things are
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-18 05:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
SE need reduce mele hate,
They sorta have or did a long time ago. Hate from dmg dealt decreases as the lvl of the target increases
well idk, i think if they would just increase the max hate, that would be a good fix too.

bc the way it is atm, 10 SAM would TA-WS PLD and in 20 sec i would still be tanking on thf, due to max hate too low.
Yeah the hate cap was kinda designed for mobs with less hp and/or more people dealing dmg to divide the hate. But part of it is just the amount of dmg DDs put out in abyssea and now outside because everything was designed for 75. No one used mnk tanks for much outside of salvage before lol. lvl diff acc issues and lower attack kinda wreck well physical DDs in general but mnks are a little worse.

So if they put in nms that you aren't autocapping fstr and acc on again that are like 20 lvls higher when you don't have a 75% crit rate you'll find melee dmg not so hot again
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-18 05:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

ya, but i am sure you know what i am saying, since you are playing thf often, you cap on hate when you Duo tank something and as soon mob strip 1 shadow he turn to other tank, and no matter if you WS for 4k dmg, 1 shadow lost still will make mob turn to other tank (Max hate reached)

This max hate happen way too fast now. new NM HP did increase, new NM DMG did increase, our dmg did increased, but the max hate stayed the same, leaving 0 chance at all to PLD to hold much since there nothing much to hold as hate.

Correct me if i am wrong, but more HP = less hate lost too, and all mele have tons of hp now. loosing 1000/2000 HP reduce same hate as loosing 500/1000 hp (both 50% of your hp striped) Think that explain easy how mnk can tank easy with they 6k+ HP.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-18 05:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Also rng should be good again thanks to lvl correct and not having abazzillion random buffs all the time... hate whats happened to rng /sigh

But yeah more hp you got the less hate you lose per dmg dealt... oh look as everyones hp is halved when we leave abyssea lol
 Fenrir.Ilax
Server: Fenrir
user: FireDeath
By Fenrir.Ilax 2011-02-18 05:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Fenrir.Ilax said:
SE need reduce mele hate,
They sorta have or did a long time ago. Hate from dmg dealt decreases as the lvl of the target increases
well idk, i think if they would just increase the max hate, that would be a good fix too.

bc the way it is atm, 10 SAM would TA-WS PLD and in 20 sec i would still be tanking on thf, due to max hate too low.
Yeah the hate cap was kinda designed for mobs with less hp and/or more people dealing dmg to divide the hate. But part of it is just the amount of dmg DDs put out in abyssea and now outside because everything was designed for 75. No one used mnk tanks for much outside of salvage before lol. lvl diff acc issues and lower attack kinda wreck well physical DDs in general but mnks are a little worse.

So if they put in nms that you aren't autocapping fstr and acc on again that are like 20 lvls higher when you don't have a 75% crit rate you'll find melee dmg not so hot again

Yep totally agree
 Bahamut.Jobice
user: Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2011-02-18 06:16:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Friends don't let friends lolpld
[+]
 Diabolos.Jonnydutch
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Jonnydutch 2011-02-18 06:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all,

my 2 cents, I play PLD full time, but its not to be fulltime tank, most times it turns out that way after 1/2 though the battle.

why dont the PLD adapt..... anyone think of that, plds can do at least 60% if not more of the red or blu !! (Club, Great Sword, Polearm, Staff, and Sword) in our LS we use pld as the !! trigger.
and well if you want hate cure the DD's lol
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-18 06:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

They can sub whm and back up cure!
[+]
 Diabolos.Jonnydutch
Server: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Jonnydutch 2011-02-18 06:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

lol ive done that before for main cure when we have no whms on... works ok but need more than cure IV in abby LOL
[+]
 Asura.Takinagi
Server: Asura
user: Oric
By Asura.Takinagi 2011-02-18 06:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Tanked using PLD in aby for the first time in 4 months and i got to say i miss the job :( but yeah it sucks
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-18 06:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Jonnydutch said:
Hey all,

my 2 cents, I play PLD full time, but its not to be fulltime tank, most times it turns out that way after 1/2 though the battle.

why dont the PLD adapt..... anyone think of that, plds can do at least 60% if not more of the red or blu !! (Club, Great Sword, Polearm, Staff, and Sword) in our LS we use pld as the !! trigger.

Why not play WAR where you can do even more weaponskills, and dish out good dmg after you'r done proccing?=p derp!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Darkpearl
Server: Ragnarok
user: Darkpearl
By Ragnarok.Darkpearl 2011-02-18 07:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmh I play always THF in Abyssea... sometimes tank, sometimes only for put TH. I think I love play with every job I have leveled, and PLD is one of them. Is still fun play with PLD and tank tho. At last for me.
 Cerberus.Rayik
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-02-18 07:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Diabolos.Jonnydutch said:
Hey all,

Why not play WAR where you can do even more weaponskills, and dish out good dmg after you'r done proccing?=p derp!

Maybe because WAR is not PLD. For your logic, might as well suggest MNK since that seems to be the only job people want anymore.

Guy plays PLD obviously because he wants to. We're not talking heart surgery, it's a video game. Yeah, the way the new EG content came about skewed things against certain jobs, but if people enjoy playing those jobs don't give them crap for doing so.

I love how easy it is on a forum for everyone to just have their optimal party build, most efficient gear set, and perfect untouchable strats, and then expect everyone else out there to follow suit. Stuff works a little different in the actual game.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-18 07:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Need more rng is what we need!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-18 07:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

He used red and blue !! ws as a reason to use PLD, but he have WAR leveled, the reason I said what I did :P
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-18 07:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I see this thread going places.
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-02-18 07:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
He used red and blue !! ws as a reason to use PLD, but he have WAR leveled, the reason I said what I did :P

I didn't look to see what he had leveled, but if he wanted to play WAR, he'd just play WAR. I agree with you on if it's only for procs play WAR, but obviously he plays PLD because he enjoys it, and it happens to be able to proc a few things.

I'm the same way with DRK. I love DRK, I play it for fun, and I just happen to be able to proc a few things should the need arise. Nobody is going to go out of their way to pick me up just for proccing, but if it comes up I have a few I can do. I'm currently levelling WAR just for Abyssea proccing and such, but for fun I play DRK.

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-18 07:27:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

I didn't look to see what he had leveled, but if he wanted to play WAR, he'd just play WAR. I agree with you on if it's only for procs play WAR, but obviously he plays PLD because he enjoys it, and it happens to be able to proc a few things.

I'm the same way with DRK. I love DRK, I play it for fun, and I just happen to be able to proc a few things should the need arise. Nobody is going to go out of their way to pick me up just for proccing, but if it comes up I have a few I can do. I'm currently levelling WAR just for Abyssea proccing and such, but for fun I play DRK.

Wish I still could play DRK for fun aswell >_>
I love DRK as a job, but I just dont really find it fun to be useless..
If I for some reason play as DRK now I feel like I'm just there for no reason at all <_>
[+]
 Cerberus.Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2011-02-18 07:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

If I for some reason play as DRK now I feel like I'm just there for no reason at all <_>

I like the flavor of the job, and I think that blinds me to the mechanical shortcomings of it. I don't care that my ws's aren't doing UBER damage. I like carrying a scythe, casting dark magic spells and wearing black spiky armor. Fun for me isn't about mathemetical superiority or being the best at anything. Not saying it is for you, I'm just saying that seems to be all this game is for a lot of people.
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2011-02-18 07:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rayik said:
I like the flavor of the job, and I think that blinds me to the mechanical shortcomings of it. I don't care that my ws's aren't doing UBER damage. I like carrying a scythe, casting dark magic spells and wearing black spiky armor. Fun for me isn't about mathemetical superiority or being the best at anything. Not saying it is for you, I'm just saying that seems to be all this game is for a lot of people.
That's the reason I can't bring myself to pick FFXI back up right now. I want to play my PLD, but I know nobody will want it. I'm considering leveling BLU since it seems like fun.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-18 07:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Krizz said:
I see this thread going places.
Like page 9!
 Asura.Eeek
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-02-18 08:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Rayik said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:

Just wait a few updates. It wasn't that long ago that people declared NIN a dead and useless job. MNK was once only a Chi Blast ***, and WAR was only a subjob and not a "useful" main job.

I still believe that people should level and gear the jobs they enjoy. Many people on FFXI forums seem to lack historical perspective and fail to remember that jobs have, time and time again, fallen in and out of favor over the years. Also, I've found that intelligent, well-geared players often outperform the bandwagoners playing the hot new job.

Who knows, DRK and PLD may be gods in 6 months time...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xueye
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Xueye 2011-02-18 08:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spccdog said:
I leveled the job and main tanked in dynamis for 4 years, i think i have a right to say a job is dead imo. I have an open mind though unlike alot of people and accept the fact that pld really is dead right now.

Read: I have an open mind, ergo you should not have an open mind and yield to my superiority!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-02-18 08:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Not long ago that WAR was only a subjob?
As far as I can remember WAR have been the top DD for years if properly geared >_>
[+]
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-02-18 08:21:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Not long ago that WAR was only a subjob?
As far as I can remember WAR have been the top DD for years if properly geared >_>

The "not long ago" was in reference to NIN. People fell all over themselves in bashing NIN and calling it a "dead job" before Abyssea came out.

MNK and WAR used to be undesirable jobs, but that's a lot further back in FFXI's history.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2011-02-18 08:32:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's only 3 optimals. This is FFXI. NEED MOAR OPTIMALS!!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Titan.Ardiem
Server: Titan
user: Ardiem
By Titan.Ardiem 2011-02-18 08:36:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I really dont understand a lot of the PLD hate going around in the game recently. I'm not going to say PLD is a better tank than NIN or MNK, because imho its not. MNK gets counterstance, which negates a great deal of dmg. NIN has superior evasion, TP feed, and more shadows.

But I see so many PLDs in abyssea turtling it up, and I can't for the life of me understand why. The main issue with keeping hate these days on PLD is enmity. a MNK or NIN using Razed Ruins/Gnarled Horn/whatever simply deals too much damage for a PLD to keep hate via conventional means. But i think far too many PLDs underestimate Vorpal Blade, you know, that Crit Hit WS sword gets? Its not top dog damage wise, but it still does excellent numbers with the right Atma(1500-2k at least on my NIN). I'd expect near those numbers from a well geared PLD. I agree 100% with what Jonny said about Paladins needing to adapt, though his suggested means are a little naïve.

Even with DD Atma's PLD wont be ideal, but its hardly dead.