They do not call the NYC electric company con edison for nothing. You have to pay for the privilege.
True story: at one time, in the 80s I think, con edison was bailed out of deep financial kimchee by the city of New York. The total amount of the bailout was greater then con ed's total market capitalization.
@Draylo There is a reason why your mayor recommended setting the thermostat at 78f. It wasn't socialism.
The type of Windows cook the apartment up. It never even reached 60, mostly gets down to 64 even tho i set 60. But these ptac units eat up so much energy, all these buildings have horrible energy efficiency here. But yeah, 70+degree, I won't be comfortable!
The current drip-slop is “Only 7 playstation games eclipsed 100k US physical sales”
How many worthwhile games were released on ps5 in 2026?? According to AI, heres the list of AAA titles released on ps5, it looked right, I didnt see anything missing:
Code Vein II -sales not released, likely low in general
Nioh 3 - fastest selling Nioh game, PS5/PC sales combined for 1mil++
Resident Evil Requiem - sold very well, physical copies SOLD OUT and buyers were forced into digital, 7 mil+
WWE 2K26 - niche market, tons of DLC to pump those digital sale counts up, but no numbers released
MLB The Show 26 - another niche market, no numbers released
Crimson Desert - -1mil on ps5, 6 mil total
Pragmata - 2mil+ sales
Saros - woke cuck trash that only sold 300k lol
007: First Light - 3 mil sold in 2 weeks
Reports from publishers state physical is 15-25% of sales. Either these numbers arent mathing, or the drip-slop is putting out very misleading numbers while remaining true that “only 7 games surpassed 100k physical sales”. Either way, there are 9 games listed, one was a confirmed flop (Saros) and either one of WWE or MLB were fueled by digital sales, tbh likely both and its one of those two that were the 100k floor for the misleading statement.
Just got back from the Odyssey, another great Nolan movie. All of his movies have made a profit and this one will be no different. It will probably make a billion, which will surely piss off the bottom of the internet.
Using modern English only really hurt Tom Holland and its because he already looks like a kid, having him speak like one doesn't help. At some point in his career, he is going to have to act like an adult. The rest of the cast was good, they probably won't earn any supporting actor noms because the movie is about one guy, Odysseus. And once again Matt Damon proves he can carry an entire movie.
I thought the modern English was really bad because they didn't commit to fully modernizing the speech. Some parts were just awkward especially at the start. Felt like the actors didn't even know what to do with the line.
I'd probably give it a 7/10 or 7.5/10.
Cyclops was well done but they condensed so much of the movie yet still made it nearly 3 hours
Most reviews I've seen have called it complete gutter trash.
Glad you liked it though.
I'd encourage everyone to read the books. Unfortunately most English translations change the originals way too much.
This movie is based on one of those translations that change the source material a lot.
Troy movie from early 2000s with Brad Pitt is really good, highly recommend.
lol, hard to take this post seriously when referencing Troy. Sure, its entertaining, but its the most egregious case of "changing the story" out there. Hector doesn't kill Menolaus, Agamemnon doesn't die, and Helen doesn't get to just escape with the Trojans.
Troy is a fun movie with the focus being primarily on Achilles. And Odyssey is a fun movie with the focus primarily being on Odysseus. It did get off to a sluggish start, but that's mainly because I wasn't there to see Tom Holland. I would encourage everyone to go see it, it's not Napoleon. That movie was a dumpster fire.
Spoilers for a 2000 year old book, but Odysseu's guilt was about returning home on his own, after having left with most of the able men under him. Among other things unrelated to the war.
Most of them didn't die in Troy though, they died on the way back. And in the book Troy was never even mentioned.
In fact Odysseus, whose idea it was to make the Trojan horse in the first place, was happy about the end of the war because it saved bloodshed on the Greek's side, and meant the fighting could stop and no more Greeks would have to die - almost a verbatim quote of his from the Odyssey.
To hear he has guilt about the end of the war.. that smells a lot.
This is a thread that I found on another website I post at. It can be really really interesting. I thought it deserved a place here.
Post your random thoughts for the day here, or anything else that intrigues you.
For starters, is it possible to give constructive critism to someone who doesn't have a neck? I totally just walked by a girl who didn't. Someone isn't getting a necklace for Valentines day!
And who decided black and white can't be colors? I want to say a racist. I really do.