Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22622 22623 22624 ... 22635 22636 22637
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2024-06-12 19:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Hydro power needs rivers, not lakes.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Server: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-06-12 19:09:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I am positive you are aware of this but...

Hydro power needs rivers, not lakes.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2024-06-12 19:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally spent 15 mins setting up Sunshine and Moonlight for AV1 streaming from PC to Steam Deck. God damn it's so good. This is why the nvidia shield was never matched for in-home game streaming: nvidia's streaming platform is simply better than anyone else's. Image quality is immaculate, latency is nonexistent, all while consuming 15mbps or less in bandwidth.

Why be stuck w/ the limited capabilities of the steam deck when I don't want to sit at my desk when I can still use my full fat 4090 PC from the living room? No fiddling with the weird touch controls to set up mods and ***, can just do it all in Windows where I know how everything works and stream it over.

I need to try it over the internet/5G as well to see how it works as a personal 'cloud' server for all my games. Only real complaint is that I have to recalibrate HDR when switching devices since my monitor and the steam deck OLED's screens are disparate enough that it looks a bit bad if I don't, but there's probably a utility that can save multiple profiles for that.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-12 21:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Acolyte down to 21% 20% 19 with 10000 reviews

And The first three episodes of The Boys season 4 will premiere on Prime Video on Thursday, June 13 at 12 a.m. PST
By Viciouss 2024-06-12 22:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard terrible things about episode 3. AngryJoe gave it a 1/10 and the clips they played were enough for me.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-06-12 22:25:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
I heard terrible things about episode 3. AngryJoe gave it a 1/10 and the clips they played were enough for me.

I would still rather watch it twice than any more ftwd lul
By Draylo 2024-06-12 22:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Was pretty boring honestly, and things didn't make sense like always
By Pantafernando 2024-06-13 00:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning you who are healthy. Good morning you who are sick.

It still thursday but we gonna get through

One way or another
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-06-13 01:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Made HQ Gyudon. :O
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-13 01:13:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Hydro power

Wind and water power are garbage and are nowhere near good enough to be the backbone of a solution to our power needs, we need to embrace nuclear power plants fully. Our power requirements are going up constantly as we try to become less reliant on the middle east, and that we are embracing archaic versions of power creation at this point in time is madness.

Social media has made our leaders so afraid of the masses of uninformed and stupid voters, that they can't do anything but virtue signal and pander.

If we keep pushing for "natural" forms of power creation, blackouts and brownouts will become the norm and once that starts happening innovation and general feeling of security among the population will go down. Dependable power is a foundation of our society.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-06-13 01:51:48
Link | Quote | Reply

RadialArcana said: »
Wind and water power are garbage and are nowhere near good enough to be the backbone of a
hey bro if you live somewhere lame as *** just say that
By RadialArcana 2024-06-13 03:10:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »
hey bro if you live somewhere lame as *** just say that

no u
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2024-06-13 05:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

The last time I played an online D&D game, and I cannot remember which one or when*, it PERFECTLY replicated the P&P D&D experience. Combat that would take a few minuets in real time took 15 or 20 minuets.

Thank you but I will pass.

*Perhaps during the XIV 1.x - 2.0 gap?

BG3 handled this well, so did the Infinity Engine games, KotoR, etc. There are a lot of D&D rule games that aren't super slow paced, even DA:O falls into that category.

I get why you wouldn't want the true experience, but it can be adapted in truer form than IMO they put forward here, which seems to take more notes from recent FF titles than the series origins
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-13 07:54:44
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing that piss me off are groups of people walking side by side in the corridor or stree5, like they are the only people in the world.

And *** the others, they are who need to slow down to match the groups pace.

Opening a eay for others to pass is too much enlightment for some
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-06-13 09:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Good morning you who are healthy. Good morning you who are sick.
You have keft me out.

If I didn't have a cancer I would be disgustingly healthy. But I do so I am not healthy. But I amn't sick either.

Wind and water power are garbage and are nowhere near good enough to be the backbone of a solution to our power needs
Tell that to the Colombia river. Or Manitoba.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-06-13 10:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

NOOOOO

Again ***without flush

Those Galka Hitlers are everywhere!
[+]
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-06-13 11:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Wind and water power are garbage and are nowhere near good enough to be the backbone of a
Tell that to the Colombia river. Or Manitoba.
yeah 97% of the entire province is hydro electric power, in his books that last 3% is the entire "backbone" I guess
By RadialArcana 2024-06-13 12:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah 97% of the entire province is hydro electric power, in his books that last 3% is the entire "backbone" I guess

The point is that it's just not viable in the vast majority of our countries locations and it's incredibly expensive too (solar and wind are incredibly expensive), not that it can't work in very specific places. But you know that.

The reality is that we will have to embrace Nuclear Power cause there is literally no alternative unless we go into severe power rationing (which won't happen, voters love to virtue signal till they can't turn on their 4k TV to watch Netflix Marathons while having the Air conditioning on), it's all just about how long we can play along with this charade and being intellectually dishonest that solar, wind and hydro are actually worth a damn nationwide. Right now Coal and other dirty methods of power are propping up these laughable "natural alternatives" (including piping power from other nations at great cost, the UK does this from France for example) but once those are phased out we are going to have serious problems keeping up with our power needs (which are increasing every year due to forced electric car use).

What will happen is we will all argue Nuclear is too dangerous (even though it's not, it's incredibly safe) and so can't be used, we will spend trillions of tax payer money on "natural alternatives" that just will not work outside of a few locations (and we know they won't) for a nationwide population and then eventually we will be forced to embrace Nuclear 10-20 years from now in a state of extreme emergency when our national grids on the brink of failure.

So basically we have to go through the theatrics, even though everyone in power knows it's inevitable. All because nobody wants to be called a bad person on twitter for saying we have to embrace Nuclear power.
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2024-06-13 12:26:58
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, peopletoba doesn't really... have much else.
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-13 13:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently I typed "diapers" for too many times in the recent discussion, the ads on top is now showing local diapers advertisement.

Wtf.......
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Server: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-06-13 13:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Apparently I typed "diapers" for too many times in recent discussion, the ads on top is now showing local diapers advertisement.

Wtf.......

*** that, buy them on Amazon, they're way cheaper since they acquired Diapers.com!
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2024-06-13 14:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
To be fair, peopletoba doesn't really... have much else.
oh god is that a PC version of the name? I have never heard that ***before lol

idk why he chimed in when we were talking about this part of the world's best power generation, which is not Nuclear Power. Since no one here implied or stated that what works well here should be applied elsewhere.

X: Hydro is king here
Y: Hydro sucks for here tho
Z: who asked?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2024-06-13 14:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

idk why he chimed in when we were talking about this part of the world's best power generation, which is not Nuclear Power. Since no one here implied or stated that what works well here should be applied elsewhere.

If it upset you just don't reply to my post, it's perfectly fine to not reply. Makes no diff to me.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2024-06-13 15:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The point is that it's just not viable in the vast majority of our countries locations England and it's incredibly expensive too (solar and wind are not incredibly expensive), not that it can't work in very specific places the rest of Europe. But you know that.
Fixed.
By RadialArcana 2024-06-13 15:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

France has embraced Nuclear power and that's why they export power to the UK and elsewhere.
[+]
By Afania 2024-06-13 15:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

So the political discussion went from female characters to diversity to anti-mega Corp to energy? What next?
By RadialArcana 2024-06-13 15:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not political, if we classify everything that matters as political then don't talk about anything serious at all.
By Josiahafk 2024-06-13 16:15:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not expect Gas to be so vastly ahead in Europe and then wind as almost second place, wow. I would have assumed Nuclear was a far higher percentage than it is.

but knowing that, the below makes more sense. wind is far cheaper than nuclear is.

By Pantafernando 2024-06-13 16:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Using Catpilot is cheating!
By RadialArcana 2024-06-13 16:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For the record I'm fully aware why "it's political" is brought up when it's something you don't agree with and nobody says anything when it's something you do.

First Page 2 3 ... 22622 22623 22624 ... 22635 22636 22637