Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Servers » Trabia » My Lovely Trabia
My Lovely Trabia
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11
By indecent 2011-01-29 15:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI was released a year after its initial launch in JP was it not? so who knows what XI was like when it was first released.

All I can tell you is this, the people in Conviction including myself feel there is alot of promise in the game therefore we are playing it for what it is. Finding things to do as a group to make it fun.

I will also say 95% of the people in Conviction, including myself, would have left this game already if it werent for playing with the people in said Conviction.

The end.

love always
Indy

Conviction: Tight like a virgin anus
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-29 16:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

indecent said:
FFXI was released a year after its initial launch in JP was it not? so who knows what XI was like when it was first released.

Research?
[+]
By indecent 2011-01-29 16:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

you are the e warrior ill save that peon work for you.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-29 16:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

indecent said:
you are the e warrior ill save that peon work for you.

Understandable due to your obvious learning difficulties.
[+]
By jmarkle 2011-01-29 17:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Not to rain on your Toll parade, but just so we're clear that's only official documentation of the development of XI rather than opinion from the players which is what would really say weather it was good or not.

In all honesty all you have to do is look at the original games content that you can find all over the net on places like gamefaqs to see that there was a lack of content, and though it's lack of content was not nearly as bad as XIV (so far) it still ended up being great.

One thing that I will point out is that FFXIV, as opposed to its predecessor XI, has an extremely good core foundation as a game...where as XI did have a better UI it still lacked content up until it's first expansion, Rise of the Zilart.

*Edit* Carter was way cooler than McKay
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-29 17:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

jmarkle said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Not to rain on your Toll parade, but just so we're clear that's only official documentation of the development of XI rather than opinion from the players which is what would really say weather it was good or not.

In all honesty all you have to do is look at the original games content that you can find all over the net on places like gamefaqs to see that there was a lack of content, and though it's lack of content was not nearly as bad as XIV (so far) it still ended up being great.

One thing that I will point out is that FFXIV, as opposed to its predecessor XI, has an extremely good core foundation as a game...where as XI did have a better UI it still lacked content up until it's first expansion, Rise of the Zilart.

*Edit* Carter was way cooler than McKay

FFXI - 2002

FFXIV - 2010

FFXI still had more content at launch. How are you not seeing a problem here?

edit: No she isn't, and she isn't smarter either.
[+]
By Shadou 2011-01-29 17:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-29 17:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadou said:

"Trolling is a kind of prank and a lost art form, full of failed attempts and people who don't even know what trolling is.
Merely being unpleasant is not trolling. Serial killers, dentists, IRS auditors, and so on are not trolls. Trolls do what they do to produce a reaction, not to be unpleasant for its own sake. Moreover, showing a disagreeing opinion with another party is not troll, no matter how much that other party tries to claim you're trolling."
[+]
By Shadou 2011-01-29 17:47:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh, its more over the words meaning evolved into its current state. Much like the term viral video. In the end how ever, you know whom, and to what I was referring to so the true meaning wasn't lost.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-29 17:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah. You call people who don't agree with you a troll, clearly you have no idea what 'trolling' is.

Through your logic, you're a troll because you disagree with me.
[+]
By jmarkle 2011-01-29 19:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree that XI had more "variety" of content. The level cap was original 50, again, until the first expansion (Same as what we have now) However, there was a quest system in place, which we are getting.

Even then the quests were still minimal and there were only 5 missions up to the Shadowlord.

FFXI was also way more grind heavy and time consuming.
Most people have a RL and I didn't find it fun taking 4 hours to rank 1 level after hitting dunes.

Most quests also had level pre-requisites like XIV but again because it was so grind heavy that could be days between certain quests, and even after you completed the quest the rewards were usually minimal and weren't worth the trouble.

I can understand trying to say XIV sucks because of what it lacks, but again, like XI sucking when it first came out in JP, it still had hope and ran 7 years with huge amounts of content added and changes that made the game much more enjoyable to play.

So you say research it, I say research it more thoroughly.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-29 19:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

jmarkle said:
I agree that XI had more "variety" of content. The level cap was original 50, again, until the first expansion (Same as what we have now) However, there was a quest system in place, which we are getting.

Even then the quests were still minimal and there were only 5 missions up to the Shadowlord.

FFXI was also way more grind heavy and time consuming.
Most people have a RL and I didn't find it fun taking 4 hours to rank 1 level after hitting dunes.

Most quests also had level pre-requisites like XIV but again because it was so grind heavy that could be days between certain quests, and even after you completed the quest the rewards were usually minimal and weren't worth the trouble.

I can understand trying to say XIV sucks because of what it lacks, but again, like XI sucking when it first came out in JP, it still had hope and ran 7 years with huge amounts of content added and changes that made the game much more enjoyable to play.

So you say research it, I say research it more thoroughly.

FFXI - 2002
FFXIV - 2010

That ***isn't acceptable in 2010 son. Why do you think SE are in such big trouble with XIV currently?
[+]
By jmarkle 2011-01-29 19:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You're just saying the same thing over and over. No offense but I don't want to play WoW. If SE needs time to take in community feedback to provide us with something awesome, I'm fine with that. The game is practically free.

If you got the CE and paid the 80$ for it, and we get to play for free until May or the more likely, when the PS3 launch hits, then you got a free game, you'll probably be max level, and you'll be able to partake in all the new content between now and then.

If you're that utterly pessimistic about this game then why do you continue to play, why do you continue to post in the forums.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that the game is pretty unacceptable for the time being. If you're going to make points though, you have to at least make them valid, and until we're paying cash to play, you really can't do that.

I would be saying most of what you're implying if I had to pay any money for the game, but since I've played since closed beta, seen how bad the game COULD have been, and seen how far they came in the first 3 months (Oct-Dec) from where they were, I can firmly say that you have not by any means experienced the worst end of this game.

And once again, you're not paying for it, so why not just post feedback in the appropriate areas and try to actually do something about making the game better instead of sitting in this forum and just telling everyone they're wrong when it's solely a matter of opinion.

/endthread
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-29 20:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

jmarkle said:
You're just saying the same thing over and over. No offense but I don't want to play WoW. If SE needs time to take in community feedback to provide us with something awesome, I'm fine with that. The game is practically free.

If you got the CE and paid the 80$ for it, and we get to play for free until May or the more likely, when the PS3 launch hits, then you got a free game, you'll probably be max level, and you'll be able to partake in all the new content between now and then.

If you're that utterly pessimistic about this game then why do you continue to play, why do you continue to post in the forums.

Don't get me wrong. I agree that the game is pretty unacceptable for the time being. If you're going to make points though, you have to at least make them valid, and until we're paying cash to play, you really can't do that.

I would be saying most of what you're implying if I had to pay any money for the game, but since I've played since closed beta, seen how bad the game COULD have been, and seen how far they came in the first 3 months (Oct-Dec) from where they were, I can firmly say that you have not by any means experienced the worst end of this game.

And once again, you're not paying for it, so why not just post feedback in the appropriate areas and try to actually do something about making the game better instead of sitting in this forum and just telling everyone they're wrong when it's solely a matter of opinion.

/endthread

I do post feedback often. And the entire "You're not paying so you can't complain" argument is ***. I paid for the collectors edition and the game has severely disappointed from the get go. If there was a subscription fee NO-ONE would be playing the game, so they're not making the fee free for us in any way. It's a marketing tool.

In fact I doubt anyone would play with a subscription fee, so SE are losing hardly any money due to that, the only reason we're kept in the game is so that we can be beta testers. If you like XIV then fair enough, but stop trying to make out ANYTHING SE does is for us as consumers.

Oh and I doubt very much I'll be max level as the game is essentially unplayable at the moment.
[+]
By jmarkle 2011-01-29 20:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lolz k
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-29 21:03:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad you've seen the error of your ways.
[+]
By Canariya 2011-01-30 09:23:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Glad that you don't play much.
By Durzo 2011-01-30 16:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Long Live Conviction and my leader Inde.
Conviction IS the strongest LS on server!
WE ARE orgainized!
WE ARE team players!
WE adapt!
WE have fun!
WE ARE committed!

Conviction has shown nothing but kindness to me. And I look forward to enjoying many games with them. NO TROLL, NINJA or HATER can take this away from us. THIS IS CONVICTION.

www.congaming.com
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-30 21:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Canariya said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Glad that you don't play much.

So am I.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-30 21:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Durzo said:
WE ARE orgainized!
WE ARE team players!
WE adapt!
WE have fun!
WE ARE committed!

Conviction has shown nothing but kindness to me. And I look forward to enjoying many games with them. NO TROLL, NINJA or HATER can take this away from us. THIS IS CONVICTION.

www.congaming.com

Gay.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-30 22:13:01
Link | Quote | Reply

....why did I read 9 pages of crap? I think this website is melting my brain.
[+]
By Canariya 2011-01-31 00:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Durzo said:
WE ARE orgainized!
WE ARE team players!
WE adapt!
WE have fun!
WE ARE committed!

www.congaming.com

Gay.

You are just envious at people who enjoy playing the game with their friends and linkshells.
It must have sucked to be the only person left in your linkshell when you log into the game.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-31 09:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Canariya said:

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Durzo said:
WE ARE orgainized!
WE ARE team players!
WE adapt!
WE have fun!
WE ARE committed!

www.congaming.com

Gay.

You are just envious at people who enjoy playing the game with their friends and linkshells.
It must have sucked to be the only person left in your linkshell when you log into the game.

Nah. I don't need a Linkshell to have fun.

1 - 6 really good friends > an arrogant linkshell like Conviction.
[+]
By indecent 2011-01-31 14:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

By Shadou 2011-01-31 16:49:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, we havent hit 10 pages yet? we suck.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-31 17:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadou said:
Well to be fair the drama in here is nothing conpared to the Clinpachi thread.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-31 17:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Shadou said:
XI Siren.Clinpachi drama thread beat this thread down in like...half a day.
By indecent 2011-01-31 17:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Not surprising to see the same trolls in that thread as in this one....

this one isnt even really that bad..I wish I could link some of our more epic drama threads...beat all of these by far.

the Lotro alt f4 incident for one was a doozy where another guild decided to use a tactic on the end boss of the rift (balrog) where as soon as they got to the final phase they would have a lore master alt f4 out of the game keeping them in party able to load back in out of combat to rez and heal out of combat....and posted about how great they were until it was found out they used this tactic as a normal strat. good times.

the AoC recruitment boards was another doozy where a guy got so mad at us he threatened us irl and posted a pic of himself in his Army get up. good times.

Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-31 18:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

tf2 griefing is more amusing.
hell the act of griefing in and of itself is more funny when it's happening or is in teh video format rather than people talking about it.
otherwise /booooring.
By indecent 2011-02-01 02:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

tf2 griefing is pretty amazing...especially playing a sniper that only kills with bodyshots named...bodyshotz man they rage
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11