Just Wondering Is All..

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Just wondering is all..
Just wondering is all..
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-08-23 07:23:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I deal with the same ***on BLU, let the haters heat. I've seen some PUP outnuke blms on things like ZNM, but admittedly I haven't seen them in end-game situations... (Had one try to bring it to Ouryu and yeah.. that failed.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter 2010-08-23 07:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I do believe that PUP is a respectable DD by itself. I feel that it is capable of keeping up with "True DDs", or is even capable of surpassing them. It all depends on the individual.

The negative stigma on PUP goes both ways. Just play the job to the best of your ability. People need to stop being weak minded and lashing out when someone says lolpup. Most people say lolpup to get a response out of you. It's just so damn easy because someone is always guaranteed to get pissed off. In the end, who gives a ***anyways?

Btw, I'm not targeting you with my replies Gael. I'm just speaking in general.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 07:31:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I deal with the same ***on BLU, let the haters heat. I've seen some PUP outnuke blms on things like ZNM, but admittedly I haven't seen them in end-game situations... (Had one try to bring it to Ouryu and yeah.. that failed.
I've outnuked blms one rdm on Tinnin. Yes even with the same element and a Tier lower. Wish I had screenshotted that.

Instead I just have the ones of me on blm litterally doing more than 3 others combined consistently.

So yeah it can be hard to compare different jobs even in the same field since there can be so much variance just within that job.

Unless of course you math it out or get 2 pimped out people to duke it out
By Randomguy 2010-08-23 07:39:28
Link | Quote | Reply

You guys are forgetting one thing.

It takes a BLM automation about 1 minute to cast a nuke.

It takes a BLM less time to cast a nuke and rest the lost mp back, assuming that the BLM has a half decent hMP set.
[+]
 Ifrit.Zibo
Server: Ifrit
user: Marokko
By Ifrit.Zibo 2010-08-23 07:47:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Drg used to be the loljob, not it is just your turn is all.
By Randomguy 2010-08-23 07:51:39
Link | Quote | Reply

loldrg
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-23 07:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

@Randomguy : On normal mobs, i agree. On HNM/ZNM/VNM/abysseabadthings you are forgetting the enmity.

@Dasva : Dont need to SS to believe you lol you are one of the good mage who are in this forum...

Like Sketchzter said, it all depends on the individual ;)

@Zibo : I'm not sure that drg was in the same situation. Did you see a popular DD come in your pt and disband 2 sec after just because he saw a pup in the pt list ? w/o check the gear or the damages deal ? did you see any post in drg forum say something like "loldrg" from ppl who NEVER pt'd with a drg, just because it's fun to say it ? Did you see any drg posted his dmg/parse and other dd who refused to consider it ?

Again i'm not saying that pup is the best thing, but with 90% of ppl who say you that you are not a DD or a very very very bad one, i'm not surprised that many pup dont have half of the attachment they should have, or half of the gear they should have, "because after all, why spend gils in a job which is not a DD ?"
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-23 08:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Pup got a bad reputation because of 90% of all the puppetmasters out there suck.
And there's not alot of pups in total, so the good ones are well hidden and people never see their full potential.
[+]
By Randomguy 2010-08-23 08:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
@Randomguy : On normal mobs, i agree. On HNM/ZNM/VNM/abysseabadthings you are forgetting the enmity.

@Dasva : Dont need to SS to believe you lol you are one of the good mage who are in this forum...

Like Sketchzter said, it all depends on the individual ;)

@Zibo : I'm not sure that drg was in the same situation. Did you see a popular DD come in your pt and disband 2 sec after just because he saw a pup in the pt list ? w/o check the gear or the damages deal ? did you see any post in drg forum say something like "loldrg" from ppl who NEVER pt'd with a drg, just because it's fun to say it ? Did you see any drg posted his dmg/parse and other dd who refused to consider it ?

Again i'm not saying that pup is the best thing, but with 90% of ppl who say you that you are not a DD or a very very very bad one, i'm not surprised that many pup dont have half of the attachment they should have, or half of the gear they should have, "because after all, why spend gils in a job which is not a DD ?"
The problem is, I have partied with PUPs before, during exp parties and events.

I only know of 1 good PUP, but the rest are trash.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-23 08:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I didnt say that all pup were gods lol

Considering the number of pup 75+ on all server and the number of sam 75+, i'm sure there are more bad SAM that bad PUP, who will say lolSAM ?

I just don't understand why ppl associate the job with the person. Often, when you suck in 1 job, you suck in all jobs you have... xD
(assuming it's in the same category, like melee - melee, mage - mage)
[+]
By Randomguy 2010-08-23 08:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
I didnt say that all pup were gods lol

Considering the number of pup 75+ on all server and the number of sam 75+, i'm sure there are more bad SAM that bad PUP, who will say lolSAM ?

I just don't understand why ppl associate the job with the person. Often, when you suck in 1 job, you suck in all jobs you have... xD
(assuming it's in the same category, like melee - melee, mage - mage)
There are more bad SAMs than there are total PUPs.

But if you consider the ratio of Good:Bad on both jobs, PUP > SAM on that respect.

In other words, there are more bad PUPs vs Total PUPs than there are bad SAMs vs Total SAMs.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-23 08:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

lol true xD
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 08:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

This kinda reminds me I need to test out my new dmg stuff on blm. I still haven't casted a single nuke in my new awesome demon helm lol
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-08-23 08:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

TBH Pup is beast 1v1 with that war puppet... its no joke
 Fenrir.Tool
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-23 09:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Any job has amazing potential if you put enough time, patience, effort and gear into it.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-08-23 09:23:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:

It takes a BLM less time to cast a nuke and rest the lost mp back, assuming that the BLM has a half decent hMP set.

27 seconds, actually. If you have a Mana Booster attachment it's less. For example, mine will cast Thunder IV, then a few seconds later Blizzard IV, then Thunder again once the spell's cooldown period ends.

Oh, and with one dark maneuver up, its auto-refresh is 6 mp/tic with the mana tanks(up to 16 mp/tic with 3 dark maneuvers).

Not trying to fan the flames, just pointing that out.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 09:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the 1 min was referring to the having to wait so you can properly boost the spell and/or get all the mp back without overloading
By Randomguy 2010-08-23 09:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Randomguy said:

27 seconds, actually. If you have a Mana Booster attachment it's less. For example, mine will cast Thunder IV, then a few seconds later Blizzard IV, then Thunder again once the spell's cooldown period ends.

Oh, and with one dark maneuver up, its auto-refresh is 6 mp/tic with the mana tanks(up to 16 mp/tic with 3 dark maneuvers).

Not trying to fan the flames, just pointing that out.
But I thought the whole point of PUP nuking was Nuke/Deactivate/Activate/Buff/Nuke

You telling me that you can maintain all that without having 3 Ice Manus to get comparable damage to BLM in 27 seconds?
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-08-23 10:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You shouldn't compare different jobs to one another because they are completely different jobs.

Each job is unique and has it's strengths and weaknesses, and that's all there is to it.

Puppetmaster just so happens to be a hybrid job meaning they can do a bit of everything, but they don't excel at it, just like Red Mage.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-08-23 10:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

/raises his Poppet Klaws

LONG LIVE PUP!!!

/commands Drille to breakdance

I LOVE THIS JOB!
[+]
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-23 10:18:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume said:
You shouldn't compare different jobs to one another because they are completely different jobs. Each job is unique and has it's strengths and weaknesses, and that's all there is to it. Puppetmaster just so happens to be a hybrid job meaning they can do a bit of everything, but they don't excel at it, just like Red Mage.

...except RDM can enfeeble and refresh, and are one of only two main jobs that get haste and cure IV.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 10:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone can haste /whm ;)
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-23 10:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
You telling me that you can maintain all that without having 3 Ice Manus to get comparable damage to BLM in 27 seconds?

Yes, you can.

Actually if you have the Mana Booster, with 3 ice maneuver, you can nuke every 19 sec.

You will need a Condenser (attachment) and the correct gear to do a good burden (have more INT that the total INT you automaton will have when you do the maneuver, so for a taru : a errant body and a tamas ring... nothing more i guess) but with that way, you will have the same problem than blm : your enmity (automaton's enmity i mean). So you will need a tank.

I really think that it's better to DaD. If i want a normal nuke, i will come blm. As pup, i can do a big nuke w/o hate so i wont need a pld or something with a good enmity gear to keep the mob away from me.

But it's my way to use the blm automaton, maybe other think it's better to not DaD.

[+]
By Randomguy 2010-08-23 10:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Temeraire said:
You shouldn't compare different jobs to one another because they are completely different jobs. Each job is unique and has it's strengths and weaknesses, and that's all there is to it. Puppetmaster just so happens to be a hybrid job meaning they can do a bit of everything, but they don't excel at it, just like Red Mage.

...except RDM can enfeeble and refresh, and are one of only two main jobs that get haste and cure IV.
SCH can get Stone V and Cure IV. Does that make them the best nuker and healer at the same time?

....wait, PUP gets Stone V and Cure IV also.....
By Randomguy 2010-08-23 10:22:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
Quote:

Yes, you can.

Actually if you have the Mana Booster, with 3 ice maneuver, you can nuke every 19 sec.

You will need a Condenser (attachment) and the correct gear to do a good burden (have more INT that the total INT you automaton will have when you do the maneuver, so for a taru : a errant body and a tamas ring... nothing more i guess) but with that way, you will have the same problem than blm : your enmity (automaton's enmity i mean). So you will need a tank.

I really think that it's better to DaD. If i want a normal nuke, i will come blm. As pup, i can do a big nuke w/o hate so i wont need a pld or something with a good enmity gear to keep the mob away from me.

But it's my way to use the blm automaton, maybe other think it's better to not DaD.

That is the problem though.

There are certain mobs that you would rather have a BLM kill, or certain events where BLMs are more suited, because you don't have to wait for an AI to decide on when to nuke.

If you want mindless nukes, go ahead, stay PUP.

If you want mindful nukes and other enfeebles (hi2uGravity/Bind/Sleep) then go BLM.
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2010-08-23 10:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Randomguy said:
Siren.Temeraire said:
SCH can get Stone V and Cure IV. Does that make them the best nuker and healer at the same time? ....wait, PUP gets Stone V and Cure IV also.....

That whooshing sound you just heard that mussed your hair was the point I was trying to make.
 Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume
user: Jarbino
By Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume 2010-08-23 10:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Temeraire said:

And that's what makes Red Mage unique.

Red Mage also has Stone IV and Water IV, but does it mean it can do more damage than Black Mage? No.

Red Mage has Cure IV, but can it cure as potent as a White Mage? No.
 Alexander.Meowryu
Server: Alexander
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2010-08-23 10:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
That is the problem though. There are certain mobs that you would rather have a BLM kill, or certain events where BLMs are more suited, because you don't have to wait for an AI to decide on when to nuke. If you want mindless nukes, go ahead, stay PUP. If you want mindful nukes and other enfeebles (hi2uGravity/Bind/Sleep) then go BLM.

Just because it's the "blm frame" doesn't make it a black mage so you shouldn't be comparing it to a black mage. The most important difference between the two jobs (imo) is the lack of stun and sleepga. Although now i guess you could go pup/sch and manifestation sleep i suppose ;c?

The nukes aren't all too mindless either if you know how to control your pet. In any situation where I'm using Spiritreaver for nuking damage I find it best to x3 Ice Nuke -> deactivate. Then after I know I wont pull hate off whoever is tanking you can do 2 fully charged nukes a minute instead of one (deactivating after the second). So roughly ~20-30 seconds between each cast; e.g. 4000-4400 dmg a minute throughout the entirety of the fight.
By Randomguy 2010-08-23 10:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Meowryu said:
Quote:
That is the problem though. There are certain mobs that you would rather have a BLM kill, or certain events where BLMs are more suited, because you don't have to wait for an AI to decide on when to nuke. If you want mindless nukes, go ahead, stay PUP. If you want mindful nukes and other enfeebles (hi2uGravity/Bind/Sleep) then go BLM.

Just because it's the "blm frame" doesn't make it a black mage so you shouldn't be comparing it to a black mage. The most important difference between the two jobs (imo) is the lack of stun and sleepga. Although now i guess you could go pup/sch and manifestation sleep i suppose ;c?

The nukes aren't all too mindless either if you know how to control your pet. In any situation where I'm using Spiritreaver for nuking damage I find it best to x3 Ice Nuke -> deactivate. Then after I know I wont pull hate off whoever is tanking you can do 2 fully charged nukes a minute instead of one (deactivating after the second). So roughly ~20-30 seconds between each cast; e.g. 4000-4400 dmg a minute throughout the entirety of the fight.
You just said that BLM frame does not equal BLM.

But here ya are, comparing PUP to BLM...
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-23 10:53:34
Link | Quote | Reply

In term of damage, you can compare them, the winner will be the well geared/skilled, not a job over an other one.
(btw i see many ppl say this job > this job in term of magic dmg, but i never saw any parse to prove it, only spike dmg screen with for the most part a critical magic dmg or a special condition...)

But ya, it's stupid to compare this 2 jobs, since blm is not only a nuker.

(@Randomguy : how many time you changed your avatar today xD ?)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12