Just Wondering Is All..

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Just wondering is all..
Just wondering is all..
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12
 Cerberus.Billgoku
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Billgoku
By Cerberus.Billgoku 2010-08-23 04:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Who out there is tired of people downing this job? I know we aren't them big fancy sams or drks and what not, but I know quite a few darn good pups and we do our job very well. I for one can deal myself around 800 or so melee, and pumping my puppet up he can do around 1500 with a spell.

Again, who out there, that has "enjoyed" leveling this job, think its rather annoying to catch all the negative vibe? Just a show of hands, no flaming or what not.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-23 04:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, but get ready for a backlash.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 04:57:33
Link | Quote | Reply

lolpup
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
Server: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-08-23 04:57:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what it is with others but, my issue with most of the PUP population is the air of arrogance they carry with them. They think they can out DD every job in the game and become extremely butthurt when they're challenged to a parse and lose it, and continue to be snobby and rude about it.

Yeah, I realize, "I'm not like that" and "Some of us aren't like that", but the thing most people fail to understand is, "Most of you are like that." That's really all it takes is a handful of really bad people to ruin it for everyone else.

Take "Princess Bard" for example. Not every Bard in existence is like that, however; most are. Yes, that's an unfair assumption on other people, don't get me wrong. Both sides are at fault.

If you can play your job well, know the in's and out's of it, and deal some really respectable damage, good for you, really. PUP is quite a complex job, however; in saying that, realize that most people will jump on the chance to lolPUP at any given moment.
[+]
 Shiva.Khimaira
Server: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-08-23 05:00:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, PUP is like BLU. They feed off of the insults they get thrown at them, because they love being underestimated. But the fact is PUP has no real use, unlike BLU, theres not much special about it. Granted it's interesting, but it's a lot of work to do something that is only a slightly less effective mimic of what a player can do ASSUMING you know how to play your job, which unfortunately needs to be taken into account because many dont.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 05:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenophire said:
I'm not sure what it is with others but, my issue with most of the PUP population is the air of arrogance they carry with them. They think they can out DD every job in the game and become extremely butthurt when they're challenged to a parse and lose it, and continue to be snobby and rude about it.

Yeah, I realize, "I'm not like that" and "Some of us aren't like that", but the thing most people fail to understand is, "Most of you are like that." That's really all it takes is a handful of really bad people to ruin it for everyone else.
This a million times over. You can brag about your epenis. Or what your auto has done. Can you keep it up so you can back up in parse? Can you prove it?
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Server: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-23 05:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Khimaira said:

Yeah, PUP is like BLU. They feed off of the insults they get thrown at them, because they love being underestimated. But the fact is PUP has no real use, unlike BLU, theres not much special about it. Granted it's interesting, but it's a lot of work to do something that is only a slightly less effective mimic of what a player can do ASSUMING you know how to play your job, which unfortunately needs to be taken into account because many dont.

ummmm what? lol... I've seen 80 pup's blm auto do 1900+ per nuke (Stone V on Dea who is I believe Earth based) every minute sustained (with 1 pet buff like Drachen roll from a cor and their pet gear)...Thats "slightly less effective" than a blm? Can you show me a blm that can earth nuke Dea that consistently with wizard's roll? I mean every minute sustained as in not resting? Cuz pups can have unlimited mp if they aren't hit, which is easy to do when you kite and
deactivate nuke.

I have both blu and pup @80 and I highly disagree with ya mate..I respect your opinion, but I think you have those 2 jobs greatly misunderstood mate (or at the very least pup).

Edit: And yes I completely agree with the OP. I can bust out some really nice Stringing Pummels on pup, and APs and I"m not even fully merited on pup categories. And the aforementioned pup doing the 1900+ Stone V's wasn't me, was a buddy. I don't have a Tranquilizer as its like 1.6M on my server :(
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 05:20:35
Link | Quote | Reply

A blm probably wouldn't use stone V on dea. Actually assuming no resistance I think I'd do more with thunder IV anyways

Besides blm can recast alot more often. Factor in the time you are waiting and jaing and such into it. Yeah you aren't resting like the blm probably is but you do have wait times.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-23 05:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Pup's wait time is 1m only though...And I know most blms wouldn't use stone v, but its a puppet's highest spell. And a blm will have to eventually rest, no? So the 1m per spell averages out, I would think.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 05:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Pup's wait time is 1m only though...And I know most blms wouldn't use stone v, but its a puppet's highest spell. And a blm will have to eventually rest, no? So the 1m per spell averages out, I would think.
It might average out. If ya don't use /rdm or /sch jas or don't have outside (including sanction ones) refreshes. And your hmp set isn't that good.

But you have to do better than average out to do better ;).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-23 05:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
It might average out. If ya don't use /rdm or /sch jas or don't have outside (including sanction ones) refreshes. And your hmp set isn't that good.

But you have to do better than average out to do better ;).

Well Khim is saying less effective...I'm just not sure it is. I would say its on par, typically with that "main job" blm frame with blm, whm frame with whm..yada yada...Now I'm not saying my rng frame can hit 3k APs like a rng can slug/sidewinder, but the accuracy of my APs I think will balance out the dmg, since no matter how hard you try you're gonna be missing slugs/sidewinders on rng.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 05:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Though I will give pup this... if they get the -magic def h2h and can melee they can do a decent amount more than the blm unless he somehow melees and uses that staff or uses lol vidohunir. Neither are usually practical options for a blm and hardly anyone else seems interested in that augment.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-23 05:36:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure I don't miss AP that often, but I get your point mate.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 05:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Any decent rng shouldn't missed slugwinder more than 5% of the time. I mean it is the most accurate job in the game. I haven't looked into new mobs but I remember I could've capped racc on greater colibri at 75 with just merits and gun lol.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 05:47:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Any decent rng shouldn't missed slugwinder more than 5% of the time. I mean it is the most accurate job in the game. I haven't looked into new mobs but I remember I could've capped racc on greater colibri at 75 with just merits and gun lol.
Slugwinder caps at 90% accuracy though right? Detonator caps at 95% is why CORs use it for high evasion mobs as far as I remember.
I've only read up on it a little but from what I read 100% tp slugwinder is only like -40acc.

And well cors are already hurting in the racc department lol
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-23 05:47:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk...doesn't the description of slug/sidewinder say "Delivers an inaccurate attack." somewhere in there? (sorry for derail OP, but this is something I've wondered and it came up lol).
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 05:50:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I could go slugshot awhole bunch of mid lvl mobs and parse it.

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-08-23 05:52:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, didn't realize the time...yup. Time to hit the rack myself lol.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-08-23 06:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

On second thought it's really late or early depending on how you look at it and I don't really play much anymore other than getting gils and salvage
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-23 06:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont understand why ppl are so bad with pup, there are ppl bad geared/skilled in all other job and they dont say loljob...

I parsed my last dyna run (dunes), as soon we had subjob to see if i was a leech or not (cause after all, all pup think they are a good DD)

(My automaton is schatzi, i started with the rng one, but since hate was pulled from mage or rng, i lost 5 min to gear the war automaton)

setup : BLM = Anamay, Franzrobot, Manti, Yurameshi
WHM = Carnifax, Krumpet, Nari, Singaporean
BRD = Carnera (Gjallarhorn), Aena, Ocram, Tarstark
THF = Katzaz (Mandau), Reikyu, Corinthian, Ryp, Waine (Batardeau)
RNG = Remmi
PLD = Bberdock (aegis), Persimonious
RDM = Infection, Caridwen
WAR = Mysteri (Bravura), Tuvae, Supernovas
SAM = Eilee (Amanomurakumo), Ephraim (Amanomurakumo), Calta, Oneofthem (Amanomurakumo), Rellz
DRG = Pyroden (not sure it was him)
PUP = Me (automaton = Schatzi), Selka (automaton = pamama)

Like you can see, the top DD was a SAM with a Amanomurakumo (10.78%), then a sam w/o relic (10.32%), then me as pup (me + my auto = 7.45%).

So i pwnd SAMs with relic (and usukane), a WAR with a Bravura and THFs with Mandau/batardeau (w/o count the DD w/o relic) and i dont have an exceptional gear.

So lol pup ? And like i said i lost like 5 min to set my automaton.

Also this is the parse of the first hour (after we go sub) cause i d/c'd, so it's not the full run, but at start we walk a lot (Go to East beach, then to the tunel close to konshat, then to boss, before farm anything) so sam meditated and WS a lot more on this part. With the full run, i should have a lot more dmg (since we have camps after the boss).
Anyway we have a sample of 100+ mobs, so it's not a false data ;)

Here you can see the full file if you think i photoshoped something : http://achaab77.free.fr/ggg.sdf
(Kparser file)

You will say "ya but it wasnt MY sam", ok, but a sam with relic is a sam with relic...

Yesterday i was in abyssea (IT++ mobs) on lizard mob, close to the entrance of Abyssea - Konschtat, i did between 1.1 and 1.6k (1659 to be exact) per SP, with only 1 Minuet, and my rng automaton (20 ranged skill under the cap) did 1.7k on each WS

I wont that that pup is the best DD, but it is as good as an other DD...

------------------------------------
Quote:
But the fact is PUP has no real use

In fact, it's wrong. Ppl who have pup have almost always an other job. Our leader will always ask us to come in this other job for event...

So it's easy to say that pup dont have a real use, when you (leaders) dont let us show we can be usefull...
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Sketchzter 2010-08-23 06:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The bad thing about parses is that, for the most part, it just shows who was playing aggressively. Obviously better gear, merits, or buffs will allow you to reach higher limits, but parses alone shouldn't really be used as an example of how much better, or worse, PUP is related to other DD jobs.

As for situations where you use a BLM frame, unless you're actively meleeing the mob alongside your nuking automaton, you will never be able to dish out as much damage as an actual BLM can. It can nuke harder sometimes, but the amount of nukes it can do is severely limited compared to a BLM, or SCH even. Not only that, unless you have Economizer, your Automaton will start casting Aspir when getting below 75%MP.

Edit: Economizer helps out a lot at regaining lost MP regardless. What I meant to say is that if you're fighting a mob that can be aspir'd, your automaton's nuking abilities become further hindered, since it will be Aspiring when below 75%MP.

I don't know about you, but that's not even close to what a BLM can do. The Automaton falls further behind when you have to deactivate/reactivate to get back to full, since you have to wait at least a minute to begin using maneuvers again, otherwise you'll overload.

[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-08-23 06:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
*parse*

You're comparing a garbage job (in that scenario) to garbage players playing good jobs terribly. Solution: Play the good job (for that scenario), play it right and outperform relics of the respective job(s) themselves in a scenario such as that.

Here's a screenshot of the highest parsing participant you listed, before completing his relic, but the funny thing here is that this screenshot was only a month or two tops before he fully completed the weapon and made an abomination of which you see in the parse.

If you call that respectable, pardon my french, but you're out of your *** mind. Look at the guys' DOT:WS ratio for crying out loud.

I'm not trying to be a downer here about Puppetmaster, nor a boaster for Samurai, but the point is that if you're going to be making largely false claims (and you're completely aware of it): Expect to be corrected with the quickness.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-23 06:54:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ppl who said lolpup asked for a parse, i just give them. Their argument is to say that lolpup dont do dmg if you compare them to a "real" DD. This parse show it's wrong.

In the parse i posted, all DD had a brd (the relic brd was for the blm pt), and we didnt have any COR so all DD (except Supernova and ryp who didnt have brd) had the same buffs on them.

About blm automaton, it's true but not 100%. On NMs, BLM will have to manage their enmity, so they will nuke less, while an automaton can nuke from 100% to 0% of the mob's HP (unlike blm who can not nuke at start and who will have to stop nuke if it take hate).

But again i'm not saying that automaton > blm, mainly because i dont summarize blm to the nuke part (sleep/stun/ga-spell are really important for me)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-08-23 06:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
Ppl who said lolpup asked for a parse, i just give them. Their argument is to say that lolpup dont do dmg if you compare them to a "real" DD. This parse show it's wrong.

Are you Pchan's second character, or are you his brother?

Edit: bbl :|
[+]
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-23 07:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:

(i cut the quote to not have a too big reply)

The screen you have show nothing : It's old, for lev 75, and it's not because his has this gear 2 months ago that he still have it (even if the gear i see on his page scary me xD).
Myself i have macro which only equip a part of a gear, so if you check me after i used it, you will see me with a lol gear on me which is a mix of 2 macro.

To be honest, I didnt pay attention to the gear he had (exept that i didnt see any usu gear ouside him), but for that i remember he didnt have any askar gear, and he has a augmented amano. But still, he outdd SAM with relic/usukane (I dont this is THE best gear but it should be a lot better that the gear you show).

Anyway the point was that PUP can be as good as the other DD, far away to the idea that pup is so bad like everyone seems to think.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12