First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-16 20:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

hi

i cant spell for ***and decided to post how to hit consistent 1k dmg with your rng pup,up to 1400 dmg none consistent dmg.
the reason i decided to do this is because some person posted on the forums saying it cant be done because when you have fire manuvers up your pup will use Acuballista.
the said person hasnt a clue about pup.

ok 1st you will need to equip your pup with said attachements:

1) Inhibitor

2) Attuner

3) Tension Spring II

ok yes the half wit got it right by saying you cant get x3 fire manuvers up and use daze.

that is only true if you dont have an Inhibitor equipped which the person who thought he new every thing about pup didnt know.

ok get your pup to 100tp then retrieve him off the mob as fast as possible before some one in your party use's a weapon skill,if some one manages to get a ws off just as your pup hits 100tp he will try to skill chain with them if he can which we dont want.once your pup is at 100tp you will also need 100tp,once you hit 100tp start getting fire manuvers up(x3).

once you have done this try to make sure that no one will use a ws.deploy your pup then use One Inch Punch then your pup will use Daze with x3 fire manuvers up :) and bingo you got 1k dmg from daze,up to 400 dmg from skill chain(thats highest i hit)and what ever one inch punch do's...(also time this right because your pup is 98% chance of death from high hate lol)

hope this helps any one who wasnt aware of doing this.

i was /war and wasnt using an optic fibre as i havent aquired one yet and i dont have AF gloves to get extra damage output because i have been trying allday today to get 1 marid leather from ah to complete af quest.

i guess with optic fibre and af hands you can further the damge.

p.s would love to see some pic's of other's doing this with ah hands and optic fibre to see there dmg output :)

also sorry if i missed anything out like problems getting in your way doing this that sorta stuff...been a long day
 Fairy.Basilo
Server: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-08-16 20:16:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I started to frown after i saw "pull your auto off" and "one inch punch" I may be wrong sounds like ur sacrificing alot of dot from rng by making it stand idle to prevent it wsing till u can lolone inch punch. With full merit h2h and good ws build and meat at 55-58 lesser colibri raging fist should be doing 400-800dmg and yes my daze only ever did 500ish dmg I never bothered with what ur talking about nor did Tigerwoods. Not saying we're both right necessarily but just something for you to consider I dont have the math but seing big numbers on one ws isnt always best overall.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-16 20:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Basilo said:
I started to frown after i saw "pull your auto off" and "one inch punch" I may be wrong sounds like ur sacrificing alot of dot from rng by making it stand idle to prevent it wsing till u can lolone inch punch. With full merit h2h and good ws build and meat at 55-58 lesser colibri raging fist should be doing 400-800dmg and yes my daze only ever did 500ish dmg I never bothered with what ur talking about nor did Tigerwoods. Not saying we're both right necessarily but just something for you to consider I dont have the math but seing big numbers on one ws isnt always best overall.

once ive done the above i revert back to raging fists or howling fists while my pups burden deminish's and we both ws freely till i feel its safe to put up x3 fire one after another

also the dmg from the combo i posted about is close to half the birds HP in damage :)
 Hades.Silas
Server: Hades
user: Silas
By Hades.Silas 2010-08-16 20:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Very interesting- i was looking at my auto to see what other configurations i could use
Fire
-Tension Spring 1
-Inhibitor
-Attuner
-Flame Holder

by trading tension spring 2 for the flame holder (in addition to heatsink), would this cause more damage? About to enter Abyssea @ 73, ill post my findings
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-16 20:31:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not saying "lolpup" or anything, but even without making it stand around and sacrificing your own weapon skill to buff your automaton's, this is still less than an (admittedly average) RNG can do at the same level range.

This was my first WS at LV62 in a party on (Obviously) Colibri. And this was back when I was still amateurish at RNG, and was /NIN and dual-wielding daggers.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Renala
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Renala
By Midgardsormr.Renala 2010-08-16 20:57:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Silas said:
Very interesting- i was looking at my auto to see what other configurations i could use
Fire
-Tension Spring 1
-Inhibitor
-Attuner
-Flame Holder

by trading tension spring 2 for the flame holder (in addition to heatsink), would this cause more damage? About to enter Abyssea @ 73, ill post my findings

While the theory of testing that is right and all, Your still not going to have the same results. Your higher level is the main thing, meaning more skill level/attack. Also, I don't know much about abysea zones, but if your not fighting birds, the numbers would be thrown off as well.

Siren.Enternius said:
I'm not saying "lolpup" or anything, but even without making it stand around and sacrificing your own weapon skill to buff your automaton's, this is still less than an (admittedly average) RNG can do at the same level range.

This was my first WS at LV62 in a party on (Obviously) Colibri. And this was back when I was still amateurish at RNG, and was /NIN and dual-wielding daggers.

That... is kinda a pointless post. While its nice that your posting what a main job can do instead of a hybrid... is it really necessary? You say your not trying to 'lolpup' but I think you are ;x
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
Server: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-08-16 21:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

My pup Recently hit 58, I haven't done much experimenting with the job, and mainly ive solo'd it

How ever :P i'll have to try this out ^.^ get a higher lvl friend, an TP up, an Pewpew the bird :3

once i get around to doing it been on the game for like 6hr's this month =P
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-16 22:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Midgardsormr.Renala said:
That... is kinda a pointless post. While its nice that your posting what a main job can do instead of a hybrid... is it really necessary? You say your not trying to 'lolpup' but I think you are ;x
While I'm admittedly not a fan of PUP, most PUPs in general think they're better than everyone else just because they have two sources of damage. Just because they level an underrated job, they think they're suddenly better than everyone else.

If I wanted to show how much damage I could do on RNG, I would post this, and put any doubt to rest. I was only posting to say that 1400+ does not make you the king of DDs, and is not worth sacrificing both your WS and your automaton's DoT for.
[+]
 Alexander.Nepharite
Server: Alexander
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-08-16 22:43:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

While I'm admittedly not a fan of PUP, most PUPs in general think they're better than everyone else just because they have two sources of damage. Just because they level an underrated job, they think they're suddenly better than everyone else.

For some odd reason this is true for most pups I've met.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-16 22:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Nepharite said:
Siren.Enternius said:

it pisses me off when pups go "PUP does great damage, if yoou cant see that then your a noob" my respons is always "Great damage compared to what?" and their answer is always herpaderp. almost every DD job is better then pup in optimal gear situations(yes you pups can probably out DD that domaru sam.)
 Alexander.Meowryu
user: Meoryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2010-08-16 23:11:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Siren.Enternius said:
it pisses me off when pups go "PUP does great damage, if yoou cant see that then your a noob" my respons is always "Great damage compared to what?" and their answer is always herpaderp. almost every DD job is better then pup in optimal gear situations(yes you pups can probably out DD that domaru sam.)

^ most pups i see running around on our server... -_-

Of course same can be said for any poorly played job.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-08-16 23:12:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Meowryu said:
Siren.Enternius said:

^ most pups i see running around on our server... -_-

Of course same can be said for any poorly played job.

hey hey hey ive seen you!
 Alexander.Meowryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2010-08-16 23:17:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously we're on the same server ;P
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
Server: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2010-08-16 23:28:51
Link | Quote | Reply

they fixed flame holder on ranged attacks? I remember when it first came out, it was cutting my Daze down from 900 to only 400, everytime i used it. if it really does work on ranged attacks, im kind of scared to see how much Armor piecer does wirh it, since i was doing 1800 on imps without it. (Using Gekko to activate it, with 3 fires up)
 Alexander.Meowryu
By Alexander.Meowryu 2010-08-16 23:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried it once for shits and giggles, it was around 2.5/7k. Was a long time ago. Not worth it though, kills your dot.

Funny to go gekko -> AP -> darkness dead bird tho? i guess.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-17 06:22:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Midgardsormr.Renala said:
While I'm admittedly not a fan of PUP, most PUPs in general think they're better than everyone else just because they have two sources of damage. Just because they level an underrated job, they think they're suddenly better than everyone else. If I wanted to show how much damage I could do on RNG, I would post this, and put any doubt to rest. I was only posting to say that 1400+ does not make you the king of DDs, and is not worth sacrificing both your WS and your automaton's DoT for.

see here's the problem

me and my pup genraly get to 100tp at the same time,to get x3 fire manuvures up it takes 30 seconds,in the 30 seconds a pup would probably fire x3 bolt and melee a few times yes.

now the dot from those attacks only counts if they actualy hit.if it didnt miss your looking at about 400 dmg

where as the technique i posted above is very very consistent,i never missed once.

if i had an optic fibre and pup af gloves then daze will do 1200 dmg +400 from the skill chain which i got plus 170 from one inch puch.

thats 1770 dmg now i dont no about any one else but been able to do that with unlimited bolts on a toy ranger is nice.

im not saying its better than any job nor am i saying its the ultimate DD job thats other peoples opinions.

im saying for a a little doll with spindly legs and unlimited bolts its fun to do.

p.s the whole point of this thread was made is because some one said you can't get x3 fire manuvers up with out pup doing acuballista and i showed them how you can.

hope any pup reading this enjoy this info
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-17 06:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Silas said:
Very interesting- i was looking at my auto to see what other configurations i could use Fire -Tension Spring 1 -Inhibitor -Attuner -Flame Holder by trading tension spring 2 for the flame holder (in addition to heatsink), would this cause more damage? About to enter Abyssea @ 73, ill post my findings

i can only vouch for bird partys sorry bro not tried it in abbyssea yet :(

as to your setup there ive tried lots of setup's thinking the same as you and i couldnt seem to break 600 dmg.

it took me till last night to figure the right combo because the person who learnt me never really told me what attachments to use.

also for abbyssea i dont no bud you get armour peircer at 71 im only 69 so not had chance to use it but its supposed to pawn!.but you could always do what ive done and experiment :)
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-17 06:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Rinnsi said:
they fixed flame holder on ranged attacks? I remember when it first came out, it was cutting my Daze down from 900 to only 400, everytime i used it. if it really does work on ranged attacks, im kind of scared to see how much Armor piecer does wirh it, since i was doing 1800 on imps without it. (Using Gekko to activate it, with 3 fires up)

sorry i guess its still broke because i assumed flame holder was needed to do this but its never helped me get over 500dmg really so i swapped it for tension spring II and bam!

if you read my op i didnt add flame holder :(

bird partys onry tested
 Hades.Silas
Server: Hades
user: Silas
By Hades.Silas 2010-08-17 10:24:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Flame holder definitely gimped by Dazes---stick with tension spring 2

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-17 11:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Silas said:
Flame holder definitely gimped by Dazes---stick with tension spring 2

ah so it defo is Flame Holder that was stopping me get high dmg cheers.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-17 11:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Just a waste of time and potential damage.. Can we not have something that just makes everyone scream lolpup for once?

can we ***.

and how much potential damage are you expecting to get in 60 seconds because thats how long it takes pup to do x3 ranged attacks,30 seconds to get x3 fire manuvers up.

my pup was hitting for a max of 140 and 110 minimum ranged attack every 20 seconds and the odd double attack.

so add that up thats 330 minimun and 420 maximum every 60 seconds and the odd melee round.

and ive done a possible 1770 dmg in 30 seconds.

i cant see whats wrong with blasting a possible 1770 dmg every now and then when you and your pup both hit 100tp.
[+]
 Fenrir.Vazerus
Server: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-08-17 11:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

"Great damage compared to what?" and their answer is always herpaderp. almost every DD job is better then pup in optimal gear situations(yes you pups can probably out DD that domaru sam.)
My answer to that question used to be "better than yours", so I would show them the parse log. This was mostly in Abyssea and Limbus, though. I had a blast on proto-ultima :3.

I only took my pup to the meripo bird camp once, and it was the worst experience ever because two anon people were also pups... in full AF, though. /sigh.
 Odin.Spccdog
Server: Odin
user: spccdog
By Odin.Spccdog 2010-08-17 11:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lolpup
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
Server: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 11:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I like pup.. but everytime I see the AF or Relic I want to pop my eyes out with a tea spoon. Especially the body. >.>

Also, yeah it's a nice amount of damage, but if you can be doing more DoT in the amount of time it takes to set up, then you should do rather than spike damage. And not to piss on your bonfire, but a decently geared Polearm SAM, DRG and definately RNG can (And will) out DoT PUP at bird-camps, however PUP can hold it's own, especially since you can change roles so easily. I mean, hell. Rdm/rdm/whatever leaves pt and can't find a healer rep? Whm pup jumps out to help the whm screaming in distress as theirs no refresh. You get the point xD
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-17 11:42:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
I like pup.. but everytime I see the AF or Relic I want to pop my eyes out with a tea spoon. Especially the body. >.> Also, yeah it's a nice amount of damage, but if you can be doing more DoT in the amount of time it takes to set up, then you should do rather than spike damage. And not to piss on your bonfire, but a decently geared Polearm SAM, DRG and definately RNG can (And will) out DoT PUP at bird-camps, however PUP can hold it's own, especially since you can change roles so easily. I mean, hell. Rdm/rdm/whatever leaves pt and can't find a healer rep? Whm pup jumps out to help the whm screaming in distress as theirs no refresh. You get the point xD

well i agreed that real DD can out parse blah blah,but were are a habrid not a fully fleged DD.

like i said before how much damage do you think you can do in the 60 seconds it takes a rng pup to shoot x3 ranged attacks?(takes 30 seconds to setup to do the 1400+dmg)

and i know parsing is the best way to see who do's what on paper but in game if a leader see's me taking an IT bird down to half HP in one shot i say thats a good thing because its big damage that catch's the eyes of people ignorant to what a job can do not parse on paper.
my point is no ok we add our total damage up and we not sam's but the xp leaders dont sit there and count damage either.

i say 1st impressions last for ever.
its pup awareness day!
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-17 11:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Superdan said:
I like pup.. but everytime I see the AF or Relic I want to pop my eyes out with a tea spoon. Especially the body. >.> Also, yeah it's a nice amount of damage, but if you can be doing more DoT in the amount of time it takes to set up, then you should do rather than spike damage. And not to piss on your bonfire, but a decently geared Polearm SAM, DRG and definately RNG can (And will) out DoT PUP at bird-camps, however PUP can hold it's own, especially since you can change roles so easily. I mean, hell. Rdm/rdm/whatever leaves pt and can't find a healer rep? Whm pup jumps out to help the whm screaming in distress as theirs no refresh. You get the point xD

totaly agree with the George Micheal Af looking gear tho lol
 Cerberus.Dirkoni
Server: Cerberus
user: dirkoni
By Cerberus.Dirkoni 2010-08-17 11:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ronson said:

...(also time this right because your pup is 98% chance of death from high hate lol)
You're missing out on a main advantage of using Daze.. it Stuns the target. Your auto will be at 0 tp anyway.. soon as daze hits, DaD and you got some nice, hateless damage.

Siren.Enternius said:

I can't speak for everyone, (and I don't normally post anything here) I personally, don't think PUPs are "better" then anyone else.. I know a Ranger can kill me at DD.. or a BLM.. or whatever.. I think, in my case (because of my friend.. constantly making fun of me.. solely because I like playing PUP) I just try to be "accepted"... Not just being made fun of, because of the silly clothes I wear.. haha So what might come across as "bragging" might just be a cry for "acceptance" (Maybe.. I'm sure some people are just trying to "brag", and DO think they are "Better then everyone else") I don't think the OP was trying to brag, tho.. just share what they have done.. Not saying if it's worth doing in a party or not, but that's still some good damage, for the level.
 Shiva.Borealis
Server: Shiva
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-17 11:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

lolPUP
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-17 12:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Dirkoni said:
Carbuncle.Ronson said:
...(also time this right because your pup is 98% chance of death from high hate lol)
You're missing out on a main advantage of using Daze.. it Stuns the target. Your auto will be at 0 tp anyway.. soon as daze hits, DaD and you got some nice, hateless damage.
Siren.Enternius said:
I can't speak for everyone, (and I don't normally post anything here) I personally, don't think PUPs are "better" then anyone else.. I know a Ranger can kill me at DD.. or a BLM.. or whatever.. I think, in my case (because of my friend.. constantly making fun of me.. solely because I like playing PUP) I just try to be "accepted"... Not just being made fun of, because of the silly clothes I wear.. haha So what might come across as "bragging" might just be a cry for "acceptance" (Maybe.. I'm sure some people are just trying to "brag", and DO think they are "Better then everyone else") I don't think the OP was trying to brag, tho.. just share what they have done.. Not saying if it's worth doing in a party or not, but that's still some good damage, for the level.

yeah i totaly agree tho im not the best at DaD lol..i tend not do it after doing so much damage because im scared ill loose him for 20 mins(ya no birds with there double attach crap).i tend to do this high damage when the mob is under half HP and hate if spread out :).

but if i know my timer is up i send the lamb to the slaughter then reactivate instantly :)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7