1400+ Daze damage in level 62+ bird party
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Suljin
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Suljin175
By Leviathan.Suljin 2010-08-18 04:30:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh god, pls just . . . no! For the most part you should never pull your auto off the mob for reasons like this. The inhibiter is such a horrible piece, never use it in a pt, thats just /fail. Its basically just a piece to use when solo or duo and for fun. Also why would you ever want to do so much dmg when you cant even RR or vent.

Edit: this has been known for at least 2 yrs now, not sure why you think its new information to pups.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-18 05:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Suljin said:
Oh god, pls just . . . no! For the most part you should never pull your auto off the mob for reasons like this. The inhibiter is such a horrible piece, never use it in a pt, thats just /fail. Its basically just a piece to use when solo or duo and for fun. Also why would you ever want to do so much dmg when you cant even RR or vent. Edit: this has been known for at least 2 yrs now, not sure why you think its new information to pups.

you cant role reversale or ventrilauqy at level 62 bird partys for you fail.

1770 DAMGE in 30 seconds!.

please kill me

any person in there right mind is gonan do that skill chain if it kicks the *** out of the mob in one shot and all they had to do is hold there pup back for 30 seconds..in 30 seconds your pup aint doing over 1770 damage in melee and ranged attacks >.> lmao

the only reason you think the inhitbitor is usless is because you personaly dont no its full potential lol.

alot of the time ranger pup pulls hate yes?

hold him back for 30 seconds to setup,when mob is under half HP nighty night bird because its dead.(if not dam close)

up to 1770 damage on a bird that has 4k HP tops is not a *** horrible crap usless attachement.

pffft
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-18 05:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Suljin said:
Oh god, pls just . . . no! For the most part you should never pull your auto off the mob for reasons like this. The inhibiter is such a horrible piece, never use it in a pt, thats just /fail. Its basically just a piece to use when solo or duo and for fun. Also why would you ever want to do so much dmg when you cant even RR or vent. Edit: this has been known for at least 2 yrs now, not sure why you think its new information to pups.

solo or fun what thr ***.

ill tell ya whats fun shall i.

me smoking the IT colabri and people in party saying "WTFPUP" instead of lolpup.

this=fun to me
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-18 05:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Suljin said:

birds weak to piercing

ranger pup damage is peirceing

Capitalise on that,push your job to the limit,pawn ***!

dont come here telling me a part made for pup that is very usefull on birds is totaly not used or need.

just because you want to be below average on your job dont mean others have to be
 Bismarck.Gael
Server: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-18 05:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

No.

Inhitbitor is fake good attachment (with war/rng automaton). Yes you can do a nice spike damage, but your overall dmg will be a lot better w/o it.

And it's wrong, you wont do 1.7k every 30 sec, you need to store tp and then you will need 30 sec to have 3 Fire Maneuvers (well 20 sec if you tp with 1 Fire Maneuver)

You also need a SC partner, that mean you will need to wait him so you will Retrieve and lost a lot of dmg, w/o count the fact that if an other guy do a WS, your auto can do a lolArcuballista.

You can ask to the pt to hold ws to be sure to have a Daze (in case we are still @ lev 62), but you will kill the overall pt dmg...

Learn the job before give "lesson" to ppl who know it better than you.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-18 06:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
No. Inhitbitor is fake good attachment (with war/rng automaton). Yes you can do a nice spike damage, but your overall dmg will be a lot better w/o it. And it's wrong, you wont do 1.7k every 30 sec, you need to store tp and then you will need 30 sec to have 3 Fire Maneuvers (well 20 sec if you tp with 1 Fire Maneuver) You also need a SC partner, that mean you will need to wait him so you will Retrieve and lost a lot of dmg, w/o count the fact that if an other guy do a WS, your auto can do a Arcuballista. You can ask to the pt to hold ws to be sure to have a Daze (in case we are still @ lev 62), but you will kill the overall pt dmg... Learn the job before give "lesson" to ppl who know it better than you.

lol you dont read well do you.

ok you hit 100tp your pet hits 100tp then you spends 30 seconds grtting x3 fire up then go and bang skill chain done.

you dont need a skill chain partner fool you are the skill chain partner.

once you have done this tiny 30 seconds solo skill chain you carry on with your better higher damage weapon skill and let pup weapon skill freely with daze as most weapons skills other jobs use at level 62 make pup do daze.

at no point have i said that you do 1770 every 30 seconds beacuse pup cant gain tp that fast or not overload from from abuse.

im SAYING you can do 1770 damage at will,when you choose.

and ill say it again,in the 60 seconds it takes a ranger pup to do x3 ranged attacks it isnt NOT going to be doting at 1770damage.

once i pull this chain off i carry on with ranger attacking and i weapon skill letting the burden from the x3 fire manuvers that are up disipate.there for this is making me do more damage out put,not less as you say "you'll lower you damage and the party will suffer" is incorrect

its not spike damage lol.im adding more damge in 30 seconds than you can just leaving your pup meleeing and doing ranged attacks.

it takes 30 seconds to do this damage like every 2-3 mobs(thats just when i feel like doing it)

ow and by the way i learnt my job very well,how do you think i new how to do this damage.i can say not evey pup new this,trust me!
do it on one mob,kill 1-2 more mobs do it again.in that time i have still used weaponskills you no and my pup has still used his weaponskill daze lol
By kairyu 2010-08-18 06:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really post in these forums much, but...
Bismarck.Gael said:
No. Inhitbitor is fake good attachment (with war/rng automaton). Yes you can do a nice spike damage, but your overall dmg will be a lot better w/o it. And it's wrong, you wont do 1.7k every 30 sec, you need to store tp and then you will need 30 sec to have 3 Fire Maneuvers (well 20 sec if you tp with 1 Fire Maneuver) You also need a SC partner, that mean you will need to wait him so you will Retrieve and lost a lot of dmg, w/o count the fact that if an other guy do a WS, your auto can do a Arcuballista. You can ask to the pt to hold ws to be sure to have a Daze (in case we are still @ lev 62), but you will kill the overall pt dmg... Learn the job before give "lesson" to ppl who know it better than you.

Okay, let me firstly say that if you TP with one Fire maneuver that it will only take you 10 seconds to put up 2 more, not 20 as there's no delay between you using it initially (Unless you've used your previous Fire maneuver within the last 10 seconds, then it would obviously take somewhere between 10-19 seconds to get them up). For that reason as well it would only take you 20 seconds, not 30 to get up 3 Fire maneuvers.

Also, who says you have to wait till you get to 100% TP to start putting up your Fire maneuvers? Back when I leveled PUP I'd start rotating them in at about 70% TP IIRC, and I'd get them up when my puppet gets to about 100% usually.

As far as the skillchain thing goes, thats probably the main thing that has a chance at inhibiting this approach obviously. That was one of the main debates back in the day anyways. (One quick thing to note though, IIRC Daze will force after Penta Thrust, which can help reduce your DoT loss by not having to constantly use Spinning Attack/One Inch Punch). Then again its essentially the same thing a SAM or BLU will have to worry about trying to self skillchain, and they seem to pull it off pretty fine most of the time (Albeit not all the time, but still).

Survivability shouldn't be too much of an issue either, just put up a Light maneuver folloed by a Wind maneuver with Flashbulb and the Replicator if you think your auto will get punted after your WS/SC. The stun from Daze + Flash + Blink and a repair will undoubtedly keep your auto alive long enough for the mob to die.

At the end of the day, all it really comes down to is if you doing a solo WS + your auto doing a solo WS can account for as much as/more damage as doing the SC method. Now things have changed alot since I last played, but back then I don't think it did really, and to be fair if your in a party with a polearm user or a DRK or something theres even less reason to not at least consider the SC route because you wouldn't have to cut your own DoT so much, especially if you and your other party members can get a good rhythm going.

In heinsight, obviously theres drawbacks to using the SC method for damage but at least a couple of years ago it would yield more overall damage than solo WSing if urdoinitrite.

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text!
[+]
By kairyu 2010-08-18 06:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

One more thing I'd like to point out is that not all PUPs know about that for a source of spike dmg. Alot of people would assume that the Flame Holder would boost Daze's damage more than a Tension Spring II (I know I did initially), but not realise that Flame Holder wipes your Fire Maneuvers before the Tension Springs can be taken into account.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-18 07:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
ok you hit 100tp your pet hits 100tp then you spends 30 seconds grtting x3 fire up then go and bang skill chain done.

And it's ok for you ? you lost 30 sec of tp so you lost a ton of dmg (for you and your automaton)

While you are building your maneuvers, your automaton stop to melee to prevent a sc with an other guy or to be sure if will not ws w/o the 3 fire maneuvers.

Your job is to be the best possible DD... not to be a lolpup, cause sorry but if you count only on spike dmg, you are a lolpup.

Quote:

Same thing. At this level you almost dont have many haste options and your automaton should be at 15% of haste minimum + 10% of DA minimum + a capped acc = tp faster than you.

And you can still not control the ws of others ppl

Quote:
and ill say it again,in the 60 seconds it takes a ranger pup to do x3 ranged attacks it isnt NOT going to be doting at 1770damage.

Wrong cause it will not just do a ranged att, it will melee too AND store tp. How many tp it got in this 60 sec ? probably enough to a WS, or almost. An extra WS + tp dmg > the boost of the inibitor.
There is a reason to say you to not use it, it's not because we "personaly dont no its full potential", its the opposite. We tested it, parsed with and without, and see how much it was bad.

And well in this 1.7K Dmg there are the dmg from the master (lolinch puch) and the sc. You should do a lot more dmg with Raging Fists/Daze (with 1 fire to boost the flame holder) as soon it is up
Quote:
ow and by the way i learnt my job very well,how do you think i new how to do this damage.i can say not evey pup new this,trust me!

Really ? So parse you 2-3 h, then remove the inibitor and parse you again for the same, you will see if you know the job...
[+]
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-18 07:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Okay, let me firstly say that if you TP with one Fire maneuver that it will only take you 10 seconds to put up 2 more, not 20 as there's no delay between you using it initially (Unless you've used your previous Fire maneuver within the last 10 seconds, then it would obviously take somewhere between 10-19 seconds to get them up). For that reason as well it would only take you 20 seconds, not 30 to get up 3 Fire maneuvers.

you are right, i took the 30 sec cause that was the number that Ronson said ;)
Quote:
Also, who says you have to wait till you get to 100% TP to start putting up your Fire maneuvers? Back when I leveled PUP I'd start rotating them in at about 70% TP IIRC, and I'd get them up when my puppet gets to about 100% usually.

I agree, but if Ronson said he needed 30 sec, that necessary means that he start to do it after he has 100 tp.

Quote:
Then again its essentially the same thing a SAM or BLU will have to worry about trying to self skillchain, and they seem to pull it off pretty fine most of the time (Albeit not all the time, but still).

Blu will do a self SC as soon they have 100 tp, SAM will maybe wait more but they got TP a lot more faster than a PUP. You can not really compare them with PUP
Quote:
Survivability shouldn't be too much of an issue either, just put up a Light maneuver folloed by a Wind maneuver with Flashbulb and the Replicator if you think your auto will get punted after your WS/SC. The stun from Daze + Flash + Blink and a repair will undoubtedly keep your auto alive long enough for the mob to die.

I had a better result with Schurzen + Stealth Screen ^^
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-18 07:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So you can have a PUP do 1400, or a RNG do 2000+. I know which I'd rather!
[+]
By kairyu 2010-08-18 07:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
Kairyu said:
I had a better result with Schurzen + Stealth Screen ^^

I've also heard people say good things about Smoke Screen as well. Never really tried it though.
Lakshmi.Aeyela said:
So you can have a PUP do 1400, or a RNG do 2000+. I know which I'd rather!

There will always be an optimum job in a given scenario (Not that I'm saying its RNG in this case), so by default every other job in the game is utterly obsilete. Amirite?
 Seraph.Rof
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Rof 2010-08-18 07:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Of course you always have a rng who is seeking when you start a PT. Thanks for this usefull reply Aeyela, you should post the same in all no rng forum.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-18 07:33:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rof said:
Of course you always have a rng who is seeking when you start a PT. Thanks for this usefull reply Aeyela, you should post the same in all no rng forum.
And your post is so much more useful, right?
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-08-18 07:37:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Earth and Wind manuevers for SS and shadows if any of you are going to attempt this.

As for the rest of us who know better, hitting 1400+ dmg might be cool, but its not worth screwing the hate up and messing up the party.
By kairyu 2010-08-18 07:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Earth and Wind manuevers for SS and shadows if any of you are going to attempt this. As for the rest of us who know better, hitting 1400+ dmg might be cool, but its not worth screwing the hate up and messing up the party.

I'm not a fan of the Shock Absorber after like lvl 30, past that it can barely absorb one hit.

And anyone who Daze's at the start of a fight should be prepared to die, unless you know your other party members have TP.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-08-18 07:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Drille usually uses Daze mid-way during the fight, I can sorta sense it coming and use the needed manuevers.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-18 07:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't really like stoneskin for automaton, only 100 HP absorbed and 3 min recast (unlike the 2 attachments i said which will be always active with or w/o a manuever for the Stealth Screen).

I dont like the blink too, even if you can have up to 4 shadows, its a bit random.

The Smoke Screen seems not too bad for the evasion part ("it appears to be stronger than the accelerators") but it seems to be always active, so you lost many acc even if you dont have any dark manuever up.
But it's in theory, its one of attchament we have that i never tested in PT
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-08-18 07:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, between SS, Armor Plate, shadows, and Flash/Regen, my automaton usually lives after hitting a Lolibri with Daze.
By kairyu 2010-08-18 07:54:48
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be cool if someone could run some definitive parses on the lower/higher lolibri range with and without the inhibitor to get a better gauge of where your damage output would be better. Personally I'd imagine after you get Howling Fist it would most definately start leaning towards so WSing.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-18 07:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have so many defensive attachment, it's because (i guess) you miss other offensive (idk if we can say that in english) attachments, when you will have it, you will have room for 1-2 defensive attachment max ^^
[+]
By kairyu 2010-08-18 07:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Solo WSing* even
By kairyu 2010-08-18 08:01:35
Link | Quote | Reply

IIRC I used something along these lines:

Scope
Replicator
Turbo Charger
Stealth Screen
Condenser
Tension Spring II
Attuner
Inhibitor
Optic Fiber
Flashbulb
Target Maker
Stabilizer II

Bearing in mind this was before Coiler as well.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-08-18 08:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
If you have so many defensive attachment, it's because (i guess) you miss other offensive (idk if we can say that in english) attachments, when you will have it, you will have room for 1-2 defensive attachment max ^^
with my RNG frame, I focus more on DEF, EVA, and ACC, it does have Tension Springs and Flame Holder. But hey, Im poor, so I cant really get the more expensive attachments yet lol
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-18 09:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gael said:
Quote:
And it's ok for you ? you lost 30 sec of tp so you lost a ton of dmg (for you and your automaton) While you are building your maneuvers, your automaton stop to melee to prevent a sc with an other guy or to be sure if will not ws w/o the 3 fire maneuvers. Your job is to be the best possible DD... not to be a lolpup, cause sorry but if you count only on spike dmg, you are a lolpup.
Quote:
Same thing. At this level you almost dont have many haste options and your automaton should be at 15% of haste minimum + 10% of DA minimum + a capped acc = tp faster than you. And you can still not control the ws of others ppl
Quote:
Wrong cause it will not just do a ranged att, it will melee too AND store tp. How many tp it got in this 60 sec ? probably enough to a WS, or almost. An extra WS + tp dmg > the boost of the inibitor. There is a reason to say you to not use it, it's not because we "personaly dont no its full potential", its the opposite. We tested it, parsed with and without, and see how much it was bad. And well in this 1.7K Dmg there are the dmg from the master (lolinch puch) and the sc. You should do a lot more dmg with Raging Fists/Daze (with 1 fire to boost the flame holder) as soon it is up
Quote:
Really ? So parse you 2-3 h, then remove the inibitor and parse you again for the same, you will see if you know the job...

daze 500+ top's and raging fist 600+=1.1k.(talking up and coming pups with no end game gear no full h2h merits,just a plain pup lvling to 75)

i dont think you read correct when i say do this every now and then not every weapons skill.

well yeah der it is lolone inch punch lol.(200 dmg tops)
but the main focus isnt your weapon skill its the pups when doing this his 1200 dmg ws your 200 dmg ws and the 400 dmg skill chain >.>

pup ranger cannot do a ton(ton equaling 1770 damge) of damage with melee and ranged attacks in 30 seconds(30 seconds becasue i like to spam fire 1,2,3).

and as the poster who said it takes even less time if you do fire manys early thats less time for your TON of damage melee and ranged

Bismarck.Gael said:How many tp it got in this 60 sec ?

try 30 seconds and less.

look there all valid points every one has said,but by no means do's this make me lesser at my job and do less damage.

ok pretend i have x3 manuvers up before pup hits 85tp and i have just hit 100tp

how much damage can i loose in 15tp lol?

15tp later bam 1770dmg.
 Carbuncle.Ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-18 09:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

ranger pup dont get buffs >.>

ranger pups are hybrids.

its like comparing a blm to a whm on healing power!

guess who heals the best?
 Seraph.Rof
Server: Seraph
By Seraph.Rof 2010-08-18 09:58:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess the point is that you will do more dmg over time that a big WS.

Of course 1.1k is inferior to 1.7 k but over time you will do more 1.1K WS than 1.7 k (and you count 400 dmg from the sc if i understand well but you can only SC with other members, and your automaton too so it's not compare 1.1k to 1.7k in fact, but a bit less)

Carbuncle.Ronson said:
ranger pup dont get buffs >.>

ranger pups are hybrids.

its like comparing a blm to a whm on healing power!

guess who heals the best?

I dont understand why you are saying this
 Odin.Ravax
Server: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2010-08-18 10:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

This strategy is actually aimed at 50s level exp. If people can't appreciate that kind of damage at that level and still find a way to mock it, they're just part of the bandwagon without evaluation. Hating on pup is popular.

At 75 and above, this strategy can be carried out with Stringing Pummel instead. That turns a 100-200 + 1200 +SC into 500-1000 + 1200 + Fusion SC. It's worth doing when the elements come together.

I think the reason Pups come off as "I'm the ***" to people is that the job was definitely broken when it was introduced. I was always interested in the job but the H2H was far too lacking to make it worth playing with. With the boost, the job is damn well fixed. I was in an abyssea party the other day outdamaging a Drk, Warrior and Blus with just my melee, not counting the puppet and still people in the party were making cracks about how pup was weak. It pisses us off to play a job that takes concentration and skill, outperform other "accepted" DD roles and still be the brunt of jokes at every turn.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2010-08-18 10:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rof said:
I guess the point is that you will do more dmg over time that a big WS

This.

You are comparing 2 instants dmg while i say you to compare 2 overall dmg. Until you understand this thing, i wont argue any more.

Parse your Dmg with and without the inhibitor and you will see that you dont have the best way to deal dmg (as pup, with this frame)

(Why lev 75 and not 80 btw ?)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7