See You!

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Phoenix » See you!
See you!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-21 21:25:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason the PC versions of Halo and Halo 2 had low scores is because they were released two years after the originals. Even if it's just a port, a two year old game is still a two year old game.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 21:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
The thing is.
TF2 got what rating like 90 something right?
halo got an accumulative rating over several games.
what's the rating for, lets say just halo as samuraiking had mentioned.
i will find out in a moment.
Halo got a 97, check and mate.

Which Halo? Some Halo games have had inferior scores, some have had superior scores.

Halo on the PC for example (seeing as Samurai said he uses it) had a score of 83. Halo 2 had a score of 72.
Why the hell would you play halo on the pc?
TF2, which system was more popularly played?
PC
Halo=console game, you can make your little "lolconsole" remarks, but really if i want lets see what tf2 got on 360...oh wait you can't because it's lumped along with a hunk of gold on the console.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:28:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
So a stickman flash fighting game that is literally terrible in all aspects, with a player base of 2 isn't bad?

Also, where is data to back up KBM players ARE in fact, better than ANY controller player? I'd like to know how this research was done.

So every Final Fantasy bar VII was bad because VII has the larger fanbase? (Note: Not less successful. Bad.)

With your left hand in the w-s-a-d position, there are more than 20 keys (excluding w, s, a, d) within the reach of your finger, and those keys can be mapped to various functions.

So someone with the exact same reactions will have more choices and therefore the KB&M is a superior control scheme.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 21:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
So a stickman flash fighting game that is literally terrible in all aspects, with a player base of 2 isn't bad?

Also, where is data to back up KBM players ARE in fact, better than ANY controller player? I'd like to know how this research was done.

So every Final Fantasy bar VII was bad because VII has the larger fanbase?

With your left hand in the w-s-a-d position, there are more than 20 keys (excluding w, s, a, d) within the reach of your finger, and those keys can be mapped to various functions.

So someone with the exact same reactions will have more choices and therefore the KB&M is a superior control scheme.
You get a lot better at using the same buttons continuously on console.
I use both :D
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-21 21:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Plus mouse goes where you want it to go whereas Thumbsticks are more of a suggestion. Whether or not it affects every situation, there's a wait time required in moving the thumbsticks, whereas with a Mouse you can look exactly where you want, exactly when you want.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
The thing is.

Which Halo? Some Halo games have had inferior scores, some have had superior scores.

Halo on the PC for example (seeing as Samurai said he uses it) had a score of 83. Halo 2 had a score of 72.
PC
Halo=console game, you can make your little "lolconsole" remarks, but really if i want lets see what tf2 got on 360...oh wait you can't because it's lumped along with a hunk of gold on the console.

I don't say Lolconsole. Halo is a very solid single player game, that doesn't automatically make it the most balanced, most fun FPS out there simply because it has a larger fan-base.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I completed Halo 1 and Halo 2 on the PC. I'm not a fan of a controller for an FPS.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 21:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:
Plus mouse goes where you want it to go whereas Thumbsticks are more of a suggestion. Whether or not it affects every situation, there's a wait time required in moving the thumbsticks, whereas with a Mouse you can look exactly where you want, exactly when you want.

My thumbstick goes exactly where I want it to go... idk why yall have such problems, it's prolly lack of eye-hand coordination. Which would mean you should stick to KBM, you aren't very good with controllers. Still nothing either of you have said proves KBM superiority, just preference.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 21:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
The thing is.

PC

I don't say Lolconsole. Halo is a very solid single player game, that doesn't automatically make it the most balanced, most fun FPS out there simply because it has a larger fan-base.
ok, got me on that one you didn't say lolconsole but you did say lolcontroller or something like that hey about 5+ times in this thread.
I'm just saying ya gotta start using better catchphrases than that, i know you can too, internet talk only goes so far.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

My thumbstick goes exactly where I want it to go... idk why yall have such problems, it's prolly lack of eye-hand coordination. Which would mean you should stick to KBM, you aren't very good with controllers. Still nothing either of you have said proves KBM superiority, just preference.

More control options with the left and right hand. Therefore more can be done at once.

Therefore if you had two people with the exact same reactions using both control schemes KB&M user would be able to do more simultaneous actions and therefore be more efficient.

Let's just say you're using both control schemes.

Controller

Right thumb on analog
Left thumb on analog
Ring fingers on triggers
Index fingers on shoulders

You'd have to move your right thumb from the analog to use A, B, X or Y. In that split second you're losing control over the the camera.

It may be only for a split second, but in a pro match that is enough time to get killed.

KB&M

Right index on left mouse click
Right middle finger on middle mouse click
Right ring finger on right mouse click
Right thumbs on mouse macro buttons (if you happen to have them)

Left middle finger on W/S
Left index finger on D/R
Left ring finger on A/Q
Left little finger on CTRL/SHIFT
Left thumb on SPACEBAR

In most FPS games you have maximum control over every action there.

W for forward
S for backward
A for Left
D for Right
Shift for spring or alt abilities
CTRL for crouch
Space for jump
R for reload
Q for quickswitch

Left click for fire
Middle click for melee
Right click for alt fire
Mouse macros for what-ever weapon you want, or any ability you want.

Simply put you have greater control over the game with a KB&M at any one time than you do with a controller.

Don't get me wrong there are some incredible controller users out there, but a keyboard and mouse is simply more efficient.

Of course all of these can be mapped to a different action also, so you can really find the ultimate control scheme for yourself.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 21:51:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:

More control options with the left and right hand. Therefore more can be done at once.

Therefore if you had two people with the exact same reactions using both control schemes KB&M user would be able to do more simultaneous actions and therefore be more efficient.

Controller

Right thumb on analog
Left thumb on analog
Ring fingers on triggers

You'd have to move your right thumb from the analog to use A, B, X or Y. In that split second you're losing control over the the camera.

It may be only for a split second, but in a pro match that is enough time to get killed.

KB&M

Left index finger on D/R
Left ring finger on A/Q
Left thumb on SPACEBAR

W for forward
S for backward
A for Left
D for Right
CTRL for crouch
Space for jump
R for reload
Q for quickswitch

Left click for fire
Middle click for melee
Right click for alt fire

Simply put you have greater control over the game with a KB&M at any one time than you do with a controller.

Don't get me wrong there are some incredible controller users out there, but a keyboard and mouse is simply more efficient.

Of course all of these can be mapped to a different action also, so you can really find the ultimate control scheme for yourself.

I'm actually going to go duo bst now so I'ma just take my victory here, you made a long *** response~

Thanks for playing.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 21:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Weren't you kind of doing the same thing SamuraiKing was doing in regards to TF2, but in regards to controllers?
I can see you kind of added in the whole Don't get me wrong thing...
but TF2 sucks is a lot better than
YOU suck for playing with a controller.
:/
I know people that have played with both and suck balls on keyboard and can rape me on controller.
It just depends how they play the game.
you said the controller has limitations for actions right?
what if the person with the controller just is better.
like literally better, I know you'll use your 9/10 bla bla bla most of the time it doesn't happen.
Everyone that I've seen that is worth a damn in Halo plays good on controller.
You know why nobody really gives a ***about Halo on PC?
because everyone that gave a *** about halo had an xbox and didn't need it on pc because they already had it.
i know a few guys in MLG that would tell you the same ***lol.
edit:I am going to dip out too.
I am doing a lot more typing when I should being a lot more smoking.
I am not at my optimum high location gahhh.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Controller

Right thumb on analog
Left thumb on analog
Ring fingers on triggers

KB&M

Left index finger on D/R
Left ring finger on A/Q
Left thumb on SPACEBAR

W for forward
S for backward
A for Left
D for Right
CTRL for crouch
Space for jump
R for reload
Q for quickswitch

Left click for fire
Middle click for melee
Right click for alt fire

I'm actually going to go duo bst now so I'ma just take my victory here, you made a long *** response~

Thanks for playing.

I enjoyed putting it together, I can copy-pasta it whenever another ignorant person claims the 360 controller is superior :D
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 21:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Controller

Right thumb on analog
Left thumb on analog
Ring fingers on triggers

KB&M

Left index finger on D/R
Left ring finger on A/Q
Left thumb on SPACEBAR

W for forward
S for backward
A for Left
D for Right
CTRL for crouch
Space for jump
R for reload
Q for quickswitch

Left click for fire
Middle click for melee
Right click for alt fire

Thanks for playing.

I enjoyed putting it together, I can copy-pasta it whenever another ignorant person claims the 360 controller is superior :D
who gives a ***what is superior?
i think you care a little bit too much about this stuff man.
samuraiking is going to think you're gimp because you are coo coo for fps.
well i guess it kinda was like coco puffs.
oh well.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Weren't you kind of doing the same thing SamuraiKing was doing in regards to TF2, but in regards to controllers?
I can see you kind of added in the whole Don't get me wrong thing...
but TF2 sucks is a lot better than
YOU suck for playing with a controller.
:/
I know people that have played with both and suck balls on keyboard and can rape me on controller.
It just depends how they play the game.
you said the controller has limitations for actions right?
what if the person with the controller just is better.
like literally better, I know you'll use your 9/10 bla bla bla most of the time it doesn't happen.
Everyone that I've seen that is worth a damn in Halo plays good on controller.
You know why nobody really gives a ***about Halo on PC?
because everyone that gave a *** about halo had an xbox and didn't need it on pc because they already had it.
i know a few guys in MLG that would tell you the same ***lol.
edit:I am going to dip out too.
I am doing a lot more typing when I should being a lot more smoking.
I am not at my optimum high location gahhh.

I was, but my reasoning behind a controller being bad was the limitations on control, not because KB&M has a larger fan-base.

And yes, you will find someone being incredible with both control schemes, but the KB&M is more efficient than a controller, therefore it's more universal and has more use.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 21:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Siren.Enternius said:

Controller

Right thumb on analog
Left thumb on analog
Ring fingers on triggers

KB&M

Left index finger on D/R
Left ring finger on A/Q
Left thumb on SPACEBAR

W for forward
S for backward
A for Left
D for Right
CTRL for crouch
Space for jump
R for reload
Q for quickswitch

Left click for fire
Middle click for melee
Right click for alt fire

Thanks for playing.

who gives a ***what is superior?
i think you care a little bit too much about this stuff man.
samuraiking is going to think you're gimp because you are coo coo for fps.
well i guess it kinda was like coco puffs.
oh well.

Samuraiking was claiming Halo was superior to TF2 tons in this thread, Direct that post to him. I know you're friends with SK, but you berate me for something that he's doing himself.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-07-21 21:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Enternius said:

I think you missed the point. There's a delay between when you start moving the thumbstick and when you reach your target. Like if there's someone behind you, it takes time to turn around. It doesn't take time to turn around on PC, you can just move the mouse faster.

I'm 10th prestige on both MW1 and MW2, and I'm 50 in Team Slayer, Team SWAT, and Lone Wolves, but since I got my new laptop, I have no intention to go back to console FPS games.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 22:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'm sorry for F'in up your thread Darki lol.

It was a good debate, even if things got a little heated.
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-21 22:03:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

/salute
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 22:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Samuraiking was claiming Halo was superior to TF2 tons in this thread, Direct that post to him. I know you're friends with SK, but you berate me for something that he's doing himself.
You can't possibly think he was saying the initial ***for seriousz.
I knew he was just trying to get your goat from day one lol.
He got something though, dunno if it was a goat though.
Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

/salute
did you like my foods i posted?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 22:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

/salute

I don't really mind, Not enough people discuss FPS on this board, and seeing as it's my second favourite genre I enjoy talking about it. I knew he was trolling hence the 'Obvious troll is obvious' picture, but I still wanted to give my opinion on the matter.

But still, you do tend to pick on my posts more than other peoples posts on these boards, I think you just like arguing and know I'll voice my opinion lol.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 22:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

/salute

I don't really mind, Not enough people discuss FPS on this board, and seeing as it's my second favourite genre I enjoy talking about it. I knew he was trolling hence the 'Obvious troll is obvious' picture, but I still wanted to give my opinion on the matter.

But still, you do tend to pick on my posts more than other peoples posts on these boards, I think you just like arguing and know I'll voice my opinion lol.
You actually hit the nail on the head.
I am a fisherman so to speak.
You just seem to take the bait often, intended or otherwise.

[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 22:12:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

/salute

It's normally intended, I like having a debate, though I do wish they were less heated most of the time.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 22:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

/salute

It's normally intended, I like having a debate, though I do wish they were less heated most of the time.
Most let their emotions get the best of them.
I'm not very emotional in general when it comes to the internets, so if I play my cards right, I can keep it good and gray all day and play play play.
That's why for the most part I can end a thread without people feeling sour, for the most part.
I still haven't completely figured out Darki yet though.
But that may be pointed towards the fact that I'm paranoid as ***and am always second guessing ***lol.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 22:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

/salute

I'm not very emotional in general when it comes to the internets, so if I play my cards right, I can keep it good and gray all day and play play play.

Same most of the time, Sadly most of the time it's 2 or 3 people arguing with me at the same time so I do lose my temper from time to time. I try to keep it logical still though.

Anyways I'm going to go to sleep I think, 4:15 atm.
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-07-21 22:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

Phoenix.Darki said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

/salute

BSt *** sucks, died otw to ulegard range from a train of EP demons lol.... no pets in the *** zone of xarcabard. D:

Also, anyone who gets mad is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as ***. Though if no one got mad when I tried to make them that way it would be boring on here. :( I salute the idiots who keep me entertained.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-07-21 22:20:08
Link | Quote | Reply

"To anger someone is to own them."

I think that's how it went
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-21 22:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Making someone mortally upset with a 2-3 syllable word is quite satisfying.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-07-21 22:33:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bleh, not sure whether to pay for another month of subscription...
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-21 22:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Quiiiiit. Enjoy the freedom.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9